The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie View Post
Because we are always more critical towards females. On a bright note, if Eugenie really does it in the future, we can quote Harry's Vegas case as a counterargument.
Very true.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I wonder though. People keep saying Harry isn't the brightest bulb. Does that mean he is of average intelligence (like most people) who decided not to go to university since he wouldn't be able to use it anyway, or is he really not that bright???
It's not about book smart though, it's about 'street smart' for lack of a better term. He knows what the world is like today, Facebook, twitter, internet. Yet he does something so incredibly stupid.

Old 08-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdngirl View Post

I don't think they should of requested the photos. You simply cannot control what is on the internet. The best thing probably would of just to say no comment and move on. They could rake Mr. (I have no brains in my head),Harry in private.
They're not trying to control what's on the internet. They know that they can't prevent the press in other countries from publishing any photos of the royals.

CH are clearly sticking to the principle which they have agreed with the press - that the royals are entitled to privacy, and that pictures taken within a private hotel room on a private holiday against the wishes of those present is an invasion or privacy, which it quite clearly is.

They can't control the internet or foreign publications, but they're trying to hold the British press to their promises, as a point of principle if nothing else. Goodness knows, if you give an inch with the British press they'll start pressing for a mile.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Aristocracy

True, but are the suceeding with that request?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdngirl View Post
True, but are the suceeding with that request?
So far they are, because no British publication has yet printed the pictures in their original form. The British press is so far playing ball on this, whether they continue to do so is anyone's guess.

They're covering the story in detail, just not showing the pictures. I have no doubt that several of the British tabloids have sent reporters to Vegas to try and track down these women to get interviews with as much of the detail of what actually went on as possible.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

My guess is the press is more concerned about the Levenson Inquiry which deals with rights to privacy and also press ethics that they are with what BP or CH might think if they published the pictures which by now most interested Brits have seen on the internet.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
What were you thinking when you posted such sanctimonious wittering.

Get out your draping and head for those table legs because we're warping back to 1912!
Since when is asking the 3rd-in-line-to-the-throne to be smart about what parts of his anatomy end up on the Interwebs "warping back to 1912"?

By the way, try to be a bit more respectful of other people's beliefs, instead of belittling them. It's the only way I and others can respect you for yours.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

No doubt Leveson is a huge factor here. The press also realise that Prince William pretty much hates them, and given he and his family are the future of the RF, and by far the most interesting part for most people, they have to maintain good working relations with CH. If they want an interview with Kate in the future, or photos of their firstborn child for example, they're going to think carefully about how they report on the royals, which is only right and fair. The press's policy of 'publish and ask questions later' is what got them into this mess.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

extraordinarily private would be if he were naked with the a woman he loved, he is in vegas with several women and that is the risk you take

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
To be honest I saw the pictures and thought good on him!

He is a young man who went partying with his friends. Should he be ashamed?

The pictures were
HTML Code:
extraordinarily private
, and should never have been published in the first place. Who exactly is he harming or offending?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:31 PM
Aristocracy

This embarrassing (yet avoidable) situation is all on Harry. He really has no one to blame but himself because he displayed poor judgement at every turn in Las Vegas. It's not wise for anyone (let alone a very high profile Prince) to get drunk and nude with complete strangers. I don't know why he thought he could be so careless and reckless in Sin City of all places. I really like Harry. He is fun, lively, and down to earth. He has done some great work for charity. I think Harry can has very good potential to continue to do good work for his charities and the royal family. However he has got to finally grow up and act accordingly. He also has to understand that he is not like everyone else. He is a public figure and member of the royal family. So he can't throw caution to the wind.

Harry lives an extremely privileged life and his only restriction is that he not damage or embarrass the Queen, the monarchy, or his country. Harry is a grown man of almost 30 years of age who should already know the ways of the world. He has been groomed his entire life on how to act appropriately. Harry has to understand that he is always representing the Queen even when he is on holiday. Life should be fun and lived to the fullest. But he needs to learn the real meaning of duty and of being consistent. Harry has to be more cautious, prudent, and wise. He has to learn discretion and better judgment so that he won't continue to make idiotic blunders. I want Harry to do continue to do well. I hope this situation has finally woken him up to the realities of his position in life. Harry has way too much potential to keep mucking it up with poor judgment. But if this situation does not make him wise up then nothing will.

The 2 articles below is pretty much how I feel about this situation

Prince Harry: Conduct unbecoming - Telegraph

Leaving Las Vegas, naughty prince must learn from the older and wiser William - UK - News - Evening Standard
Old 08-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent

The Evening Standard article seems very fair. Hope Harry gets to the doctor for tests. Anyone seen him anywhere today?
Old 08-23-2012, 01:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan alicia
extraordinarily private would be if he were naked with the a woman he loved, he is in vegas with several women and that is the risk you take
I disagree. In a hotel room with friends is private.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
The Evening Standard article seems very fair. Hope Harry gets to the doctor for tests. Anyone seen him anywhere today?
Harry is in Balmoral - and my, does he have a lot of explaining to do to the Queen and Prince Charles!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Serene Highness

Well said Machievelli! You understand exactly what I have been trying to say. And yes those articles say it all in a nut shell. Now I wonder what is happening within the family right at this moment.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Royal Highness

Frankly some people should take a breath of fresh air before posting because it's getting really ridiculous.
I don't know if it's the vision of some bit of flesh but some reactions are just over the top.
I don't remember such uproar when William was taken peeing on a fence (with little Willy in hand) or partying hard only in boxer back in 2002. Even princes Charles and Andrew were taken naked back in the 80's....who cares ?
Maybe the shock to discover that Harry is not a monk and is, horror, human is just unbearable...
Old 08-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by machievelli
It's not wise for anyone to get drunk and nude with complete strangers.
Thank you!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post

What does that say about us or the British?
If the British were able to access the pictures then we would have a level playing field. As it is, we don't. We are not commenting from the same set of facts: actual eyeballing of the pictures and hearsay. (It may also be rooted in the fact that Diana's aura has been transferred among certain of the public to 'Diana's Sons' who can do no wrong - so if Harry is caught in the most compromising and embarrassing of situations, still the British will minimize it, explain it away, make of it a virtue, etc.)

I stand as feeling this should be a reflection on the person who leaked the photos rather than an indictment of Harry.

I also suspect - from a conversation with a friend - that Harry knew full well that he was being snapped. As the man from Las Vegas interviewed on the news yesterday said - this whole thing rests squarely with Harry. He allowed a sequence of events to happen - that for someone with his media savvy should know the possible outcomes. What has occurred should not be a total surprise to him - and to be honest, I don't thing the outcome is. He may even be a bit amused - and happily gratified in a puffed-up manly way. He may have a bit of his mother's exhibitionism in him.

That all said, however, I do not find the pictures 'beautiful' or displaying a 'hunk'. I realize many here do. They are the sort of pictures that should be mortifying. Most people's reaction would be - euew! Because its abhorrent to display oneself like that to the general public. It's a level of 'information' most of us are not interested in possessing. It's a level of 'information' most of us have too much self-respect to provide the world - unless......

We live in a repressed situation. It may be the only way to make a statement - I am free! I will not be who it is you want me to be!

He's clearly 'fit' in a lanky way - and he is a handsome man, helped by his genial manner. I think he knows it - and is proud of it, possibly in a narcissistic way. The photos - interestingly - compromise just him. The woman involved in each case is absolutely hidden. This is a detail that is a clue as to the motivations behind this little bit of frolicking getting recorded. Anyway - I have decided - as with most things William and Harry - it's likely not what it seems to be. Harry was having some serious 'touch-time' with the other male swimmers in the pool - one in particular - a fact that no one is mentioning in all of this - it's the gross female contact (we assume because we cannot see the other person at all) that is touted about, not the pool hugging.

I remain a profound skeptic of anything to do with how we are being told 'it is' when it comes to either of Diana's sons.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

The pics are sleazy-end of. Lets remember he's a man of 28 not an18 year old boy and running about naked in a hotel room with people you've just met is a bit sordid. I mean you don't need to be a genius to work out some of the things that would have been going on in that hotel suite so it's reflection on him as person as well as the rest of them.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
If the British were able to access the pictures then we would have a level playing field. As it is, we don't. We are not commenting from the same set of facts: actual eyeballing of the pictures and hearsay. (It may also be rooted in the fact that Diana's aura has been transferred among certain of the public to 'Diana's Sons' who can do no wrong - so if Harry is caught in the most compromising and embarrassing of situations, still the British will minimize it, explain it away, make of it a virtue, etc.)
As far as I know, Brits are perfectly able to access the pictures - they just aren't splashed on front pages of the newspapers. Our (Armenian) papers didn't print them either, and yet I did see the pictures, and so did virtually all my friends (mostly, female ones). I doubt British people are lacking basic computer literacy to make a quick Google search if they want to view the pictures in questions.

Quote:
I also suspect - from a conversation with a friend - that Harry knew full well that he was being snapped. As the man from Las Vegas interviewed on the news yesterday said - this whole thing rests squarely with Harry. He allowed a sequence of events to
Unless we know who your friend is and the context of your conversation, we can hardly come to an agreement on whether Harry knew the pictures were being taken. I happen to think there are no indications of anything but Harry being taken by surprise. That, and displaying remarkably bad judgement in trusting virtual strangers.

Quote:
Harry was having some serious 'touch-time' with the other male swimmers in the pool - one in particular - a fact that no one is mentioning in all of this - it's the gross female contact (we assume because we cannot see the other person at all) that is touted about, not the pool hugging.
Your insinuation is unfounded and baseless: anyone who had seen pictures of him and Chelsy, and how obviously in love he was, needs no further proves of his "preferences". There is really, really no need to make allegations of the nature against a guy who is not going to defend himself.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry: Conduct unbecoming - Telegraph

...It was a stone-cold certainty that photographs would appear once the holidaying Prince concluded that it would be fun to take his clothes off in a Las Vegas hotel room, along with some like-minded young women he’d apparently met a few minutes earlier.......