The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 06:44 AM
Aristocracy

Is William or Kate a snob?

Is it just me or do anyone else have the impression of Prince William being snobish? I like him a lot, but he just seems to be a bit snobish/stuck-up..
Is he more of a snob than his brother, Harry?
What do you think?

Old 11-20-2005, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Elizabeth
he just seems to be a bit snobbish/stuck-up.
... How so?

Old 11-20-2005, 06:48 AM
Aristocracy

I don't know, I just got that impression.
Perhaps I'm all wrong but the british royal family is known for being a bit snobish.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:50 AM
Courtier

With all due respect, I hardly think this worthy of its own thread...

"MII"
Old 11-20-2005, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't know, I just got that impression.
You don't know? OK then, how did you get that impression? Why did you post the question?
Old 11-20-2005, 07:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Is it just me or do anyone else have the impression of Prince William being snobish? I like him a lot, but he just seems to be a bit snobish/stuck-up..
Is he more of a snob than his brother, Harry?
What do you think?
With the media always ready to show up any bad points he may have, it would be hard to be too friendly in case people misinterpret it. He has been taught well by his father, to value any privacy he can get and not to bare his soul to the world.
He rightly wants to be seen as William, a person in his own right, rather than as the son of the Prince of Wales. He has been called YH since a very young age and it does not appear to have affected him.
So no, I don't think he is snobbish, just well mannered and well behaved.:)
Old 11-20-2005, 07:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

It is his birthrite to be a snob lol.

Well maybe he could be snobby, well considering he is a british royal , i imagine he is a snob behind closed doors. Maybe not as snobby as other british royals. However, in public he seems very down to earth.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Nobility

I don;t think the British Royals are snobs, they are polite speakers etc but a snob to me is someone who thinks they are better than everyone else and says so. A snob is rude.

Snobbery has nothing to do with money either, I know plenty of poor snobs!

William does not come across as a snob at all in my opinion, he seems a polite young man.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:25 PM
Royal Highness

William is not a snob IMHO. He was taught better than that by his mother.

William has a difficult line to walk being the direct heir behind his father. He must remain somewhat aloof to protect himself and the monarchy and yet must show himself in touch with the people.

Usually at the age of 18, young royals begin to be called YRH by staff and servants. William eschews being called that or even Sir. He asks to be called William. That is not snobbish behavior in my opinion.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:38 PM
Gentry

I personally think in order to know the true answer to this question, one would need to actually know the prince. However, from a personal standpoint, I think he is a kind young man who will make us a fine King when the time arrives.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Courtier

Umm I don't think he is snob... He is very private person... I like him.... still do...... if he is snob and still liked him No matter what....
Old 11-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think he is a snob.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:59 PM
Gentry

Maybe he's one of those shy people who isn't comfortable conversing well with people he meets the first time.

Snob or not, I don't know because I don't know him.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:20 AM
Serene Highness

What you mean maybe is that he comes across as a bit aloof sometimes? I would agree with that: I also think it's either out of shyness or some sort of self-defense mechanism stemming from the fact he's been haunded since practically the day he was born. Just imagine how annoying that must be for anyone, whether you're the son of the worshipped Diana of Wales, or not.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
What you mean maybe is that he comes across as a bit aloof sometimes? I would agree with that: I also think it's either out of shyness or some sort of self-defense mechanism stemming from the fact he's been haunded since practically the day he was born. Just imagine how annoying that must be for anyone, whether you're the son of the worshipped Diana of Wales, or not.
I think he saw the mistakes his mother made and doesn't feel the need to 'court' the press or public.:)
Old 11-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaches
Maybe he's one of those shy people who isn't comfortable conversing well with people he meets the first time.

Snob or not, I don't know because I don't know him.
That's what I was thinking. Also, it's hard being just one of you and millions of other people to meet and talk to.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Courtier

i think william seems really nice...not a snob at all. pherhaps when he was younger but now, i think he is really shy and will come out of his shell eventually...just like his late mother...i certainly dont think he is a snob
Old 11-22-2005, 03:36 PM
Commoner

I think he's really down-to-earth! when u see his bbc interviews he comes across as very approachable...i think you're confusing reserved with snobb..he seems to hold-back a little bit of his personality but i guess that's the only way for him to keep a peice of himself private...diana was very open, too open for my liking and at the end her openess and trust in people was betrayed just check out how many people have flogges books about something she told them in private!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Nobility

I think he is a snob.:)
Old 11-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think William learned from his mothers over openess. His mother couldnt keep her mouth shut and invited the media into her life. He knows being quite and giving the media little bits like his father is best. He is reserved. I dont think he is a snob but I havent seem much of him. Mystery is of vital importence in the monarchys survival.

Tags
british royal family, kate middleton, prince william, snobbery