The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2012, 06:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

We were chatting about Harry's night in Vegas and came to the conclusion that Harry doesn't particularly want a royal life. We also deduced that he is still either with Chelsey Davy or wants to be with her, however she is a career girl and doesn't want to be a royal wife. We were considering that when the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have a couple of children and Harry is no longer the immediate heir that Harry will drop out of royal life, marry Chelsey and stay out of the spotlight.

When I see Harry at family occasions I think he is great. But when he is out on his own he looks uncomfortable. It could just be me but I see him as tense and nervous when on his own for example at the closing ceremony when he was announced he looked so awkward to me! Another occasion was William's wedding. When they arrived at the church and he was best man I remember my mother commenting he seems more nervous than William. However later when surrounded by family on the balcony he had relaxed.

I could be completely wrong on all of this and it is just my humble opinion. Whatever the case I truly hope that Harry finds happy and contentment with his life.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Because they are dusgusting low lifes looking to make a buck off another persons celebrity. They are almost as bad as those bimbots who wanted to get famous from sleeping with Tiger Woods.
Tiger used them as much as they used him. My point is, women are judged more harshly than men. If this had been exactly the other way around, if Beatrice or Eugenie had done this with men they didn't know. They would have been blamed for everything while the men would have been congratulated for getting so lucky.

And honestly... If I had been offered several million (or however much it is now) I might have sold those photo's as well. That''s an end to trouble, more chances and an easier life for a lot of people.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:51 AM
Royal Highness

From the article: (okay, it is Morton, but still...)
As the Prince’s private secretary, Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, and other advisers sift through the fallout from this latest debacle, they might wish to consider a common thread that runs through all of Prince Harry’s exploits: alcohol. The Prince doesn’t just get tipsy, he gets wasted. A cursory glance through pictures of Prince Harry over the last few years frequently show a young man who is the worse for wear. (End of quote)

I don't think it's his advisor's job to do that, it's the job of his commanding officer to check into the case , order testings (including psychological ones) and make him see reason if he wants to stay an officer much longer. It's not about having a drink here and there, but if there really are hints that he occasionally don't know when to stop, then the army has to stop him.

I don't think the Vegas incident is enough proof - but if there is more to know and his advisors have to know it, then they should call in his employer for help.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:59 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
T
And honestly... If I had been offered several million (or however much it is now) I might have sold those photo's as well. That''s an end to trouble, more chances and an easier life for a lot of people.
On reading this, an old German joke comes to mind, which I'll try to translate:

A lady and a gentleman are sitting alone in a compartment of a train. The gentleman obviously likes what he sees and asks: I offer you a million of EUROs in case, will you have sexual relations with me? The lady thinks, and thinks and thinks, but finally she nods. He smiles at her and asks: If I offered you 20 EUROs, would you have agreed as well? The woman answers annoyed: Of course not. I'm a lady. And he replies cooly: we have already found out what you are, we are now into negotiations of the price you take for your services.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
Tiger used them as much as they used him. My point is, women are judged more harshly than men. If this had been exactly the other way around, if Beatrice or Eugenie had done this with men they didn't know. They would have been blamed for everything while the men would have been congratulated for getting so lucky.

Yeah, same. Might sound extremely selfish but hey, unlike Harry's good ol' friend Arthur Landon, my father won't leave me with 250 million when he dies.
Old 08-27-2012, 07:19 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by tea-n-tiaras View Post
I believe that as long as the Royal Family receives tax dollars that there most certainly should be an expectation of a standard of behavior from them. They are basically ambassadors for Great Britain. Prince Harry is 3rd in line for the title Defender of the Faith and Supreme Governor of the Church of England. (Which are by the way are titles that I believe should be taken away by virtue of the fact that this family's morals make it hypocritical for them to keep those titles.)
Reading throught the rest of the thread, I saw that the issue you brought up about the Church of England has been addressed. However, I'd like to clarify the point again about the Royal Family receiving tax dollars. As Harry is the topic of this thread, I'd like to point out that he receives no monies from the taxpayers. His lifestyle is funded from his various inheritances, his military pay and the Prince of Wales. His protection officers which are funded by the taxpayers are with him 24/7 no matter where he goes and are primarily there to keep him secure... not babysit him. It would cost the taxpayer the same if he was partying in Vegas or running a race with Usain Bolt for one of his charities.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-27-2012, 07:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
On reading this, an old German joke comes to mind, which I'll try to translate:

A lady and a gentleman are sitting alone in a compartment of a train. The gentleman obviously likes what he sees and asks: I offer you a million of EUROs in case, will you have sexual relations with me? The lady thinks, and thinks and thinks, but finally she nods. He smiles at her and asks: If I offered you 20 EUROs, would you have agreed as well? The woman answers annoyed: Of course not. I'm a lady. And he replies cooly: we have already found out what you are, we are now into negotiations of the price you take for your services.
It's a matter of supply and demand I suppose... I don't really care either way. It's funny though how even when it comes to prostitutes (male or female) women are again judged more harshly. Gigolo's are given a smack on the back and a smirk and female prostitutes are treated worse than the average pig.
Same thing here in Harry-gate ().
Old 08-27-2012, 08:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
It's a matter of supply and demand I suppose... don't really care either way. It's funny though how even when it comes to prostitutes (male or female) women are again judged more harshly. Gigolo's are given a smack on the back and a smirk and female prostitutes are treated worse than the average pig.
Same thing here in Harry-gate
Yes, this has been mentioned here before. I see it here, it's all 'go harry', do your thing and a lot of chest beating. I wonder if it was a male who had took the photos, if he would also be receiving all the backlash, or if it would just be 'man , you broke the code, man' sort of thing.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Reading throught the rest of the thread, I saw that the issue you brought up about the Church of England has been addressed. However, I'd like to clarify the point again about the Royal Family receiving tax dollars. As Harry is the topic of this thread, I'd like to point out that he receives no monies from the taxpayers. His lifestyle is funded from his various inheritances, his military pay and the Prince of Wales. His protection officers which are funded by the taxpayers are with him 24/7 no matter where he goes and are primarily there to keep him secure... not babysit him. It would cost the taxpayer the same if he was partying in Vegas or running a race with Usain Bolt for one of his charities.
The Prince of Wales receives tax payer money through Grants- In - Aid which upkeep the palaces in which Prince Harry lives. And yes, the tax payers pay for a security team to keep him safe 24/7. So, the tax payers are paying to secure Prince Harry while he is partying in Vegas with total strangers and embarrassing himself, the Queen, and his country.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Courtier

I don't think these women who took and sold the pic are being judge too harshly. If this was anybody else other than Harry, law enforcement would be knocking on these women door. If this had happen to a female celebs we would be hearing about how the FBI was investigating this.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Courtier

And yet the British public doesn't seem to care or now think he's a legend.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea-n-tiaras
which upkeep the palaces in which Prince Harry lives.
AFAIK Henry doesn't live in a palace at the minute. Yes the taxpayer pays for his security, but they are there for his security not to babysit him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche
It's not that we don't care, I don't think we're fussed. Also, I haven't seen anyone refer to him as a legend.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Harry simply deserves what he got. It like crossing the street at red light and then complaining about being run over by a car.
I cant believe his lack of judgement or stupidity or carelessness after all the stuff he went through with the media in past years.
If he thinks he can have it all he will be proven wrong with time passing, I am sure. The day will come people are getting tired of the "lad" stories and they want Harry to deliver, both on and off the spotlight. Being a royal doesnt stop when entering a Las Vegas hotel. First Margaret, then Andrew and now Harry. Every Windsor generation seems to need the enfant terrible who cant cope with the senselessness of being born second or third.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Aristocracy

Whatever you think of Harry, the jokes about the incident have been bar none:

Prince Harry Vegas pictures: Wool doll aping photo appears next to Diamond Jubilee display | Mail Online
Old 08-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I am not one of the Americans who is outraged...I think it's all ridiculously overblown... but you don't seriously believe it's only us do you??

Have you checked out the responses from some of the readers of The Telegraph, The Daily Mail and the Guardian?? A few calling "bring on the Republic!" because they know what the 3rd in line's butt looks like??

Or how about Dickie Arbiter's hand wringing and opining that Harry should "never be left alone"...as if this 28 years old man was a cocker spaniel that hasn't been housebroken?

Maybe your disbelief should be directed closer to your own shores!
Oh please, you're taking some comments on a few newspaper websites as some kind of indication of the opinions of the British public?! Really?!

The Guardian is an out and out republican newspaper, as are the vast majority of its (dwindling) readership. They enjoy any opportunity, however tenuous, to have a dig at the royals.

Anyone who's spent any time even glancing through the comment sections of the Daily Mail and Telegraph websites would know instantly that they're largely populated by a bunch of dispicable, racist and sexist freaks. They go on about the Illuminati, whether the Queen's an alien, hoping that Prince Philip would finally pop his clogs, that the royals are some kind of freemason grandees who control the world economy, blah blah blah.

On top of that, the majority of people who visit those websites are not actually British. The comments on those articles are indicative of precisely nothing.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
AFAIK Henry doesn't live in a palace at the minute. Yes the taxpayer pays for his security, but they are there for his security not to babysit him.
I believe his current official London residence is Kensington Palace. And when on duty I assume he is living in some army related residence/barracks. My point was that his lifestyle is at least in part supported by tax payer money. The tax payer is supporting his lifestyle by keeping him secure in his reckless behavior. Therefore, the tax payer has every right to expect better behavior.

I don't believe I ever stated that security is "babysitting" him. Although their job is to keep him safe, I don't think they are there to be his moral chaperones. Interestingly, it seems from some of the articles I have read that some of his security team is participating with him in his exploits.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Given all else that's going on in the world with Syria,European banking meltdown Harry's night in Vegas isn't regarded as the end of humanity.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea-n-tiaras View Post
Although their job is to keep him safe, I don't think they are there to be his moral chaperones. Interestingly, it seems from some of the articles I have read that some of his security team is participating with him in his exploits.
I dont think its so much about morals but about security. Instead of camera phones, these girls could have carried weapons or drugs. Its beyond believe that the security guards didnt collect the phones or had a closer look at strangers being picked up on the street or bar or wherever to come to the suite to party.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:55 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tea-n-tiaras
Therefore, the tax payer has every right to expect better behavior.
Has the taxpayer said anything about expecting better behaviour?
This taxpayer issue reflects who's actually bothered by the Henry issues, the taxpayer doesn't seem that fussed. The newspapers have made a fuss cause they can, the sun printing pictures has caused issues. But nobody other than the usual DM comments are moaning. We've just taken it, accepted it and moved on.
Bigger issues to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade

I dont think its so much about morals but about security. Instead of camera phones, these girls could have carried weapons or drugs. Its beyond believe that the security guards didnt collect the phones or had a closer look at strangers being picked up on the street or bar or wherever to come to the suite to party.
Other than taking picture, which of course Henry had no idea would be published, why should security people take the phones of the people in the hotel room?
Drugs and weapons obviously,and I'm sure they would have been searched.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Has the taxpayer said anything about expecting better behaviour?
This taxpayer issue reflects who's actually bothered by the Henry issues, the taxpayer doesn't seem that fussed. The newspapers have made a fuss cause they can, the sun printing pictures has caused issues. But nobody other than the usual DM comments are moaning. We've just taken it, accepted it and moved on.
Bigger issues to worry about.

Other than taking picture, which of course Henry had no idea would be published, why should security people take the phones of the people in the hotel room?
Drugs and weapons obviously,and I'm sure they would have been searched.
And not even headline news,I think the big cat search in Essex is getting more attention than Prince Harry