The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-23-2012, 09:16 PM
Serene Highness

I'm not one for censorship. However, those pictures shouldn't have been published IMO. If this had been average Joe doing this in Vegas, no one would be publishing them nor would anyone be suggesting that average Joe be punished for doing this. In his case what stays in Vegas didn't stay in Vegas.

It's interesting to me how adult royals are often talked about like they are children. Well, if they step out of line a bit, punish them. Don't think you would suggest the same for average Joe. I don't expect Prince Harry to be a saint or live the lifestyle of a monk.

Decisions were made in this case which upon reflection probably would have ended up differently if they had been thought thru. When you are partying, you often don't think about this and it can come back to bite you as it has with Prince Harry.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Administrator

There is enough fault to go around IMO.

Yes, its Harry's fault for showing a lack of judgement and putting himself in this position.

And yes, it is the girls fault for selling the pictures. I mean, let's face it, if she didn't sell the pictures we wouldn't be having this discussion because it would all be speculative and now we have proof.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Aristocracy

Well according to the font of wisdom that is the DM (I know, about as accurate as wikipedia, but still ...) the girls pulled out a camera and the security guards asked them to put it away. So in the DM's world this is the fault of the security guards. I like Harry and I don't think these pictures are the worst thing in the world he could have done - but he's 28 years old. If the guards saw the girls taking out the camera and taking the pictures he must have seen them too. So in essence he wasn't snapped without his knowledge - he willingly posed naked for pictures for girls he'd met a couple of hours ago at a party. What did he think they would do with the pictures? Again, I'm not as offended by these as some people seem to be but I don't see why this is his minder's fault. He posed for the pictures, he's been famous his whole life so he should have known better. This too will pass - he's just going to have to suck it up. That's the downside of being famous in an iphone world.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Serene Highness

I really would hope that something is done before he is given the chance to do anything else that may be even more mental than this. The thought was that he be given more responsibility as a working royal, well that disnt work out. Now what? And his military role? Will he just get a slap on the hand? Will he really be thrashed? Whatever that means. Personally I would take all his conveniences away and let him fend for himself for six months, no daddy, no granny, no toys, no allowance. Then lets see if his so called mates would be willing to put him up for those six months and pay for everything. Lets see what good buddies he really has. Lifes a party right? Everybody wants to tag along if Harrys having a party right? What about turning the tables around. Harry cant have parties anymore cause he doesnt have his play money who is going to save poor Harry? I bet it would be??? NOBODY cause he isnt fun anymore. Poor Harry, just an ordinary guy. Grow up Harry!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Serene Highness

He might have been tipsy but not to the point of being drunk and didn't think about it at the moment(when the cameras were in the room). Surprised the security guards didn't take the cameras from them. You would think they would or wouldn't allow cameras in the room.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
I'm not one for censorship. However, those pictures shouldn't have been published IMO. If this had been average Joe doing this in Vegas, no one would be publishing them nor would anyone be suggesting that average Joe be punished for doing this. In his case what stays in Vegas didn't stay in Vegas.

It's interesting to me how adult royals are often talked about like they are children. Well, if they step out of line a bit, punish them. Don't think you would suggest the same for average Joe. I don't expect Prince Harry to be a saint or live the lifestyle of a monk.

Decisions were made in this case which upon reflection probably would have ended up differently if they had been thought thru. When you are partying, you often don't think about this and it can come back to bite you as it has with Prince Harry.
I think the whole point is that he isn't the average Joe, and he ought to be more aware of his position and his surroundings, etc. Heck, I'm cautious about what pictures of me get taken because they can put on the internet (facebook, etc.), and I'm a nobody. It's a judgment issue.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:41 PM
Aristocracy

What Harry did was stupid, irresponsible and reckless. Inviting/allowing people he barely knew to his hotel suite and getting naked with them? Yeah stupid, irresponsible and reckless describes it perfectly.

Harry isn't a 19 year old kid anymore so I don't understand the excuses being made for him- oh he's just having a good time, he loves to party blah blah blah. He is a grown man of 27. He's an army officer and helicopter pilot.

I just hope his security people are not made scapegoats for Harry's idiocy. Their job is to protect the prince from physical harm, not from his own stupidity and recklessness.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
What Harry did was stupid, irresponsible and reckless. Inviting/allowing people he barely knew to his hotel suite and getting naked with them? Yeah stupid, irresponsible and reckless describes it perfectly.

Harry isn't a 19 year old kid anymore so I don't understand the excuses being made for him- oh he's just having a good time, he loves to party blah blah blah. He is a grown man of 27. He's an army officer and helicopter pilot.

I just hope his security people are not made scapegoats for Harry's idiocy. Their job is to protect the prince from physical harm, not from his own stupidity and recklessness.
My thoughts exactly. I think it'll be a shame and a disservice to Harry if the blame is placed on anyone but him. His PPOs are not his babysitters. They shouldn't have to trail behind him and make sure he's making adult decisions. If he needs that type of supervision, then perhaps he shouldn't be allowed to take part in solo engagements and royal tours. Those are privileges and responsibilities for adults, who know better than to be caught buck-naked on camera, even when they're having 'fun'.

Just want to add, that I don't have anything against Harry. I think he's a great person, especially when he's allowing his full potential to shine. I love watching him with people (especially children), and admire him for his work in the Armed Forces. What I'm disliking is his lack of judgement as well as the eagerness of so many to make excuses for his poor behavior. He's an adult and should be taking responsibility for his actions; be they good or bad.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Majesty

I just wonder why Prince Henri was allowed to embarrass himself. Was there anybody in his entourage overseeing his activities?
Old 08-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I just wonder why Prince Henri was allowed to embarrass himself. Was there anybody in his entourage overseeing his activities?
He is a 27 year old MAN, not a child. Why should anyone else have to "oversee his activities"?
Old 08-23-2012, 11:02 PM

Forgive me for being an amateur psychologist, but do you think Charles may be too lenient on Harry? Charles is said to be not very authoritative with his sons, so maybe that's why he hasn't been tough on Harry. Also, I wonder if the PoW is reluctant to be tough on him is because the Diana tapes that came out after she died said Charles was not happy Harry looked so much like a Spencer (his red hair). Maybe the guilt makes Charles lenient?

I don't know, I'm just wondering why Harry hasn't wised up yet. A person like him should not be so trusting, even if he yearns to be a normal, anonymous person.

Old 08-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Serene Highness

In response to royal newbie, because apparently he cant seem to control his urge to go wild and let loose. Maybe someone does need to hold his hand and make a strict schedule for him because he may be 27 but he IS acting like a child.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Serene Highness

He is one of those people who can never drink alcohol, in my opinion. When he drinks he changes into what we have seen here. Is there any way to make him stop? Well, some kind of a shock might do it. I don't know what shock, maybe just passing out and ending up in the hospital? Anyway, I sincerely suggest to Harry (not that he asked) that he stop drinking 100%. that is 100%. The difference could be astonishing. I've seen it.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Really? Now the blame is on the girl who was there? Why is it Harry cant just man up and admit HE is the one who caused this whole mess. Jeez, talk about trying to pass the buck. I really hope he gets a good thrashing not just from his family but his commanding officer. He wants to be treated as a regular person then let him have it. Demote him or whatever it is that would normally happen to a regular joe. Lets see how he handles that. Take away his allowance or his toys or whatever the family can do and lets see how he takes that one. He acts like a kid then treat him like one. Just saying.
I thought it was Harry's friend who gave that ridiculous quote, not Harry. Don't get me wrong, I think Harry should man up and take responsibility; if he remains silent, he is allowing blame to be placed elsewhere.

Not that I think much of the woman who sold the photos, but a mature person would accept responsibility. The main issue I have with his silence, however, is I would not like to see his security guards blamed. I think if they are, the public will ultimately think less of Harry. No matter how you feel about Harry's behavior, whether you love it or are appalled by it, I don't think anyone thinks his security are his babysitters.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:21 PM
Gentry

'Despicable girl’ sold naked photo of Prince Harry, says his party friend - Telegraph

An unnamed woman from that night has spoken. Geez Harry
Old 08-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Serene Highness

Sonjapearl you might have a point there. I tend to think that maybe the family has been a tad bit too lenient with the boys although William seems to have the more level head not that he didnt have his share of oopses. I think we have always known that Harry was the wild one, the one with a mind of his own. I dont think Charles was one to really reprimand the way a father should and I dont know how much influence thier grandmother and grandfather had in raising them but I think Harry tends to have a more devil may care attitude. And I think that people maybe without realizing it tend to cheer him on when he behaves badly. I cant really blame it all on the parents or grandparents though because Harry should be able to make decisions on his own, that is why he has a brain, he just isnt using it for some odd reason. I tend to think maybe he is wanting attention that he is not getting from his family maybe? With everyone else in the spotlight maybe he feels left out? Well I dont know of course but maybe someone needs to step in and try to figure out what is making him tick.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
I think the whole point is that he isn't the average Joe, and he ought to be more aware of his position and his surroundings, etc. Heck, I'm cautious about what pictures of me get taken because they can put on the internet (facebook, etc.), and I'm a nobody. It's a judgment issue.
Exactly. He was just representing his country at the Olympics, in perhaps his biggest role to date. I don't think he's ever been more of a public figure than this year.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, the morality police and pop psychologists are really out in full force and for some odd reason they largely seem to be from outside the UK.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Majesty

No, you certainly aren't the only "prude" out there!!! Count me also among the "prudes." At this point, I find it hard to imagine that a "nice" young woman would even be interested in Harry. I think that he's a young man who possibly can't stop drinking once he starts, which leads him into all kinds of situations. I expect we might hear a "I'm sorry if anyone feels offended"-type apology from Harry. What about all the children who are helped by Harry's charitable works? Are they going to think, "When I grow up, I want to be a partyer like Prince Harry?"

[QUOTE=LadyGabrielle;1454158]Really Lenora? You dont think there was anything wrong with what he did? Am I the only prude out there or for that matter, am I the only woman, who was once young mind you, that believes in being respectful of your elders, your family your heritage?
Old 08-23-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
No, you certainly aren't the only "prude" out there!!! Count me also among the "prudes." At this point, I find it hard to imagine that a "nice" young woman would even be interested in Harry. I think that he's a young man who possibly can't stop drinking once he starts, which leads him into all kinds of situations. I expect we might hear a "I'm sorry if anyone feels offended"-type apology from Harry. What about all the children who are helped by Harry's charitable works? Are they going to think, "When I grow up, I want to be a partyer like Prince Harry?"
I do believe Harry will be able to find a nice woman for him. And when I say "nice", I mean someone who won't judge him for his hard partying. Unless of course, he is being wild during their relationship and hasn't actually grown up. If that's the case, then its a problem. But if he does mature, then the past is the past.

No, I don't think those kids who benefit from Harry's charities are going to emulate his wild side. If they do, that's their problem for not thinking for themselves and living their own life. It's not as if those kids will follow him like he's a cult leader or something.