Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DM has an article up where it lists all the places "naked Harry" pics are - I came across them accidentally on Huff Po. So it's too late to ban them, really. I read that the girls in the pictures worked for TMZ - don't know if it's true or not but he should be more careful.

I can't get that worked up about them -they seemed like normal guy stuff to me.

one of the girls sold the photo to tmz no girls from tmz was there

DM has an article up where it lists all the places "naked Harry" pics are - I came across them accidentally on Huff Po. So it's too late to ban them, really. I read that the girls in the pictures worked for TMZ - don't know if it's true or not but he should be more careful.

I can't get that worked up about them -they seemed like normal guy stuff to me.

They're trying to ban the publication of the pictures in the UK newspapers. We're currently in the middle of a massive public inquiry into the actions of the press, and more specifically newspapers. The RF have an agreement of some sort with the UK press that they won't post pictures of the royals when they're in private places; so we'll see pictures of Harry coming out of a club, but they can't post pictures of Harry at a private house party, for example, as that's considered a breach of Harry's right to privacy.

The British press are pretty scared at the moment in light of the inquiry and are worried that it's likely to lead to much stiffer regulation of the press, so they've been erring on the side of caution and chose not to publish, for example, the pictures of William and Kate on their honeymoon.

It goes without saying that no such agreement is possible with foreign media, and you'll notice that the websites that have published these photos so far are based outside the UK.

Are you serious in calling "drinking in excess" normal? The fact that many people do it doesnt make it normal. The word normal implyes lack of excess, quiet the opposite.

And let´s nt forget who pays for this trips.

Prince Harry: security is a 'nightmare' - Telegraph

I meant normal in the sense that getting very drunk is not seen as 'excessive' to most young British people. I would be considered 'abnormal' in choosing not to get really drunk on a night out.

lol, it is way to late to ban these photos. This is the age of Twitter, and social networking. It's out there and it ain't leaving.

It's obvious NOT a lesson learned, since idiocy like this has happened before with Harry.

At this point he just has to suck, ah go with the, uh he just has to move on lmao.

I see! That´s why British are not complaining! :lol:

You seem to know next to nothing about the UK, yet enjoy making presumptions about the British people as if you know what you're talking about.

The British press may not choose to publish these photos, but we do have the internet in the UK, and we can view foreign websites. All we have to do is go to any number of websites based outside the UK to see them, and I'll bet that most Brits have by now.

The UK is not communist China; we're not denied information or access to the internet in its entirety. For your information, this story has been covered extensively on the UK TV news, they just haven't shown the 2 pictures of Harry in his birthday suit.

These sorts of categorisation have been around for decades - dutiful Elizabeth v wild Margaret, staid Charles v randy Andy and now boring William v indiscreet Harry - and will continue into the next generation if William and Kate have more than one child - the elder will be the 'good' one and the second the 'bad' one.

We pay for the security. Not the trip, facts again. If the people who do pay, don't mind, then why should you?
The issue of tax always seem to invite argument into a conversation when the actual person paying the 58p a year doesn't care. Amazes me actually.

The 58 p you are paying if for their official duties not their protection which runs into millions more.

However if I was a taxpayer paying for his security and expecting him to represent me on the world stage I would expect more discretion.

it is someting that happen people his family did things in the past so it will soon be in the past

OMG! Harry, Harry, what have you done? This is NOT at all funny. I new there would be trouble. I had a feeling things would get out of hand. When it comes to Vegas I dont trust anyone at a party scene, especially if you are famous. There is always someone there who is willing to betray trust just to make a buck. Its Vegas mentality unfortunately. Money is the name of the game and it doesnt matter sometimes what you have to do to get it. This really sucks. He should have known better and his so called friends should have protected him, yeah,right. All in it was a HUGE mistake and total lack of good judgement. Im sure the people who are getting paid for these pictures are thinking Harry was an easy target and they are Im sure laughing all the way to the bank. As for the women, they got what they wanted. What a terrible situation to be in. I cant believe Harry is so gullable to think that people wont betray him if given the chance or does he do it on purpose? Is he wanting negative publicity? I would hope not. And as for being young? Hogwash. He knows better. He knows all eyes are on him. Come on Harry. Please.

For me, it's not so much that he did this, but that it got out. I would never begrudge someone having fun, and if he wants to get naked - whatever, who is it hurting?. My issue is more that he, his protection officer AND his friends allowed him to get in that situation with absolute strangers. his 'regular' circle of friends haven't (IIRC) ever sold him out - it's always been a 'friend of a friend' type who has. Why would he think that a perfect stranger wouldn't sell him out if friends of friends have in the past?

hw should have taken all the phones in camras out the room first. thats what a newsreporter said

For me, it's not so much that he did this, but that it got out. I would never begrudge someone having fun, and if he wants to get naked - whatever, who is it hurting?. My issue is more that he, his protection officer AND his friends allowed him to get in that situation with absolute strangers. his 'regular' circle of friends haven't (IIRC) ever sold him out - it's always been a 'friend of a friend' type who has. Why would he think that a perfect stranger wouldn't sell him out if friends of friends have in the past?

i agree. i also feel that what was his friends doing

The fact remains that he should have better sense than this. He should know that even private get aways are not private. Something somehow is going to get out. I dont care what pecautuions are taken, its bound to happen. Its stupid to think he can do anything he wants without someone not taking advantage of the situation.

Just heard about the naked photos:eek:.... Wonder what Prince Phillip had to say? Oh, to be a fly on Palace walls!:lol:
With his illness, this is all the poor man needs!:ermm:

Just heard about the naked photos:eek:.... Wonder what Prince Phillip had to say? Oh, to be a fly on Palace walls!:lol:
With his illness, this is all the poor man needs!:ermm:

He probably needs a good laugh! which he will do and then leave it to Charles to sort out.

OMG! Harry, Harry, what have you done? This is NOT at all funny. I new there would be trouble. I had a feeling things would get out of hand. When it comes to Vegas I dont trust anyone at a party scene, especially if you are famous. There is always someone there who is willing to betray trust just to make a buck. Its Vegas mentality unfortunately. Money is the name of the game and it doesnt matter sometimes what you have to do to get it. This really sucks. He should have known better and his so called friends should have protected him, yeah,right. All in it was a HUGE mistake and total lack of good judgement. Im sure the people who are getting paid for these pictures are thinking Harry was an easy target and they are Im sure laughing all the way to the bank. As for the women, they got what they wanted. What a terrible situation to be in. I cant believe Harry is so gullable to think that people wont betray him if given the chance or does he do it on purpose? Is he wanting negative publicity? I would hope not. And as for being young? Hogwash. He knows better. He knows all eyes are on him. Come on Harry. Please.

Dramatic much?

The fact remains that he should have better sense than this. He should know that even private get aways are not private. Something somehow is going to get out. I dont care what pecautuions are taken, its bound to happen. Its stupid to think he can do anything he wants without someone not taking advantage of the situation.

Personally, I think Harry could've gone to Vegas with a few mates, say, 5 years ago and stayed more or less anonymous. Unfortunately for him, with the royal wedding, his tour of the Caribbean, the Jubilee and the Olympics, Harry is now much, much more well known abroad. All of these events were covered extensively in the US and elsewhere.

He's basically at the situation now whereby he can't trust anyone other than the very old friends whom he knows won't leak stories or pictures to the press for cash. That makes meeting new people, particularly women from outside his circle of friends, and building meaningful relationships with them almost impossible. I think that frustrates Harry who's clearly a very sociable, outgoing person, but he's just going to have to accept it.

the RPO's aren't there to regulate his life.

No they are not. Harry has to regulate his own life, (again he is a grown man) which he seems to be incapable of doing.

I am sure more pics will surface. The tides have turned on "Willy's Winky" from a few years ago.

yes he grown young in single. so its just something that happen in someting that people will talk about in move on from

His protection officers can only do so much though. Like his former RPO said, "If he chooses to bring a pretty blonde back to his room and she happens to get her camera or her phone out and takes quick snapshots then it would be almost impossible to prevent this.”

According to the Met commissioner, the RPO's aren't there to regulate his life.

Prince Harry naked Vegas pictures: Security fears after boozy 'strip party' with six women - Mirror Online

I think that's BS...every normal bodyguard type gets this done for stars of lesser caliber than Harry. And even if they refused, his friends should've been more aware and handled this better. But, of course, Harry should've used his brain. He has a Facebook, he knows the score. Nothing is private anymore.

or the girl in the photo with him may talk

I guess the Palace could buy them all off. Oh what a tangled web. Harry, Harry. I wish I could say he will learn something from this, but he won't.

The whole thing will obviously die off, but seeing him making a speech etc, I will just be thinking of him hiding is unmentionables for awhile lol.

I think that's BS...every normal bodyguard type gets this done for stars of lesser caliber than Harry. And even if they refused, his friends should've been more aware and handled this better. But, of course, Harry should've used his brain. He has a Facebook, he knows the score. Nothing is private anymore.

Exactly. Not sure why this is so hard to understand. The palace should hire some Hollywood PR person. This would never have happened with a really good PR person. They would of got those dam cell phones etc off those people before anything happened.

As my friend says. Really Harry,Really lol. Come on Son

I am old enough to remember Princess Margaret's frolics in Mustique with a much younger lover and the uproar they caused, and I also remember a young and ohhh so handsome Prince Andrew(he looked like a film star back in the day-so much hotter than Harry, imo!) seeming to be in constant hot water.

Good observation Iluvbertie. This too shall pass!

Looks like Clarance House and Buckingham Palace will be working in over time to do some serious damage control. I hope that Prince Charles, William and The Queen all have a nice long chat with Harry.

There is nothing "wrong," on a moral or ethical level with blackout drinking or anonymous sex among consenting, non-committed adults. But it's disturbing to me that so many younger people think that drinking to excess is a great regular past time. It's a sign that something is remiss in their own lives if this is done on a regular basis.

As for Harry's exploits in Vegas, well, it appears from various message boards and comment sections that the Brits don't have an issue with a young man enjoying himself. I personally think that the "atta boy" attitude has a lot to do with Harry's youth, charisma and looks. (Had the Prince Andrew of today been caught in a similar position, I think the commentary would have been far, far different, and as for his daughters... shudder).

he problem however, is that at some point these very same posters are going to wonder why such very, very ordinary people are in such extraordinary positions, and they're going to wonder why such a very, very ordinary man who did not earn the position, is fit to represent them. What is so special or different about him? If Divine Right is well and truly dead (which, along with modern technology, allowed Harry's forefathers to do whatever they pleased), why are men like Harry in such extraordinary positions of privilege? He was not elected to his position, he did not earn it through sweat and tears. If monarchies are to continue in the 21st century the people in such extraordinary positions will have to earn it somehow; and it will have to be through living exemplary lives like the Queen.

His protection officers can only do so much though. Like his former RPO said, "If he chooses to bring a pretty blonde back to his room and she happens to get her camera or her phone out and takes quick snapshots then it would be almost impossible to prevent this.”

According to the Met commissioner, the RPO's aren't there to regulate his life.

Prince Harry naked Vegas pictures: Security fears after boozy 'strip party' with six women - Mirror Online
Am I the only one who is doing the math? 1. Harry 2. The naked blonde 3. who is taking the picture? There is a third person taking pictures in the room of the two naked people. That suggests a threesome, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom