The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Well this might be the next headline. In the Telegraph article that Artemisia linked to, there's a photo of Arthur Landon's suitcase and the conents are quite interesting.
Very interesting indeed. While an item or two items are definitely questionable, it should be pointed out that its Arthur's bag and the other items show that dressing up is something that Arthur likes to do.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Royal Highness

Lmao, does he have a bong in there? Keeping it classy, I see. Is that even legal to take with you?

Old 08-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Very interesting indeed. While an item or two items are definitely questionable, it should be pointed out that its Arthur's bag and the other items show that dressing up is something that Arthur likes to do.
Not to mention, Arthur - by his own admission - was not actually in the hotel room at the time of the incident.
I don't get why the picture of the suitcase was needed in the first place though, and especially certain articles within.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

^The Telegraph probably got the photo from Arthur's facebook (and posted it to cause drama). Arthur's fb was public a few hours ago, so people could see that photo and the conversation he and Harry had about it. It was posted all over tumblr. With all that's going on, I don't know why Arthur didn't make his facebook private.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Lmao, does he have a bong in there? Keeping it classy, I see. Is that even legal to take with you?
Yep, he does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Yeah it does appear he likes to dress up.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Yep, he does.

The Telegraph probably got it from Arthur's facebook. It was public a few hours ago, so people could see that photo and the conversation he and Harry had about the it. It was posted all over tumblr. With all that is going on, I don't know why he didn't make his facebook private.

Yeah it does appear he likes to dress up.
On Facebook and tumblr?!

Goodness maybe these guys are naive! When will people realize that you don't need put your life out there for everyone to view! Too much information can work against you.

My sister had to tell my 17 year old niece today that she needed to cool down on the tweets. My sister works a small private university and my neice is a senior looking to apply to colleges this fall. Not a good thing if someone is looking for qualified applicants.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Goodness maybe these guys are naive! When will people realize that you don't need put your life out there for everyone to view! Too much information can work against you.
lol, see what i mean. It's mind boggling. Again SMDH.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

No, he didn't post it on tumblr. He posted it on his facebook which was public (anyone could see it). Then a bunch a people copied it and put it up on tumblr. They actually posted a few photos he took - one was of Harry passed out on the beach and the other one was this suitcase photo. They also posted the convo that he and Harry had about the bong. It's mind boggling to me that Arthur didn't think about making his FB private.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Courtier

Rupert Murdoch chose the right moment to pull the trigger on this cover since all the attention had shifted to talk of how free the press is in Britain right now. The palace doesn't want to be tarred with censorship as much as they don't want these pictures out there. Basically, they screwed themselves.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdngirl View Post
Unbelievable, because I cannot believe the naivete of that statement. I'm beginning to wonder if these men are really in their late 20's
It's the morally indignant tone of the quote that kills me. All they wanted to do was go to Vegas, get trashed, and then get naked in a hotel suite with a bunch of complete strangers! And now it turns out that one of the people who accepted the invitation to get trashed and naked with a bunch of strangers in a Vegas hotel suite also had no qualms about taking pictures of it and selling it to TMZ! I mean, really, who could have seen that coming?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I guess it is pretty naive of Harry to expect complete strangers to honour his privacy. His close and tried group of friends - yes, but people he had never met before - hardly.
Harry is well-aware he cannot trust anyone who is not part of his close circle of friends...something he learned very well from the time he was young from his mother's experience. This is where his poor lapse of judgment will become a problem in the eyes of The Queen and his father.

No doubt he will move beyond this incident, but hopefully he is ready to settle down and act more appropriately in the future.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
That's what I was wondering! Anyway, it's like they were all living in a pod and learned nothing about posting stuff like this online.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Serene Highness

Really? Now the blame is on the girl who was there? Why is it Harry cant just man up and admit HE is the one who caused this whole mess. Jeez, talk about trying to pass the buck. I really hope he gets a good thrashing not just from his family but his commanding officer. He wants to be treated as a regular person then let him have it. Demote him or whatever it is that would normally happen to a regular joe. Lets see how he handles that. Take away his allowance or his toys or whatever the family can do and lets see how he takes that one. He acts like a kid then treat him like one. Just saying.
Old 08-23-2012, 07:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
t's mind boggling to me that Arthur didn't think about making his FB private.
As I've been saying where are their brains.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Unfortunately, royal title or not, Harry would still be a target for the media and paparazzi for the rest of his life, especially if he provides them with easy material like this. It's his behavior and choices that are in question here.

He needs to settle down and cool his boozing and partying.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
No, he didn't post it on tumblr. He posted it on his facebook which was public (anyone could see it). Then a bunch a people copied it and put it up on tumblr. They actually posted a few photos he took - one was of Harry passed out on the beach and the other one was this suitcase photo. They also posted the convo that he and Harry had about the bong. It's mind boggling to me that Arthur didn't think about making his FB private.
He sure didn't use good judgment there. Although, the truly smart thing to do would be to NOT post these things at all. Just because your page is private doesn't mean that one way or another the "wrong" person won't view your stuff.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
It's the morally indignant tone of the quote that kills me. All they wanted to do was go to Vegas, get trashed, and then get naked in a hotel suite with a bunch of complete strangers! And now it turns out that one of the people who accepted the invitation to get trashed and naked with a bunch of strangers in a Vegas hotel suite also had no qualms about taking pictures of it and selling it to TMZ! I mean, really, who could have seen that coming?
For Real, and that is why we are laughing here, I mean really. Good grief. You know, I've been wondering why the Palace or CH or whomever, just doest let Harry deal with this situation. He got himself into it, let him get himself out.

Quote:
Really? Now the blame is on the girl who was there? Why is it Harry cant just man up and admit HE is the one who caused this whole mess. Jeez, talk about trying to pass the buck. I really hope he gets a good thrashing not just from his family but his commanding officer. He wants to be treated as a regular person then let him have it. Demote him or whatever it is that would normally happen to a regular joe. Lets see how he handles that. Take away his allowance or his toys or whatever the family can do and lets see how he takes that one. He acts like a kid then treat him like one. Just saying.
I knew it! I knew sooner or later, this whole mess would come down on this girl's head.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27
If you are not a fan of nudity, then please stay away from New Orleans during Mardi Gras, especially Fat Tuesday in the French Quarter.

Women stand on balconies expose their breast to complete nudity for plastic beads thrown by guys on the street below. You won't see this many boobs in a strip club.

On one of my visits, Men were flashing their junk all over the place.

It happened, too late to close the barn door. Harry will have to live with these pictures forever on the Internet.
Hey Hey Hey! Don't tell. That never happens here.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Aristocracy

Well, I have to say, this has been a tremendously interesting thread, no matter what point of view each poster has shared. I don't know how I will go back to the mundane "Princess So-And-So's Daytime Fashion."
Old 08-23-2012, 08:56 PM
Aristocracy

So - was my question deleted, moved or I just can't find it? They're saying over at the DM that if you live in England you can't see the Harry pics anywhere - if you try to go to a site like TMZ instead of the pictures you get a message that they aren't available in your country. Does anyone live in England? I didn't know it was even technologically possible to do that.

I kind of feel sorry for the poor guy the Sun used as their "naked Harry model". I'm picturing some red-haired intern, roughly Harry's height, second day on the job who was told "Ok, we need to to pretend to be Harry for a picture. Take off you clothes!"
Old 08-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
Bravo ! I have nothing further to add, because you've expressed my thoughts and opinions on this matter . He wants to act like a stupid and immature teenager, then he ought to be treated like one. Bet he won't like it one bit, but it may force him to grow up (wonder if Her Majesty and Prince Charles can 'ground' him, and let him go to official engagements only ).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.