Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you look at the photos? I rest my case...

unfortunately , damn my twitter app

I am ok with public nudity, where is a consent from person involved,but this case is violation of normal manners

LOL, too funny Tyger !!!
You might go to Costa Del Sol or Ibiza or Mykonos or even Brighton if you want to see a really blow out party. Lots of drinking/dancing/partying/nudity. Great fun, although I do believe similar parties can even happen in several areas of the US (New Orleans has already been pointed out by American posters as a great place to party)

I think two tours in afgan and he will be ok.....

This is now reached the point where I'd recommend a time out if possible for this thread. I know it won't happen but "if only". Cultural differences are really apparent and individual moral codes are taking centre stage. Just my opinion.

I just looked at the news.
At least nine people shot at randomly in NY City - that's more important
Greece in economic meltdown - way more important to Europe
And if you want a royal story, Prince Philip is not attending the Paralympics opening ceremony.

It's not CULTURAL differences, it is mostly generational, although there are some younger Conservatives on this site. Thanks for pointing out there are more important things going on. Nekkid Harry has nothing to do with any of those things. Harry is amusement, laughable, helpless and hapless.

KittyAtlanta said:
It's not CULTURAL differences, it is mostly generational, although there are some younger Conservatives on this site. Thanks for pointing out there are more important things going on. Nekkid Harry has nothing to do with any of those things. Harry is amusement, laughable, helpless and hapless.

I agree, but this is a royal forum. And this is the biggest royal story of the week. And they were kinda scandalous pics. And we are talking about the guy who's third in line to the British throne. And I had to see these pictures while trying not to spit my morning coffee all over my dog, furniture and husband.

So, let's acknowledge that it's totally reasonable that lots of people would have an opinion...

Opinions are fine, as long as they don't tread all over mine.

If other, younger, members of the royal family had pictures published of themselves naked there would be issues. If it was Beatrice or Eugenie I think we can imagine the comments, William and Catherine would be a different matter. They are the golden couple of public life, they might just be forgiven but I doubt it.
And I think this is one of my problems with this whole thing. This, "he's only having fun" attitude only extends to the males. A female royal wouldn't be able to get away with it. I mean as it is, they can't even go to engagements without someone commenting on the length of their skirts or whether their blouse is too low.

Last edited:
This is now reached the point where I'd recommend a time out if possible for this thread. I know it won't happen but "if only". Cultural differences are really apparent and individual moral codes are taking centre stage. Just my opinion.

I just looked at the news.
At least nine people shot at randomly in NY City - that's more important
Greece in economic meltdown - way more important to Europe
And if you want a royal story, Prince Philip is not attending the Paralympics opening ceremony.

Any one of us are free to take a timeout from this thread and go to others we consider more important.

I would say the shock is less moral and more about "common sense"...

And I think this is one of my problems with this whole thing. This, "he's only having fun" attitude only extends to the males. A female royal wouldn't be able to get away with it. I mean as it is, they can't even go to engagements without someone commenting on the length of their skirts or whether their blouse is too low.

Now that I agree with, particularly in regards to Beatrice and Eugenie. People would be unforgiving in all aspects.

I think two tours in afgan and he will be ok.....

He's done one, one more to go and he should be fine and dandy.

I am beginning to realize that some people still have quite Victorian notions about sexuality - something I don't encounter in my day to day life. I have relatives I rarely hear from on Facebook who are upset about this incident and in general they couldn't care less about royals. But something about sexuality gets people worked up, whereas the fact that someone is participating in (for example) a war, is perfectly fine with them.

I'll never understand it.

Some people are definitely looking at it this way, Zembia - and I too think he had a little glitch in that area, but that's why people go to Vegas!

From my point of view, it's possible to be overly concerned with common sense, and it's likely that the young royals have been expected to be very very sensible. It's natural to want to just go outside the bounds of common sense and have a party.

Now, if we hear he was having unsafe sex or a little royal baby shows up in Vegas next year, I will certainly doubt his common sense in general.

Exactly! Hit the nail on the head. I am Harry's generation, and that is exactly where I am at this. Just plain common sense.

Boris has his own take on the matter:

Tatler@TatlerUK
“The real scandal would be if you went all the way to Las Vegas and you didn’t misbehave in some trivial way" - Boris on Harrygate
Retweeted by Tom Parker Bowles

The Guardian has a story today with a PR guy saying one of the girls who sold the pics approached him, and she also had video. We'll see what happens there...

Well, I'm hoping that someone got/gets a picture of her to be splashed all over the internet and television and newspapers. It would be good to see what a true sleaze bag looks like.:ermm:

Opinions are fine, as long as they don't tread all over mine.
How very true. People on here seem to really get upset when a members opinion doesn't agree with theirs. Quite immature, actually.

Thats a good one! Yes where are the pics of this brilliant up and coming starlett of Vegas? I would also love to see what she looks like. Im sure she is the talk of Vegas right now. Her friends are all envious because she was the "chosen one". Oooh, we should all be so lucky, dont you think?

Me thinks the chosen one isn't the one who made the photo's as she's in them. Perhaps this was a jealous friend???

My mother is 72 and could care less about the pictures, although she said he looked cute - lol
There should be a law preventing people to take pictures of anyone against their will inside their private property. The person to be condemned is the girl who took the pictures. Her picture should be printed all over internet, although those kind of people would probably think the publicity is good for them.

I live in Vegas and I miss the party !hahaha! well it is all kind of people visiting here the main reason s gambling, and wild parties it is not necsary the main thing here , you would be stunt to know that some people flight in private jets just to gamble around 10 millon dollars in a week end! this is discusting for me! all that waist of money! now he being a royal wasn't smart what he did but is his private life and he will have to deal with it!

PrincessKaimi said:
I am beginning to realize that some people still have quite Victorian notions about sexuality - something I don't encounter in my day to day life. I have relatives I rarely hear from on Facebook who are upset about this incident and in general they couldn't care less about royals. But something about sexuality gets people worked up, whereas the fact that someone is participating in (for example) a war, is perfectly fine with them.

I'll never understand it.

I agree. The girl who took and sold the photos was absolutely wrong. But partying au natural? Hey, if you have it flaunt it! LOL

I have to disagree with you ashelen. Vegas has always been known as party central. In the 50s it was the place to be. Gambling, parties, drinks. The time of the rat pack. As time went on it just got more extravagent, more over the top. It was always known as the adult playground in the middle of the desert, sin city, fantasy land. It has always attracted big money and has taken from people with no money. Vegas has her way of whispering to you "anything you want is here". Its a place of excess, a place where you can have anything you want for a price. Unfortunately Harry got pulled in to her and it cost him.

I'm sure this will not go down well here, but i'm gonna say it anyway lol.

Harry was careless, the girl saw an opportunity and she took it, right or wrong. That is the way of the world today, love it or hate it. There are a whole lot of people in this crazy mixed up world who would applaud her the same way they would applaud Harry.

I agree with you cdngirl. These girls were out for more than just a pool party. They were given an opportunity to party with a Prince, something they could only dream about at any other time in thier life. They took it and ran with it and you are right, what young woman would not take advantage of that? unfortunately there are tabloids out there just waiting to pay a pretty penny for any and all pictures of famous people whether in compromising positions or not. To a young girl it could mean a college fund or a new car or rent etc.

I agree with you cdngirl. These girls were out for more than just a pool party. They were given an opportunity to party with a Prince, something they could only dream about at any other time in thier life. They took it and ran with it and you are right, what young woman would not take advantage of that? unfortunately there are tabloids out there just waiting to pay a pretty penny for any and all pictures of famous people whether in compromising positions or not. To a young girl it could mean a college fund or a new car or rent etc.

In some ways the girl who sold the photo was just the messenger.

I do believe that what she did was crass, however.

There are a few people there whose conduct was disappointing, to say the least.

I just hope that none of these 'ladies' will get pregnant and try to spin it off as if Harry could be the father. I have a feeling that these are the types of girls that were in the room that night. Not good, indeed.

I'm sure this will not go down well here, but i'm gonna say it anyway lol.

Harry was careless, the girl saw an opportunity and she took it, right or wrong. That is the way of the world today, love it or hate it. There are a whole lot of people in this crazy mixed up world who would applaud her the same way they would applaud Harry.

The people in the room who took pictures were wrong, no doubt, but putting all of the blame on them in this situation would be like walking into a bear den covered in raw meat and then blaming the bears for biting you.

Harry has the ultimate responsibility for how he wants to present himself as a person. For me, the issue is not what Harry's done - I couldn't care less if he wanted to play strip billiards with all of Vegas and a herd of goats. But expecting those sorts of things to remain private in this day and age - especially if he's doing them in a room filled with strangers and their camera phones - is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom