The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Did you look at the photos? I rest my case...
unfortunately , damn my twitter app

I am ok with public nudity, where is a consent from person involved,but this case is violation of normal manners

Old 08-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

LOL, too funny Tyger !!!
You might go to Costa Del Sol or Ibiza or Mykonos or even Brighton if you want to see a really blow out party. Lots of drinking/dancing/partying/nudity. Great fun, although I do believe similar parties can even happen in several areas of the US (New Orleans has already been pointed out by American posters as a great place to party)

Old 08-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Commoner

I think two tours in afgan and he will be ok.....
Old 08-24-2012, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
It winds up being about being so blotto drunk that someone is unable to exercise normal cautions regarding themselves.
Agreed! This to me, is the real issue of the matter.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This is now reached the point where I'd recommend a time out if possible for this thread. I know it won't happen but "if only". Cultural differences are really apparent and individual moral codes are taking centre stage. Just my opinion.

I just looked at the news.
At least nine people shot at randomly in NY City - that's more important
Greece in economic meltdown - way more important to Europe
And if you want a royal story, Prince Philip is not attending the Paralympics opening ceremony.
It's not CULTURAL differences, it is mostly generational, although there are some younger Conservatives on this site. Thanks for pointing out there are more important things going on. Nekkid Harry has nothing to do with any of those things. Harry is amusement, laughable, helpless and hapless.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta

It's not CULTURAL differences, it is mostly generational, although there are some younger Conservatives on this site. Thanks for pointing out there are more important things going on. Nekkid Harry has nothing to do with any of those things. Harry is amusement, laughable, helpless and hapless.
I agree, but this is a royal forum. And this is the biggest royal story of the week. And they were kinda scandalous pics. And we are talking about the guy who's third in line to the British throne. And I had to see these pictures while trying not to spit my morning coffee all over my dog, furniture and husband.

So, let's acknowledge that it's totally reasonable that lots of people would have an opinion...
Old 08-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Opinions are fine, as long as they don't tread all over mine.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
If other, younger, members of the royal family had pictures published of themselves naked there would be issues. If it was Beatrice or Eugenie I think we can imagine the comments, William and Catherine would be a different matter. They are the golden couple of public life, they might just be forgiven but I doubt it.
And I think this is one of my problems with this whole thing. This, "he's only having fun" attitude only extends to the males. A female royal wouldn't be able to get away with it. I mean as it is, they can't even go to engagements without someone commenting on the length of their skirts or whether their blouse is too low.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This is now reached the point where I'd recommend a time out if possible for this thread. I know it won't happen but "if only". Cultural differences are really apparent and individual moral codes are taking centre stage. Just my opinion.

I just looked at the news.
At least nine people shot at randomly in NY City - that's more important
Greece in economic meltdown - way more important to Europe
And if you want a royal story, Prince Philip is not attending the Paralympics opening ceremony.
Any one of us are free to take a timeout from this thread and go to others we consider more important.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Courtier

I would say the shock is less moral and more about "common sense"...
Old 08-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Precisely.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:47 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
And I think this is one of my problems with this whole thing. This, "he's only having fun" attitude only extends to the males. A female royal wouldn't be able to get away with it. I mean as it is, they can't even go to engagements without someone commenting on the length of their skirts or whether their blouse is too low.
Now that I agree with, particularly in regards to Beatrice and Eugenie. People would be unforgiving in all aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmen View Post
I think two tours in afgan and he will be ok.....
He's done one, one more to go and he should be fine and dandy.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Serene Highness

I am beginning to realize that some people still have quite Victorian notions about sexuality - something I don't encounter in my day to day life. I have relatives I rarely hear from on Facebook who are upset about this incident and in general they couldn't care less about royals. But something about sexuality gets people worked up, whereas the fact that someone is participating in (for example) a war, is perfectly fine with them.

I'll never understand it.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Some people are definitely looking at it this way, Zembia - and I too think he had a little glitch in that area, but that's why people go to Vegas!

From my point of view, it's possible to be overly concerned with common sense, and it's likely that the young royals have been expected to be very very sensible. It's natural to want to just go outside the bounds of common sense and have a party.

Now, if we hear he was having unsafe sex or a little royal baby shows up in Vegas next year, I will certainly doubt his common sense in general.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Exactly! Hit the nail on the head. I am Harry's generation, and that is exactly where I am at this. Just plain common sense.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Boris has his own take on the matter:

Tatler@TatlerUK
“The real scandal would be if you went all the way to Las Vegas and you didn’t misbehave in some trivial way" - Boris on Harrygate
Retweeted by Tom Parker Bowles
Old 08-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
The Guardian has a story today with a PR guy saying one of the girls who sold the pics approached him, and she also had video. We'll see what happens there...
Well, I'm hoping that someone got/gets a picture of her to be splashed all over the internet and television and newspapers. It would be good to see what a true sleaze bag looks like.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Opinions are fine, as long as they don't tread all over mine.
How very true. People on here seem to really get upset when a members opinion doesn't agree with theirs. Quite immature, actually.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Thats a good one! Yes where are the pics of this brilliant up and coming starlett of Vegas? I would also love to see what she looks like. Im sure she is the talk of Vegas right now. Her friends are all envious because she was the "chosen one". Oooh, we should all be so lucky, dont you think?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Nobility

Me thinks the chosen one isn't the one who made the photo's as she's in them. Perhaps this was a jealous friend???