Kate Middleton Current Events 18: February-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i failed to keep track of quite a number of posts here lately... im sorry if i have to ask this but, what is kate's real job? is she a buyer or an assistant? the last time i read about this claimed that she's an assistant for jigsaw.

pls. clarify.. thanks.:)

I think she's an assistant buyer. It'd be a bit unusual for someone to step straight into the role of a buyer for a chain without some sort of training after their degree.

thanks Elspeth, i think so too. but has jigsaw made some formal announcement or something regarding her position in the company?

oh by the way, i ran over this in some other forum. it's a YOUTUBE video of how much kate loves wearing boots all the time.
YouTube - Boots made for walking

Last edited:
coolgirl said:
thanks Elspeth, i think so too. but has jigsaw made some formal announcement or something regarding her position in the company?

oh by the way, i ran over this in some other forum. it's a YOUTUBE video of how much kate loves wearing boots all the time.

Friendly warning - be careful, one of my prior posts got axed for mentioning another forum... :rolleyes:

No it didn't, it got axed for bashing another forum.

The relevant rule is this:

Discussion of other forums should be limited to royal-related content. We do not allow criticism of other forums or continuation of disagreements that started elsewhere.

coolgirl said:

Lol... maybe she does it cause she has skiny legs¿

The tabloids got so silent after her birthday passed so quietly! :lol: Of course, in addition to playing down the anti-climatic(sp?) nature of the "event" they also might have been playing it safe in consideration of the lawyers' threats to go to the PCC and cry harassment.

As if that wasn't enough to quiet Fleet Street, the Telegraph (or was it the Standard) shut them up by pointing out that the Palace doesn't want to have anything upstage The Queen's and Duke of Edinburgh's Diamond Wedding anniversary.

I think the Palace is crazy, though. They passed up a chance to do what Denmark did with Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson. Wasn't their wedding on a major historical royal anniversary? It was his grandmother's big day too, I think. It would have been a nice thing, especially if William and Catherine also had the wedding in Westminster Abbey. Recycled anniversaries are great for all families. The sense of heritage is irresistable, especially for such a big one as Diamond. 60 years ago.... It would also generate a sense of hope, as one would hope that someday William and Catherine would stay married happily and watch their own grandchildren's weddings.

Last but not least, it would be great stuff for the pro-monarchists! The Republicans would bury their heads in despair!:lol:

avrilo said:
I tried once to count her pairs of boots. I forgot my result though I remember she had a small # actually, as she re-wears the same few pairs all the time, especially those black suede ones she just loves!:)

^yeah, both Kate and William look very happy

The 24dash said Zara was there too for Tindall. Maybe she was in the special seats for special guests of the teams? How weird for any VIP section to exclude William and Harry, though, haha. I guess they were just showing their humble, proletarian:rolleyes: natures. How good of them!:)

Harry, Will and Kate all looked great at the match. Although Harry only seemed to be half there.

avrilo said:
The videos about her are so funny. Poor girl!

As long as it's all over the media, I guess it won't be a surprise any more. I wonder where these people get these stories.:bang:

Elspeth said:
As long as it's all over the media, I guess it won't be a surprise any more. I wonder where these people get these stories.:bang:

Their creative fiction department?

Avalon said:
Prince William plans to surprise his girlfriend Kate Middleton with a lavish diamond-encrusted trinket on Valentine's Day.
The 24-year-old royal has reportedly paid almost £10,000 for an antique green enamel Van Cleef + Arpels diamond-framed compact.

Oh really and I thought my husband had got that for me! :lol: :ROFLMAO:

At least we aren't being told that he will 'pop the question' this year on Valentine's Day.

You know, if and when this happens, I hope it will be on a day no one expects and surprised everyone.

Who doesn't have an antique green enamel diamond-framed compact? I have 4. William needs to get a more unique gift for his lady-love next time. :lol:

ugh, we dont even knew if this is article is true...:rolleyes: if william really plans to surprise kate, as secretive <or whatever you call it> as he is, wouldn't he have done his best so that "his plans" won't leak out - most especially to the media men who'd be dying to get this into front page the next day??:lol:

I think he should just do it on some random day. The rumors will always grow when there is a holiday or an anniversary of some kind.

I'd like to see him spring it on a day like Tuesday March???? A day that means nothing, because in the future it will always be the day Prince William got engaged. I think he should pick a day and make it his own special holiday in the future.:flowers:

Did anyone happen to catch the little quib in the article that said the "gift" originally belonged to his mother's estate??? So William paid for a gift for Catherine that was rightly his? who did he buy it from Paul Burrell? this story is apocryphal.

lord_rankin said:
Did anyone happen to catch the little quib in the article that said the "gift" originally belonged to his mother's estate??? So William paid for a gift for Catherine that was rightly his? who did he buy it from Paul Burrell?
No, I have read through it twice and can't find any mention of his dead mother or her estate. The executors are able to sell anything that Diana personally owned, but Diana wasn't 'into' horses or polo and if it had been hers, I would have thought it was a very inappropriate gift for his girlfriend.

Sorry forgot it was an article I had read on the royalist, which of course I shouldn't be reading..:sad:

chrissy57 said:
At least we aren't being told that he will 'pop the question' this year on Valentine's Day.

You know, if and when this happens, I hope it will be on a day no one expects and surprised everyone.

Too late ! Read this....

Odds on for royal Valentine proposal

14th February 2007 16:02:33
British bookmakers are taking bets on Britain's Prince William proposing to his girlfriend on Valentine's Day (14.02.07).
William Hill is offering 14/1 odds that the young royal will get down on one knee to ask Kate Middleton to be his wife today.

Odds on for royal Valentine proposal

lord_rankin said:
Sorry forgot it was an article I had read on the royalist, which of course I shouldn't be reading..:sad:
I'm feelin' you on that one.:lol:

:ermm: when can i read the news about kate and william free from engagement speculations and assumptions... it's getting downright tiring..

Give them another year and then you can read about their wedding plans, bootleg photos of her wedding gown, and betmaker odds on where the honeymoon will be....and if Pelly will be go with them.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom