Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Evening Standard article seems very fair. Hope Harry gets to the doctor for tests. Anyone seen him anywhere today?

susan alicia said:
extraordinarily private would be if he were naked with the a woman he loved, he is in vegas with several women and that is the risk you take

I disagree. In a hotel room with friends is private.

The Evening Standard article seems very fair. Hope Harry gets to the doctor for tests. Anyone seen him anywhere today?
Harry is in Balmoral - and my, does he have a lot of explaining to do to the Queen and Prince Charles!

Well said Machievelli! You understand exactly what I have been trying to say. And yes those articles say it all in a nut shell. Now I wonder what is happening within the family right at this moment.

Frankly some people should take a breath of fresh air before posting because it's getting really ridiculous.
I don't know if it's the vision of some bit of flesh but some reactions are just over the top.
I don't remember such uproar when William was taken peeing on a fence (with little Willy in hand) or partying hard only in boxer back in 2002. Even princes Charles and Andrew were taken naked back in the 80's....who cares ?
Maybe the shock to discover that Harry is not a monk and is, horror, human is just unbearable...

Last edited:
What does that say about us or the British?

If the British were able to access the pictures then we would have a level playing field. As it is, we don't. We are not commenting from the same set of facts: actual eyeballing of the pictures and hearsay. (It may also be rooted in the fact that Diana's aura has been transferred among certain of the public to 'Diana's Sons' who can do no wrong - so if Harry is caught in the most compromising and embarrassing of situations, still the British will minimize it, explain it away, make of it a virtue, etc.)

I stand as feeling this should be a reflection on the person who leaked the photos rather than an indictment of Harry.

I also suspect - from a conversation with a friend - that Harry knew full well that he was being snapped. As the man from Las Vegas interviewed on the news yesterday said - this whole thing rests squarely with Harry. He allowed a sequence of events to happen - that for someone with his media savvy should know the possible outcomes. What has occurred should not be a total surprise to him - and to be honest, I don't thing the outcome is. He may even be a bit amused - and happily gratified in a puffed-up manly way. He may have a bit of his mother's exhibitionism in him.

That all said, however, I do not find the pictures 'beautiful' or displaying a 'hunk'. I realize many here do. They are the sort of pictures that should be mortifying. Most people's reaction would be - euew! Because its abhorrent to display oneself like that to the general public. It's a level of 'information' most of us are not interested in possessing. It's a level of 'information' most of us have too much self-respect to provide the world - unless......

We live in a repressed situation. It may be the only way to make a statement - I am free! I will not be who it is you want me to be!

He's clearly 'fit' in a lanky way - and he is a handsome man, helped by his genial manner. I think he knows it - and is proud of it, possibly in a narcissistic way. The photos - interestingly - compromise just him. The woman involved in each case is absolutely hidden. This is a detail that is a clue as to the motivations behind this little bit of frolicking getting recorded. Anyway - I have decided - as with most things William and Harry - it's likely not what it seems to be. Harry was having some serious 'touch-time' with the other male swimmers in the pool - one in particular - a fact that no one is mentioning in all of this - it's the gross female contact (we assume because we cannot see the other person at all) that is touted about, not the pool hugging.

I remain a profound skeptic of anything to do with how we are being told 'it is' when it comes to either of Diana's sons.

The pics are sleazy-end of. Lets remember he's a man of 28 not an18 year old boy and running about naked in a hotel room with people you've just met is a bit sordid. I mean you don't need to be a genius to work out some of the things that would have been going on in that hotel suite so it's reflection on him as person as well as the rest of them.

If the British were able to access the pictures then we would have a level playing field. As it is, we don't. We are not commenting from the same set of facts: actual eyeballing of the pictures and hearsay. (It may also be rooted in the fact that Diana's aura has been transferred among certain of the public to 'Diana's Sons' who can do no wrong - so if Harry is caught in the most compromising and embarrassing of situations, still the British will minimize it, explain it away, make of it a virtue, etc.)
As far as I know, Brits are perfectly able to access the pictures - they just aren't splashed on front pages of the newspapers. Our (Armenian) papers didn't print them either, and yet I did see the pictures, and so did virtually all my friends (mostly, female ones). I doubt British people are lacking basic computer literacy to make a quick Google search if they want to view the pictures in questions.

I also suspect - from a conversation with a friend - that Harry knew full well that he was being snapped. As the man from Las Vegas interviewed on the news yesterday said - this whole thing rests squarely with Harry. He allowed a sequence of events to
Unless we know who your friend is and the context of your conversation, we can hardly come to an agreement on whether Harry knew the pictures were being taken. I happen to think there are no indications of anything but Harry being taken by surprise. That, and displaying remarkably bad judgement in trusting virtual strangers.

Harry was having some serious 'touch-time' with the other male swimmers in the pool - one in particular - a fact that no one is mentioning in all of this - it's the gross female contact (we assume because we cannot see the other person at all) that is touted about, not the pool hugging.
Your insinuation is unfounded and baseless: anyone who had seen pictures of him and Chelsy, and how obviously in love he was, needs no further proves of his "preferences". There is really, really no need to make allegations of the nature against a guy who is not going to defend himself.

Last edited:
Prince Harry: Conduct unbecoming - Telegraph

...It was a stone-cold certainty that photographs would appear once the holidaying Prince concluded that it would be fun to take his clothes off in a Las Vegas hotel room, along with some like-minded young women he’d apparently met a few minutes earlier.......

The American media mostly made a joke out of it last night on the news shows--more focus was on the security risks and the lack of free press Britain now has.

The *day after* pics sure show a much more subdued :bang:, sheepish :ohmy::doh:, and somewhat worried:bow: Prince Harry.

He knows better..........the two brothers have said many times they only surround themselves with people :ermm: they trust.

The American media mostly made a joke out of it last night on the news shows--more focus was on the security risks and the lack of free press Britain now has.

Britain does not lack a free press! How many times must I say this on this thread?!?! Just to be clear:

1. the British press have covered this story extensively;
2. as part of their coverage they have chosen not to publish the photos because they were taken in a PRIVATE hotel room, on a PRIVATE holiday and WITHOUT the permission of those who were photographed. Everyone, including royals, have a right to privacy enshrined in British law;
3. every report, whether on TV or in the newspapers, has told the British people where to go online if they want to see the photos;
4. the British state does not block access to any foreign websites. When I go to TMZ, Perez Hilton, Lainey Gossip etc. I see exactly the same website as those abroad see. Nothing is blocked or blurred out.
5. everyone I know in the UK has seen the pictures by now.

If my boyfriend took pictures of me naked in my own home and then tried to sell them to a national newspaper (not that they'd want them), the newspaper would refuse to publish them because to do so would be to invade my right to privacy. At least, this is the case in the UK at the moment. The British press don't publish images of sex tapes, or of naked celebrities which have come into the hands of gossip sites without that individual's permission. That is why they haven't published these pictures of Harry, or at least, not yet.

There are some posters who seem to have lots of 'friends' who are somehow in-the-know on every royal story, which I find an enormous coincidence. There seems also to be a trend here of making huge assumptions about these people - William's an abusive husband, Kate's a downtrodden abused wife, Harry's an alcoholic who drinks to suppress the pain of his mother's death and also may or may not be a closeted gay. I read some of these posts and I'm just dumbfounded.

Last edited:
Unless we know who your friend is and the context of your conversation, we can hardly come to an agreement on whether Harry knew the pictures were being taken. I happen to think there are no indications of anything but Harry being taken by surprise. That, and displaying remarkably bad judgement in trusting virtual strangers.

Unless 'we'?

As I stated in a previous post, I was having a conversation with a male friend about the pictures and we wound up agreeing that what we were seeing - from the evidence in the pictures - was very likely not Harry 'having sex' and that he was aware of having his picture taken. That's it.

Britain does not lack a free press! How many times must I say this on this thread?!?! Just to be clear:

2. as part of their coverage they have chosen not to publish the photos because they were taken in a PRIVATE hotel room, on a PRIVATE holiday and WITHOUT the permission of those who were photographed. Everyone, including royals, have a right to privacy enshrined in British law;
3. every report, whether on TV or in the newspapers, has told the British people where to go online if they want to see the photos;
4. the British state does not block access to any foreign websites. When I go to TMZ, Perez Hilton, Lainey Gossip etc. I see exactly the same website as those abroad see. Nothing is blocked or blurred out.

If my boyfriend took pictures of me naked in my own home and then tried to sell them to a national newspaper (not that they'd want them), the newspaper would refuse to publish them because to do so would be to invade my right to privacy. At least, this is the case in the UK at the moment. The British press don't publish images of sex tapes, or of naked celebrities which have come into the hands of gossip sites without that individual's permission. That is why they haven't published these pictures of Harry, or at least, not yet.

There are some posters who seem to have lots of 'friends' who are somehow in-the-know on every royal story, which I find an enormous coincidence. There seems also to be a trend here of making huge assumptions about these people - William's an abusive husband, Kate's a downtrodden abused wife, Harry's an alcoholic who drinks to suppress the pain of his mother's death and also may or may not be a closet gay. I read some of these posts and I'm just dumbfounded.

I think the difference laws related to the press (and privacy), especially between the US and the UK, are perhaps a little unfamiliar/confusing to some people. (Personally, I'm fascinated by laws like this, but can understand that some are a bit surprised that the pictures aren't being published in the UK).

And some people on here certainly do have some very interesting imaginations! Always a fascinating read.

There are some posters who seem to have lots of 'friends' who are somehow in-the-know on every royal story, which I find an enormous coincidence. There seems also to be a trend here of making huge assumptions about these people - William's an abusive husband, Kate's a downtrodden abused wife, Harry's an alcoholic who drinks to suppress the pain of his mother's death and also may or may not be a closeted gay. I read some of these posts and I'm just dumbfounded.

I couldn't agree more. For some reason this story seems much more interesting to foreigners than it is to Brits. Maybe its a puritanical streak in some countries that makes a bit a skin and partying so upsetting while in the UK its a bit of a giggle.

I couldn't agree more. For some reason this story seems much more interesting to foreigners than it is to Brits. Maybe its a puritanical streak in some countries that makes a bit a skin and partying so upsetting while in the UK its a bit of a giggle.

for me personally it would have been more disturbing if the party had been fully clothed, but playing around with guns or something (not talking 'bout russian roulette :) ).... i'm sure in some cultures *that* would have been no problem :)

The bottom line is, to put it bluntly, Harry is an idiot. Anyone in the public eye like Harry and partakes in this kind of paryting should know better.

I can tell you that here, people are laughing at the whole mess, but also saying exactly what I said above. They cannot believe the stupidity of this whole mess. Have your fun, do whatever you want, but be smart about it. Harry wasn't.

I think Machhiavelli said it best about this mess.

I just want to clarify something, because being an uninteresting person I haven't looked at the pictures, who took them and who published them?

I'm going to go with US at the publisher, for obvious reasons.

The bottom line is, to put it bluntly, Harry is an idiot.

I can tell you that here, people are laughing at the whole mess, but also saying exactly what I said above. They cannot believe the stupidity of this whole mess. Have your fun, do whatever you want, but be smart about it. Harry wasn't.

I actually, that's your bottom line, not mine.

Harry was not in the public eye, at this private hotel at a private event enjoying himself. People are laughing, great, in a week they'll be laughing about something else and when Harry visits Canada as some point in the future people won't even remember and they'll love him like people do now.

I did not say it for you to agree with me. For me that is the bottom line. He's and idiot, and I think he knows it lol. He knows this was stupid. What sane person in the public eye with a brain in their head would do something like without THINKING. That is pretty much the consesus here.

It's like, get your freak on Harry, but dam do it with a modicum of sense.

Princess Peach said:
I agree with you. I suppose I am old before my time.

What he did would not be wrong in the least if he were an everyday man who owed nothing to the public and were not involved in a high profile family business where image is everything (although I would not want to hear that this was my son's vacation, even if most of his peers had the every same vacations). But what everyone fails to realize is that Harry is not the common man.

The Brits may be very supportive of Harry right now, but their acceptance that the royals are "common men" is dangerous to the existence of the monarchy itself. Or for just Harry himself. In a few years' time when the partying has taken its toll on his face, and he is a little less buff and toned, you will see a very different commentary.

The veil of mystery must never be lifted from the royal family - words uttered about filming such things as a family barbecue. I'm afraid Harry has yanked that veil off the curtain rods.

I agree as well. There's no need to do what Harry did, regardless of status. There are other ways to have fun, and if you must get naked, do it away from prying eyes. Some put the blame on the 'photographer', but I think that Harry is old enough to take responsibility for his actions. I can guarantee that he was not forced to get naked or play strip billiards, so that leaves me to believe he chose to partake in this activity, and apparently with some people he didn't know well at all. He's old enough to know better than to let loose, and think that there will be no consequences. People will go far to make a buck, and won't give a rat's you-know-what about whom they're hurting. If Harry won't look out for himself, no one else will. Family, friends, PPOs, etc. can only do so much.

Harry was not in the public eye, at this private hotel at a private event enjoying himself. People are laughing, great, in a week they'll be laughing about something else and when Harry visits Canada as some point in the future people won't even remember and they'll love him like people do now

LOL, they'll remember, they will just be snickering in the background lmao. The debate is not whether it was private, the debate is in HOW STUPID HARRY WAS in not foreseeing this outcome. Really Harry, Really?

The jokes here are fast and furious

I realize that this is hot topic but let's cool it with the name calling and gutter talk.

Surely we can discuss the situation in Las Vegas without calling Harry names.

Any and all subsequent posts will be deleted without notice.

This is interesting to read since it was British pundits making the argument about the media being "neutered." I suppose it's anger/jealousy at other country's media getting all the hits for their websites.

I suppose it's anger/jealousy at other country's media getting all the hits for their websites

No i think it's just a certain view about privacy and ethical issues. Apparently not shared by everyone.

I just want to clarify something, because being an uninteresting person I haven't looked at the pictures, who took them and who published them?

I'm going to go with US at the publisher, for obvious reasons.

I actually, that's your bottom line, not mine.

Harry was not in the public eye, at this private hotel at a private event enjoying himself. People are laughing, great, in a week they'll be laughing about something else and when Harry visits Canada as some point in the future people won't even remember and they'll love him like people do now.
One of the girls he invited took the photo and sold them to TMZ. They were the ones to break the story.

Is this thread time-limited?

I ask because every facet has been discussed; people have expressed their views very widely (or even wildly); this thread is definitely pushing the boundaries of "name calling and gutter talk" (quote from Zonk) and do we really want to be discussing this over and over again in (say) 12 months time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom