Has anyone ever written to William or Harry?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey

City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Well, the title says it all really. Has anyone here ever written to either Prince William or Prince Harry? And did you get a reply? :D

I have - I used to send a card and letter at birthdays, Christmas etc when I was in my teens.

I only ever got Dear John letters from William, but I once got a more personal one from Harry. It basically said that he appreciated my letter and had asked his assistant to pass on his best wishes to me.:)

Wow, that's so cool!!!

I was thinking of writing to Harry. I'm not 100% sure though.

i hope I could ,but i don`t know at what address could I write.and if i really send some thing would any of them read it ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think the emails, or letters would get to them directly anyway. Their staff read them first.

I once wrote to William when I was much younger...never got a response, but it's funny now thinking about it.

I don't think the emails, or letters would get to them directly anyway. Their staff read them first.
yes, it is a well known fact that every letter, card or emails are read by their staff first. i read somewhere that william's personal assistant at the palace does it for him, you know..reading the letters and respond to the sender..

yes, it is a well known fact that every letter, card or emails are read by their staff first. i read somewhere that william's personal assistant at the palace does it for him, you know..reading the letters and respond to the sender..

Even getting a response from the palace could be a wonderful experience for the sendee. Not everyone gets a letter with an embossed letterhead from the palace--only those who write or doing business with the folks.

Back in 1970, I did get a 'thank you' from the Prince of Wales with the POW embossed feather letterhead. Pretty cool, even if the contents inside wasn't directly from the Prince.

I worte a letter (a card) to Prince Harry when a friend of was killed 2004/2005. I did recive a letter embossed feather letterhead

Even getting a response from the palace could be a wonderful experience for the sendee. Not everyone gets a letter with an embossed letterhead from the palace--only those who write or doing business with the folks.

Back in 1970, I did get a 'thank you' from the Prince of Wales with the POW embossed feather letterhead. Pretty cool, even if the contents inside wasn't directly from the Prince.
wow, that must be really cool!!:cool:

I've written to both on several occasions and have always recieved a reply on the POW letterhead paper, replies are usually signed by the correspondence secretary, Mrs. Claudia Holloway

I written to Harry many times and i got lots of replies

I have not written to them but I have written to the Duchess of York and Princess of Wales and gotten responses from them on BP and KP letterhead with the POW feathers on the POW response. It was handwritten from a assistant same type of working they were asked to pass on ......
I had sent the POW some designs I made for evening gowns when I was like 13 :wub:
A girl dreaming one day the Princess would wear one of my creations! LOL
I have not written to the boys yet but after reading that they do have people responding I just might to add to my collection.
BTW I just sent them to Buckingham Palace and Kensington Palace and it arrived to them LOL
Michelle

I may have contacted Prince William through Star Light and Magic which I think is an American website.
I really like William and Harry although I know William has a smart side to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny because when I was 14 I wrote to Prince Harry. I checked the mail every couple of hours after that for 2 weeks, and I finally received a response. I think I still have the envelope and letter lying around here somewhere.

Aha! after searching through boxes of old stuff, I found it! It says that blah blah is responding on his behalf (which is to be expected) and he sends his best wishes. :)

But, funnier than that, is that I also found a postcard that my best friend sent me whilst in London, and on it she wrote to me:

"My lovely darling! I took a photo of a rugby thing for you. Tee hee! I've also been on the look-out for the prince... but damned if he hasn't been hiding from me. Meanie."

LOL. <3

Only once after their mother died the principle of my high school set something up so that everyone who wanted could send them letters. I didn't get anything and dont recall if the school got something since all the letters were bundled and sent from the school

I never have written any letter to William, Harry or any royal.

I would like to write..what is the address to write to William, Harry, and Kate?

I Wrote the Earl of Wessex after his Daughter was born reply by his Secretry

I wrote to William and Kate right after the engagement but never got anything back....yet...

I also wrote to Prince Charles and got a reply back in 2 weeks.

No, I never have written a letter to Harry or William.

I have written to William as a teen, but got no responses.

Now I'm student teaching in a self-contained 2nd/3rd grade class, and I'm tempted to have the kids write a note to a royal of their choice, and I'd send them all out. The only issue is that this is a school in the States, and the kids may be more excited about writing to the president (not to mention I'm a little scared of the response my cooperating teacher would have for this type of activity).

Not 100% on topic, but...

...it does involve a letter to the Palace.

Once, as a travel agent, I was arranging a London trip for a local family, including a 2 year old child. When the doting grandmother came in to pick up her documents, she informed me that she had written a letter to then 2-year-old Prince William.

Her voice took on a cloyingly sweet tone as she described the letter: "and, William, you and I are the same age, and I won't have any playmates in London, and I'll bet we would have a lot of fun playing together, etc...". The gran was quite optimistic, even certain, that she would receive a letter inviting her and her grandson to tea at KP.

After she left the shop, we all burst into laughter. When she returned from her trip, I could hardly wait to ask her how it turned out. Amazingly, she was NOT invited to tea!

I wrote a letter to William shortly after the engagement was announced and received a response from someone in his office on Monday. It was a nice response saying William asked her to pass on his thanks for the letter. It came on nice paper with his insignia, the W with a crown over it. I think it's a nice keepsake! I'm thinking about writing to Harry next.

I got the same thing but I was over the moon to even receive something. I knew they must have had a heck of alot of mail to sort through so to even get a nice response like that was lovely and I'm quite grateful.

I haven't tried to write them but when I was in the 2nd grade we wrote to the President as a class project and we each got nice letters on White House stationary back - so I think it would be a cute project to teach small children about letter writing. But I see some people have said they tried and didn't get a response, so maybe Buckingham Palace doesn't answer mail of this sort - I think they'd have some sort of a form letter they'd send back. If you're talking about writing to one of them personally, however, they'll never see it - a secretary would probably handle this sort of thing.

Anyway, here's the link to where you can write them from the official UK site;

http://www.royal.gov.uk/Contactus/Contact%20a%20member%20of%20the%20Royal%20Family.aspx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom