The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-22-2012, 11:39 PM
Aristocracy

Well if it's any consolation to 'poor harry' at least he's stopped trending on twitter lol.

He needs to check and double check that list for the next time lol.

1. Am I going to do something stupid? Yes No
2. Am I going to get stupid drunk
Yes No
3. Am I going to party with people I don't know
Yes No
4. Did I remove all cell phones from said strangers
Yes No

Old 08-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Are you sure people don´t care? Ask a homeless, ask one that doesn´t have health inssurance. I bet they care. And you suggest Harry paid for his trip and the drinks he probably invited this girls? With what money? Fact is you can´t be sure either.
First off, UK has National Health Service, as someone pointed out, so I think almost everyone in that nation is medically covered. Harry is not supported by the tax payers. He gets salary from his military job (and I also remember reading that his father provides funds for him as well, and those come from the Duchy of Cornwall). It's not hard to believe that he more than likely used his own money to finance that trip. It was a private trip, so there was no need to have it financed by the government, or anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Just heard about the naked photos.... Wonder what Prince Phillip had to say? Oh, to be a fly on Palace walls!
With his illness, this is all the poor man needs!
I have a feeling Prince Philip got a good chuckle out of this (I'd love to hear his commentary ). On a more serious note, I do agree about the fact that this could cause stress. However, Her Majesty and Prince Charles may be the ones to give Harry a talking-to.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdngirl
It's not about the nudity or the partying, at least not for me. It's the fact he let that get out on the internet. He has got to be smarter than this. This was just unbelievably stupid.

When I come on the internet, I know I how I have to conduct myself, because I know things can get back to me. I am not in the public eye, and I know this.
Think about how hard it would be to live in this world if every person you met knew they could make money off of embarrassing pictures of you, and every one of them constantly carried a camera. Someone took these pictures with a phone, probably covertly, and then sold them for a lot of money- and that someone was a person Harry liked enough to hang out with in his private room.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post

I have a feeling Prince Philip got a good chuckle out of this (I'd love to hear his commentary )*. On a more serious note, I do agree about the fact that this could cause stress. However, Her Majesty and Prince Charles may be the ones to give Harry a talking-to.
I don't see Phillip finding it funny.
Same here, hence the " Oh to be a fly" comment!
Agree with all else!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Think about how hard it would be to live in this world if every person you met knew they could make money off of embarrassing pictures of you, and every one of them constantly carried a camera. Someone took these pictures with a phone, probably covertly, and then sold them for a lot of money- and that someone was a person Harry liked enough to hang out with in his private room.
It can happen anytime, anyplace, with anyone. That is the mantra he has to say over and over and act accordingly. Not fair, hell no! but that is how it is.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee27
If you are not a fan of nudity, then please stay away from New Orleans during Mardi Gras, especially Fat Tuesday in the French Quarter.

Women stand on balconies expose their breast to complete nudity for plastic beads thrown by guys on the street below. You won't see this many boobs in a strip club.

On one of my visits, Men were flashing their junk all over the place.

It happened, too late to close the barn door. Harry will have to live with these pictures forever on the Internet.
I live in New Orleans, and I totally agree. It's disgusting, so much so that growing numbers of locals leave during that time.

However, unlike Harry, you will get arrested for showing this much skin on Bourbon St. (sorry for the OT post.)
Old 08-23-2012, 12:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Agree with all else!
Oh I suspect Philip could find some humour in the situation. He was once a young, single serviceman who ladies found quite attractive and liked to have a good time too.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:08 AM
Courtier

This article says it very well:
Prince Harry: Conduct unbecoming - Telegraph
Old 08-23-2012, 01:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I think I have seen the photos tihkon2 is referring to...I am passionately interested in the ill-fated Romanovs and I own several books about them.

There is a coffee table book called The Lost World of Nicholas and Alexandra or something like that...Tsar Nicky apparently liked to swim nude in the Gulf of Finland while on holiday. And there is a photographic record of it.

Let's just say his late Imperial Majesty was in great shape and leave it at that.

leene...Harry was not having sex in those photos.
If swimming in the nude is at best questionable behaviour then all of Scandinavia, Finland and parts of Russia are in trouble. Amazingly most of us have turned out quite ordinary even though we were exposed to nude people swimming and enjoying a sauna from a very early age.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Majesty

I can't believe this! I come home after a hard days work and find that we seem to be taking the "normal" bypass. Have some of you people lost your minds? Had a humorectomy? What were you thinking when you posted such sanctimonious wittering.

Harry invited some girls to join the party. (Pretty normal)

Harry played strip billiards. (OK, strip poker is passé!)

We got a shot of his naked butt. Hmm, nice buns.

We got a shot of his naked front . . . jewels cupped. (Not so drunk as to fail to hide his modesty and if the photos in the Mail, allegedly taken an hour after were in fact taken an hour after . . definitely not looking drunk.

But some of you pulled the pin and decided he's still traumatised (presumably by his mother's death), is an alcoholic and obviously in need of a royal or military intervention and, just to complete his degradation, was engaged in a "threesome" (thank you very much for that picture Scooter, I expected no less).

What can I say? Get a life!

He's single and having fun. (Oh, that is bad)

He forgot to get someone to frisk everyone for their cell phones. (Ah, a strip search, that will really add to the ambiance of any convivial gathering).

He protected the jewels . . . ya gotta love that guy!

Basically this is all much ado about nothing. No harm no foul, but I have to agree that those posters outside of the UK certainly seem to be more morally outraged at the supposed depravity.

Get out your draping and head for those table legs because we're warping back to 1912!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well....dear Prince Harry. I hope it was all worth it and that you got lots of fun and enjoyment out of your trip. You will never hear the end of this and will be ribbed mercilessly by your friends and probably your brother and sister-in-law. Grandpa Prince Philip will probably envy you your youth and Grandma the Queen will probably get a good laugh out of it - once she had given you her best Grandma the Queen lashing.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Agree with all else!
Oops. I misunderstood. It's hard to tell the tone when communicating via Internet .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Majesty

Harry should consider himself fortunate that the "friend" was holding a cell-phone and not something more deadly.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdngirl View Post
There wouldn't be a scandal, because the PR person will see to that. No one would be any the wiser.
Really? Only if HM herself paid for it. Otherwise, I think the way the princes spend money has been pretty transparent. Hiring a Hollywood publicist to take away sell phones (or any other sort of publicist) is going to make the news.

Royalty have always been "ordinary" people who have a particular rank due to inheritance - unless you actually believe that there was once divine favor. That's the whole point, though. I am not in favor of doing away with inheritance, and I think people should make of that practice what they will - as we all do. The context in which modern royalty developed is deep and rich, in terms of showing what inheritance can do. Without that model, we would just have to reinvent it.

To what degree other people who are not part of the family wish to support it, is another issue. Right now, it is HM and Prince Phillip who are supported by "the people," IIRC. William and Harry have regular jobs (and income from a father whose inherited state is substantial).

Lots of people in the world like this, only a few of them are subject to such public scrutiny.

And to me, that makes them something rather more than ordinary.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:03 AM
Serene Highness

You know, sorry if people think Im being overly dramatic, which I dont think I am, it just really disturbs me that Harry takes things so lightly. He was born into a family that whether he likes it or not happens to be royal and Im sorry but he is not an ordinary kid who can just do whatever he darn well pleases. He may think he can but obviously it backfires each and every time he tries to act " normal ". He is getting older, he is not a teenager and he is certainly not just an ordinary guy with no resposibilities. He doesnt seem to think first before he does something. He acts in the moment and unfortunately by doing so he puts his family on the spot. I understand he is who he is but my goodness for once can he stop to think of others before he does something? Geez, he acts as if its all about him and he doesnt have a care in the world. Im just saying.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:20 AM
Super Moderator

A couple of years ago, I would have been outraged with Harry's behaviour and will have got onto my high horse and admonished him for his unregal actions! But for some reason, I'm not this time. Had it been William or anyone else, I'd still be outraged, but maybe I've come to accept the way Harry is. I once went to a party where there was a jacuzzi and so I jumped in it and threw my swim shorts out. I then got out of the tub and fell into a monkey-puzzle tree.....now that's a shot the press would have liked!
Old 08-23-2012, 02:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
That works best when it's one's own event or room.

My understanding is that this is not taking place in Harry's room.
I think it was in his bungalow.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:00 AM
Majesty

Just checking the news online and found an article and poll on Stuff.co.nz
Stuff.co.nz - Latest New Zealand News & World News, Sports News & NZ Weather Forecasts

Scandal: 710 votes = 7.6%

Harmless Fun: 9294 = 92.6%

I guess that says it all for NZ.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Without judging about moral aspects of Harry's behaviour, moral duty etc., I've always thought that in a photo era we live in, the people ( mainly celebrities or other well-known stuff, as politicians) just can't hide their privacy, so Harry could have been more attentive.
But so far I see no scandal here, as Harry is neither married nor engaged, it can't harm deeply his reputation. After all, "naked Harry at a party" didn't make me surprised, if it were other prince or princess...
Besides all, he is not direct heir as his elder brother is , as the heirs always are very cautious.
All this matter reminded me of a different scandal some years ago, it was " Royal Blackmail " video and nobody knows which royal had been involved there.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:34 AM
Serene Highness

Really Lenora? You dont think there was anything wrong with what he did? Am I the only prude out there or for that matter, am I the only woman, who was once young mind you, that believes in being respectful of your elders, your family your heritage? I mean really people, there is no such thing as restraint anymore with young people. I dont understand it. How can anyone bring such shame to thier family and not even CARE what the outcome will be? Seriously, forget the naked pics, how can you not think about your family and how things will affect them? Can people really be that selfish and self centered that all they think about is themselves and what makes them and only them happy? I really hate to think that Harry IS that selfish and self centered and that he only cares about himself. He seemed so genuine on his visits as a representative for the Queen and really seemed like he cared but, this makes me think he was just a fake. Could he really be that heartless? Im starting to wonder what the real reason is that he has not been able to have a meaningful relationship with anyone. I would hate to think that he could care less what his father and granny think or his brother for that matter. I wonder about his character now and if he really is such a fantastic individual. I believe in being yourself and enjoying life to the fullest but, when it comes at such a high price, I would never do that to my family or to myself for that matter. Just my opinion.