The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Commoner

what address do we write too?

Old 01-22-2011, 11:43 PM

No, I never have written a letter to Harry or William.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Majesty

I have written to William as a teen, but got no responses.

Now I'm student teaching in a self-contained 2nd/3rd grade class, and I'm tempted to have the kids write a note to a royal of their choice, and I'd send them all out. The only issue is that this is a school in the States, and the kids may be more excited about writing to the president (not to mention I'm a little scared of the response my cooperating teacher would have for this type of activity).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Courtier

Not 100% on topic, but...

...it does involve a letter to the Palace.

Once, as a travel agent, I was arranging a London trip for a local family, including a 2 year old child. When the doting grandmother came in to pick up her documents, she informed me that she had written a letter to then 2-year-old Prince William.

Her voice took on a cloyingly sweet tone as she described the letter: "and, William, you and I are the same age, and I won't have any playmates in London, and I'll bet we would have a lot of fun playing together, etc...". The gran was quite optimistic, even certain, that she would receive a letter inviting her and her grandson to tea at KP.

After she left the shop, we all burst into laughter. When she returned from her trip, I could hardly wait to ask her how it turned out. Amazingly, she was NOT invited to tea!
Old 02-13-2011, 01:08 AM

I wrote a letter to William shortly after the engagement was announced and received a response from someone in his office on Monday. It was a nice response saying William asked her to pass on his thanks for the letter. It came on nice paper with his insignia, the W with a crown over it. I think it's a nice keepsake! I'm thinking about writing to Harry next.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:53 AM
Heir Apparent

That is a very nice keepsake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVEAP View Post
It came on nice paper with his insignia, the W with a crown over it. I think it's a nice keepsake! I'm thinking about writing to Harry next.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:55 AM
Heir Apparent

I got the same thing but I was over the moon to even receive something. I knew they must have had a heck of alot of mail to sort through so to even get a nice response like that was lovely and I'm quite grateful.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:22 AM

Meeting Prince Harry or Prince William

I wonder just how many people have met the princes while out clubbing/dining in London...

How to Behave When You’re in The Presence of Royalty | Socyberty
Old 05-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Aristocracy

I haven't tried to write them but when I was in the 2nd grade we wrote to the President as a class project and we each got nice letters on White House stationary back - so I think it would be a cute project to teach small children about letter writing. But I see some people have said they tried and didn't get a response, so maybe Buckingham Palace doesn't answer mail of this sort - I think they'd have some sort of a form letter they'd send back. If you're talking about writing to one of them personally, however, they'll never see it - a secretary would probably handle this sort of thing.

Anyway, here's the link to where you can write them from the official UK site;

http://www.royal.gov.uk/Contactus/Co...%20Family.aspx
Old 05-17-2011, 11:08 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliefox View Post
I wonder just how many people have met the princes while out clubbing/dining in London...

How to Behave When You’re in The Presence of Royalty | Socyberty

Thanks for the link !
The important thing is not to be bitter over life's dissapointments.Learn to let go of the past and recognise that every day won't be sunny.But when you find yourself in the darkness of despare,rememmber that it is only in the black of night you can see stars,and those stars will lead you home!So don't be afraid to make mistakes,to stumble and fall,cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most!!! :)
Old 05-27-2011, 10:07 AM

I sent a card with a note on it to The Queen Mother for her 100th Birthday and sent it to Buckingham Palace and did get a reply from her Lady in Waiting which was a nice note saying it was very appreciated. It was in a lovely embossed card and envelope. I still have it as it is precious

Tags
correspondence, harry, kate, prince harry, prince william, queen, royal, william