Has your opinion of Kate changed?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOSSEAN said:
Diana had charisma and the classification is not derived wholly from one photograph.

In your opinion presumably, to others she had none, in the same way that not everyone likes or will like Catherine.

BeatrixFan said:
I agree. I never bought the Diana panda eyes coy look. It always seemed false to me but with Kate, she has a look of, "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" which I like.

BeatrixFan-When did you become a Kate fan? I am very happy that you have.

I think William has pick a winner with Kate. She will go the long hall with him because they love each other.:flowers:

Skydragon said:
In your opinion presumably, to others she had none, in the same way that not everyone likes or will like Catherine.

You're right on the matter of difference of opinions.

There's a big thread about it called "Has Your Opinion of Kate Changed?". You can read about my conversion to the Kate camp there!

AuroraB said:
Getting ready to cry because she's "bored to tears". Caption could be "ok, when is this going to be over, so I can leave". Not much charisma in that particular photo.:rolleyes:

I was very surprised when I saw these two photos. It is one of the worst photos I've ever seen of Diana. Not a hint of charisma, and I don't even think this one was staged. It's just the sullen, bored, stare...with head tilt. :) Kate, OTOH, looks vibrant and stylish and much more interesting, IMO.

Roslyn said:
I was very surprised when I saw these two photos. It is one of the worst photos I've ever seen of Diana. Not a hint of charisma, and I don't even think this one was staged. It's just the sullen, bored, stare...with head tilt. :) Kate, OTOH, looks vibrant and stylish and much more interesting, IMO.

Yeah, in this particular picture Kate looked adequate. I'll just leave it at that.

So I guess this thread is starting to become comparisons between Diana and Kate. Instead on has your opinion of Kate changed.

No, this thread isn't about Diana. If it starts veering too far down that particular road, the moderators will be along with our pruning shears.

No my opinion of her has not changed. I have liked her from day one.

PS: it really annoys me when people say that serious people have no personalities and are boring... no we aren't! we just aren't exactly the same as you! just because a person is serious doesn't mean they don't have a personality or interests, it just means they don't shout about it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The perils of the misunderstood introvert!;)

I have no opinion of Catherine myself I only hope that if they do marry they will be very happy. It seems to me William is being very wise to take his time rather than marrying in haste and hopefully no-one in the Royal Family will make him marry by a certain age.

The one thing that disturbs me the most is that the press seems to have not learned a thing from making Princess Diana's life miserable. I know that many of you on here think she was part of the problem and maybe she was but that still hounded her and they are now hounding this poor girl. Have they not learned anything?

Lily

I have never paid much attention to Kate or the British Royal family but from what I have seen lately of Kate, I think her addition to the family (if it happens) will revitalise the monarchy. I am impressed with the way she carries herself.

Sister Morphine said:
No offense, but I don't see what you're talking about. If I had people constantly taking my picture and camped outside my house, I wouldn't have a smile on my face 24-7. Unless of course you want her smiling like an idiot all day just in case a paparazzo snaps the shutter on her.
When did being happy become equated with being an idiot? I guess Maxima must be an idiot then seeing as she smiles so much........

As for Kate, she's often grumpy looking in her photos and her body language sometimes reads arrogant to me.

Little_star said:
When did being happy become equated with being an idiot? I guess Maxima must be an idiot then seeing as she smiles so much........
As for Kate, she's often grumpy looking in her photos and her body language sometimes reads arrogant to me.

I am sure that beautiful and gracious as she is, Maxima would have trouble smiling if she was treated in the same way!

I don't believe that Sister Morphine was suggesting for a moment that Maxima is an idiot, but, there are some people who do look like idiots constantly keeping a false smile on their face.

Catherine may looked harassed in the photo's the press choose to use, but when did it become grumpy and arrogant to walk properly?

Here is a link to an article from the Guardian/Observer dealing with opinions from various PR experts as to how Catherine Middleton should handle press interest in her life. I think it's very interesting to read these and I agree with so many of them.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/monarchy/story/0,,1989793,00.html

Some excerpts:
She shouldn't do anything yet. ...she should make it clear she isn't going to step into Diana's shoes.

No interviews at all - not even one, or it's open season.

She should choose her charitable activities and the organisations she gets involved with carefully, and be the antithesis of what Diana was.

