The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2012, 08:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyoftheLake View Post
Prince Harry dumped by Cressida Bonas over naked hotel antics - Mirror Online

For Harry's sake I hope there isn't any more pics or videos yet to be seen out there.

If it's true, smart girl.

LaRae

Old 08-25-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post

The evidence thus far is that he has a serious issue with drinking - its been going on for years - so much so that his father sent him to rehab (we are told).
Didn't he go to rehab after the pot smoking incident to understand how smoking weed can lead to other drug behaviors? I don't recall ever hearing about him going to alcoholic rehab.

I think suggesting Harry is an alcoholic is a bit extreme. He does have poor judgment skills, but that is all. Like others have said, he wouldn't have passed his helicopter exams or have been allowed to train as a pilot if his drinking activities were a problem.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
Didn't he go to rehab after the pot smoking incident to understand how smoking weed can lead to other drug behaviors? I don't recall ever hearing about him going to alcoholic rehab.
Indeed. From what I recall, he wasn't sent because of an addiction or anything like that, but more to show him the dangers of drug use (after he got caught using pot, like you said).
Old 08-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Commoner

RAF Code of Conduct

Whining and complaining or otherwise ungentlemanly behavior will not be tolerated. We are not baby sitters here. Immaturity has no place here. Whether you are 12 or 72 you will act like an adult or you will be dismissed.

RESPECT, INTEGRITY, SERVICE AND EXCELLENCE What are the Core Values of the Royal Air Force ?
Core values are those values by which we lead our lives and which we aspire to develop in others.The Royal Air Force core values are: Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence, nurtured by effective and consistent leadership.These values, rooted in the moral and social development of our society over many generations, have a unifying function within the Royal Air Force and constitute the founding principles of our ethos as a warfighting Service. We have a tradition of overcoming adversity to deliver, through Air Power, exceptional results.
Good leadership is crucial to maintaining ethos. It inspires and underpins the values and capabilities of the Royal Air Force. History shows that good leadership at all levels can transform seemingly unwinnable situations into success. Every member of the Royal Air Force has the duty and ability to lead and the moral responsibility to live by our core values.
RESPECT. Service in the Royal Air Force is more than just loyalty to the Crown, military superiors, subordinates and comrades. It also involves the respect for others and a sense of pride. It flows from the duty to put others first and it means there is no place for prejudice or unlawful discrimination:
Quote:
Self-Respect. Self-respect means to have a proper sense of your own dignity and integrity.To have self-respect is to value yourself as a professional and as a human being, and underpins our attitudes to sexual behaviour, drugs and alcohol. People with self-respect have high personal standards of social behaviour and do not behave in ways that bring dis- credit upon themselves, their comrades, their unit or the Royal Air Force.
Mutual Respect. Respect for others permeates up and down the chain of command as well as among peers. Genuine respect involves viewing other people as individuals of genuine worth, regardless of their race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation or social background. Sometimes, respect for people is required by law. For example, in relation to an armed conflict, the Geneva Conventions require that we respect the dead, the wounded, civilians, prisoners of war and refugees. Service personnel must follow the law and maintain the highest of standards of decency and justice toward people at all times, even in the most difficult conditions.The need for decency, compassion and respect for others is increased by the conditions in which personnel may have to live and operate, particularly on operations.
Thou many-headed monster-thing, O who would wish to be thy king?--
Old 08-25-2012, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Gosh that article is sooo terribly awful. I mean, the way it's written and the content. Horrid attempt to be a journalist.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Serene Highness

The biggest problem I see for Harry is that whenever in the future he tries to do something serious or bring attention to a serious issue, the press will resurrect these photos, as these photos are now OUT THERE and will remain out there for ever.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
RAF Code of Conduct

RESPECT, INTEGRITY, SERVICE AND EXCELLENCE What are the Core Values of the Royal Air Force ?

I wonder though if these are the same core values in the British Army - which is the service in which Harry is serving?
Old 08-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I wonder though if these are the same core values in the British Army - which is the service in which Harry is serving?
Must admit I don't follow Harry that closely (I just knew he piloted a helicopter). Here is the correct one:

Armed Forces Code of Social Conduct: Policy Statement

1. This Code of Social Conduct explains the Armed Forces' policy on personal relationships involving Service personnel. It applies to all members of the Armed Forces regardless of their gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, race, religion, belief, ability, rank or status. The provisions apply equally to members of the Regular and the Reserve Forces. The Code of Social Conduct should be read in conjunction with the Ministry of Defence's Unified Diversity Strategy.

Quote:
2. In the area of personal relationships, the overriding operational imperative to sustain team cohesion and to maintain trust and loyalty between commanders and those they command imposes a need for standards of social behaviour that are more demanding than those required by society at large. Such demands are equally necessary during peacetime and on operations. Examples of behaviour that can undermine such trust and cohesion, and therefore damage the morale or discipline of a unit (and hence its operational effectiveness) include:
  • unwelcome sexual attention in the form of physical or verbal conduct
  • over-familiarity with the spouses, civil partners or partners of other Servic2. In the area of personal relationships, the overriding operational imperative to sustain team cohesion and to maintain trust and loyalty between commanders and those they command imposes a need for standards of social behaviour that are more demanding than those required by society at large. Such demands are equally necessary during peacetime and on operations. Examples of behaviour that can undermine such trust and cohesion, and therefore damage the morale or discipline of a unit (and hence its operational effectiveness) include:
  • Quote:
    displays of affection which might cause offence to others
  • behaviour which damages or puts at risk the marriage, civil partnership or personal relationships of Service personnel or civilian colleagues within the wider defence community
  • misuse of rank and taking advantage of subordinates
  • probing into a person's private life and relationships
It is important to acknowledge in the tightly knit military community a need for mutual respect and a requirement to avoid conduct which offends or causes distress to others. Each case will be judged on an individual basis.

3. It is not practicable to list every type of conduct that may constitute social misbehaviour. The seriousness with which misconduct will be regarded will depend on the individual circumstances and the potential for adversely affecting operational effectiveness and team cohesion. Nevertheless, misconduct involving abuse of position, trust or rank, or taking advantage of an individual's separation, will be viewed as being particularly serious.

Quote:
4. Unacceptable social conduct requires prompt and positive action to prevent damage. Timely advice and informal action can often prevent a situation developing to the point where it could:
  • impact adversely on third parties; and/or
  • impair the effectiveness of a Service individual or unit
  • result in damage to corporate image or reputation
However, on occasion it may be appropriate to proceed directly to formal administrative or disciplinary action. Such action is always to be proportionate to the seriousness of the misconduct. It may constitute a formal warning, official censure, the re-assignment of one or more of the parties involved or disciplinary action. In particularly serious cases, or where an individual persists with, or has a history of acts of social misconduct, formal disciplinary or administrative action may be taken, which might lead to termination of service.

[QUOTE]The Service Test

5. When considering possible cases of social misconduct, and in determining whether the Service has a duty to intervene in the personal lives of its personnel, Commanding Officers at every level must consider each case against the following Service Test:

"Have the actions or behaviour of an individual adversely impacted or are they likely to impact on the efficiency or operational effectiveness of the Service?"

This Service Test lies at the heart of the Armed Forces' Code of Social Conduct; it is equally applicable to all forms of conduct, including behaviour while not on duty. In assessing whether to take action, Commanding Officers will consider a series of key criteria. This will establish the seriousness of the misconduct and its impact on operational effectiveness and thus the appropriate and proportionate level of sanction. Each of the Services has its own statement on values and standards.[/QUOTE]

Diversity Impact Assessment

This policy does not discriminate on grounds of race, ethnic origin, religion, belief, sexual orientation or social background. Neither does it discriminate on grounds of gender, disability or age, insofar as the legislation applies to the Armed Forces. The Diversity Impact Assessment is held by the "Code of Social Conduct" Policy sponsor.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Majesty

Harry faces 'dressing down' from commanding officer - Telegraph

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Serene Highness

I would break into guffaws if I had to address him as "Your Royal Highness".

But I don't think he's an alcoholic in the sense of having an irresistable craving because that
would keep him out of the service.

What he has is an extreme sensitivity to alcohol. If he drinks it, he goes bananas, loses his judgment.
Not something a royal highness should do.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
The biggest problem I see for Harry is that whenever in the future he tries to do something serious or bring attention to a serious issue, the press will resurrect these photos, as these photos are now OUT THERE and will remain out there for ever.
It makes complaints about Kate's 'unroyal' behavior and 'common' inability to understand aristocratic ways a bit ludicrous. I think a ballon just got popped.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
I think these photos will be a footnote, true...but I can't see them obliterating anything serious he chooses to do for the remainder of his life.

I just don't see it happening.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:39 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I think these photos will be a footnote, true...but I can't see them obliterating anything serious he chooses to do for the remainder of his life.

I just don't see it happening.

What it does mean is that if Harry wishes to continue being a helicopter pilot in the Army he is going to have to watch how he projects himself to others. He does binge drink (alcohol abuse) and now he certainly can't afford to do that (if there is a chance of someone taking a photo) or make that nekkid mistake again (for as long as he is in the Army).
Old 08-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Serene Highness

Just my opinion. Remember he lost his mother at a vulnerable time in his life. He really hasn't had a firm feminine hand to guide him. Camilla has already raised her kids, Charles has backed off, so what do you expect? I think Diana would have said: "Stop being an idiot."
Sadly he hasn't had that guidance. William seemed to learn from an early age that he was going to be a big cheese one day.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
What it does mean is that if Harry wishes to continue being a helicopter pilot in the Army he is going to have to watch how he projects himself to others. He does binge drink (alcohol abuse) and now he certainly can't afford to do that (if there is a chance of someone taking a photo) or make that nekkid mistake again (for as long as he is in the Army).
I know what you mean and I agree. He has a milestone birthday coming up in about two years, now is the time for sober reflection.(no pun intended)

The trick is for him to mature and use better judgement, but not to lose any of the charm and exuberant warmth that makes him so popular with people, imo.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I know what you mean and I agree. He has a milestone birthday coming up in about two years, now is the time for sober reflection.(no pun intended)

The trick is for him to mature and use better judgement, but not to lose any of the charm and exuberant warmth that makes him so popular with people, imo.

The Code of Social Conduct should be read in conjunction with the Ministry of Defence's Unified Diversity Strategy:

GUIDING PRINCIPLES IN CREATING AN ENVIRONMENT THAT PROMOTES DIGNITY, RESPECT AND THE ELIMINATION OF BULLYING AND HARASSMENT
The Ministry of Defence will create an environment that promotes dignity, respect and fairness for all and is free from harassment and bullying, where being a member of the Armed Forces or Ministry of Defence Civil Service brings with it the right to be treated fairly and with dignity and respect, because:
All leaders champion dignity, respect, fairness and the prevention of harassment.
Quote:
All personnel are alert and sensitive to the risk of offending. All personnel understand the need and are able to ‘find the line’.
All personnel challenge harassment and inappropriate behaviour early to ‘nip it in the bud’.
Every Serviceman and woman acts in accordance with Core Values and Standards.
All complaints are dealt with swiftly and effectively. All personnel are aware of the impact of harassment and react quickly
and positively when challenged. Careers are impeded where shortfalls in behaviour occur. All interactions should build a positive team ethos.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I think it has everything to do with what one brings to the table as a propensity - in how one interprets opinions one is not comfortable with - than any objective 'tone'. Tone is a very subjective judgement. I have certainly experienced as an observer and as a recipient objective content getting ott and very personal responses. Interpreting the tone of a text starts a slippery slope imo.

Could not have said it better myself. Warren I'll respond to you later, I just came home from a party, and my brain is mush right now.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:05 AM
Royal Highness

Have Prince Harry's naked high-jinks in Sin City cost him his latest girlfriend? | Mail Online

Nobody so far has reacted to my thoughts that Harry wanted to put the media off articles that he should get married soon.

But now I read this artilce and see several things that make me curious:

- normally the friends of the Royals don't talk. Here we had Alex van Straubenzee talk to the BBC, we had other friends of Harry talking openly, now we hear of Cressida's side of the story. A lot of talking going on when it would be better to say nothing and let time do their healing work.

- the article said Harry and Cressida became some sort of item on Necker and that she thought she had a future with him. If so, then Harry's behaviour was really humiliating to her. That's something I don't believe Harry would do if he had no real good reason-

- reason could either be that she hunted him down and he was afraid to get cought in the same trap as his father by his mother: media pushing for marriage to a girl only too willing to accept that help.

- Or they decided it was a good strategy to buy time for them. Remember William's pics where he played with the boobs of some barmaids? It was written that was the reason why Catherine threw him out - only to get back together after some short months, but without the media pushing for a marriage. Maybe Harry tried the same play but overplayed it.

Any thoughts about this?
Old 08-26-2012, 05:05 AM
Gentry

I think it is unlikely that Harry would do it intentionally. Well, if it's really the case, I would definitely cast serious doubts on his decision-making and judgement skills. And frankly, he was not really pressurised to marry before the incident. I thought the press was hoping more for a Cambridge baby.

Anyway, one Mirror article has the reason straight from the royal's mouth:

“He shouted loudly ‘I am going away so this my last chance to party. So that is what I am doing’.

Prince Harry dumped by Cressida Bonas over naked hotel antics - Mirror Online
Old 08-26-2012, 05:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
“He shouted loudly ‘I am going away so this my last chance to party. So that is what I am doing’.[/url]
This is what I thought would be the reason for his big party. I think he will leave for Afghanistan pretty soon.