The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-23-2012, 11:45 PM
Serene Highness

And Im sorry but this Arthur Landon guy who supposedly is Harrys friend is a total loser. Friend, yeah right. Such a sob story. Boo Hoo. He sure didnt try to do anything about this so called girl. He was there, oh my bad, maybe he was too stoned to comprehend what was happening at the time. Sorry, I think this guy is a complete dodo bird. Like HE didnt know this would happen? Just a bunch of unknowns in a room and these guys thinking everyone in the room is going to cross thier hearts and pinky promise not to reveal anything that goes on? Really? Talk about naive.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=Mermaid1962;1454497] What about all the children who are helped by Harry's charitable works? Are they going to think, "When I grow up, I want to be a partyer like Prince Harry?"

QUOTE]

I suspect the children of Lesotho who benefit from Sentebele are more concerned about getting food, clothing and education than they are about there Patrons holiday in Vegas. Lets try and keep things in their proper perspective shall we.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:50 PM
Commoner

Uh oh – now I've done it: Prince Harry pictured moments after photos of his naked Vegas romp hit the internet (but he's still got a hug for a mystery blonde)
Read more: Prince Harry pictured moments after photos of his naked Vegas romp hit the internet | Mail Online

The pics of his expressions in the above article are very telling. It truly is a shame that he doesn't have the above revelations ahead of time.
Thou many-headed monster-thing, O who would wish to be thy king?--
Old 08-23-2012, 11:52 PM
Serene Highness

O.k. Moving on, I would now like to see the outcome of this situation. Lets hope Harry realizes there are alot of people depending on him for not only his charity work but for his ability to be a role model for youth. Thats all.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:56 PM
Majesty

All I know is that if I were a young person with Harry as a patron, I'd feel let down. That's my perspective, and I have as much right to my opinion as you do.

[QUOTE=NGalitzine;1454501]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
What about all the children who are helped by Harry's charitable works? Are they going to think, "When I grow up, I want to be a partyer like Prince Harry?"

QUOTE]

I suspect the children of Lesotho who benefit from Sentebele are more concerned about getting food, clothing and education than they are about there Patrons holiday in Vegas. Lets try and keep things in their proper perspective shall we.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
All I know is that if I were a young person with Harry as a patron, I'd feel let down. That's my perspective, and I have as much right to my opinion as you do.
I know you were addressing NGalitzine, but I just want to say if one of the children of my charity would use this against me and ignore everything I've ever done for him or her, then I would be hurt and even insulted.

Old 08-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Wow, the morality police and pop psychologists are really out in full force
Maybe the 'morality police' is what Harry needs lol. He sure needs something, because this current episode, was the high point of stupidity on his part.

Frankly I don't think anything will change. Harry will be slightly admonished and his privledge life will go on. That is what this is about 'privledge'. He knows he will get away with this yet again, and just move on to some other stupid move at some future date, where the cycle will just continue. There is never any consequence to Harry's actions, so why should he even bother using his brain.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Heir Apparent

[QUOTE=Mermaid1962;1454505]All I know is that if I were a young person with Harry as a patron, I'd feel let down. That's my perspective, and I have as much right to my opinion as you do.

If you were a kid living in Lesotho, one of the poorest nations in the world, where half the population suffer from HIV AIDS I suspect you would be rather greatful for any help that came your way. You would also be unlikely to have access to the internet and know that Harry went to LV let alone have seen pictures of him in the nude.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Serene Highness

Alright, I cant help myself. At least I can admit it. :) What do you think William is thinking about all this? Do you suppose he will have anything to say to Harry? They are supposed to be very close or at least they were at one time. Maybe big brother can get through to him.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonjapearl View Post
I know you were addressing NGalitzine, but I just want to say if one of the children of my charity would use this against me and ignore everything I've ever done for him or her, then I would be hurt and even insulted.
For anyone who deals with children - like teachers - there is something called 'moral turpitude' in the US.

It's a bit twisted around that you would be 'insulted' by a child who holds you to a high ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdngirl View Post
Maybe the 'morality police' is what Harry needs lol. He sure needs something, because this current episode, was the high point of stupidity on his part.

Frankly I don't think anything will change. Harry will be slightly admonished and his privledge life will go on. That is what this is about 'privledge'. He knows he will get away with this yet again, and just move on to some other stupid move at some future date, where the cycle will just continue. There is never any consequence to Harry's actions, so why should he even bother using his brain.
Agree. Well said.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Alright, I cant help myself. At least I can admit it. :) What do you think William is thinking about all this? Do you suppose he will have anything to say to Harry? They are supposed to be very close or at least they were at one time. Maybe big brother can get through to him.
I think William will be sympathetic if you want to know the truth. He may tease him for getting caught out and remind him not to trust strangers (Circle of Trust and all that), but if anyone knows what Harry is going through it's William. I don't think he will lecture him. Doesn't seem the type to me.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I don't think this is normal or acceptable behavior of any guy. Why would any woman want to marry someone who acts like this? I wouldn't want any daughter I had to get involved with someone who behaves this way.

LaRae
= one of the best posts I've read.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry's biggest problem is not with the Queen or Prince of Wales but with his military superiors.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Maybe children in Lesotho that benefit from Sentebele won't know or care, but children that benefit from WellChild in UK very well might. I'm sure that they more than likely have access to the news, and if not via Internet than via television, or the conversations of their parents. You'd be surprised at what children hear and understand.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie

I think William will be sympathetic if you want to know the truth. He may tease him for getting caught out and remind him not to trust strangers (Circle of Trust and all that), but if anyone knows what Harry is going through it's William. I don't think he will lecture him. Doesn't seem the type to me.
I think when this first came out William would have been unmercifully teasing him. Now that it has blown to such insane proportions, I would guess that william has his brother's back and will be there to support Harry however he can.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:31 AM
Serene Highness

There's nothing "mental" about nudity or sexuality.

Media is all around Harry, he's used to it. When not quite sober, he goes a bit overboard. They called it an Attention Getting Mechanism when I was in ed. school. He's a bit old to be still carrying on like this (I"m so glad my own children have outgrown this phase), but it's not surprising that a privileged lad would keep his youthful rebellion going a bit longer.

Lord knows he has a lifetime of dull duty ahead of him if he doesn't watch out.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Newbie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I think when this first came out William would have been unmercifully teasing him. Now that it has blown to such insane proportions, I would guess that william has his brother's back and will be there to support Harry however he can.
I tend to agree with the both of you. If anyone knows what Harry's going through, it's his brother. He understands how merciless the media and public can get, so he can definitely offer support. He may tease him about this, but maybe after a sufficient amount of time has passed (or maybe not, since a little bit of humor can never hurt in a time of stress).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Serene Highness

Any true family member would offer support at a time like this.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Wow, the morality police and pop psychologists are really out in full force and for some odd reason they largely seem to be from outside the UK.
I have to agree. I'm also rather appalled by the far reaching "implications" and "diagnoses" being made by some people. He was foolish, he didn't think .... that's it!!!!! I don't think there is any other "dark or convoluted " reason for his behavior, just pure thoughtlessness.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:44 AM
Commoner

I don't understand why there's so much fuss about those leaked photos. So he played a strip-party-game and was romping around in the nude. I haven't read anything about any obscene public behavior or talking -- are people really, genuinely scandalized by this? It's not as if he's gone out on a drug/drink/sex orgy binge, he's just naked playing with other people who are, assumingly, also willingly naked for the game?

I just don't see what the big deal is about him being nude in a private party playing pool -- yes he's a prince but this doesn't seem to be on par with past incidents (Nazi costume, for example) that was clearly inappropriate behavior.