She can't engage with the media - nor should she. But she seems to have a very nice personality that comes across regardless. We've seen from Princess Diana that trying to manipulate the media is not a very clever thing to do.
She shouldn't tell anyone anything, and should trust no one.

my opinion on kate has changed but for worse.. I first saw her as a normal girl.. intelligent.. pretty.. professional.. with a low-key lifestyle.. an authentic "people's princess".. but now she has a rather "suspecious" job.. I think she does something with the fashion industry or sometyhing like that.. she seems to like the paparazzi attention and loves to be in the spotlight.. all her life depens on willam's.. she is a gold-digger (pushed by her mother carole).. and she definately loves will's crown rather than himself.. she is very confied that she will marry willam and that's why she doesn't even bother to work hard or do something productive of her time..

Heiress Victoria said:
but now she has a rather "suspecious" job.. I think she does something with the fashion industry or sometyhing like that.. she seems to like the paparazzi attention and loves to be in the spotlight.. all her life depens on willam's.. she is a gold-digger (pushed by her mother carole).. and she definately loves will's crown rather than himself.. she is very confied that she will marry willam and that's why she doesn't even bother to work hard or do something productive of her time..

Catherine is the daughter of two people who have a business which is connected to the world of fashion. She has an academic degree which gives her the background to work in fashion herself. We know she leaves her flat in the morning and comes home in the evening. Sometimes she goes out with her boyfriend at night. There is not much more to know about her. Except that she was not asked if she wanted to be in the spotlight - that came with the person of her boyfriend. Where do you get the idea from that she "loves the crown more than William"? :ermm:

Kate is gorgeous...she's becoming one of my favorite young royals! She's a young spirit and that's what the Brits are needing between their royal family :)

my opinion on kate has changed but for worse.. I first saw her as a normal girl.. intelligent.. pretty.. professional.. with a low-key lifestyle.. an authentic "people's princess".. but now she has a rather "suspecious" job.. I think she does something with the fashion industry or sometyhing like that.. she seems to like the paparazzi attention and loves to be in the spotlight.. all her life depens on willam's.. she is a gold-digger (pushed by her mother carole).. and she definately loves will's crown rather than himself.. she is very confied that she will marry willam and that's why she doesn't even bother to work hard or do something productive of her time..

I can't see any indication from those birthday photos that she was loving every minute of having those cameras rammed into her face.

Also, let me put on my moderator hat and remind you that comments such as "she is a gold digger" and "she loves Will's crown rather than himself" and "she doesn't work too hard" are unsupported and malicious pieces of speculation and are against our rules. If you have some sort of backup for these opinions, such as documentation that her supervisors at work are complaining about her or that she's been telling people how much more she likes William's status than the man himself, by all means feel free to share. If not, then those opinions are worthless.

Heiress Victoria said:

No offense, but this sounds like bunkum to me. No one here knows Kate and William personally, so how can any of us comment on the foundation of their relationship? Through tabloid rumors? They're in the tabloids for a reason.....because they aren't substantial enough to be actual news.

I should point out that being a buyer for a major fashion chain like Jigsaw is a serious job and if I were a buyer for them at that age I would be pretty pleased with my career. She isn't standing behind the counter selling accessories, she's a buyer.

And thanks Elspeth.

Sister Morphine said:
No offense, but this sounds like bunkum to me. No one here knows Kate and William personally, so how can any of us comment on the foundation of their relationship? Through tabloid rumors? They're in the tabloids for a reason.....because they aren't substantial enough to be actual news.

whatever Heiress Victoria said is actually news, part of it atleast. shes in the fashion indistry, shes a buyer (probably through connections) and she is probably a gold digger (someone here has a friend who was a waitress with her in university- Kate made her intentions pretty clear about why she was there). It doesnt sound like bunkum t o me. your entitled to your opinion, Heriess Victoria to hers, as i am to mine, and i agree with pretty much everything shes said.

I hope we're not going to get back into unsupported accusations again. How do we know that anybody here really does know her or really does know someone who knows her, just because they said so? Someone else could know someone who knows someone who knows Kate and heard her say she wished William wasn't royal. Whose word are we supposed to take?

cd_1 said:
whatever Heiress Victoria said is actually news, part of it atleast. shes in the fashion indistry, shes a buyer (probably through connections) and she is probably a gold digger (someone here has a friend who was a waitress with her in university- Kate made her intentions pretty clear about why she was there). It doesnt sound like bunkum t o me. your entitled to your opinion, Heriess Victoria to hers, as i am to mine, and i agree with pretty much everything shes said.

Her being a buyer in the fashion industry isn't what I thought was bunkum. It was the notion that she's a gold-digger, only after William's money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom