The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 10:10 PM
Commoner

well actually I don't think age has all that much to do with it anymore really... First marriages have shocking divorce rates and 2nd and 3rd marriages get worse and worse divorce rates - even though by second and third marriages you are usually about 10 years older, in your 30s, in your 40s etc - old enough to know what you want in a partner apparently, but divorce rates are higher?!

I think people get married for all sorts of reasons and apparently, many of them don't start off with a good foundation and end up suffering for it down the track. Statistics I saw did indicate that if you lived with your partner before marriage, your relationship was more likely to end with divorce. People can take offence to that if they wish because its practically normal everyday stuff these days so it probably cuts a lot of people to hear about these statistics, but its not something that someone just made up, its backed up. Of course, not everyone who lives together before marriage will divorce or break up before they get married, but more do than don't. I know many more people who lived together first and ended in divorce or in fact break up before marriage, but I know two couples that are still together who lived together first. It can go both ways but the odds aren't in your favour if you live together first, that is all the study is saying.

And back to topic I like Jecca. Don't like her fashion though. But shes the most discreet girl he's been linked with. Have any of her friends talked does anyone know? Any big secrets out because of her? I think she gets an unfair go. People don't like her as much as Kate, but I like the fact that she doesn't really pose for the press like Kate does. It makes her seem genuine to me somehow - that she is really his friend and I have no doubts whatsoever that there is no other reason for her to value her friendship with him, unlike some people who seem to really try to benefit and get into the spotlight even more just for being associated with him - has anyone noticed that trashy pop celebs with cds coming out and people with movies coming out always say stuff about how they love William when they need more promotion? I think it makes them more famous for about 15 minutes :p Jecca hasn't played that up when she so easily could have.

Old 08-12-2005, 12:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by delineate
I, personally, think people have no right to tell me how my relationship is just because of our living arrangements.

Well…some people forget that Wills is not just a regular guy. He is the future British King, therefore he should be able to follow certain rules, likes it or not, like someone mentioned earlier. He also should be very careful who is living with him.

Old 08-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen

Well…some people forget that Wills is not just a regular guy. He is the future British King, therefore he should be able to follow certain rules, likes it or not, like someone mentioned earlier. He also should be very careful who is living with him.
Well said!:)
Old 11-26-2005, 06:16 AM

I am caught between Kate and Jessica at the moment. Kate seems nicer than Jessica, yet Jecca is so very interesting, isn't she? There is something about Jecca that screams Princess-to-be. I can't put my finger on it. Jecca has such an aristocratic quality about her. I like Kate, but she's kind of boring compared to Jecca, who inspires so much curiousity!!
Old 11-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Courtier

What does Jessica of her life? I mean, why is she rich? :p
Old 11-27-2005, 03:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

I Perfer Kate over Jecca
Old 11-27-2005, 03:15 PM
Nobility

I think he can do better than both of them.
But if I HAD to pick, it would be Jessica.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:57 AM
Gentry

Anyone found any new pictures of Jecca?
Old 02-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks
Tara Palmer-Tomlinson? who is she?
Her parents are landowner Charles Palmer- Tomkinson and Patti Palmer-Tomkinson, very close friends of Prince Charles and Camilla.:)
She is what is called an 'it' girl.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Courtier

I like Jecca, she seems nice and doesn't crave the spotlight. I think Kate and Jecca look very similiar but Jecca has a more natural beauty while Kate has a more photogenic beauty. Plus with her parents being freinds with Charles and Camilla Jecca it seems she has been acustom to this life for quite a while, she seems to me like she wouldn't have to adjust much and would make a good princess.
Old 02-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Aristocracy

From the photos I have seen of Jecca, she is a beautiful woman.

Very natural and definitely not a young woman who feels the need to follow fashion trends to boost her self confidence and self worth.

I actually think that she has a charisma about her which Kate does not have.

I also think her background/connections and her love of nature means she will fit into the BRF very well and share many interests with Will and his family. :p

Hope to see more photos of her making public appearances!
Old 02-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Nobility

If I had to pick it would be Jecca cuz she's more interesting.
Old 02-17-2006, 07:05 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
I Prefer Kate over Jecca
I agree, Kate seems much more refined.:)
Old 02-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I agree, Kate seems much more refined.:)
I think Jessica seems more refined
Old 02-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
I think Jessica seems more refined
To each his own, if we all liked the same things and people it would be a boring old world!

She ought at least to invest in a decent hat, the one she wears down on the farm isn't suitable for weddings, especially the van Cutsems'.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
To each his own, if we all liked the same things and people it would be a boring old world!

She ought at least to invest in a decent hat, the one she wears down on the farm isn't suitable for weddings, especially the van Cutsems'.
You're right
that farm outfit is very poor to a wed
But there's something in her, an aristocratic air :p I can't explain
Old 02-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula**
You're right
that farm outfit is very poor to a wed
But there's something in her, an aristocratic air :p I can't explain
That's a perfect example of how people see things differently. She always looks out of place and awkward at society events to me. She looks great down on the farm but, I just don't see anything aristocratic about her.
I'm not saying I see anything aristocratic in Kate either, I just think she is prettier and has a more classical look, Jessica looks a bit rough and ready.:)
Old 02-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Aristocracy

I pick Jecca...

I don't know.......... there is something that I don't like from Kate, but I don't know what it is..............
Old 02-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
She always looks out of place and awkward at society events to me. She looks great down on the farm but, I just don't see anything aristocratic about her.
You could say the same about Camilla, who in the past never really paid too much attention to fashion and having the perfect hairstyle. It shows she (Jecca) isn't too self absorbed in her looks that she neglects the important stuff as well, such as personality, smarts, fitting in, etc. No too mention the Queen herself has only recently spruced up her image. To be frank, if every monarch or royal were judged by their fashion sense, some of the greatest monarchs/leaders of various countries have ever had would never have been properly appreciated for the contributions to their country.
Old 02-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Courtier

Well said, Tzu An.

Tags
jessica craig, prince william, relationships