The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Serene Highness

Support him? How can he support his little brother? Tell him its o.k. and it will all blow over? Tell him to next time be more careful? Oh I know, he will say, "Harry dear brother do NOT ever invite people to your room when you are in Vegas unless you have made sure ALL phones have been confiscated and everyone has had a pat down, purse check, etc. And for goodness sake keep your clothes on next time! " If that is what he will do then I dont know what to say. Again the family comforting poor Harry and telling him its o.k. Really? I was kind of hoping for more the brotherly " hey whats wrong with you? Have you lost your mind?".

Old 08-24-2012, 01:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Support him? How can he support his little brother? Tell him its o.k. and it will all blow over? Tell him to next time be more careful? Oh I know, he will say, "Harry dear brother do NOT ever invite people to your room when you are in Vegas unless you have made sure ALL phones have been confiscated and everyone has had a pat down, purse check, etc. And for goodness sake keep your clothes on next time! " If that is what he will do then I dont know what to say. Again the family comforting poor Harry and telling him its o.k. Really? I was kind of hoping for more the brotherly " hey whats wrong with you? Have you lost your mind?".
I think Wills' support may come in the way of being able to relate, not necessarily tell Harry that what he did was OK. Anyhow, this article (and I don't know how reliable it is) gives a little bit of Prince Charles' reaction:

Prince Harry naked Vegas pictures: Prince Charles orders embarrassed son to lie low - Mirror Online

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:04 AM
Majesty

Exactly. People who are leaders have a responsibility to those they lead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
For anyone who deals with children - like teachers - there is something called 'moral turpitude' in the US.

It's a bit twisted around that you would be 'insulted' by a child who holds you to a high ideal.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle
There are plenty of people in Harry's life whose responsibility it is to tell Harry what he did wrong and what he should have done. His brother, who knows him better than anyone, will be the one telling him whatever Harry needs to hear. Maybe it will be telling him it will all blow over and just being there for him. Harry knows he messed up, and he knows he as disappointed his family and his responsibilities. everyone needs someone in their corner when their world is crashing down on them. For Harry I believe that person will be william.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:15 AM
Serene Highness

But thats what Im saying Daria. Thats it? Lie low and keep out of site? Thats pretty lame if you ask me. As for the body guard thing, I think they should also be in trouble even though they say they did nothing wrong. As for his so called friends, well thats another story. So apparently Harry has suffered enough because of embarassment?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:17 AM
Majesty

I have full sympathy for AIDs orphans, believe me. The best defense against being an AIDs orphan is having parents who are sexually faithful to each other. Behaviour such as Harry's (getting naked and liquored up) with women he had recently met is the kind of behaviour that can lead to the spread of disease and unintended pregnancy. I'm not suggesting that Harry was sexually intimate with the women in the room, but I am suggesting that reckless sexual behavior is more likely to take place under those conditions than if people were sitting around sober and fully clothed. Someone who is publicly against the effects of AIDS shouldn't engage in behaviour that could potentially lead to the spread of it.

[QUOTE=NGalitzine;1454509]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
If you were a kid living in Lesotho, one of the poorest nations in the world, where half the population suffer from HIV AIDS I suspect you would be rather greatful for any help that came your way.
Old 08-24-2012, 02:20 AM
Royal Highness

I thinbk this is more a media scandal than a real one.Or does anyone think this is the first time Harry partied naked or semi-naked on a hot day in a hot town?
Old 08-24-2012, 02:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
But thats what Im saying Daria. Thats it? Lie low and keep out of site? Thats pretty lame if you ask me. As for the body guard thing, I think they should also be in trouble even though they say they did nothing wrong. As for his so called friends, well thats another story. So apparently Harry has suffered enough because of embarassment?
I think there ought to be more consequences, but I have a feeling there probably won't be (unless his military superiors choose to take some sort of action). I'll tell you this; if he were my son, he'd be in a lot of trouble, because there's no reason for anyone to behave in this manner. His PPOs are not his babysitters, and shouldn't have to make sure he makes mature decisions, so in my eyes, they're not to blame. If he needs someone to remind him how to behave appropriately, then he's not ready to be doing any sort of representing of anything or anyone. I doubt that this is the first time Harry has partied totally or partially nude, but it is the first time that anyone outside of those present saw the evidence. If he wants to spend his free time in that fashion, that's his business and choice, but he should be intelligent enough to make sure it stays between the people at the gathering only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I have full sympathy for AIDs orphans, believe me. The best defense against being an AIDs orphan is having parents who are sexually faithful to each other. Behaviour such as Harry's (getting naked and liquored up) with women he had recently met is the kind of behaviour that can lead to the spread of disease and unintended pregnancy. I'm not suggesting that Harry was sexually intimate with the women in the room, but I am suggesting that reckless sexual behavior is more likely to take place under those conditions than if people were sitting around sober and fully clothed. Someone who is publicly against the effects of AIDS shouldn't engage in behaviour that could potentially lead to the spread of it.
I'm seeing this as an example of 'do as I say, but not as I do'-type of behavior, and it's rather hypocritical and well, disgusting, but that's just my view, of course. Also, I'm very interested to know why so many consider what Harry did as 'acceptable' and 'normal', when it's neither. It just tells me that our society holds little to nothing sacred, and things like committed romantic relationships are becoming very difficult for younger generations to understand. Harry's not being a good role model to anyone with a stunt like this, and it's rather sad.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
I think William will be sympathetic if you want to know the truth. He may tease him for getting caught out and remind him not to trust strangers (Circle of Trust and all that), but if anyone knows what Harry is going through it's William. I don't think he will lecture him. Doesn't seem the type to me.

William tease Harry? It would be a little hypocritical don´t you think so? He better mind his in-laws reputation.

Ok, Harry did a stupid thing, but I find some cirticism a bit harsh. I feel sorry for this guy for the way the scandal is being sold. He is to blame, but I wonder how many times did it happen and if he has a problem with drinking. His family had better mind this issue if they care about him.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

its one thing to party hard and pay for it, but another one to do it on somebody else's expense. Especially as a royal, one should not accept such favours or freebees because there is always the question, what does this person get in return, in this case priceless advertisement. Harrry has a job and is rich in his own right because of his inheritance, why on earth does he jet around the world as a freeloader? And instead of blaming the girl who took the pics one should rather ask the question about Prince Harry's judgement.

Looking at the comments, under these circumstances the opinion quickly turns negative since it becomes Andrew-ish behaviour and Harry turning into another Andrew is something that will tarnish the image of the monarchy, no matter how popular Harry and his "laddish behaviour" might have been at times.
'When Prince Harry is in Vegas, he stays at the Wynn': How billionaire hotelier waived the £30,000 bill | Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...imal-late.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aving-fun.html

After the sparkling jubilee and the Olympics, what a disservice from Harry. Its like gone from peoples minds, having held the naked pics into their faces. Its like two steps forward for the whole family and now 5 steps back.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:54 AM
Gentry

But the hard truth is....the general UK public accepts Harry's behaviour. His "just like any other lad" behaviour is gaining him many sympathies and support. Apparently, he is a "legend" now. It is very interesting IMO. It makes me wonder how exactly Harry and the royal family is being perceived by the public. If this happens on the other popular RF members (like William & Kate), how will the reaction be like? Most importantly, does the UK public actually like to see their royal family partying, showing off naked bodies? Maybe our friends from UK can enlighten us on this?
Old 08-24-2012, 04:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
So - was my question deleted, moved or I just can't find it? They're saying over at the DM that if you live in England you can't see the Harry pics anywhere - if you try to go to a site like TMZ instead of the pictures you get a message that they aren't available in your country. Does anyone live in England? I didn't know it was even technologically possible to do that.

I kind of feel sorry for the poor guy the Sun used as their "naked Harry model". I'm picturing some red-haired intern, roughly Harry's height, second day on the job who was told "Ok, we need to to pretend to be Harry for a picture. Take off you clothes!"
It happens all the time when one tries to access BBC video clips. Even happens on YouTube. You have to know how to get around the block to see the sites where the pictures are located - not something a lot of people know how to do.

The 'naked Harry model' is dark-haired - looks nothing like Harry, the pose is just similar. I saw it on NBC News tonight - where the news anchor reported the story about 'the wealthy prince' 'with an impressive benefits package'. As someone said the whole thing is being reported as a joke - along with the block of the pictures in the UK. It seemed that the British newspaper is going to show only one of the pictures - is that the case? It's the 'second' picture that's really sleazy. Will be interesting to see if they print that one.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:58 AM
Serene Highness

Duke, thank you and well said. I rest my case. Thank you Harry for a wonderful ending to what was a joyful and wonderful 2 years. We saw your brother marry, and we celebrated a wonderful diamond jubilee for your lovely grandmother after 60 years of unselfish service to her people. We had the joy of seeing you represent your grandmother during her jubilee and your appearance at the Olympics and now the icing on the cake-we all had the dubious honour of seeing your white bum. Brilliant and Cheers. :)
Old 08-24-2012, 05:09 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
One of the girls he invited took the photo and sold them to TMZ. They were the ones to break the story.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
So - was my question deleted, moved or I just can't find it? They're saying over at the DM that if you live in England you can't see the Harry pics anywhere - if you try to go to a site like TMZ instead of the pictures you get a message that they aren't available in your country. Does anyone live in England? I didn't know it was even technologically possible to do that.
I live in England and i've been able to see them from day one, we're not banned from seeing them. This is not Soviet Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post

I just hope his security people are not made scapegoats for Harry's idiocy. Their job is to protect the prince from physical harm, not from his own stupidity and recklessness.
His security won't be made scapegoats, because they were having just as good a time as Henry. There are some decent pictures of those guys as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Wow, the morality police and pop psychologists are really out in full force and for some odd reason they largely seem to be from outside the UK.
My thinking exactly, through this entire thread it's the same people over and over again calling out Harry's stupidity. We heard. Woo.

Quote:
Oh I know, he will say, "Harry dear brother do NOT ever invite people to your room when you are in Vegas unless you have made sure ALL phones have been confiscated and everyone has had a pat down, purse check, etc. And for goodness sake keep your clothes on next time! " If that is what he will do then I dont know what to say. Again the family comforting poor Harry and telling him its o.k. Really? I was kind of hoping for more the brotherly " hey whats wrong with you? Have you lost your mind?".
Sorry but the only hard talk he's going to get, I imagine, is from his grandmother. William and Harry are close, he'll probably get a pat on the back and a good old natter about the fun he had. The same as any other brotherly relationship I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
It makes me wonder how exactly Harry and the royal family is being perceived by the public. If this happens on the other popular RF members (like William & Kate), how will the reaction be like? Most importantly, does the UK public actually like to see their royal family partying, showing off naked bodies? Maybe posters from UK can enlighten us on this?
My opinion is that everyone is a young adult once, Charles and Andrew have both had their misgivings. This family isn't clean by any means. There are a minority, the posters who comment on DM articles constantly, who want the RF gone because they are leechers or the taxpayers money. There are people who can balance out the views from both sides, and then there are the true royalists.

If other, younger, members of the royal family had pictures published of themselves naked there would be issues. If it was Beatrice or Eugenie I think we can imagine the comments, William and Catherine would be a different matter. They are the golden couple of public life, they might just be forgiven but I doubt it.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I guess if you ask young boys in school these days what profession they want to pursue later in life they will say "a prince like Harry" - sorry not possible, born into the wrong family - second option will be "harry's security officer". what a great life those guys must have!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I guess if you ask young boys in school these days what profession they want to pursue later in life they will say "a prince like Harry" - sorry not possible, born into the wrong family - second option will be "harry's security officer". what a great life those guys must have!
Totally disagree, most young boys in school, particularly the ones I went to school with have no idea who Prince Henry is. I'm 19 and at university, most of the boys I know have had their careers planned since the end of high school at 16.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:26 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Totally disagree, most young boys in school, particularly the ones I went to school with have no idea who Prince Henry is. I'm 19 and at university, most of the boys I know have had their careers planned since the end of high school at 16.
I am shocked. They don't know their royal family!?
I guess sometimes the picture being painted in royal forums are very different from reality.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
I am shocked. They don't know their royal family!?
These days, you could probably pick out The Queen in a line of pictures, other than that I doubt they'd recognise anyone. Maybe Diana if you were old enough in 1997. William and Catherine are likely to be recognised if you watched the wedding.

Unless you're a follower of royals there's just not a great amount of coverage.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Harry might become to William what Margaret was to the queen, the only difference is that we all get to know about it
Old 08-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Harry is one of the most recognisable people in the UK and you'll go a long way to find someone who wouldn't be able to recognise him.

The amount of holier-than-thou preaching that's going on in this thread is quite unbelievable. What exactly did Harry do wrong? He made a silly decision to invite a few people he didn't know back to his hotel room. That's it. He did nothing illegal, and certainly nothing that millions of people his age, and older, won't be doing this weekend.

The woman who took the photos and sold them for personal gain, against the wishes of the people she was with and within a hotel room in which everyone has a reasonable expectation of privacy, is the person who should be ashamed here.

A 28-year-old man made a silly mistake when he'd had a few drinks - shock horror! Even the royals are human. We can't expect them to be paragons of virtue, we've all seen the problems the RF have had trying to live up to some sort of fairytale, perfect family image. It's totally unrealistic to expect these people to be picture perfect role models. All we have the right to expect is that they fulfill their constitutional duties in an effective manner. No more, no less.