The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #381  
Old 08-23-2012, 12:43 PM
soapstar's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, United States
Posts: 3,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
Because we are always more critical towards females. On a bright note, if Eugenie really does it in the future, we can quote Harry's Vegas case as a counterargument.
Very true.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 08-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 182
Quote:
I wonder though. People keep saying Harry isn't the brightest bulb. Does that mean he is of average intelligence (like most people) who decided not to go to university since he wouldn't be able to use it anyway, or is he really not that bright???
It's not about book smart though, it's about 'street smart' for lack of a better term. He knows what the world is like today, Facebook, twitter, internet. Yet he does something so incredibly stupid.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 08-23-2012, 12:49 PM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdngirl View Post

I don't think they should of requested the photos. You simply cannot control what is on the internet. The best thing probably would of just to say no comment and move on. They could rake Mr. (I have no brains in my head),Harry in private.
They're not trying to control what's on the internet. They know that they can't prevent the press in other countries from publishing any photos of the royals.

CH are clearly sticking to the principle which they have agreed with the press - that the royals are entitled to privacy, and that pictures taken within a private hotel room on a private holiday against the wishes of those present is an invasion or privacy, which it quite clearly is.

They can't control the internet or foreign publications, but they're trying to hold the British press to their promises, as a point of principle if nothing else. Goodness knows, if you give an inch with the British press they'll start pressing for a mile.
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 08-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 182
True, but are the suceeding with that request?
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 08-23-2012, 01:10 PM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdngirl View Post
True, but are the suceeding with that request?
So far they are, because no British publication has yet printed the pictures in their original form. The British press is so far playing ball on this, whether they continue to do so is anyone's guess.

They're covering the story in detail, just not showing the pictures. I have no doubt that several of the British tabloids have sent reporters to Vegas to try and track down these women to get interviews with as much of the detail of what actually went on as possible.
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 08-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,272
My guess is the press is more concerned about the Levenson Inquiry which deals with rights to privacy and also press ethics that they are with what BP or CH might think if they published the pictures which by now most interested Brits have seen on the internet.
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 08-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans, United States
Posts: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
What were you thinking when you posted such sanctimonious wittering.

Get out your draping and head for those table legs because we're warping back to 1912!
Since when is asking the 3rd-in-line-to-the-throne to be smart about what parts of his anatomy end up on the Interwebs "warping back to 1912"?

By the way, try to be a bit more respectful of other people's beliefs, instead of belittling them. It's the only way I and others can respect you for yours.
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 08-23-2012, 01:25 PM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,658
No doubt Leveson is a huge factor here. The press also realise that Prince William pretty much hates them, and given he and his family are the future of the RF, and by far the most interesting part for most people, they have to maintain good working relations with CH. If they want an interview with Kate in the future, or photos of their firstborn child for example, they're going to think carefully about how they report on the royals, which is only right and fair. The press's policy of 'publish and ask questions later' is what got them into this mess.
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 08-23-2012, 01:26 PM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,529
extraordinarily private would be if he were naked with the a woman he loved, he is in vegas with several women and that is the risk you take

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
To be honest I saw the pictures and thought good on him!

He is a young man who went partying with his friends. Should he be ashamed?

The pictures were
HTML Code:
extraordinarily private
, and should never have been published in the first place. Who exactly is he harming or offending?
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 08-23-2012, 01:31 PM
machievelli's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Belfast, Ireland
Posts: 145
This embarrassing (yet avoidable) situation is all on Harry. He really has no one to blame but himself because he displayed poor judgement at every turn in Las Vegas. It's not wise for anyone (let alone a very high profile Prince) to get drunk and nude with complete strangers. I don't know why he thought he could be so careless and reckless in Sin City of all places. I really like Harry. He is fun, lively, and down to earth. He has done some great work for charity. I think Harry can has very good potential to continue to do good work for his charities and the royal family. However he has got to finally grow up and act accordingly. He also has to understand that he is not like everyone else. He is a public figure and member of the royal family. So he can't throw caution to the wind.


Harry lives an extremely privileged life and his only restriction is that he not damage or embarrass the Queen, the monarchy, or his country. Harry is a grown man of almost 30 years of age who should already know the ways of the world. He has been groomed his entire life on how to act appropriately. Harry has to understand that he is always representing the Queen even when he is on holiday. Life should be fun and lived to the fullest. But he needs to learn the real meaning of duty and of being consistent. Harry has to be more cautious, prudent, and wise. He has to learn discretion and better judgment so that he won't continue to make idiotic blunders. I want Harry to do continue to do well. I hope this situation has finally woken him up to the realities of his position in life. Harry has way too much potential to keep mucking it up with poor judgment. But if this situation does not make him wise up then nothing will.



The 2 articles below is pretty much how I feel about this situation

Prince Harry: Conduct unbecoming - Telegraph


Leaving Las Vegas, naughty prince must learn from the older and wiser William - UK - News - Evening Standard
Reply With Quote
  #391  
Old 08-23-2012, 01:48 PM
KittyAtlanta's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KittyLand Junction, United States
Posts: 3,126
The Evening Standard article seems very fair. Hope Harry gets to the doctor for tests. Anyone seen him anywhere today?
Reply With Quote
  #392  
Old 08-23-2012, 01:57 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
extraordinarily private would be if he were naked with the a woman he loved, he is in vegas with several women and that is the risk you take
I disagree. In a hotel room with friends is private.
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
Reply With Quote
  #393  
Old 08-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
The Evening Standard article seems very fair. Hope Harry gets to the doctor for tests. Anyone seen him anywhere today?
Harry is in Balmoral - and my, does he have a lot of explaining to do to the Queen and Prince Charles!
Reply With Quote
  #394  
Old 08-23-2012, 02:14 PM
LadyGabrielle's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: kapaa, United States
Posts: 1,190
Well said Machievelli! You understand exactly what I have been trying to say. And yes those articles say it all in a nut shell. Now I wonder what is happening within the family right at this moment.
Reply With Quote
  #395  
Old 08-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Nico's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,657
Frankly some people should take a breath of fresh air before posting because it's getting really ridiculous.
I don't know if it's the vision of some bit of flesh but some reactions are just over the top.
I don't remember such uproar when William was taken peeing on a fence (with little Willy in hand) or partying hard only in boxer back in 2002. Even princes Charles and Andrew were taken naked back in the 80's....who cares ?
Maybe the shock to discover that Harry is not a monk and is, horror, human is just unbearable...
Reply With Quote
  #396  
Old 08-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Orleans, United States
Posts: 1,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by machievelli
It's not wise for anyone to get drunk and nude with complete strangers.
Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #397  
Old 08-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles CA, United States
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

What does that say about us or the British?
If the British were able to access the pictures then we would have a level playing field. As it is, we don't. We are not commenting from the same set of facts: actual eyeballing of the pictures and hearsay. (It may also be rooted in the fact that Diana's aura has been transferred among certain of the public to 'Diana's Sons' who can do no wrong - so if Harry is caught in the most compromising and embarrassing of situations, still the British will minimize it, explain it away, make of it a virtue, etc.)

I stand as feeling this should be a reflection on the person who leaked the photos rather than an indictment of Harry.

I also suspect - from a conversation with a friend - that Harry knew full well that he was being snapped. As the man from Las Vegas interviewed on the news yesterday said - this whole thing rests squarely with Harry. He allowed a sequence of events to happen - that for someone with his media savvy should know the possible outcomes. What has occurred should not be a total surprise to him - and to be honest, I don't thing the outcome is. He may even be a bit amused - and happily gratified in a puffed-up manly way. He may have a bit of his mother's exhibitionism in him.

That all said, however, I do not find the pictures 'beautiful' or displaying a 'hunk'. I realize many here do. They are the sort of pictures that should be mortifying. Most people's reaction would be - euew! Because its abhorrent to display oneself like that to the general public. It's a level of 'information' most of us are not interested in possessing. It's a level of 'information' most of us have too much self-respect to provide the world - unless......

We live in a repressed situation. It may be the only way to make a statement - I am free! I will not be who it is you want me to be!

He's clearly 'fit' in a lanky way - and he is a handsome man, helped by his genial manner. I think he knows it - and is proud of it, possibly in a narcissistic way. The photos - interestingly - compromise just him. The woman involved in each case is absolutely hidden. This is a detail that is a clue as to the motivations behind this little bit of frolicking getting recorded. Anyway - I have decided - as with most things William and Harry - it's likely not what it seems to be. Harry was having some serious 'touch-time' with the other male swimmers in the pool - one in particular - a fact that no one is mentioning in all of this - it's the gross female contact (we assume because we cannot see the other person at all) that is touted about, not the pool hugging.

I remain a profound skeptic of anything to do with how we are being told 'it is' when it comes to either of Diana's sons.
Reply With Quote
  #398  
Old 08-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,324
The pics are sleazy-end of. Lets remember he's a man of 28 not an18 year old boy and running about naked in a hotel room with people you've just met is a bit sordid. I mean you don't need to be a genius to work out some of the things that would have been going on in that hotel suite so it's reflection on him as person as well as the rest of them.
Reply With Quote
  #399  
Old 08-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
If the British were able to access the pictures then we would have a level playing field. As it is, we don't. We are not commenting from the same set of facts: actual eyeballing of the pictures and hearsay. (It may also be rooted in the fact that Diana's aura has been transferred among certain of the public to 'Diana's Sons' who can do no wrong - so if Harry is caught in the most compromising and embarrassing of situations, still the British will minimize it, explain it away, make of it a virtue, etc.)
As far as I know, Brits are perfectly able to access the pictures - they just aren't splashed on front pages of the newspapers. Our (Armenian) papers didn't print them either, and yet I did see the pictures, and so did virtually all my friends (mostly, female ones). I doubt British people are lacking basic computer literacy to make a quick Google search if they want to view the pictures in questions.

Quote:
I also suspect - from a conversation with a friend - that Harry knew full well that he was being snapped. As the man from Las Vegas interviewed on the news yesterday said - this whole thing rests squarely with Harry. He allowed a sequence of events to
Unless we know who your friend is and the context of your conversation, we can hardly come to an agreement on whether Harry knew the pictures were being taken. I happen to think there are no indications of anything but Harry being taken by surprise. That, and displaying remarkably bad judgement in trusting virtual strangers.

Quote:
Harry was having some serious 'touch-time' with the other male swimmers in the pool - one in particular - a fact that no one is mentioning in all of this - it's the gross female contact (we assume because we cannot see the other person at all) that is touted about, not the pool hugging.
Your insinuation is unfounded and baseless: anyone who had seen pictures of him and Chelsy, and how obviously in love he was, needs no further proves of his "preferences". There is really, really no need to make allegations of the nature against a guy who is not going to defend himself.
Reply With Quote
  #400  
Old 08-23-2012, 03:00 PM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,529
Prince Harry: Conduct unbecoming - Telegraph


...It was a stone-cold certainty that photographs would appear once the holidaying Prince concluded that it would be fun to take his clothes off in a Las Vegas hotel room, along with some like-minded young women he’d apparently met a few minutes earlier.......
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Memebers from Las Vegas and Los Angeles ashelen Member Introductions 5 12-31-2011 03:34 PM
From Las Vegas, NV abbygoodrich Member Introductions 6 10-17-2011 08:28 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 beatrice borromeo best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit 2016 catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dom duarte duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll felipe vi grand duchess josephine-charlotte grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess charlene fashion princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises