Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If an off duty soldier, most likely on leave ahead of a tour of duty in a deadly warzone, decides to have a few drinks and a bit of fun in his hotel room with a woman he's just met, how on earth is that anyone's business but his?

Thanks. Now for some reason I can't get the tune "What do you do with a drunken sailor" out of my head. :D

Military personnel have been notorious over the ages for going on leave and doing stupid things. Leave for many military personnel is a release from the restrictions they face daily during active duty and when they're set loose, they go full steam ahead. For some reason waking up with a tattoo comes to mind. Harry's antics were really no different than what many other men and women have done and took place in a private venue. The only difference here is that Harry is well known and a quick buck could be made off of publicizing what went on.

I doubt very much that there's really all that much more to come. The big tabloid 'kiss and tell' stories in the UK are almost always published on Sundays, which were the preserve of the late News of the World. The fact that there was so little in the papers yesterday, suggests that they're flogging a bit of a dead horse at this point.

Another thing that should be born in mind in terms of the British papers is that August is 'silly season' in this country. The Houses of Parliament are in recess, the PM's on holiday, the Queen and Prince Charles are in Scotland; there's just not that much to write about. Hence, Harry in the buff becomes the papers' story of choice.

ITV has just started showing 'Harry's Mountain Heroes' by the way, a documentary about the injured troops whom Harry has been supporting, on this occasion, in climbing Everest.

I don't care what chromosomes the person has, making a buck off of someone roses embarrassment is disgusting and low. It's sad that this is where we have come to, integrity and human decency is out the door, all in favor of making money. I don't know if this trend has taken hold in England where a girl has an indiscretion with a famous person and then decides to make money off of it; though I do remember the Rebecca Loos situation a few years back.
The last man I recall who prostituted himself go make a buck off and sell his story was the guy who clAimed to be sleeping with Carolyn Bessett while she was married to JFK Jr. I thought his behavior was just as disgusting as this girls.
Come back to me when someone offers you a few millions to sell your story and/or pictures. It's a nice sum of money to have in your back account.

Harry's actions have gone down brilliantly with his fellow servicemen and women. Warning, this would be NSFW:

He's facing a grilling from his army bosses but it seems Prince Harry’s colleagues have taken a more good-humoured approach to his Vegas scandal.

Hundreds of soldiers have stripped off in support of the prince for a rapidly-growing Facebook group called ‘Support Prince Harry with a naked salute’.

The group, which already has more than 8,000 members, features military men and women posing naked in their barracks or standing nude on tanks in Afghanistan.

Prince Harry naked pictures: Soldiers in naked Facebook salute - Mirror Online

Fair play to them all, particularly the ones who are as we speak on the frontline in Afghan. It seems they've all had a chuckle about this. It reminds me of when Harry was outed for being in Afghan and had to come home because his presence put his fellow servicemen and women in greater danger. His colleagues on the frontline responded by wearing ginger wigs and t-shirts that said 'I'm Harry!'.

They all appreciate Harry and his service, and treat him like just another fellow squaddie. If they don't feel that Harry's brought shame on the Queen's uniform, then I'll agree with them.

Empress Merel said:
Come back to me when someone offers you a few millions to sell your story and/or pictures. It's a nice sum of money to have in your back account.

Sorry I actually have a soul and respect for other human beings, I don't see them as cash cows that I can use to make myself feel better. I respect famous people and their right to privavcy.

Sorry I actually have a soul and respect for other human beings, I don't see them as cash cows that I can use to make myself feel better. I respect famous people and their right to privavcy.
Even when you or a dear one was in desperate need for money? For whatever reason, health, school, housing.

Call me disrespectful, but I would definetly consider it if the circumstances call for it.
And Harry's nudity scandal is the least offensive thing he's ever done. No man will suffer from something like this. Only women.

And for those contributing to this thread please stick to the facts and keep the discussion civilised .

I am very glad that a moderator has said this. I can only assume this would include commentary calling other posters "prude" and "sanctimonious," among other things.

Harry's actions have gone down brilliantly with his fellow servicemen and women. Warning, this would be NSFW:

Fair play to them all, particularly the ones who are as we speak on the frontline in Afghan. It seems they've all had a chuckle about this. It reminds me of when Harry was outed for being in Afghan and had to come home because his presence put his fellow servicemen and women in greater danger. His colleagues on the frontline responded by wearing ginger wigs and t-shirts that said 'I'm Harry!'.

They all appreciate Harry and his service, and treat him like just another fellow squaddie. If they don't feel that Harry's brought shame on the Queen's uniform, then I'll agree with them.

This outpouring of support by military personnel for Harry is perhaps the most positive outcomes of Harry's Vegas Nekkid Butt Extravaganza.

Although Harry could not have dreamt that his night in Vegas would be a big morale booster for fellow soldiers, it sure looks like it was. :D

There's always something positive to be found in any situation if one really cares to look for one. ;)

This outpouring of support by military personnel for Harry is perhaps the most positive outcomes of Harry's Vegas Nekkid Butt Extravaganza.

Although Harry could not have dreamt that his night in Vegas would be a big morale booster for fellow soldiers, it sure looks like it was. :D

There's always something positive to be found in any situation if one really cares to look for one. ;)

Hey, if it brought those who are at the sharp end in the hellhole that is Afghanistan even a few minutes of brevity then it might nearly have been worth it! Some of those pictures are hilarious.

You can understand why Harry loves being in the Army when you see things like that. On the documentary currently on TV here about Walking with the Wounded, you can see how much Harry's support means to these guys, and how sincere he is in his attempts to help them succeed in everything they do.

I don't think a grainy picture of his pale rear end negates any of that in any way whatsoever.

Other than taking picture, which of course Henry had no idea would be published, why should security people take the phones of the people in the hotel room?
Drugs and weapons obviously,and I'm sure they would have been searched.

I agree - Harry knew the photos were being taken and didn't ask them to stop - he simply didn't expect them to be published.

I have no doubts that had someone brought out a knife or gun then the PPOs would have acted - at the cost of their own lives if necessary.

The issue has never, for me, been what he did in the room but rather that given his position he behaved in such an appalling way in allowing people he barely knew into that position. For all we know he could do this sort of thing regularly with his very close friends in the UK and we never hear about it because those friends know that his friendship is something they value but for these women they know they will probably never see him again so why not make some money from the encounter? (That is their thinking I suspect not mine and not one I support mind you).

Hey, if it brought those who are at the sharp end in the hellhole that is Afghanistan even a few minutes of brevity then it might nearly have been worth it! Some of those pictures are hilarious.

Oh I totally agree with you here!

OK.. Honest hand count here. How many of you actually went to the Facebook site and glanced at some of the pictures? I did and some of them really are hilarious. :whistling:

Oh I totally agree with you here!

OK.. Honest hand count here. How many of you actually went to the Facebook site and glanced at some of the pictures? I did and some of them really are hilarious. :whistling:

<hand up>
plenty of stuffed animals lending support :)

lot's of 'army-wives' (don't know the correct english word) as well..

<hand up>
plenty of stuffed animals lending support :)

lot's of 'army-wives' (don't know the correct english word) as well..

Love the stuffed animals too! Yes, army wives is the correct term we use here in the States. We even have a television show called Army Wives.

It's just gotten fascinating. Either a better offer came down the pike to keep quiet - or there is some serious lawyer stuff going on (maybe charges pending?) - in which lowly ant has no hope of surviving.

Thing is, it will out one day. These things always do - especially if there were 25 people in that suite - what was the man thinking?

If this level of punch has come down we can be assured that whatever it is, Prince Harry is being protected from having to face the consequences. My opinion about Harry has just been revised. He cannot be taken seriously ever again.

Ah the wonders of Social Networking! I can only shake my head with wonder at how Harry's fellow military men and women have "said their piece" so to speak. I think that site replies to all the non-military types who have expounded at length on how Harry's LV adventures would cause a break-down in the chain of command. More specifically that it would have a deleterious effect on Service morale and that soldiers would no longer respect him as an officer!

It seems he's done more for morale than most organised morale boosters. The men and women of HM Military have resoundingly replied to those who would have him booted out of the military for this incident. It would be difficult to punish Harry for being snapped naked partying when hundreds of others have deliberately done the same whilst stone cold sober and in most inhospitable places, in-theatre and out, just to show the world where they stand. Right behind their fellow "squaddie", Harry.

Ah Harry! A one-man, rabble-rousing morale-boosting, poster boy! Game, set and match to the men and women of Her Majesty's military forces.

Maybe that is why Harry did this, you know for the morale of his fellow offices. Harry took one for the 'boys' in all his glory. lmao. It should be put into every Army that at some point one must do 'one for they boys' or girls for that matter.

what was the man thinking?

Harry wasn't thinking, at least not with his head. My bad

Last edited:
I just wonder if we understand each other at all.

If the world understood each other it wouldn't be in the mess that it is.

Back to Mr Harry, and the board. I'm not sure where people (meaning this board) are reaching this conclusion that it's Americans who are so upset with Harry's shinanegans. Where exactly is that coming from?

It's just gotten fascinating. Either a better offer came down the pike to keep quiet - or there is some serious lawyer stuff going on (maybe charges pending?) - in which lowly ant has no hope of surviving.

Thing is, it will out one day. These things always do - especially if there were 25 people in that suite - what was the man thinking?

If this level of punch has come down we can be assured that whatever it is, Prince Harry is being protected from having to face the consequences. My opinion about Harry has just been revised. He cannot be taken seriously ever again.

Tabloids in America don't debut new issues and hot stories until Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning. If he can get through this week then it's possible nothing else concrete existed or it was just eyewitness accounts, which mean little.

Just wanted to note that the person who sold the photos did not receive "millions" of dollars. It was mentioned last week in many news outlets that they had recieved only about 10 thousand dollars. Pretty sure that was stupid of them. :)

Just wanted to note that the person who sold the photos did not receive "millions" of dollars. It was mentioned last week in many news outlets that they had recieved only about 10 thousand dollars. Pretty sure that was stupid of them. :)

Yeah it doesn't look like anyone involved in Harry's little romp had too much brain power.

I'm sorry, but Harry was in his private hotel room!! He was in a suite to which he controlled access; it was not a public place. If I invite someone I meet into my house, does it suddenly become a public place? No it bloody well doesn't.

Why on earth should Harry be dishonourably discharged? He invited a couple of, it now appears, totally unscrupulous money-grabbing women to his room for a private party. He clearly didn't know just how disgusting these women were when he invited them up and I'll bet he regrets it now. While there he did nothing illegal or immoral. People have been getting drunk and then getting naked in one another's company since the dawn of time.

If an off duty soldier, most likely on leave ahead of a tour of duty in a deadly warzone, decides to have a few drinks and a bit of fun in his hotel room with a woman he's just met, how on earth is that anyone's business but his?

I can not speak with any authority on whether or not Prince Harry should be discharged. I would be greatly surprised if that happened.

However, I will make a few comments. First, if one invites a group of strangers into their home, cavorts with said strangers, allows themselves to be photographed and then allows his guests to leave, then what happened is no longer "private." Said person invited the general public into his home and allowed them to photograph the occasion. Now, the pictures belong to those he invited.

As to your last comment, "How on earth is it anyone's business but his?" Well....That would be because he allowed the group (more than a couple) of, as you call them, "totally unscrupulous money-grabbing women" to take pictures of the evening and one of them decided to make them public.

I also find it very interesting that Prince Harry is just a poor, victimized, good natured, soldier boy out to blow off steam by getting drunk and naked with women he knows nothing about, but the women are "unscrupulous", "disgusting," and "money grubbing." It seems to me that the lack of scruples and disgusting behavior goes both ways. He treated them like objects and they treated him the same. Were they supposed to be so honored that he used them for the evening that they would just revere their pictures forever??? Prince Harry is reaping what he has sown.

I guess those women figured if they were allowed to take the pictures on their phones and leave with them, they could do what they wanted with the pictures. They belonged to them after all.

Last edited:
I go away for a week of camping and come back to 40 pages of Harry's Vegas vacation. This, helpfully, summarizes the timeline, including the Lochte pool races and the Jennifer Lopez non-connect:
What happens in Vegas... Timeline of Prince Harry's five-day 'lost weekend' in Sin City | Mail Online
It appears the infamous pix were shot early in the jaunt, presumably the photo taker was not present at subsequent 'events.'
It gives me a headache just reading about the various drinks consumed at the various pools/bars.
I am curious to know the ID of the blond in the white lace dress who hugged him goodbye in the LA pix.

However, I will make a few comments. First, if I invite a group of strangers into my home and allow them to photograph me and leave, then what happened is no longer "private." I invited the general public into my home and allowed them to photograph the occasion. Now, the pictures belong to them.

That would be a difference in law between the UK (see Max Mosley vs News Corp) and the US, although since Colin Ferrel was able to get a US court order to prevent one of his sex partners from selling a sex tape they made I am not entirely sure US privacy laws are so very different.

I also find it very interesting that Prince Harry is just a poor, victimized, good natured, soldier boy out to blow off steam by getting drunk and naked with women he knows nothing about, but the women are "unscrupulous", "disgusting," and "money grubbing." It seems to me that the lack of scruples and disgusting behavior goes both ways. He treated them like objects and they treated him the same. Were they supposed to be so honored that he used them for the evening that they would just revere their pictures forever??? Prince Harry is reaping what he has sown.

:previous::whistling:

If Harry is seen as an Officer and a Gentleman :ermm: than they are ladies. :ermm:

;)

This only thing that has changed in the way I see Harry is his blatant lack of judgment. It was always a problem before, but now it is been magnified by this episode. I still see him as a good natured person because of how he comes across in interviews and when I watch videos of him interacting with others on official engagements. The fact that he partied naked does not make me see him as "disgusting" or even misogynist if that is what you are implying. Partying nude may not be for me, but I don't judge those who do it. I really don't see how getting naked at a party equals being a bad person.

I don't know the girls who partied with him. No one on this forum does. But because one sold the photos to the media, and another or two more are trying to sell their story to the media, tells me they are opportunists who took advantage of Harry's severe lack of judgment - his only "crime" if you will, in this situation. Those girls could've partied with the Prince and left it alone as something to reflect on when they get older. After all, who can say they partied with a world famous Prince?

But unfortunately, those girls intended to violate Harry's trust - a poor choice of his, of course - and now he's been hurt and embarrassed in front of the whole world. I believe Harry intended for some harmless fun in Vegas, and those girls destroyed it by being opportunists.

Opportunist as they saw an opportunity and snapped away. They are harmless opportunist lol. It’s the way of the world.

Opportunist as they saw an opportunity and snapped away. They are harmless opportunist lol. It’s the way of the world.

I would agree if they hadn't sold the photos to TMZ and the rest of the media. They should've kept the photos for good memories to look back on when they're older. As the saying goes, we should all have a juicy past to look back on :)

They should've kept the photos for good memories

Maybe the memories weren't all that good. I do agree TMZ is slime personified.

Erm . . . how are they harmless and the paparazzi not? The media is only is bad as it's sources and, in this case, the person who sold the photo's has no integrity and is, quite frankly, a bottom dweller.

If, as you are saying, opportunists are harmless, then I gather you believe in the absolute, unfettered and beyond the law media who may print and be damned and no one has any right to complain because they merely exploited an opportunity?

Wow! Never mind about Harry or any other royalty or celebrity, watch out politicians and government officials as that which you think secret and classified is merely an opportunity waiting to be exploited. :D

and the paparazzi not

I said TMZ are slime. TMZ are bottom dwellers, they are the junk under the bottom of the barrel, they are beneath the paparazzi lol. They are... well you get my drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom