Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you cant tell me that after barely meeting these girls they would be sworn to secrecy. He, Harry, made a horrible mistake in even allowing these girls to go with them to his suite. His friends were also to blame for inviting these girls in the first place. I mean really, do you think they took the girls aside and made them promise not to reveal anything? " now young ladies, you must swear in blood that you will not reveal any of this to anyone including the press and you swear you will not take photos of anything indecent that might happen." And then they all just believed in these girls? My goodness, how gullable indeed.

I just hope that none of these 'ladies' will get pregnant and try to spin it off as if Harry could be the father. I have a feeling that these are the types of girls that were in the room that night. Not good, indeed.

If that's true then what does that say about Harry and his friends?

I just hope that none of these 'ladies' will get pregnant and try to spin it off as if Harry could be the father. I have a feeling that these are the types of girls that were in the room that night. Not good, indeed.

Dam, perish the thought. I can't believe that scenario never entered my head. Wow! Oh let me wrap my mind around this....thinking. Ok Harry was foolish and brainless, but that brainless? Nope, I'm gonna give ole Harry 10 points for not being that brainless lol.

(edited to say I wouldn't have bothered typing the below since the posts above weren't there when I brought up the reply screen)

Oh how the tables have turned. Years ago fellows that had a party like that took pictures of the ladies for their amusement (and to share/show off to their buddies afterwards). One item that people continually fail to mention is that these ladies weren't *close* friends of Harry......they were all strangers to each other.

At parties like what Harry held picture taking can occur.....even if one isn't Royal. Alcohol can loosen many inhibitions that one deeply regrets later (and the pics captured of Harry's face when the reporter was speaking to him certainly shows that) . Years ago I remember one fellow showing pics, taken by his roommates, like what was taken of Harry (only he was pointing out the risks of those types of parties).

Harry, at 27 and a Royal, knows better.......a 19/20 year old can be excused but a 27 year old (and in his position). I really don't feel sorry for Harry.

Last edited:
Well, if a pregnancy did occur, it wouldn't be difficult to prove, either way.

I'm getting ready for my weekend, but I'm going to Atlantic City.

I'm getting ready for my weekend, but I'm going to Atlantic City.

Please don't let us see your name front paged on a tabloid lmao.

In a nutshell

If that's true then what does that say about Harry and his friends?

This is what this incident says about Harry and his friends: they are willing to put themselves in highly-charged sexual situations with total strangers.

Even if nothing untoward happens (drinking related 911 call, false or accurate accusals of rape, STDs- people who have sex with strangers are having sex with people who have sex with other strangers, pregnancy, fighting over partners, injuries, noise complaints to management, pictures on the internet, blackmail, extortion), the fact remains that what is going on is an orgy or an orgy-resembling situation.

Now if my son gets caught up in a situation like that, well, almost no one will know about it, and almost no one will care. However, he would still be a person who is vulnerable to all the other things I listed.

What kind of a person- a person who is closely related to a majestic and historic enterprise, and to a majestic and elderly woman who is having a landmark career year and who is greatly concerned with her spouse's health- what kind of person- at the age of 28ish- is unable to think about anything but his libido and seeking thrills?

Sadly, Harry is that kind of person. No sense of noblesse oblige (whoever claims to be noble must conduct himself nobly.). No thoughts about what would Granny think. No pride in his elevated position- he closed the Olympics-he's adored by his countrymen- he's admired by his brother and his father. No thought about whether his actions reflect well on the Army. No thought about how a future wife would view such a wild evening...

I am no prude. I was a soldier in the cultural revolution! A few times I found myself in dicey circumstances, and that part of my mind which was still working said, get youself outta here! The thought that my father could learn about what I was doing- or that a child of mine would- gave me the strength not to give in to such sordid behavior.

Harry is not a bad guy. But incidents like this make him seem a little creepy. And he is very close to the throne, at least until he has nephews and/or nieces.

Henry- clean up your act while you can.

Last edited:
All what I want to know now, is the thought of the people who made a fuss about the "hijab" of muslims athletes in the Olympic, is the prince have the right to dress or undress as he wish during the activity
"the unique sport" he had indulge in ?

LOL!!! If you've never been to Atlantic City, when you go, be sure you have your geezer filter with you!!!!

Me thinks the chosen one isn't the one who made the photo's as she's in them. Perhaps this was a jealous friend???

More like someone that wants a payout. From one of the eyewitness that was in the room, there was more than one person that took the photos. Supposedly there were about 25 people in the room and only 6 of them took off their clothes. The rest stood around and watched or took pictures. Supposedly the picture taking wasn't discreet, so it's possible that Harry and his friends may have known they were being photographed and were too drunk to care, or just thought the people weren't going to sell them out.

Another article about the trip.

What Prince Harry did BEFORE Vegas (and why pal took gas mask and costume to Branson's Necker Island?) | Mail Online

Last edited:
I think it's clear from the pics we did see he knew they were being taken. I have to ask though, has it been said somewhere that Harry was drinking? I know, I know it's a strong possibility, but has it been acknowledge somewhere?

I believe one of the eyewitnesses said that he was drinking beer or something. The pool game happened pretty late at night, so I imagine he'd probably had a few by then.

More like someone that wants a payout. From one of the eyewitness that was in the room, there was more than one person that took the photos. Supposedly there were about 25 people in the room and only 6 of them took off their clothes. The rest stood around and watched or took pictures. Supposedly the picture taking wasn't discreet, so it's possible that Harry and his friends may have known they were being photographed and were too drunk to care, or just thought the people weren't going to sell them out.

Another article about the trip.

What Prince Harry did BEFORE Vegas (and why pal took gas mask and costume to Branson's Necker Island?) | Mail Online

This doesn't surprise me. I'm around Harry's age and, since digital cameras and then cell phone cameras became commonplace, tons of pictures tend to get taken at parties. Some people seem to be surprised that a girl was taking pictures at all, but it doesn't surprise me, and even less so considering that a member of the royal family was present. For most people, the worst that happens is that the pics turn up on Facebook. Obviously for Harry, the audience for such pictures is obviously going to be bigger than that.

My view (which I know I've stated before, as have others) is that given that Harry is who he is, he should've taken extra precautions to maintain his privacy.

My main point, though, is that I'm not surprised a girl (or multiple girls) were taking pictures. That's pretty much the norm at such a party. Obviously, actually selling them is a completely different matter and people can draw their own moral conclusions on that one. (I don't really feel strongly about it, myself).

Last edited:
Robert Jobson seems to think there is more to come this weekend on this story. Convo between Jobson and Neil Wallis??

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor #Harrypix good to chat to @danlobb & @LadyFosp on @Daybreak early today. Interesting debate. Feel sure story will gain legs over weekend.

Neil Wallis ‏@neilwallis1
@theroyaleditor @danlobb @LadyFosp @Daybreak You just know that this weekend there will be offered up a #Harrypix kiss'n'tell, don't you....

Robert Jobson ‏@theroyaleditor
@neilwallis1 @danlobb @ladyfosp @daybreak Yes. feel sure it will be in The Sun hence confidence to (eventually) publish & be damned.

Hopefully this isn't the case, but I guess we will see.

Harry is well-aware he cannot trust anyone who is not part of his close circle of friends...something he learned very well from the time he was young from his mother's experience. This is where his poor lapse of judgment will become a problem in the eyes of The Queen and his father.

No doubt he will move beyond this incident, but hopefully he is ready to settle down and act more appropriately in the future.
Unfortunately Prince Henri does not have the luxury to have friends. Today's friends can easily turn into enemies tomorrow selling information to various MSM.

Al_bina said:
Unfortunately Prince Henri does not have the luxury to have friends. Today's friends can easily turn into enemies tomorrow selling information to various MSM.

Actually he has quite a few friends, I believe some he's known for years. However when it comes to making new friends, you have to be careful of who to trust. Henry made a mistake, as we all have I imagine when it comes to friends.

The Las Vegas tourism Convention has a new campaign ad out.

For Shame! To those who traded in their pledge to their Las Vegas brethren, WE DEPLORE YOU," the ad reads in part. "We are calling on you, the defenders of what happens in Vegas staying in its rightful place -- in Vegas. We are asking for a shun on those exploiters of Prince Harry. We shall boycott partying with (whoever exploited Harry). No bottle service. No bikini clad girls."

The ad urges readers to click on VisitLasVegas.com/knowthecode to sign a pledge to keep Vegas indiscretions in Vegas and to report offenders who share embarrassing Vegas pics on Facebook.
:lol:

Naked Harry photos inspire a humorous Las Vegas ad campaign - USATODAY.com

Know the Code | What Happens Here Stays Here

I agree, Isabella. We live in a digital world, so it's no surprise that there were so many folks taking pictures. And from those tweets that Royal Newbie just posted, it looks like there will be more pictures coming out.

Last edited:
So far the Press Complaints Commission has received over 800 complaints from the general public about the Sun printing those pictures.

:previous:
None from the Palace and/or Harry though, contrary to initial expectations.
I think they are right not filing an official complaint: the Sun would probably turn it into freedom of press debate.

So far the Press Complaints Commission has received over 800 complaints from the general public about the Sun printing those pictures.

Do you know if the complaints are because of invasion of privacy or because he's "naked"? Just curious.

:previous:
None from the Palace and/or Harry though, contrary to initial expectations.
I think they are right not filing an official complaint: the Sun would probably turn it into freedom of press debate.

Some of the stories published state that Harry knew he was being photographed and didn't seem to care. IF that is true, does that weaken the Palace's case as to them being an invasion of privacy? Does the fact that he invited total strangers up there also affect the case? I have no idea how this works in the USA let alone the UK. But it might explain why the Palace or Harry have not complained. Or they are still preparing their complaint and just haven't filed it with the appropriate people.

Last edited:
Some of the stories published state that Harry new he was being photographed and didn't seem to care. IF that is true, does that weaken the Palace's case as to them being an invasion of privacy? Does the fact that he invited total strangers up there also affect the case? I have no idea how this works in the USA let alone the UK. But it might explain why the Palace or Harry have not complained. Or they are still preparing their complaint and just haven't filed it with the appropriate people.

Interesting questions. I still think they should just move on, but that is just my opinion.

Some of the stories published state that Harry new he was being photographed and didn't seem to care. IF that is true, does that weaken the Palace's case as to them being an invasion of privacy? Does the fact that he invited total strangers up there also affect the case? I have no idea how this works in the USA let alone the UK. But it might explain why the Palace or Harry have not complained. Or they are still preparing their complaint and just haven't filed it with the appropriate people.
I shouldn't think so. While personally I may not mind when friends take pictures of me in funny/stupid situations (though thankfully, I have never been in one nearly as embarrassing as Harry's), I sure as hell would mind if they were shared with the whole world without my permission. That would be invasion of my privacy, whatever laws had to say on the subject.

The silence from the Palace is probably due to the fact most non-British media had turned the decision not to publish the pictures into "free press" debate - and the Sun would definitely follow the same route. The best thing they can do right now is doing nothing: contrary to initial fears, this incident didn't hurt Harry's reputation in the slightest, so they should just let things cool down a bit.

Last edited:
The best thing they can do right now is doing nothing: contrary to initial fears, this incident didn't hurt Harry's reputation in the slightest, so they should just let things cool down a bit.

Agreed. I'm sure this is not the first time Harry has done something like this, just the first time we have heard about it and seen proof. Harry is just going to keep on doing this stuff, so the Palace might as well just keep it moving.

Charles summons Harry for crisis talks: A heart-to-heart between father and son after naked photos in Vegas hotel
Prince Charles has summoned his youngest son for a heart-to-heart talk this weekend over his naked Las Vegas romp. Royal sources stressed that 27-year-old Prince Harry would not be getting a ‘dressing down’ but Charles was keen to discuss his concerns ‘father to son’. Although they have already spoken over the phone, Harry will be asked to explain in person how he ended up playing a sleazy game of ‘strip billiards’ with a group of strangers in a hotel suite – some of whom then sold photographs of it to a US celebrity website.

Just an additional information on Harry's whereabouts not mentioned in the article: he's currently staying with the Percys.

I shouldn't think so. While personally I may not mind when friends take pictures of me in funny/stupid situation (though thankfully, I have never been in nearly as embarrassing position as Harry), I sure as hell would mind if they were shared with the whole world without my permission. That would be invasion of my privacy, whatever laws had to say on the subject.

The silence from the Palace is probably due to the fact most non-British media had turned the decision not to publish the pictures into "free press" debate - and the Sun would definitely follow the same route. The best thing they can do right now is doing nothing: contrary to initial fears, this incident didn't hurt Harry's reputation in the slightest, so they should just let things cool down a bit.

I agree with you about the invasion of privacy. To me it clearly is an invasion, but sometimes the law makes absolutely no sense.

I can't decide if the Palace should remain quiet or go ahead and file a complaint. I confess I can't see all the ramifications for either action. They complained when photos were taken of Catherine through the window shopping but not of Harry in his own hotel room? Both of which I consider an invasion of privacy. Why remain silent now? Because the situation is more embarrassing? Color me confused.

But he knew they were being taken, and didn't seem to care. Would that still be considered an invation of privacy? We need lawyers lmao.

On another note, does Prince Charles realize Harry is 27 years old lol. I wonder how true that story is.

Who are the Percys. Man I'll be so embarassed to be with anyone else other than my family, with my butt all over the internet. I'll be in my room, doors locked, curtains drawn, under my covers lmao.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom