Is William or Kate a snob?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider William a snob, not because of what clothes he wears, but because of his gestures.I mean I really don't know him personally, so I don't know what his attitude is like, but from the gestures he gives, it ain't all that good.He always has this look on his face, like he is this gift from God, and he is doing us all a favor, by just looking in our direction.Whenever, I see him shaking hands with the crowd, on T.V of course, he always seem to pull away. And didn't he one time say, and I quote, " Only the craziest girls chase after me..." I mean COME ON!! Yeah, I may not be OBSESSED with william, but I know many people who really like him, and for him to say that they all are just crazy, is kind of snobish. Also, whenever his father and his brother go skiing and afterwards sit down for the press conference, he always smiles at them like he is laughing at them or something. And I think we all remember how last year his father blabbed about how he hated this one journalist or whatever, and I think he gets that from his father. Last year, when one of the reporters asked him whether he wanted to get married or not, he gave this irrated (in snobbish voice) answer and said something like "GOD, Iam only 23, I don't wanna get married until Iam 28 or thirty." I mean calm down William it's just a question.So, yes, William is a SNOB!:) :)

I think the first question is what you define as a "snob". Personally speaking, I always perceive it as having standards in life and don't see anything wrong with not accepting something that is below your own standards.

As for William, a friend of mine was at St. Andrews around the time william was there. St. Andrews is a tiny place so she used to see him all the time and said he was always friendly and polite. He did sometimes seem a little bit annoyed with the attention he received but after a while most people just got used to seeing him. A snob? From what she told me absolutely not.

I guess only his friends will know. He could be putting up an act and giving us what we want-a prince charming or he can actually be that nice. I don't know for some reason I've been starting to not think very fondly of him lately.

Speaking of British royals who are not snobs, Camilla comes to my mind.
I live in a suburb of Washington DC and when she came here to visit us she was wonderful! She spoke to school children and made them laugh and feel at ease and she smiled through some unseasonally hot fall weather, while looking her best in elegant suits.

I think he is just reserved, I have heard he actually takes more after his father in his personality and takes his role in the world very seriously. Imagine every move you make someone is trying to find the bad side so they can exploit it. I think this is the only way he can protect himself. I bet his friends would tell you in private he is a very caring, fun, polite person. I have heard he is very thoughtful. I think his mother would be very proud of him.

It depends on what you mean by "snob". He's a future king and is royal, so he has learned how to keep his reserve in public, but is generally considered to be very warm and down-to-earth with all kinds of people.

Princess Diana felt it was very important for the boys to be able to connect with all walks of life and it's clear she was very successful. I agree she would be very proud of William and Harry.

polop said:
And didn't he one time say, and I quote, " Only the craziest girls chase after me..." I mean COME ON!! Last year, when one of the reporters asked him whether he wanted to get married or not, he gave this irrated (in snobbish voice) answer and said something like "GOD, Iam only 23, I don't wanna get married until Iam 28 or thirty." I mean calm down William it's just a question.So, yes, William is a SNOB!:) :)

The first remark was said with normal British humour. He was asking why anyone would be interested in chasing after him because he doesn't consider himself to be anything special. From that I would say he is very down to earth and has a good sense of humour.:D
I'm sure most of us can understand that he has more going on in his life than finding a wife and it must be really annoying to have to avoid giving a direct answer, to the same question, for the 200th time that day.
Ask most young men the same question and most will give you the same answer.

Last edited:
kaydura0717 said:
I guess only his friends will know. He could be putting up an act and giving us what we want-a prince charming or he can actually be that nice. I don't know for some reason I've been starting to not think very fondly of him lately.

yeah I agree... i never meet him .. If i met him then I will know.

polop said:
And didn't he one time say, and I quote, " Only the craziest girls chase after me..." I mean COME ON!! Last year, when one of the reporters asked him whether he wanted to get married or not, he gave this irrated (in snobbish voice) answer and said something like "GOD, Iam only 23, I don't wanna get married until Iam 28 or thirty." I mean calm down William it's just a question.So, yes, William is a SNOB!:) :)

Nah, just what a normal 23 year old guy would say if people kept pestering him about getting married and the normal 23 year old probably wouldn't be as polite as William. ;)

In my opinion, I find that Kate tries too hard and is fake, whereas Mary is genuine. I know people are going to hate me for saying that:( but that is my opinion.

I know their is a big age difference between Mary and Kate, but Mary seems very warm to the public from the start. Kate seems like a snob.
sorry again:(

Skydragon said:
The first remark was said with normal British humour. He was asking why anyone would be interested in chasing after him because he doesn't consider himself to be anything special. From that I would say he is very down to earth and has a good sense of humour.:D
I'm sure most of us can understand that he has more going on in his life than finding a wife and it must be really annoying to have to avoid giving a direct answer, to the same question, for the 200th time that day.
Ask most young men the same question and most will give you the same answer.

That is very true, I completely agree!:)

princesslily said:
In my opinion, I find that Kate tries too hard and is fake, whereas Mary is genuine. I know people are going to hate me for saying that:( but that is my opinion.

I know their is a big age difference between Mary and Kate, but Mary seems very warm to the public from the start. Kate seems like a snob.
I totally agree with you

I think that being a royal saves William and Harry from being too snobbish. If they weren't royals and had what they have today, excluding being heir and spare-heir to the crown, they wouldn't give you and I the time of day. They would definitely show their snobbishness, but with style and picking and choosing the time to be a snob. Face it, they are young, attractive and very very rich. They are tall and gorgeous (adding to the attractive description). They know who they are and who we aren't. Both girls come from stock that has money or at least more than I have or ever dream to have. I definitely see Chelsy as a real snob by her mere movement and dress. Kate a little less snobbish and more conservative, but knowing who she is wooing. Anyway, IMHO, they are not snob-free.
:)

princesslily said:

How does Kate try too hard?

She generally looks annoyed to be photographed she doesn't court the press in any way. I just don't get how you came to that conclusion?!

If anything I think it's the other way round, I find Mary very fake and artificial.

Royal Fan said:
I Dont think Kate is a snob at all .

I don't either and it is all down to what you think makes someone a snob. It could be someone who owns a house, looking down on someone who rents, Someone who works looking down on a student, a student looking down on someone who is in a manual job, it is an individual definition, IMO:) .
As far as we know Kate and William will befriend people they like, as opposed to only those with the same money or background.

Oh dear, Kate isn't even married yet and we're comparing her to other crown princesses.

I actually like Mary, don't know much about Kate but any comparisons between the two is a little premature since Kate and William are just dating and are trying to keep their relationship private as much as possible. We don't know enough about Kate to make a comparison. Mary, since she's already married and has a child, doesn't have that luxury of keeping private the way that Kate has.

So let's confine the conversation to Kate, shall we?

Well, I think Kate is a snob. She seems so full of her self, like she is a God and we should worship her.I know, I hear people say that, "well, she is just a girl and she is doing her regular day stuff, so leave her alone," I am sorry, but that can't happen. Royals need publicity. Especially in a time like this, when decmocracy is talked about like weather. When Prince William is a part of charity, he feels the need to raise the money for whatever cause he is interested in, right? Well, I think we all know that if he wasn't PRINCE WILLIAM, he won't have the privilage to raise half the money he raises now. And deny it all you want, but that IS due to the publicity he recieves. So then, how come when the same publicity is bringing him all these organizations to donate money, he turns on the press? Why is he a snob about all the things that have brought him all of his fortune? I also find it misleading that Prince William poses on the covers of such magazines as "Vanity Fair," yet wonders, "Why are they interested in me?" I know Kate wants to be all like, "Well, he is just William to me," but Iam sorry, that doesn't work. That's like the First Lady saying, "Well, Iam just the president's wife, why are they interested in me?" :)

Little_star said:
How does Kate try too hard?

She generally looks annoyed to be photographed she doesn't court the press in any way. I just don't get how you came to that conclusion?!

If anything I think it's the other way round, I find Mary very fake and artificial.

Are you kidding?:)

Kate is one of most fake people I've ever seen. She is all Miss-Happy-To-Be-Here, kind of a girl, but when you catch her by herself, she is a total you know what.:) ;)

Laraib said:
Well, I think Kate is a snob. She seems so full of her self, like she is a God and we should worship her... That's like the First Lady saying, "Well, Iam just the president's wife, why are they interested in me?"
Poor Kate. All we know of her is from press and paparazzi photographs. Yet some people are convinced they know her innermost thoughts and desires.
The girlfriend of Prince William, already being used in analogy with the President's wife (and God too!). If she does marry William she'll be mentioned in the Church of England prayers, so she'll be part-way there. :)

