Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If those photos are really him....I don't think the Queen is going to be amused. Bad decision on his part.

LaRae

The only thing I'm dissapointed about is that there aren't more pics! He's got a great body, lol. Seriously though, I can't believe after all these years he hasn't learned to be more careful. I'm guessing alcohol clouded his judgement there. While I'm sure the younger generation of royals will be amused, I'm sure the older generation will be ashamed no doubt.

Daria_S said:
On a more serious note, I really won't want to be Harry right now. I'm sure he'll be chewed up and spat out not only by the press, but his Papa and Granny (and maybe even William, all joking aside). I sincerely hope he can build his image back up, because he has so much potential and has done a great deal of good.

I'm sure papa will be the one to blast him.... "Just after you stood in for your grandmother ..." this is just too distasteful for HM to deal with directly. But she'll know and he'll know she knows and that will be the worst punishment of all. Disappointing those who put trust in you devastating. With everything else on her plate, good thing she is at Balmoral and Philip is home.

I would expect laying low til Paralympics and then a very visible and hands on harry with the athletes.

On a side note.... Phillip and Charles are both sitting there thinking thank heavens there weren'tt cell phones in my day.

Last edited:
Why is it forgivable for Harry to behave like this and was not forgivable for Sarah, Duchess of York to behave like this? It seems that the so-called equalization of male-female situations in the RF is not complete. I am not saying his behavior was OK any more than Sarah's was. Not OK. Harks back to the scandals surrounding King Edward VII and King George V when he was a prince. And his great-uncle Edward too. Just not acceptable at all for a royal. my opinion, of course, some people may like this.

I'm sorry, I think this is so funny, if in poor taste. I'm inclined to believe those pics are real. Many years ago it would be whispered about, but not "shown" The poor guy is young, unattached, without anyone to answer for except his grandmother and grandfather. I would like to think Charles would be :ROFLMAO:. God knows he got caught with "his pants down", so to speak.
He had a few blasts and got carried away. He's human, what a revelation!

Why is it forgivable for Harry to behave like this and was not forgivable for Sarah, Duchess of York to behave like this? It seems that the so-called equalization of male-female situations in the RF is not complete

Sorry. Harry isn't married. Sarah was. BIIIIGGGG difference.

I don't care. He didn't pose for them to make money or for publicity. He was in his own room having fun like millions of young men all over the world. He wasn't hurting anyone, and he has never pretended to be a monk.

Go Harry!

Sarah was married other of 2 when the toe sucking pictures happened. She hit bottom after years of working on her reputation by trying to sell contact with the Duke of York.

I do like Harry a lot, but man, this was totally stupid. I mean really, it's not like he just became a celebrity last week, and cell phones were just invented. This really doesn't say much for his decision making skills.:bang:

But(t) he does look great! :D

Disgraceful and trashy

The behavior Harry displayed is classless and trashy. I would never expect a royal to behave like that knowing about all the media and internet there is out there now.

The worst part is someone in the party more than likely got paid for the photos. I wouldn't want friends like that.

I get that he is single and a "normal guy" but he isn't. He is a royal Prince and he is supposed to act like it. I don't want to compare him to normal men because normal men don't have titles and don't have the kind of wealth and privillage he was born into.

:sad::ermm:

I do like Harry a lot, but man, this was totally stupid. I mean really, it's not like he just became a celebrity last week, and cell phones were just invented. This really doesn't say much for his decision making skills.:bang:

But(t) he does look great! :D

Hahahahahahahahaha! :lol:

Harry would make a great newcomer to the Hangover casts!

The behavior Harry displayed is classless and trashy. I would never expect a royal to behave like that knowing about all the media and internet there is out there now.

The worst part is someone in the party more than likely got paid for the photos. I wouldn't want friends like that.

I get that he is single and a "normal guy" but he isn't. He is a royal Prince and he is supposed to act like it. I don't want to compare him to normal men because normal men don't have titles and don't have the kind of wealth and privillage he was born into.

I hate to burst your bubble but royals (and non-royals) have been acting like this for many many years. The only difference now is how quickly it can get I out.

Good for Harry - he's doing what many young people do in Vegas - have fun!!!

LOL, well now he can compare nude pics with his father and uncle Andrew.

He was having fun, no doubt. Nothing wrong with a little fun. He need not adhere to prudish Victorian standards, he gets to set his own.

I hate to burst your bubble but royals (and non-royals) have been acting like this for many many years. The only difference now is how quickly it can get I out.

Good for Harry - he's doing what many young people do in Vegas - have fun!!!

I guess I just expect that he doesn't hang around people who would take pics and leak it. If he doesn't care about what the world thinks of him or if he likes that he is compared to all the average Joes that is on him.

It doesn't mean I will no longer be a fan but my personality is more like William's as I am reserved. I know I couldn't handle a man like Harry. Too wild and reckless. And you know full well that his previous decisions in previous years have been dumb. :ermm: Just sayin':ermm:

I really feel badly for him, because I know he's going to be raked across the coals for this, but seriously? Who does this actually hurt? He had a little too much to drink and took his clothes off. Not a big deal. It just makes me grateful that no one's hanging around with cameras waiting to catch me in a moment of fun- I've definitely had ones I would prefer not be shared with my grandmother.

I think most people have.

1.Prince Ernst of Hanover urinating (need I say more?).
2.Forgive me but, being born into a royal,noble,aristocratic, or simply wealthy and privileged family doesn't mean much. People in the best of families can be ignorant,uneducated,classless,trashy, disrespectful, etc...Just like "normal men" (whatever that means) born into humble families can be classy, educated, respectful, intelligent, etc... I wish people would stop thinking of people born into royalty are like gods and goddesses and should be treated as such and act as such.
3. Harry is a young guy and is going to act as such. His only mistake was to surround himself with "friends" (and I use that word loosely) that are going to take pictures of him and send them to gossip websites just to make a buck or whatever the reason.

Give the guy a break. Most of us have been there, done that at some point in our lives with the only difference being that there weren't people taking pictures and publishing them for the world to see.

Harry's Night in Vegas

I mean I know I am reserved and a good girl but I feel like I just can't believe when I logged on here how many people are cool with his behavior. I am just blown away by how different my opinion is versus everyone else's. :eek:

To answer your question, I read your posts, and everyone elses in the Prince Harry Current events thread, and more people than you have expressed their disapproval of his latest actions. So not sure why you had to make a new thread?

Give the guy a break. Most of us have been there, done that at some point in our lives with the only difference being that there weren't people taking pictures and publishing them for the world to see.

I gave him a break when he showed up to party with a nazi costume at yet another fun party held by "friends" two weeks before the anniversery of the liberation at Auschwitz. He continues making stupid decisions and he is in his late twenties.

I mean I know I am reserved and a good girl but I feel like I just can't believe when I logged on here how many people are cool with his behavior. I am just blown away by how different my opinion is versus everyone else's. :eek:

In all seriousness, you should maybe do some personal reflection on several things: What is a good girl, why do those standards exist, and why are you so uncomfortable with Harry's behavior.

Don't answer them for me- they're rhetorical. You're just nipping at the heels of a few important ideas- I saw you get on a tangent about how a woman would be criticized versus how a man would be criticized and that's a really important and positive line of thought, you're just not taking it in the best direction.

If this thread gets deleted (and it may) you're welcome to message me personally if you feel like talking about any of this. I don't often put on my feminist thinker hat around The Royal Forums (not the best place for it) but that's a big part of the rest of my life and I can generally explain myself fairly well.

One thing I am convinced of...he is NOT ready to look for a wife and "settle down" like certain Brit publications have been urging him to do...mostly so that they can get their jollies oooh'ing and ahhh'ing from the buzz another Royal wedding would bring them.

He works hard when it's called for and I think he tries to do his best. I've seen the genuine look of care and concern on his face when he is visiting Third World countries, interacting with children. I have seen him look serious and focused at formal events when he needs to be.

But one can only repress one's true personality for so long and let's face it...Harry is a bit wild. He likes a good time.

He might settle down when he is older, but right now he is who he is. He isn't hurting anyone. IMO he is the most appealing of all the young Brit Royals, in fact he is the ONLY one of them I have any real interest in.

Leave him alone.

One thing I am convinced of...he is NOT ready to look for a wife and "settle down" like certain Brit publications have been urging him to do...mostly so that they can get their jollies oooh'ing and ahhh'ing from the buzz another Royal wedding would bring them.

He works hard when it's called for and I think he tries to do his best. I've seen the genuine look of care and concern on his face when he is visiting Third World countries, interacting with children. I have seen him look serious and focused at formal events when he needs to be.

But one can only repress one's true personality for so long and let's face it...Harry is a bit wild. He likes a good time.

He might settle down when he is older, but right now he is who he is. He isn't hurting anyone. IMO he is the most appealing of all the young Brit Royals, in fact he is the ONLY one of them I have any real interest in.

Leave him alone.

Anyone who thinks Harry is ready to settle down is blind! HA. :ROFLMAO: The way he is with third world children is what tugs at my heart strings. :) I have a soft spot for him there. That really is touching. And the fact that he is so charitable much like his mother was is also very touching. I wish the media would focus on that more than his love life. :ermm:

However, Harry will never be left alone in a good or bad way. He is a public figure and nobody on this forum has a chance with him. LOL. But like I said in my other post he is nice eye candy for me and I loved Princess Di.

Last edited:
pearl1984..you are sooo right. I see so much of Diana in Harry. He cares, and I can tell he isn't faking it.

But the media would rather focus on other areas of his life.

This is not just "having gun". Who hasn´t got drunk a couple of times (well not everyone) but I dont´remember having taken my clothes off in front of strangers. What kind of amusement is that?
And what is settle down? Do you think the guy will come a day when he will say, ok enough, now I´m serious, not more fun. I think he has to moderate his behaviour, he´s not just a rich boy that can behave wild, he´s the 3rd in line to the throne. If he cannot rise to the occasion, step down and get a regular job. I am sorry to say this because I like him so much more like the 2nd in line and his lazy wife. Harry is probably the most loved member of the family after the Queen, if not more. He is charismatic, authentic, and knows how to interecat with people. It´s sad that he has this dark side, do not try to sell it as "normal" because not everyone is having fun like this.

It doesn't mean I will no longer be a fan but my personality is more like William's as I am reserved. I know I couldn't handle a man like Harry. Too wild and reckless. And you know full well that his previous decisions in previous years have been dumb. :ermm: Just sayin':ermm:

Best to assume you know nothing of the 'real' William.

There will come a day when Harry will be 'ready' to settle down - and when that day comes his 'wild' past will make him all the more stable in the relationship he finally commits to imo. I agree he has a lot of growing up to do - he'll get there. He's normal.

There is actually nothing here. Except very private moments being made public by someone who has very low-brow ethics. This is not really about Harry - it's about whoever that person is who took advantage of entre. By focussing on Harry and his private choices which are his business and not your business - the person who engaged in this despicable act of cowardice gets off scott-free. The outrage and condemnation should be for the videographer - the peeping tom - the voyeur - not for Harry.

Best to assume you know nothing of the 'real' William.

There will come a day when Harry will be 'ready' to settle down - and when that day comes his 'wild' past will make him all the more stable in the relationship he finally commits to imo. I agree he has a lot of growing up to do - he'll get there. He's normal.

There is actually nothing here. Except very private moments being made public by someone who has very low-brow ethics. This is not really about Harry - it's about whoever that person is who took advantage of entre. By focussing on Harry and his private choices which are his business and not your business - the person who engaged in this despicable act of cowardice gets off scott-free. The outrage and condemnation should be for the videographer - the peeping tom - the voyeur - not for Harry.

You do realize you don't have a chance with him...right? :lol: I have already said that these "friends" aren't true friends and if you read my other posts you'd see that.

As for it being not my business he is a public figure and everyone is allowed to have an opinion on this event since it was made public. Harry should of been smarter. He has been around golddiggers and opportunists his whole life.

I agree completely. I feel like what the photographer did here was really, really despicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom