The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Nobility

My mother is 72 and could care less about the pictures, although she said he looked cute - lol
There should be a law preventing people to take pictures of anyone against their will inside their private property. The person to be condemned is the girl who took the pictures. Her picture should be printed all over internet, although those kind of people would probably think the publicity is good for them.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I live in Vegas and I miss the party !hahaha! well it is all kind of people visiting here the main reason s gambling, and wild parties it is not necsary the main thing here , you would be stunt to know that some people flight in private jets just to gamble around 10 millon dollars in a week end! this is discusting for me! all that waist of money! now he being a royal wasn't smart what he did but is his private life and he will have to deal with it!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi
I am beginning to realize that some people still have quite Victorian notions about sexuality - something I don't encounter in my day to day life. I have relatives I rarely hear from on Facebook who are upset about this incident and in general they couldn't care less about royals. But something about sexuality gets people worked up, whereas the fact that someone is participating in (for example) a war, is perfectly fine with them.

I'll never understand it.
I agree. The girl who took and sold the photos was absolutely wrong. But partying au natural? Hey, if you have it flaunt it! LOL

Old 08-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Serene Highness

I have to disagree with you ashelen. Vegas has always been known as party central. In the 50s it was the place to be. Gambling, parties, drinks. The time of the rat pack. As time went on it just got more extravagent, more over the top. It was always known as the adult playground in the middle of the desert, sin city, fantasy land. It has always attracted big money and has taken from people with no money. Vegas has her way of whispering to you "anything you want is here". Its a place of excess, a place where you can have anything you want for a price. Unfortunately Harry got pulled in to her and it cost him.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

I'm sure this will not go down well here, but i'm gonna say it anyway lol.

Harry was careless, the girl saw an opportunity and she took it, right or wrong. That is the way of the world today, love it or hate it. There are a whole lot of people in this crazy mixed up world who would applaud her the same way they would applaud Harry.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Majesty

I'm in agreement with this article:
You're a grown man, Harry -- so act like one - Analysis, Opinion - Independent.ie

This may have been posted, and I apologize for that:
So what were Prince Harry's minders doing while royal cavorted naked in Las Vegas hotel? Bodyguards to be quizzed - UK - News - Evening Standard

Wow...that's a lot of complaints:
850 complain to PCC over The Sun's Prince Harry naked photos - Press - Media - The Independent

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with you cdngirl. These girls were out for more than just a pool party. They were given an opportunity to party with a Prince, something they could only dream about at any other time in thier life. They took it and ran with it and you are right, what young woman would not take advantage of that? unfortunately there are tabloids out there just waiting to pay a pretty penny for any and all pictures of famous people whether in compromising positions or not. To a young girl it could mean a college fund or a new car or rent etc.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I agree with you cdngirl. These girls were out for more than just a pool party. They were given an opportunity to party with a Prince, something they could only dream about at any other time in thier life. They took it and ran with it and you are right, what young woman would not take advantage of that? unfortunately there are tabloids out there just waiting to pay a pretty penny for any and all pictures of famous people whether in compromising positions or not. To a young girl it could mean a college fund or a new car or rent etc.
In some ways the girl who sold the photo was just the messenger.

I do believe that what she did was crass, however.

There are a few people there whose conduct was disappointing, to say the least.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I just hope that none of these 'ladies' will get pregnant and try to spin it off as if Harry could be the father. I have a feeling that these are the types of girls that were in the room that night. Not good, indeed.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdngirl View Post
I'm sure this will not go down well here, but i'm gonna say it anyway lol.

Harry was careless, the girl saw an opportunity and she took it, right or wrong. That is the way of the world today, love it or hate it. There are a whole lot of people in this crazy mixed up world who would applaud her the same way they would applaud Harry.
The people in the room who took pictures were wrong, no doubt, but putting all of the blame on them in this situation would be like walking into a bear den covered in raw meat and then blaming the bears for biting you.

Harry has the ultimate responsibility for how he wants to present himself as a person. For me, the issue is not what Harry's done - I couldn't care less if he wanted to play strip billiards with all of Vegas and a herd of goats. But expecting those sorts of things to remain private in this day and age - especially if he's doing them in a room filled with strangers and their camera phones - is ridiculous.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:02 PM
Serene Highness

Well you cant tell me that after barely meeting these girls they would be sworn to secrecy. He, Harry, made a horrible mistake in even allowing these girls to go with them to his suite. His friends were also to blame for inviting these girls in the first place. I mean really, do you think they took the girls aside and made them promise not to reveal anything? " now young ladies, you must swear in blood that you will not reveal any of this to anyone including the press and you swear you will not take photos of anything indecent that might happen." And then they all just believed in these girls? My goodness, how gullable indeed.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I just hope that none of these 'ladies' will get pregnant and try to spin it off as if Harry could be the father. I have a feeling that these are the types of girls that were in the room that night. Not good, indeed.
If that's true then what does that say about Harry and his friends?
Old 08-24-2012, 04:08 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
Nothing good there, either. Let's hope no child was conceived that night, for the sake of the child.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peach View Post
Nothing good there, either. Let's hope no child was conceived that night, for the sake of the child.
My thoughts exactly.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Dam, perish the thought. I can't believe that scenario never entered my head. Wow! Oh let me wrap my mind around this....thinking. Ok Harry was foolish and brainless, but that brainless? Nope, I'm gonna give ole Harry 10 points for not being that brainless lol.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Commoner

(edited to say I wouldn't have bothered typing the below since the posts above weren't there when I brought up the reply screen)

Oh how the tables have turned. Years ago fellows that had a party like that took pictures of the ladies for their amusement (and to share/show off to their buddies afterwards). One item that people continually fail to mention is that these ladies weren't *close* friends of Harry......they were all strangers to each other.

At parties like what Harry held picture taking can occur.....even if one isn't Royal. Alcohol can loosen many inhibitions that one deeply regrets later (and the pics captured of Harry's face when the reporter was speaking to him certainly shows that) . Years ago I remember one fellow showing pics, taken by his roommates, like what was taken of Harry (only he was pointing out the risks of those types of parties).

Harry, at 27 and a Royal, knows better.......a 19/20 year old can be excused but a 27 year old (and in his position). I really don't feel sorry for Harry.
Thou many-headed monster-thing, O who would wish to be thy king?--
Old 08-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, if a pregnancy did occur, it wouldn't be difficult to prove, either way.

I'm getting ready for my weekend, but I'm going to Atlantic City.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Please don't let us see your name front paged on a tabloid lmao.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:43 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Well, if a pregnancy did occur, it wouldn't be difficult to prove, either way.

Don't forget your camera!
Old 08-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Serene Highness

In a nutshell

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
This is what this incident says about Harry and his friends: they are willing to put themselves in highly-charged sexual situations with total strangers.

Even if nothing untoward happens (drinking related 911 call, false or accurate accusals of rape, STDs- people who have sex with strangers are having sex with people who have sex with other strangers, pregnancy, fighting over partners, injuries, noise complaints to management, pictures on the internet, blackmail, extortion), the fact remains that what is going on is an orgy or an orgy-resembling situation.

Now if my son gets caught up in a situation like that, well, almost no one will know about it, and almost no one will care. However, he would still be a person who is vulnerable to all the other things I listed.

What kind of a person- a person who is closely related to a majestic and historic enterprise, and to a majestic and elderly woman who is having a landmark career year and who is greatly concerned with her spouse's health- what kind of person- at the age of 28ish- is unable to think about anything but his libido and seeking thrills?

Sadly, Harry is that kind of person. No sense of noblesse oblige (whoever claims to be noble must conduct himself nobly.). No thoughts about what would Granny think. No pride in his elevated position- he closed the Olympics-he's adored by his countrymen- he's admired by his brother and his father. No thought about whether his actions reflect well on the Army. No thought about how a future wife would view such a wild evening...

I am no prude. I was a soldier in the cultural revolution! A few times I found myself in dicey circumstances, and that part of my mind which was still working said, get youself outta here! The thought that my father could learn about what I was doing- or that a child of mine would- gave me the strength not to give in to such sordid behavior.

Harry is not a bad guy. But incidents like this make him seem a little creepy. And he is very close to the throne, at least until he has nephews and/or nieces.

Henry- clean up your act while you can.