Laraib said:
Royals need publicity. Especially in a time like this, when decmocracy is talked about like weather. When Prince William is a part of charity, he feels the need to raise the money for whatever cause he is interested in, right? Well, I think we all know that if he wasn't PRINCE WILLIAM, he won't have the privilage to raise half the money he raises now. And deny it all you want, but that IS due to the publicity he recieves. So then, how come when the same publicity is bringing him all these organizations to donate money, he turns on the press? Why is he a snob about all the things that have brought him all of his fortune? Well, I think Kate is a snob. She seems so full of her self, like she is a God and we should worship her.I know, I hear people say that, "well, she is just a girl and she is doing her regular day stuff, so leave her alone," I am sorry, but that can't happen.

What has democracy got to do with the royals? Posing to raise money for the few charities he is involved with, should not allow people to poke into every corner of his life. Being a patron of a charity should be seen as a job, when you are at work fine but, when you are off work, you are entitled to some privacy, none of which has anything to do with his personal fortune!

Why can't Kate be left to have a life, because you want her to pose and smile. She is confident but, I am amazed that you think she believes herself to be god like, how did you come to this conclusion about a nice young woman who wants privacy, rather than worship? :confused: If you "hear people saying that she is just a girl leading a normal life, so leave her alone", surely that means that there are very few people with the same opinion as you!

Skydragon said:
Why can't Kate be left to have a life, because you want her to pose and smile. She is confident but, I am amazed that you think she believes herself to be god like, how did you come to this conclusion about a nice young woman who wants privacy, rather than worship? :confused: If you "hear people saying that she is just a girl leading a normal life, so leave her alone", surely that means that there are very few people with the same opinion as you!

Of course Kate deserves to be left alone, but given that that it is a futile expectation it would be nice to see her handle the situation a little more graciously. I think she comes off snobby because of this lapse in courtesy, but no, that is not the same as her thinking she is worthy of worship.

GreenLily said:
Of course Kate deserves to be left alone, but given that that it is a futile expectation it would be nice to see her handle the situation a little more graciously. I think she comes off snobby because of this lapse in courtesy, but no, that is not the same as her thinking she is worthy of worship.

Take a look at the Kate current events thread, where she is being pulled apart because she did smile and act graciously for the cameras and everyone else who saw her at Cheltenham. Mind you, she did wrinkle her nose once or twice and gasped with horror occasionally, she even frowned a few times.:rolleyes:

Skydragon said:
What has democracy got to do with the royals? Posing to raise money for the few charities he is involved with, should not allow people to poke into every corner of his life. Being a patron of a charity should be seen as a job, when you are at work fine but, when you are off work, you are entitled to some privacy, none of which has anything to do with his personal fortune!

This is what democracy has to do with royals.
Haven't you heard that many people find royals in this era meaningless? They don't rule anyone nor do they make crucial decsions, then why are tax payer money is given to these people? By any account, royals, inculding the british royals need good publicity to promote them. :)

Laraib said:
This is what democracy has to do with royals.
Haven't you heard that many people find royals in this era meaningless? They don't rule anyone nor do they make crucial decsions, then why are tax payer money is given to these people? By any account, royals, inculding the british royals need good publicity to promote them. :)

Democracy is a system where the population of a society controls the government.
So I still fail to see what democracy has to do with the royals as they have nothing to do with the government. Luckily in the UK many more people are proud of their royal family and are not baying for a republic.
The fact remains that everyone is entitled to some privacy, especially Kate who is not even a member of the royal family, yet!

Skydragon said:
Take a look at the Kate current events thread, where she is being pulled apart because she did smile and act graciously for the cameras and everyone else who saw her at Cheltenham. Mind you, she did wrinkle her nose once or twice and gasped with horror occasionally, she even frowned a few times.:rolleyes:

Kate's behaviour at Cheltenham was somewhat atypical for her though, which may be why she's being castigated for "acting like a celebrity". Plus there's a world of difference between posing for cameras at an event and being generally pleasant.

I think this thread has passed its sell-by date. Since none of us knows William or Kate, we can only go on impressions we get from the media. Once people have said "yes I think he's a snob" or "no I think he's quite down to earth," that's pretty much all you can say. And now that Kate is also under scrutiny, the tone of the thread has turned rather more vicious than is actually necessary. One way and another, there doesn't seem to be much advantage in keeping it open.

The three British Royals moderators have discussed this issue and decided that this is an appropriate time to close the thread.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom