The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 12:17 AM
Commoner

Kate Middleton - what does William like about her?

I am not writing about Kate's looks but rather about her personality - what exactly do YOU think Wills saw (or still sees!) in Kate?!?

I am guessing that she is an easy-going person who is nice, talkative (not overly so!), shares similar interests to Wills, and is basicaly different from many other upper class British girls (they are kind of self absorbed!).

What is your opinion on Kate?
And, do you think Kate & Wills are a good match?!

Old 06-28-2005, 12:28 AM
Serene Highness

I wish I knew, I know nothing of her except for her appereance!

Old 06-28-2005, 01:18 AM
Courtier

maybe it's her smile which is very sweet.and also I agree with you on Kate being an easy going person.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Im really like her because William still with her since College years in Scotland and she been watch William play polo every years and she been went with William and Harry, Prince Charles at Kloster for skiing Prince Charles accept Kate with William as "official girlfriend" but i think she very nice girls and he and Kate went skiing somewhere before both went with his dad and Prince Harry.

but i think she looks nice for William to be together!

Sara Boyce
Old 06-28-2005, 02:58 AM
Courtier

Hopefully, she will not be for Wills, what Camilla was for Charles. But I think she is in love with Kate, as his father was for Camilla.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:49 PM
Commoner

Truly, only time will tell.....some children learn from their parents' mistakes but others do not!!

...those wings do fly her high above as a blessing on those who gave their love.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Nobility

She seems to be an extraordinarily restrained and discreet person. Aside from that, she's from the middle class, and, as we know, the middle class has different morals than the upper class (arguably better morals). Based on this, I'd doubt Kate turns out to be a Camilla.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Commoner

Km

I think Ariel could be right, Kate could be what Cam was for Charles. I hope not though!

Old 06-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

She seems to be a very down to earth, "normal" person. She doesn't seek attention and has her feet on the ground, and she and William shares the same interests. So that must be why they're together, they make a good match.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:59 AM
Majesty

has she ever said a word to the press?
i have nerver seen a scandel about her
she seems like a sweet young women
Old 09-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

She is intelligent, and seems kind. She convenced him to stay in college, so she must care about his well being. Even I like how she has never spoken to the press, and has kept their relationship private and special. She understands him and his role in history.

Old 09-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
She is intelligent, and seems kind. She convenced him to stay in college, so she must care about his well being. Even I like how she has never spoken to the press, and has kept their relationship private and special. She understands him and his role in history.
I think she want's to secure her place in history.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:14 AM
Administrator

Disregarding that last comment, it seems most members are agreed that Kate appears to be made of "the right stuff". Discretion rates highly. And I guess it shows Wills has good taste and good judgement in his choice of steady girlfriend.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I've no idea what William thinks of her personally or what even attracted him to her but she seems discreet, quite sensible in some ways and when you're the Heir to the throne those are things you have to think about.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Nobility

I think Kate appears to be independent, level-headed, respectful, modern, and extremely discreet - something which William will need in a relationship, and perhaps something he sees in Kate.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

We don't know, but can reasonably assume she certainly is strong-minded, independent and discreet. As a future King, it's not always easy to know what people's motives are and I'm sure William cherishes her friendship and loyalty.

He's a long way from marching down the aisle with her though. A marriage is very critical for him and he knows that.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:21 AM
Royal Highness

I know William is probably not going to get married in the near future but I think his relationship with Kate is good. It shows stability and commitment. I like Kate and think that she is a very capable person and has a pretty good idea what she's getting herself into. Even though the press backed off during college, she still had two years to deal with the whole "my boyfriend is a prince and i'll probably be attacked by the press." If she didn't I hope her friends supported and reminded her of that. In my opinion, the press can be brutal but if she walks into it on her own terms, than she'll do fine. Just keep being discreet and whatever happens will happen.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:38 AM
Nobility

I think she makes him feel safe, because she seems devoted to him, and she is keeping things really really quiet!He can trust her:)
Old 10-20-2005, 01:55 PM

One of the "mistakes" everyone says Charles made was not marrying Camilla when he had the chance. He waited and waited, and she couldn't wait for him forever, so she took her chance marrying Andrew PB, and Charles was miserable and so began to sad tale. So maybe Charles is pushing William to marry this girl because he's afraid William will lose his chance to marry the love of his life. No one knows if Kate is that love, but that's what makes it more scary for people who know and love William. They want to make sure he seizes the chance to marry that love. Charles could be urging William to "marry soon, don't wait like I did, or you'll mess up like me." Maybe William hangs on to her because he thinks (or Charles thinks) if he loses her, he'll regret it forever.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Princess
I think she makes him feel safe, because she seems devoted to him, and she is keeping things really really quiet!He can trust her:)
chelsy keeps the "things" quiet too. I think any royal girlfriend would keep the " things qiet" if they don't want an "early divorce" from the relationship. It they speak too much, they simply will be forsed out ot the royal cirkle...my speculation only

Tags
kate middleton, prince william, relationships