Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what this incident says about Harry and his friends: they are willing to put themselves in highly-charged sexual situations with total strangers.

Even if nothing untoward happens (drinking related 911 call, false or accurate accusals of rape, STDs- people who have sex with strangers are having sex with people who have sex with other strangers, pregnancy, fighting over partners, injuries, noise complaints to management, pictures on the internet, blackmail, extortion), the fact remains that what is going on is an orgy or an orgy-resembling situation.

Now if my son gets caught up in a situation like that, well, almost no one will know about it, and almost no one will care. However, he would still be a person who is vulnerable to all the other things I listed.

What kind of a person- a person who is closely related to a majestic and historic enterprise, and to a majestic and elderly woman who is having a landmark career year and who is greatly concerned with her spouse's health- what kind of person- at the age of 28ish- is unable to think about anything but his libido and seeking thrills?

Sadly, Harry is that kind of person. No sense of noblesse oblige (whoever claims to be noble must conduct himself nobly.). No thoughts about what would Granny think. No pride in his elevated position- he closed the Olympics-he's adored by his countrymen- he's admired by his brother and his father. No thought about whether his actions reflect well on the Army. No thought about how a future wife would view such a wild evening...

I am no prude. I was a soldier in the cultural revolution! A few times I found myself in dicey circumstances, and that part of my mind which was still working said, get youself outta here! The thought that my father could learn about what I was doing- or that a child of mine would- gave me the strength not to give in to such sordid behavior.

Harry is not a bad guy. But incidents like this make him seem a little creepy. And he is very close to the throne, at least until he has nephews and/or nieces.

Henry- clean up your act while you can.

Well said :flowers:.

You still need a persons permission to sell/publish pictures of them, even of celebrities, that were taken in a private place where they had an expectation of privacy even if you were invited into their private space (at least under UK laws).

You still need a persons permission to sell/publish pictures of them, even of celebrities, that were taken in a private place where they had an expectation of privacy even if you were invited into their private space (at least under UK laws).

Thank you Ngalitzine.

Again, to me, there is no question they are an invasion of privacy. However, I am not surprised in the least that it happened.

Do not think that's the case here. Perhaps if you are in your own home, with the blinds drawn.

But a hotel room? Not so sure. Certainly people have been cited for being naked inside their hotel rooms - if they allow themselves to be seen. We have a neighbor who has a camera pointed into our back yard and when I complained to the police, they said we now had to make sure we didn't walk around unclad, else we could be in violation of the law!

I think bathroom cams that are hidden would be definitely illegal, but if you have invited a person into your rooms and they have a camera, you either un-invite them or accept that they have the freedom to take pictures, and then do whatever they want with them.

Do not think that's the case here. Perhaps if you are in your own home, with the blinds drawn.

But a hotel room? Not so sure. Certainly people have been cited for being naked inside their hotel rooms - if they allow themselves to be seen. We have a neighbor who has a camera pointed into our back yard and when I complained to the police, they said we now had to make sure we didn't walk around unclad, else we could be in violation of the law!

I think bathroom cams that are hidden would be definitely illegal, but if you have invited a person into your rooms and they have a camera, you either un-invite them or accept that they have the freedom to take pictures, and then do whatever they want with them.

No, there's nothing that I can think of in US law that these pictures violate. I'm trying to think of legal cases in which things have been banned from being sold/made publicly available, but nothing that would apply in this case.

:blink::ermm: Why are my posts disappearing? I'm not saying anything everyone else is saying. I put up a post and come back to read what people said - my post will be gone and all the other posts, usually saying pretty much the same thing, are still there.

Originally Posted by NGalitzine

Ah, I see. Well I still think they should just keep it moving.

Can't lawyers or other people acting on behalf of the Royal Family negotiate with the "ladies" in question and buy whatever material they have?
Oh, Harry, what were you thinking? :bang:

:blink::ermm: Why are my posts disappearing? I'm not saying anything everyone else is saying. I put up a post and come back to read what people said - my post will be gone and all the other posts, usually saying pretty much the same thing, are still there.

I see 5 others from you on this thread.

Can't lawyers or other people acting on behalf of the Royal Family negotiate with the "ladies" in question and buy whatever material they have?
Oh, Harry, what were you thinking? :bang:

I think bribery is the only 'negotiation' these 'ladies' will understand. Your suggestion may just be the solution everyone's looking for; buy up the incriminating evidence and keep it under lock and key, never to be released. I have a feeling this is just getting started though. Like you, I'd love to know what was going through Harry's mind at the time (though I very well may not like the answer).

Any attempt to "negotiate" will be nothing more that condoning extortion. And will lead to more and more coming out of the woodwork with their stories or pictures to sell.

After discussing this with his family, I feel the best thing would for Prince Harry to resume his military duties and stay low..... Very very low until Suri buys another pair of kitten heels or whatever is just so important for us to know about a 6 year old.

Again, that's simply not the case in the U.S.

None of your posts have been deleted, so I am not sure what you are seeing.

Prince Charles is acting like any concerned father when their child (no matter how old) get in trouble or has a major problem. They want to talk to them. My father was big into face-to- face because HE wanted to see us to be sure we were okay or were going to be okay.

It might be a good time to remind Harry that as much as he wants to be "just one of the guys" because of his family there will always be someone wanting to take advantage of him. It seems that everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame!!!

Any attempt to "negotiate" will be nothing more that condoning extortion. And will lead to more and more coming out of the woodwork with their stories or pictures to sell.

After discussing this with his family, I feel the best thing would for Prince Harry to resume his military duties and stay low..... Very very low until Suri buys another pair of kitten heels or whatever is just so important for us to know about a 6 year old.

I agree - he will have some well controlled appearances at the paralympics and then I expect him to just fall off the radar for awhile with his military duties. W&Ks Malaysian tour follows the week after the paralympics and that should give the paps something else royal to write about.

...surprise...surprise... Las Vegas is for a reason not populated by young bright women of high integrity. An easy to make buck is often the object. And there is no reverence for royalty, unless you are the Las Vegas royalty, i.e. Celine...

Kinda sexist? I have to say that LV is not populated by bright young men of high integrity either. It's where the young and often old go to let loose, not care, not think, etc.

And not that I think Harry did anything wrong, and I am glad he had fun - I also don't think he and the group showed "high integrity." Maybe HIGH integrity. LOL.

Big payoff

One of the girls involved is saying she'll sell her 'evidence' for a million (pounds or dollars?). Anyway, who's to say that an evil press baron (no names, please) won't give her the million? Or, alternately, that some wealthy person will buy the 'evidence' and turn it over to the BRF? Why would that happen? Someone wanting to do a good deed, or perhaps someone wanting to ingratiate him or herself with the BRF. It is a volatile situation, regardless of what happens. Do they still have the French Foreign Legion?

As I'm understanding it, Harry is about to ship out on a major tour of duty. Isn't it rather traditional for men to party a bit before shipping out?

This will die down, even the next set of pictures (if any) won't make the splash the first ones did. Prince Charles's advice is spot on.

All in fine tradition, too. It's not the first nor the last time the British monarchy has had a few public relations issues.

It's not CULTURAL differences, it is mostly generational, although there are some younger Conservatives on this site. Thanks for pointing out there are more important things going on. Nekkid Harry has nothing to do with any of those things. Harry is amusement, laughable, helpless and hapless.

I fear that Harry - after all the salacious drooling has run it's course for those unused to seeing such things - has made a bit of a spectacle of himself. There is a fine line between the 'generous laugh with' (wink-wink-nudge-nudge) and being a laughing-stock. The man is not new to the celebrity game - this stuff is done as a matter of course - that he should be caught-out like this suggests he wanted to be caught - or doesn't care. I wonder why.

Excuse me but is that your interpretation of " party a bit" ? Really? So because he is shipping out or whatever it is he is doing its o.k. for him to just go mental and act like a lunatic? Sorry but I dont see it as a a " bit" of partying, that was all out doing it huge! And as for dear Arthur his friend, who is he to call the girl despicable? Go look in the mirror buddy. This is meant for PrincessKaimi by the way.

Excuse me but is that your interpretation of " party a bit" ? Really? So because he is shipping out or whatever it is he is doing its o.k. for him to just go mental and act like a lunatic? Sorry but I dont see it as a a " bit" of partying, that was all out doing it huge! And as for dear Arthur his friend, who is he to call the girl despicable? Go look in the mirror buddy. This is meant for PrincessKaimi by the way.

I know this isn't addressed to me, but IMO, getting drunk and playing strip poker (or billiards, whatever) hardly qualifies as "going mental and acting like a lunatic." Admittedly, it's not the sort of thing I would engage in, but it doesn't appear that anything illegal is going on. Seems like a kind of typical college-ish party to me (except in a nicer setting and with Harry of course being a little older than that).

ok, I'm still laughing over the French Foreign Legion comment.

The man is not new to the celebrity game - this stuff is done as a matter of course - that he should be caught-out like this suggests he wanted to be caught - or doesn't care. I wonder why.

You know, if I hadn't seen the pics of Harry after the fact, I might of wondered if there was not something deeper going on here, but I really don't think there is. It is what it is.

I'm sure Harry just did what thousands of young men do in 'Sin City' and I don't think it will be the end of the British monarchy. He's not the first young royal to show lack of judgement in a precarious situation, nor will he be the last. Actually what really worries me in this case is that his protection officers - I believe they were there? - apparently did little to do the thinking for him! Collecting cameras and mobile phones would have been a good start. Then again .. the logistics of a security line for a group of alcohol fuelled young people may not be the easiest thing to negotiate :D!

Last edited:
the logistics of a security line for a group of alcohol fuelled young people grown men may not be the easiest thing to negotiate

I think that should be grown men

I remember Prince Andrew during his "Randy Andy" heydey in the early to mid-80's being involved in one scandal after another...some bimbo bragged to a tabloid about how they had made love in one of the Queen's rooms and then helped themselves to her chocolates and even jumped up and down on Mummy's bed!

Shortly after William's birth there was an uproar over Andrew being spotted in a kinky London nightclub called "School Dinners" where large breasted waitresses scantily clad as uber sexy school marms carried around paddles and whips...and would beat patrons who didn't eat all their food and clean their plates ("Misbehave and you'll feel the pain" was the establishment's motto) :lol:

The story was the rage Stateside for days...made People Mag and the Today Show. There was the usual tsk tsk'ing about what an embarrassment and a disgrace Andrew was bringing on the Crown. But then he went off to war and distinguished himself in the Falklands and all was forgiven.

I suspect it will be the same with Prince Harry...in the broader scope of Brit Royal Family missteps I just don't see this one being any worse. :cool:

Last edited:

Pretty much. It was a small party, a couple of mates, a couple of girls, a few drinks and some party games. Certainly not a huge party, just a few people having a good time.

What´s the point in saying this was nothing and they were just having fun? wasn´t he trowing up at a bar some weeks ago? What do you need the guy in hospital or something really serious to happen to him? I hope his family is more concerned about him and not the image of the monarchy as some here,w ho are more or less denying reality. Btw, he´s been partying for the last 15 days, he watched the Olimpics for 15 days, it makes a month. And he is supposed to be a soldier? What a joke. I hope they don´t send him to Afganistan to clean his image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom