Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But the hard truth is....the general UK public accepts Harry's behaviour. His "just like any other lad" behaviour is gaining him many sympathies and support. Apparently, he is a "legend" now. It is very interesting IMO. It makes me wonder how exactly Harry and the royal family is being perceived by the public. If this happens on the other popular RF members (like William & Kate), how will the reaction be like? Most importantly, does the UK public actually like to see their royal family partying, showing off naked bodies? Maybe our friends from UK can enlighten us on this? :flowers:

Last edited:
:huh::unsure: So - was my question deleted, moved or I just can't find it? They're saying over at the DM that if you live in England you can't see the Harry pics anywhere - if you try to go to a site like TMZ instead of the pictures you get a message that they aren't available in your country. Does anyone live in England? I didn't know it was even technologically possible to do that.

:ROFLMAO: I kind of feel sorry for the poor guy the Sun used as their "naked Harry model". I'm picturing some red-haired intern, roughly Harry's height, second day on the job who was told "Ok, we need to to pretend to be Harry for a picture. Take off you clothes!"

It happens all the time when one tries to access BBC video clips. Even happens on YouTube. You have to know how to get around the block to see the sites where the pictures are located - not something a lot of people know how to do.

The 'naked Harry model' is dark-haired - looks nothing like Harry, the pose is just similar. I saw it on NBC News tonight - where the news anchor reported the story about 'the wealthy prince' 'with an impressive benefits package'. As someone said the whole thing is being reported as a joke - along with the block of the pictures in the UK. It seemed that the British newspaper is going to show only one of the pictures - is that the case? It's the 'second' picture that's really sleazy. Will be interesting to see if they print that one.

Duke, thank you and well said. I rest my case. Thank you Harry for a wonderful ending to what was a joyful and wonderful 2 years. We saw your brother marry, and we celebrated a wonderful diamond jubilee for your lovely grandmother after 60 years of unselfish service to her people. We had the joy of seeing you represent your grandmother during her jubilee and your appearance at the Olympics and now the icing on the cake-we all had the dubious honour of seeing your white bum. Brilliant and Cheers. :)

One of the girls he invited took the photo and sold them to TMZ. They were the ones to break the story.

Thank you. :flowers:

:huh::unsure: So - was my question deleted, moved or I just can't find it? They're saying over at the DM that if you live in England you can't see the Harry pics anywhere - if you try to go to a site like TMZ instead of the pictures you get a message that they aren't available in your country. Does anyone live in England? I didn't know it was even technologically possible to do that.

I live in England and i've been able to see them from day one, we're not banned from seeing them. This is not Soviet Russia.

I just hope his security people are not made scapegoats for Harry's idiocy. Their job is to protect the prince from physical harm, not from his own stupidity and recklessness.

His security won't be made scapegoats, because they were having just as good a time as Henry. There are some decent pictures of those guys as well.

Wow, the morality police and pop psychologists are really out in full force and for some odd reason they largely seem to be from outside the UK.

My thinking exactly, through this entire thread it's the same people over and over again calling out Harry's stupidity. We heard. Woo.

Oh I know, he will say, "Harry dear brother do NOT ever invite people to your room when you are in Vegas unless you have made sure ALL phones have been confiscated and everyone has had a pat down, purse check, etc. And for goodness sake keep your clothes on next time! " If that is what he will do then I dont know what to say. Again the family comforting poor Harry and telling him its o.k. Really? I was kind of hoping for more the brotherly " hey whats wrong with you? Have you lost your mind?".

Sorry but the only hard talk he's going to get, I imagine, is from his grandmother. William and Harry are close, he'll probably get a pat on the back and a good old natter about the fun he had. The same as any other brotherly relationship I've seen.

It makes me wonder how exactly Harry and the royal family is being perceived by the public. If this happens on the other popular RF members (like William & Kate), how will the reaction be like? Most importantly, does the UK public actually like to see their royal family partying, showing off naked bodies? Maybe posters from UK can enlighten us on this? :flowers:

My opinion is that everyone is a young adult once, Charles and Andrew have both had their misgivings. This family isn't clean by any means. There are a minority, the posters who comment on DM articles constantly, who want the RF gone because they are leechers or the taxpayers money. There are people who can balance out the views from both sides, and then there are the true royalists.

If other, younger, members of the royal family had pictures published of themselves naked there would be issues. If it was Beatrice or Eugenie I think we can imagine the comments, William and Catherine would be a different matter. They are the golden couple of public life, they might just be forgiven but I doubt it.

I guess if you ask young boys in school these days what profession they want to pursue later in life they will say "a prince like Harry" - sorry not possible, born into the wrong family - second option will be "harry's security officer". what a great life those guys must have!

I guess if you ask young boys in school these days what profession they want to pursue later in life they will say "a prince like Harry" - sorry not possible, born into the wrong family - second option will be "harry's security officer". what a great life those guys must have!

Totally disagree, most young boys in school, particularly the ones I went to school with have no idea who Prince Henry is. I'm 19 and at university, most of the boys I know have had their careers planned since the end of high school at 16.

Totally disagree, most young boys in school, particularly the ones I went to school with have no idea who Prince Henry is. I'm 19 and at university, most of the boys I know have had their careers planned since the end of high school at 16.

:eek: I am shocked. They don't know their royal family!?
I guess sometimes the picture being painted in royal forums are very different from reality.

Last edited:
:eek: I am shocked. They don't know their royal family!?

These days, you could probably pick out The Queen in a line of pictures, other than that I doubt they'd recognise anyone. Maybe Diana if you were old enough in 1997. William and Catherine are likely to be recognised if you watched the wedding.

Unless you're a follower of royals there's just not a great amount of coverage.

Harry might become to William what Margaret was to the queen, the only difference is that we all get to know about it

I think Harry is one of the most recognisable people in the UK and you'll go a long way to find someone who wouldn't be able to recognise him.

The amount of holier-than-thou preaching that's going on in this thread is quite unbelievable. What exactly did Harry do wrong? He made a silly decision to invite a few people he didn't know back to his hotel room. That's it. He did nothing illegal, and certainly nothing that millions of people his age, and older, won't be doing this weekend.

The woman who took the photos and sold them for personal gain, against the wishes of the people she was with and within a hotel room in which everyone has a reasonable expectation of privacy, is the person who should be ashamed here.

A 28-year-old man made a silly mistake when he'd had a few drinks - shock horror! Even the royals are human. We can't expect them to be paragons of virtue, we've all seen the problems the RF have had trying to live up to some sort of fairytale, perfect family image. It's totally unrealistic to expect these people to be picture perfect role models. All we have the right to expect is that they fulfill their constitutional duties in an effective manner. No more, no less.

You type Prince Harry into google and the first suggestion is Prince Harry vegas pictures. Highly amusing.

This will blow over. Harry will come out of this smelling like a rose. He leads a very privledged life, and that privledge will work very well for him, and he knows it. So life goes on until the next ridiculously stupid thing he does.

Oh one more thing, I don't see the point in Harry 'laying low'. This is not going to affect Harry one way or the other, so what is the point.

All we have the right to expect is that they fulfill their constitutional duties in an effective manner. No more, no less.

Though in part to their constitutional resposibilities there is somewhat of an expectation, and in my opinion rightly so, that the royal family be an example of responsible discretion and propriety. Obviously this is not always the case but for the most part they give it a decent go.

And expecting that Henry should have had more sense than to frivolously allow complete strangers into his confidence to the extent that he did, and to a point that compromised his dignity, nor least of all his "modesty", is not something I as a member of the global community would like to witness again.

It's his lapse in caution that makes me wish Charles would give him a good kick in the pants. For someone who has lived and will continue to live his life in the publics gaze I do not think it unreasonable to suggest that this was entirely avoidable.

He knows the game. He's lived it since day dot. No excuse.

I think Harry is one of the most recognisable people in the UK and you'll go a long way to find someone who wouldn't be able to recognise him.

The amount of holier-than-thou preaching that's going on in this thread is quite unbelievable. What exactly did Harry do wrong? He made a silly decision to invite a few people he didn't know back to his hotel room. That's it. He did nothing illegal, and certainly nothing that millions of people his age, and older, won't be doing this weekend.

The woman who took the photos and sold them for personal gain, against the wishes of the people she was with and within a hotel room in which everyone has a reasonable expectation of privacy, is the person who should be ashamed here.

A 28-year-old man made a silly mistake when he'd had a few drinks - shock horror! Even the royals are human. We can't expect them to be paragons of virtue, we've all seen the problems the RF have had trying to live up to some sort of fairytale, perfect family image. It's totally unrealistic to expect these people to be picture perfect role models. All we have the right to expect is that they fulfill their constitutional duties in an effective manner. No more, no less.

I think you and a lot of other posters are missing the major point here.

Harry did NOTHING wrong. He did nothing many other people don't do on the weekend. You are right. The other posters are also right that the majority of the British public, from what I can see on message boards, think Harry did nothing wrong, and in fact, seem to be encouraging.

But how quickly that opinion can and will change.

However, at some point the British public and other commonwealth members will wonder why such ordinary people are in such extraordinary roles, not having earned it in any way. Divine Right is now gone, which would have protected Harry's ancestors from real wrongdoing. For the BRF to survive, they will have to lead exemplary lives. You won't see this realization with this one escapade, or the next, or possibly the next. But IMO, you will see it.

Harry is not an everyday man, and if he want to remain in his position of extraordinary privilege, and wants his family to remain in this position, he's going to have to grow up a bit. I agree with the other posters who point out that there is some expectation that the BRF conduct themselves with a lot more discretion and dignity, no matter how these message boards read. Once Harry's looks begin to fade, you will see very different posts. Imagine if Uncle Andy or Cousin Bea were in the ones photographed.

This is not holier-than-thou preaching, it's the recognition that nobody gets something for nothing. Not any more.

Princess Peach said:

Once Harry's looks begin to fade, you will see very different posts. Imagine if Uncle Andy or Cousin Bea were in the ones photographed.

My opinion on this isn't going to change. And I somehow doubt Henry's going to do this again, so I won't be supplying my opinion on another Vegas night.

Henry's looks are not the only thing going for him.

The PCC has received 60 public complaints about the picture in The Sun and IF St James' Palace makes a formal complaint the PCC will investigate.

BBC interviewed everyday people, all three said 'it's his business, he's a young lad and they shouldn't have been published the pictures'.

I think you and a lot of other posters are missing the major point here.

Harry did NOTHING wrong. He did nothing many other people don't do on the weekend. You are right. The other posters are also right that the majority of the British public, from what I can see on message boards, think Harry did nothing wrong, and in fact, seem to be encouraging.

However, at some point the British public and other commonwealth members will wonder why such ordinary people are in such extraordinary roles, not having earned it in any way. Divine Right is now gone, which would have protected Harry's ancestors from real wrongdoing. For the BRF to survive, they will have to lead exemplary lives. You won't see this realization with this one escapade, or the next, or possibly the next. But IMO, you will see it.

Harry is not an everyday man, and if he want to remain in his position of extraordinary privilege, and wants his family to remain in this position, he's going to have to grow up a bit. I agree with the other posters who point out that there is some expectation that the BRF conduct themselves with a lot more discretion and dignity, no matter how these message boards read. Once Harry's looks begin to fade, you will see very different posts. Imagine if Uncle Andy or Cousin Bea were in the ones photographed.

This is not holier-than-thou preaching, it's the recognition that nobody gets something for nothing. Not any more.

SPOT ON, in my opinion.

The Sun published the pictures, they put a huge crown on Harry's behind :p
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...The-Sun-publishes-photos-of-naked-Prince.html

But thats what Im saying Daria. Thats it? Lie low and keep out of site? Thats pretty lame if you ask me. As for the body guard thing, I think they should also be in trouble even though they say they did nothing wrong. As for his so called friends, well thats another story. So apparently Harry has suffered enough because of embarassment?
Well we did away with the rack and whipping a long time ago, and haven't locked anyone up in the Tower since WWII so I am not sure what sort of punishment would satisfy you.

Last edited:
The Guardian has a story today with a PR guy saying one of the girls who sold the pics approached him, and she also had video. We'll see what happens there...

The Guardian has a story today with a PR guy saying one of the girls who sold the pics approached him, and she also had video. We'll see what happens there...
...surprise...surprise... Las Vegas is for a reason not populated by young bright women of high integrity. An easy to make buck is often the object. And there is no reverence for royalty, unless you are the Las Vegas royalty, i.e. Celine...

Though in part to their constitutional resposibilities there is somewhat of an expectation, and in my opinion rightly so, that the royal family be an example of responsible discretion and propriety. Obviously this is not always the case but for the most part they give it a decent go.

And expecting that Henry should have had more sense than to frivolously allow complete strangers into his confidence to the extent that he did, and to a point that compromised his dignity, nor least of all his "modesty", is not something I as a member of the global community would like to witness again.

It's his lapse in caution that makes me wish Charles would give him a good kick in the pants. For someone who has lived and will continue to live his life in the publics gaze I do not think it unreasonable to suggest that this was entirely avoidable.

He knows the game. He's lived it since day dot. No excuse.

I am sorry, but I do not think his father of all people should be the moral judge here. I seem to recall a private phone conversation to his then mistress regarding a certain hygiene product. The very same man is now being praised to the sky as the best thing since sliced bread. He was well into his 40'ies at that time. So the same allowence must apply to his son. Forgive and forget...MOVE ON!!

I am sorry, but I do not think his father of all people should be the moral judge here. I seem to recall a private phone conversation to his then mistress regarding a certain hygiene product. The very same man is now being praised to the sky as the best thing since sliced bread. He was well into his 40'ies at that time. So the same allowence must apply to his son. Forgive and forget...MOVE ON!!

The use of capitals to make your point was really not necessary and a little rude :)

I could elaborate as to why I think you're quite mistaken, re his fathers influence, but this is not the thread. That old mule's been scorned, whipped and beaten to death many times over. It's pointless and serves no purpose here.

We agree to disagree.

Originally Posted by Pranter
I don't think this is normal or acceptable behavior of any guy. Why would any woman want to marry someone who acts like this? I wouldn't want any daughter I had to get involved with someone who behaves this way.

LaRae
= one of the best posts I've read.
Not every woman is out to get married and believe it or not, but a lot of us girls don't mind the whole love 'em and leave 'em. Especially when you go to Vegas with your group of friends. Why else go? To look at the architecture? You go to party and/or gamble. It might get out of hand. Big deal. As long as it stays safe.

*prepares to be crucified as someone with low morals*

Last edited by a moderator:
EIIR said:
Every picture will end up on the internet somewhere, so the concept of privacy for public individuals is dead.

This situation is not productive or good by any means, but it is the reality of today, I'm afraid.

At first I was aghast at the invasion of privacy - and the tackiness of the person who sold the photos - thinking of this solely from the 'celebrity's' pov. On principle I still am - but I've shifted a bit on that. I have wondered if there was something that happened that night that persuaded the person that making this public would be a good thing beyond just money. I'm wondering if it's not as clear-cut as it seems. It is, after all, other people's right to cast abroad what they were doing that night if they wish - we are just trumping the 'celebrity's rights' here.

I try to refrain from judging others' choices. However, that said, my personal preferences preclude exhibitionism - and I do not expect to see anyone in such a private and intimate pose. I am not a voyeur. Someone said that there are more people 'enjoying' these photos than condemning them. Not so - some of us are not voyeurs. Those photos would be an embarrassment for most people with a sense of privacy.

The only way a person would allow that sort of thing to happen is because they are an exhibitionist and/or are drunk/sedated.

Seeing the pictures from Necker - with what appears to be Harry passed out on the ground - and realizing that this was a two week binge - :sad:. Not good.

Harry has a problem - and it's a big one. Two week binges drinking till one is blind, falling-down passed out dead drunk - what a useless life he is living if this is the best he can do with a whole lotta privileges - and indicative of some lotta pain. Poor guy - but better a father giving him hey now than news of a bad accident later. Harry just has to be the occasion for one person to suffer injury as a result of his drunkenness and the giggling and 'atta boy' will stop quick enof.

Last edited:
Not every woman is out to get married and believe it or not, but a lot of us girls don't mind the whole love 'em and leave 'em. Especially when you go to Vegas with your group of friends. Why else go? To look at the architecture? You go to party and/or gamble. It might get out of hand. Big deal. As long as it stays safe.

*prepares to be crucified as someone with low morals*

I pretty much agree with you. In reading a lot of the posts in this thread what I see most clearly is the big difference between Western European/British opinion vs. US opinion on issues of sex/nudity/alcohol/partying. There are also differences between what is considered private in the UK vs. the US apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:
camelot23ca said:
It's the morally indignant tone of the quote that kills me. All they wanted to do was go to Vegas, get trashed, and then get naked in a hotel suite with a bunch of complete strangers! And now it turns out that one of the people who accepted the invitation to get trashed and naked with a bunch of strangers in a Vegas hotel suite also had no qualms about taking pictures of it and selling it to TMZ! I mean, really, who could have seen that coming? :huh:

Selling compromising photos to the tabloids is practically a cottage industry. Public people have to be aware of that. There's no other way to keep out unscathed.

This is now reached the point where I'd recommend a time out if possible for this thread. I know it won't happen but "if only". Cultural differences are really apparent and individual moral codes are taking centre stage. Just my opinion.

I just looked at the news.
At least nine people shot at randomly in NY City - that's more important
Greece in economic meltdown - way more important to Europe
And if you want a royal story, Prince Philip is not attending the Paralympics opening ceremony.

I pretty much agree with you. In reading a lot of the posts in this thread what I see most clearly is the big difference between Western European/British opinion vs. US opinion on issues of sex/nudity/alcohol/partying.

Keep fanning that spark - it appears to be your sole observation and contribution to the discussion. Remember, it is in the US that you can go to a Las Vegas. Have you something similar in Britain? Or Europe?

The issue with these pictures winds up being a bit more than 'harmless fun'. It winds up being about being so blotto drunk that someone is unable to exercise normal cautions regarding themselves. One day that might result in harm to another - and where then will all the snickering at the 'prudes' leave you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom