Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest problem I see for Harry is that whenever in the future he tries to do something serious or bring attention to a serious issue, the press will resurrect these photos, as these photos are now OUT THERE and will remain out there for ever.

It makes complaints about Kate's 'unroyal' behavior and 'common' inability to understand aristocratic ways a bit ludicrous. I think a ballon just got popped.

The biggest problem I see for Harry is that whenever in the future he tries to do something serious or bring attention to a serious issue, the press will resurrect these photos, as these photos are now OUT THERE and will remain out there for ever.

I think these photos will be a footnote, true...but I can't see them obliterating anything serious he chooses to do for the remainder of his life.

I just don't see it happening.

I think these photos will be a footnote, true...but I can't see them obliterating anything serious he chooses to do for the remainder of his life.

I just don't see it happening.

What it does mean is that if Harry wishes to continue being a helicopter pilot in the Army he is going to have to watch how he projects himself to others. He does binge drink (alcohol abuse) and now he certainly can't afford to do that (if there is a chance of someone taking a photo) or make that nekkid :ermm: mistake again (for as long as he is in the Army).

Just my opinion. Remember he lost his mother at a vulnerable time in his life. He really hasn't had a firm feminine hand to guide him. Camilla has already raised her kids, Charles has backed off, so what do you expect? I think Diana would have said: "Stop being an idiot."
Sadly he hasn't had that guidance. William seemed to learn from an early age that he was going to be a big cheese one day.
:sad:

What it does mean is that if Harry wishes to continue being a helicopter pilot in the Army he is going to have to watch how he projects himself to others. He does binge drink (alcohol abuse) and now he certainly can't afford to do that (if there is a chance of someone taking a photo) or make that nekkid :ermm: mistake again (for as long as he is in the Army).

I know what you mean and I agree. He has a milestone birthday coming up in about two years, now is the time for sober reflection.(no pun intended)

The trick is for him to mature and use better judgement, but not to lose any of the charm and exuberant warmth that makes him so popular with people, imo.

I know what you mean and I agree. He has a milestone birthday coming up in about two years, now is the time for sober reflection.(no pun intended)

The trick is for him to mature and use better judgement, but not to lose any of the charm and exuberant warmth that makes him so popular with people, imo.

:flowers:

:previous:
The Code of Social Conduct should be read in conjunction with the Ministry of Defence's Unified Diversity Strategy:

GUIDING PRINCIPLES IN CREATING AN ENVIRONMENT THAT PROMOTES DIGNITY, RESPECT AND THE ELIMINATION OF BULLYING AND HARASSMENT
The Ministry of Defence will create an environment that promotes dignity, respect and fairness for all and is free from harassment and bullying, where being a member of the Armed Forces or Ministry of Defence Civil Service brings with it the right to be treated fairly and with dignity and respect, because:
All leaders champion dignity, respect, fairness and the prevention of harassment.
All personnel are alert and sensitive to the risk of offending. All personnel understand the need and are able to ‘find the line’.
All personnel challenge harassment and inappropriate behaviour early to ‘nip it in the bud’.
Every Serviceman and woman acts in accordance with Core Values and Standards.
All complaints are dealt with swiftly and effectively. All personnel are aware of the impact of harassment and react quickly
and positively when challenged. Careers are impeded where shortfalls in behaviour occur. All interactions should build a positive team ethos.

I think it has everything to do with what one brings to the table as a propensity - in how one interprets opinions one is not comfortable with - than any objective 'tone'. Tone is a very subjective judgement. I have certainly experienced as an observer and as a recipient objective content getting ott and very personal responses. Interpreting the tone of a text starts a slippery slope imo.

Could not have said it better myself. Warren I'll respond to you later, I just came home from a party, and my brain is mush right now.

Have Prince Harry's naked high-jinks in Sin City cost him his latest girlfriend? | Mail Online

Nobody so far has reacted to my thoughts that Harry wanted to put the media off articles that he should get married soon.

But now I read this artilce and see several things that make me curious:

- normally the friends of the Royals don't talk. Here we had Alex van Straubenzee talk to the BBC, we had other friends of Harry talking openly, now we hear of Cressida's side of the story. A lot of talking going on when it would be better to say nothing and let time do their healing work.

- the article said Harry and Cressida became some sort of item on Necker and that she thought she had a future with him. If so, then Harry's behaviour was really humiliating to her. That's something I don't believe Harry would do if he had no real good reason-

- reason could either be that she hunted him down and he was afraid to get cought in the same trap as his father by his mother: media pushing for marriage to a girl only too willing to accept that help.

- Or they decided it was a good strategy to buy time for them. Remember William's pics where he played with the boobs of some barmaids? It was written that was the reason why Catherine threw him out - only to get back together after some short months, but without the media pushing for a marriage. Maybe Harry tried the same play but overplayed it.

Any thoughts about this?

I think it is unlikely that Harry would do it intentionally. Well, if it's really the case, I would definitely cast serious doubts on his decision-making and judgement skills.:sad: And frankly, he was not really pressurised to marry before the incident. I thought the press was hoping more for a Cambridge baby.

Anyway, one Mirror article has the reason straight from the royal's mouth:

“He shouted loudly ‘I am going away so this my last chance to party. So that is what I am doing’.

Prince Harry dumped by Cressida Bonas over naked hotel antics - Mirror Online

Last edited by a moderator:
“He shouted loudly ‘I am going away so this my last chance to party. So that is what I am doing’.[/url]

This is what I thought would be the reason for his big party. I think he will leave for Afghanistan pretty soon.

He did this sort of thing when he was going with Chelsy - being seen in compromising positions with other girls.

This is simply Harry - no respect for women and very little for anyone else either.

This isn't a one off but just the worst event in an ongoing life of binge drinking and then pretending to care about real people but the real Harry is this one - the one who is a user.

Being a little bit older and maybe a tick wiser I would say - ok, such things happen. Nobody got really hurt. Maybe not the wisest decision in his life to go for such fun - but hey, we are all making mistakes. Don't think that he should be judged on this episode.
Finally, he is punished enough by all the discussion ongoing.

The evidence thus far is that he has a serious issue with drinking - its been going on for years - so much so that his father sent him to rehab (we are told). He's snorted vodka. (Dear gawd). He binges and drinks to oblivion - these are all 'signs' - and if a whole nation thinks this is just normal - well, I can still say in the face of it, it ain't. At the rate he's going he's going to lose his looks, his health and a lot more that he currently values.

From what I understand of these things one only has to be 'clean' a certain number of hours before the tests. From everything I am hearing elsewhere drinking and fighter pilots go together hand-in-hand.

Fact is, Harry has brought shame on the military (if not the BRF). Any other common ordinary bloke would be demoted and/or kicked out. Harry, not being ordinary, will likely just get a wrist slap and actually get deployed to Afghanistan. (I have my own views on using a seriously hellish war zone as a photo-op for a royal's rehabilitation - Afghanistan is seriously not safe - for anyone - and personally, I think it's 'not cool' sending him as its disrespectful to those who are there. Afghanistan is not a lark).

BTW I stand on record as deploring the breach of his privacy. I used the word 'despicable' to describe it before the newspapers did. (Not taking any credit there, just saying). However, as I've thought about it I've begun to wonder. I have begun to suspect that something was going on that made breaching the privacy an 'easier' decision than if all was 'normal'. As it happens, we're going to find out. These women have a story to tell - and dollars to donuts its not flattering.

You know it's also possible that Harry does not have one shred of memory about anything that went on. (That would be a good excuse for him to use, in fact).

You mean one of your many 'friends' who have, from what you've stated previously, some sort of insider knowledge of Harry and this particular incident haven't told you what's really going on? That does surprise me.

If the British Armed Forces demoted or sacked every soldier who got drunk while on leave they'd have no-one left to defend the realm. The idea that Harry would be sent to Afghanistan to somehow try and rehabilitate his image is preposterous. Harry has been to Afghan before, has been training for years to be able to go back, and the MoD confirmed many months ago that it was very likely he would be deployed again. The idea of Harry going to Afghan is not something that's been thought up over the last few days; it's been years in the making.

The laughable outrage of some Americans in this thread is so ironic. Drinking games, such as beer pong, body shots, strip poker, I Never, *******, king cups et al are all American inventions!

If it was a one off I would agree that he could be cut some slack but there is an ongoing pattern and he is no longer a teenager but a grown man with grown up responsiblities. I wonder about his decision making and certainly would hope that he isn't anywhere near my loved ones in Afghanistan as I would have no confidence in his ability to make the right decisions under the stress of conflict (my nephew is due for his third deployment next month and has said exactly that - that he hopes that he won't be anywhere near Harry while there.)

You mean one of your many 'friends' who have, from what you've stated previously, some sort of insider knowledge of Harry and this particular incident haven't told you what's really going on? That does surprise me.

If the British Armed Forces demoted or sacked every soldier who got drunk while on leave they'd have no-one left to defend the realm. The idea that Harry would be sent to Afghanistan to somehow try and rehabilitate his image is preposterous. Harry has been to Afghan before, has been training for years to be able to go back, and the MoD confirmed many months ago that it was very likely he would be deployed again. The idea of Harry going to Afghan is not something that's been thought up over the last few days; it's been years in the making.

The laughable outrage of some Americans in this thread is so ironic. Drinking games, such as beer pong, body shots, strip poker, I Never, *******, king cups et al are all American inventions!

Tyger is referring to a Mirror article which notes the young woman involved is about to come forward on American TV. She has noted that the story is a little different than put forth by Harry and friends and wants to go on record. No secret friends. This article has been posted and referenced further up the thread.

As for this being "American outrage," why is it that British media is reporting sources indicating Charles' fury. Why is it that the British Armed Forces are about to conduct an "interview without coffee" if this were as common in the BAF as mac-and-cheese, and nothing more than a young fellow "letting off some steam?" Is it because of all of the American outrage? I've read several British media sources online, editorials and commentary by people who clearly write like Brits, and are clearly outraged. The outrage is NOT all on this side of the pond. I read the commentary in the Huffington Post, in the American Section. The commentary of American posters seems to match, percentage wise, the tenor of the comments on British sites. In fact, why is British media reporting about this AT ALL if this is not such a big deal in Britain? I hardly think the British media take their cues from American interest, rather than British, especially when reading sources such as Telegraph and the Guardian.

And once again, it is not the fact that Harry engaged in a few drinking games. It is far more than that, you and I think you and other are quite aware of this.

If Harry wanted to thwart the media's "'push" for marriage, I think the set up would have been a lot different - he'd be seen dancing and kissing a few women here and there, etc.

There was a push for Charles to marry, but Harry is not Charles. He's the second born. The first born is safely married, settled, and maintains a low profile in the eyes of the world. I would agree that the real push is for a Cambridge baby. I think that push will increase in the media now, unfortunately (and perhaps within the BRF itself). I also think that the real pressure Charles felt about marriage came from the family - his parents and grandmother, rather than the media.

If the friends are all talking when normally they don't, it is due to all of the media frenzy surrounding the incident. Normally, photos of their evenings and escapades do not make the paper. Methinks Harry should have stayed in Necker, surrounded by these trusted friends.

At worst, all of these friends who are talking is an effort to engage in some damage control. Time will tell, especially if more photos are to come out, and one or more of the handful of young women who attended the party decide to talk.

As for Cressida talking, I assign no ulterior motives to her. By the accounts I am reading, she and Harry were an item on Necker and now she is embarrassed and most likely hurt and disillusioned. I don't blame her for wanting to go on record.

- the article said Harry and Cressida became some sort of item on Necker and that she thought she had a future with him.

lol, some sort of item? she thought she had a future? How did she reach that conclusion?Anyway,I tend to give all these 'news' stories a side eye.

Regarding the 'outrage' at the act itself. I really don't see how one reaction is somehow better than the other. People are entitled to feel 'outrage' at Harry's behaviour, just as people are entitled to see nothing wrong with his behavior,or to sit in the middle.

I think, however that the majority of the thread is not really concerned with Harry's romp lol, but his incredibly poor judgement in allowing this to happen.

If it was a one off I would agree that he could be cut some slack but there is an ongoing pattern and he is no longer a teenager but a grown man with grown up responsiblities. I wonder about his decision making and certainly would hope that he isn't anywhere near my loved ones in Afghanistan as I would have no confidence in his ability to make the right decisions under the stress of conflict (my nephew is due for his third deployment next month and has said exactly that - that he hopes that he won't be anywhere near Harry while there.)

Oh Iluvbertie, if it any consolation to you, I really don't think Harry would take his utter lack of judgement in his private life and transfer it onto his army life. I think when you are in a war zone, you are concerned for your fellow man, and act accordingly.

Let's face it, this is probably not the first time Harry has done something like this away from the Army, and he has shown himself to be an exemplary officer.

OMG aren't you guys getting tired discussing Harry's night of fun. Obviously he had fun.

Obviously you are unaware of how much righteous indignation one can work up over a picture of 2 adults naked and having fun. I am sure emergency meetings of the Descency League were called into session all across America to protect the youth of the nation. My God, what could be next? Dancing?:whistling:

On the upside I am told that practically every hooker and hustler in America are on their way to Tampa for the Republican Convention so another scandal can only be a few days away.
:ohmy:

Have Prince Harry's naked high-jinks in Sin City cost him his latest girlfriend? | Mail Online

- Or they decided it was a good strategy to buy time for them. Remember William's pics where he played with the boobs of some barmaids? It was written that was the reason why Catherine threw him out - only to get back together after some short months, but without the media pushing for a marriage. Maybe Harry tried the same play but overplayed it.

Any thoughts about this?

Kate didn't throw him out. He was spending time boozing with the Blues & Royals instead of her. This was during the Jigsaw days where she was getting followed by a horde of photographers everytime she went to work. She pressed him to commit, he got scared and broke it off. Kate went on the town with Pippa. William went what have I done and got her back.

There isn't any pressure on Harry to marry. There was that one stupid Daily Mail column. Once William and Kate start having kids, Harry gets further and further away from the throne.

The problem isn't now but 20 years from now, he needs to find his role or will he follow down the paths of Margaret and Andrew.

To all those who think Harry "disgraced" his uniform - apparantely those whose opinion really matters (the soldiers) don't think so.
There is a new group on Facebook where soldiers (and not only) strip down in support of Prince Harry. :D
https://www.facebook.com/groups/336283586466687/

To all those who think Harry "disgraced" his uniform - apparantely those whose opinion really matters (the soldiers) don't think so.
There is a new group on Facebook where soldiers (and not only) strip down in support of Prince Harry. :D

Oh no, I foresee charities will be very happy in the coming weeks seeing that many will be donating their 2 weeks worth of army salary to them soon:lol:

Well said!

He did this sort of thing when he was going with Chelsy - being seen in compromising positions with other girls.

This is simply Harry - no respect for women and very little for anyone else either.

This isn't a one off but just the worst event in an ongoing life of binge drinking and then pretending to care about real people but the real Harry is this one - the one who is a user.

I completely agree. I have been pretty surprised by the number of people who consider this latest incident of Prince Harry's to be "no big deal", "just having fun", just the activities of a "normal young person." I see this latest incident as a clear insight into Prince Harry's character. It is sad and disappointing. He is selfish, pampered, and privileged. It is also insight into the family that has overseen his upbringing. This is not "normal" behavior. It is reprehensible. It is seriously foolish. If the majority of the world thinks that going on vacation, getting out of your mind drunk, inviting total strangers to your room and having a naked party with those total strangers is perfectly normal behavior then I despair for the world.

I do not blame the photographer for Prince Harry's bad choices. I believe Prince Harry knew photos were being taken. I believe that he was drinking to extreme excess and is reaping the consequences of his unwise, boorish, selfish, disgusting, immoral, adolescent, self - destructive behavior. When you invite a group of strangers to your room you are no longer in private. You have invited in the public.

Prince Harry is a grown man and he continually proves he does not have the ability to exercise self control and sound judgement. He appears to be a womanizer (uses women as objects) - both a lech and a lush. What a horrible example to others.

I really am saddened that this grown man has so much potential and is in the privileged position to do so much good and this is his choice of behavior. I hope for his sake there is someone somewhere who can help Prince Harry find some peace, a moral compass, acquire some wisdom, learn to practice self-control, and change his selfish ways. I pity any woman who would choose to marry him if he does not have a massive transformation in character. And I pity the vacuous, meaningless life he will lead.

In reality it doesn't matter what those fellows think (or us for that matter). The person whose opinion does matter is Ministry of Defence's Gen Sir David Richards, the Chief of the Defence Staff, whose actions are guided by:

All personnel are alert and sensitive to the risk of offending. All personnel understand the need and are able to ‘find the line’. All personnel challenge harassment and inappropriate behaviour early to ‘nip it in the bud’. & Careers are impeded where shortfalls in behaviour occur. **All interactions should build a positive team ethos.**
As well as General Wall's
"Gen Wall is known as a tough disciplinarian.
While there are those within the Army who believe that behaviour off-duty is private, Gen Wall *is not* among them."

Harry might be in a lot more trouble if that facebook site continues (see first hightlighted quote above). If Harry's wise (and truly a leader) he will tell them to *cease and desist* and delete that site.

Last edited:
I would agree that the real push is for a Cambridge baby. I think that push will increase in the media now, unfortunately (and perhaps within the BRF itself).

Ha! I was thinking that, too. I bet there were some not-so-subtle hints coming William and Kate's way after this latest incident.

I completely agree. I have been pretty surprised by the number of people who consider this latest incident of Prince Harry's to be "no big deal", "just having fun", just the activities of a "normal young person." I see this latest incident as a clear insight into Prince Harry's character. It is sad and disappointing. He is selfish, pampered, and privileged. It is also insight into the family that has overseen his upbringing. This is not "normal" behavior. It is reprehensible. It is seriously foolish. If the majority of the world thinks that going on vacation, getting out of your mind drunk, inviting total strangers to your room and having a naked party with those total strangers is perfectly normal behavior then I despair for the world.

I do not blame the photographer for Prince Harry's bad choices. I believe Prince Harry knew photos were being taken. I believe that he was drinking to extreme excess and is reaping the consequences of his unwise, boorish, selfish, disgusting, immoral, adolescent, self - destructive behavior. When you invite a group of strangers to your room you are no longer in private. You have invited in the public.

Prince Harry is a grown man and he continually proves he does not have the ability to exercise self control and sound judgement. He appears to be a womanizer (uses women as objects) - both a lech and a lush. What a horrible example to others.

I really am saddened that this grown man has so much potential and is in the privileged position to do so much good and this is his choice of behavior. I hope for his sake there is someone somewhere who can help Prince Harry find some peace, a moral compass, acquire some wisdom, learn to practice self-control, and change his selfish ways. I pity any woman who would choose to marry him if he does not have a massive transformation in character. And I pity the vacuous, meaningless life he will lead.

Excellent post. Well said. Thank you for your courage to say it.

As for the idea of Harry being a royal hero -

He is not a royal hero and he has nothing to offer anyone except disaster. He should not be treated like someone from the lower 6th. He is big enough and stupid enough to know what to do and when to do it. He will never be put into a life threatening situation and he knows it. His presence in the army must not be good for morale. Especially when you know he's a loose cannon and gets away with it. All talk of buying off the regiment with a donation to a charity is childish for he'll do it again. Will no-one wake up to this till he either kills someone or himself? If he has any honour at all he should resign.

Fact is Harry is a serious security risk for any soldier unlucky enough to draw the straw that puts him shoulder-to-shoulder with Harry in a war zone.

Last edited:
But thats what Im saying Daria. Thats it? Lie low and keep out of site? Thats pretty lame if you ask me. As for the body guard thing, I think they should also be in trouble even though they say they did nothing wrong. As for his so called friends, well thats another story. So apparently Harry has suffered enough because of embarassment?

Yes, "Lie low and stay out of site." is pretty lame if that is all that is said and done. It shows only a protection of self interest and a manipulation of the public.
As for the body guards, I think Prince Harry knew full well those pictures were being taken and that's why the bodyguards did nothing.

Last edited:

I am not one of the Americans who is outraged...I think it's all ridiculously overblown... but you don't seriously believe it's only us do you??

Have you checked out the responses from some of the readers of The Telegraph, The Daily Mail and the Guardian?? A few calling "bring on the Republic!" because they know what the 3rd in line's butt looks like??

Or how about Dickie Arbiter's hand wringing and opining that Harry should "never be left alone"...as if this 28 years old man was a cocker spaniel that hasn't been housebroken?

Maybe your disbelief should be directed closer to your own shores!

Fact is Harry is a serious security risk for any soldier unlucky enough to draw the straw that puts him shoulder-to-shoulder with Harry in a war zone.

Fact???!?!??

how do you know how Prince Harry behaves when he's in service? Or for that matter, do you know how other soldiers behave when they are not on duty?
He'll surely have to answer his superiors about this, but if he had been a liabilty to the armed forces, he would have been out of them a long time ago..

the things that are being dragged into this thread are just horrible.....

:previous:
Well said! In addition, every single soldier who served with Harry only had words of praise to say - including those who gave interviews unanimously (which, presumably, gave them the opportunity to say whatever they wanted).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom