Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And Im sorry but this Arthur Landon guy who supposedly is Harrys friend is a total loser. Friend, yeah right. Such a sob story. Boo Hoo. He sure didnt try to do anything about this so called girl. He was there, oh my bad, maybe he was too stoned to comprehend what was happening at the time. Sorry, I think this guy is a complete dodo bird. Like HE didnt know this would happen? Just a bunch of unknowns in a room and these guys thinking everyone in the room is going to cross thier hearts and pinky promise not to reveal anything that goes on? Really? Talk about naive.

What about all the children who are helped by Harry's charitable works? Are they going to think, "When I grow up, I want to be a partyer like Prince Harry?"

QUOTE]

I suspect the children of Lesotho who benefit from Sentebele are more concerned about getting food, clothing and education than they are about there Patrons holiday in Vegas. Lets try and keep things in their proper perspective shall we.

O.k. Moving on, I would now like to see the outcome of this situation. Lets hope Harry realizes there are alot of people depending on him for not only his charity work but for his ability to be a role model for youth. Thats all.

All I know is that if I were a young person with Harry as a patron, I'd feel let down. That's my perspective, and I have as much right to my opinion as you do.

What about all the children who are helped by Harry's charitable works? Are they going to think, "When I grow up, I want to be a partyer like Prince Harry?"

QUOTE]

I suspect the children of Lesotho who benefit from Sentebele are more concerned about getting food, clothing and education than they are about there Patrons holiday in Vegas. Lets try and keep things in their proper perspective shall we.

All I know is that if I were a young person with Harry as a patron, I'd feel let down. That's my perspective, and I have as much right to my opinion as you do.

I know you were addressing NGalitzine, but I just want to say if one of the children of my charity would use this against me and ignore everything I've ever done for him or her, then I would be hurt and even insulted.

Wow, the morality police and pop psychologists are really out in full force

Maybe the 'morality police' is what Harry needs lol. He sure needs something, because this current episode, was the high point of stupidity on his part.

Frankly I don't think anything will change. Harry will be slightly admonished and his privledge life will go on. That is what this is about 'privledge'. He knows he will get away with this yet again, and just move on to some other stupid move at some future date, where the cycle will just continue. There is never any consequence to Harry's actions, so why should he even bother using his brain.

If you were a kid living in Lesotho, one of the poorest nations in the world, where half the population suffer from HIV AIDS I suspect you would be rather greatful for any help that came your way. You would also be unlikely to have access to the internet and know that Harry went to LV let alone have seen pictures of him in the nude.

Alright, I cant help myself. At least I can admit it. :) What do you think William is thinking about all this? Do you suppose he will have anything to say to Harry? They are supposed to be very close or at least they were at one time. Maybe big brother can get through to him.

I know you were addressing NGalitzine, but I just want to say if one of the children of my charity would use this against me and ignore everything I've ever done for him or her, then I would be hurt and even insulted.

For anyone who deals with children - like teachers - there is something called 'moral turpitude' in the US.

It's a bit twisted around that you would be 'insulted' by a child who holds you to a high ideal.

Maybe the 'morality police' is what Harry needs lol. He sure needs something, because this current episode, was the high point of stupidity on his part.

Frankly I don't think anything will change. Harry will be slightly admonished and his privledge life will go on. That is what this is about 'privledge'. He knows he will get away with this yet again, and just move on to some other stupid move at some future date, where the cycle will just continue. There is never any consequence to Harry's actions, so why should he even bother using his brain.

Agree. Well said.

Last edited:
Alright, I cant help myself. At least I can admit it. :) What do you think William is thinking about all this? Do you suppose he will have anything to say to Harry? They are supposed to be very close or at least they were at one time. Maybe big brother can get through to him.

I think William will be sympathetic if you want to know the truth. He may tease him for getting caught out and remind him not to trust strangers (Circle of Trust and all that), but if anyone knows what Harry is going through it's William. I don't think he will lecture him. Doesn't seem the type to me.

I don't think this is normal or acceptable behavior of any guy. Why would any woman want to marry someone who acts like this? I wouldn't want any daughter I had to get involved with someone who behaves this way.

LaRae
= one of the best posts I've read.

Prince Harry's biggest problem is not with the Queen or Prince of Wales but with his military superiors.

Maybe children in Lesotho that benefit from Sentebele won't know or care, but children that benefit from WellChild in UK very well might. I'm sure that they more than likely have access to the news, and if not via Internet than via television, or the conversations of their parents. You'd be surprised at what children hear and understand.

Royal Newbie said:
I think William will be sympathetic if you want to know the truth. He may tease him for getting caught out and remind him not to trust strangers (Circle of Trust and all that), but if anyone knows what Harry is going through it's William. I don't think he will lecture him. Doesn't seem the type to me.

I think when this first came out William would have been unmercifully teasing him. Now that it has blown to such insane proportions, I would guess that william has his brother's back and will be there to support Harry however he can.

There's nothing "mental" about nudity or sexuality.

Media is all around Harry, he's used to it. When not quite sober, he goes a bit overboard. They called it an Attention Getting Mechanism when I was in ed. school. He's a bit old to be still carrying on like this (I"m so glad my own children have outgrown this phase), but it's not surprising that a privileged lad would keep his youthful rebellion going a bit longer.

Lord knows he has a lifetime of dull duty ahead of him if he doesn't watch out.

I think when this first came out William would have been unmercifully teasing him. Now that it has blown to such insane proportions, I would guess that william has his brother's back and will be there to support Harry however he can.

I tend to agree with the both of you. If anyone knows what Harry's going through, it's his brother. He understands how merciless the media and public can get, so he can definitely offer support. He may tease him about this, but maybe after a sufficient amount of time has passed (or maybe not, since a little bit of humor can never hurt in a time of stress).

Any true family member would offer support at a time like this.

Wow, the morality police and pop psychologists are really out in full force and for some odd reason they largely seem to be from outside the UK.

I have to agree. I'm also rather appalled by the far reaching "implications" and "diagnoses" being made by some people. He was foolish, he didn't think .... that's it!!!!! I don't think there is any other "dark or convoluted " reason for his behavior, just pure thoughtlessness.

I don't understand why there's so much fuss about those leaked photos. So he played a strip-party-game and was romping around in the nude. I haven't read anything about any obscene public behavior or talking -- are people really, genuinely scandalized by this? It's not as if he's gone out on a drug/drink/sex orgy binge, he's just naked playing with other people who are, assumingly, also willingly naked for the game?

I just don't see what the big deal is about him being nude in a private party playing pool -- yes he's a prince but this doesn't seem to be on par with past incidents (Nazi costume, for example) that was clearly inappropriate behavior.

Support him? How can he support his little brother? Tell him its o.k. and it will all blow over? Tell him to next time be more careful? Oh I know, he will say, "Harry dear brother do NOT ever invite people to your room when you are in Vegas unless you have made sure ALL phones have been confiscated and everyone has had a pat down, purse check, etc. And for goodness sake keep your clothes on next time! " If that is what he will do then I dont know what to say. Again the family comforting poor Harry and telling him its o.k. Really? I was kind of hoping for more the brotherly " hey whats wrong with you? Have you lost your mind?".

Support him? How can he support his little brother? Tell him its o.k. and it will all blow over? Tell him to next time be more careful? Oh I know, he will say, "Harry dear brother do NOT ever invite people to your room when you are in Vegas unless you have made sure ALL phones have been confiscated and everyone has had a pat down, purse check, etc. And for goodness sake keep your clothes on next time! " If that is what he will do then I dont know what to say. Again the family comforting poor Harry and telling him its o.k. Really? I was kind of hoping for more the brotherly " hey whats wrong with you? Have you lost your mind?".

I think Wills' support may come in the way of being able to relate, not necessarily tell Harry that what he did was OK. Anyhow, this article (and I don't know how reliable it is) gives a little bit of Prince Charles' reaction:

Prince Harry naked Vegas pictures: Prince Charles orders embarrassed son to lie low - Mirror Online

Exactly. People who are leaders have a responsibility to those they lead.

For anyone who deals with children - like teachers - there is something called 'moral turpitude' in the US.

It's a bit twisted around that you would be 'insulted' by a child who holds you to a high ideal.

LadyGabrielle said:

There are plenty of people in Harry's life whose responsibility it is to tell Harry what he did wrong and what he should have done. His brother, who knows him better than anyone, will be the one telling him whatever Harry needs to hear. Maybe it will be telling him it will all blow over and just being there for him. Harry knows he messed up, and he knows he as disappointed his family and his responsibilities. everyone needs someone in their corner when their world is crashing down on them. For Harry I believe that person will be william.

But thats what Im saying Daria. Thats it? Lie low and keep out of site? Thats pretty lame if you ask me. As for the body guard thing, I think they should also be in trouble even though they say they did nothing wrong. As for his so called friends, well thats another story. So apparently Harry has suffered enough because of embarassment?

I have full sympathy for AIDs orphans, believe me. The best defense against being an AIDs orphan is having parents who are sexually faithful to each other. Behaviour such as Harry's (getting naked and liquored up) with women he had recently met is the kind of behaviour that can lead to the spread of disease and unintended pregnancy. I'm not suggesting that Harry was sexually intimate with the women in the room, but I am suggesting that reckless sexual behavior is more likely to take place under those conditions than if people were sitting around sober and fully clothed. Someone who is publicly against the effects of AIDS shouldn't engage in behaviour that could potentially lead to the spread of it.

If you were a kid living in Lesotho, one of the poorest nations in the world, where half the population suffer from HIV AIDS I suspect you would be rather greatful for any help that came your way.

I thinbk this is more a media scandal than a real one.Or does anyone think this is the first time Harry partied naked or semi-naked on a hot day in a hot town?

But thats what Im saying Daria. Thats it? Lie low and keep out of site? Thats pretty lame if you ask me. As for the body guard thing, I think they should also be in trouble even though they say they did nothing wrong. As for his so called friends, well thats another story. So apparently Harry has suffered enough because of embarassment?

I think there ought to be more consequences, but I have a feeling there probably won't be (unless his military superiors choose to take some sort of action). I'll tell you this; if he were my son, he'd be in a lot of trouble, because there's no reason for anyone to behave in this manner. His PPOs are not his babysitters, and shouldn't have to make sure he makes mature decisions, so in my eyes, they're not to blame. If he needs someone to remind him how to behave appropriately, then he's not ready to be doing any sort of representing of anything or anyone. I doubt that this is the first time Harry has partied totally or partially nude, but it is the first time that anyone outside of those present saw the evidence. If he wants to spend his free time in that fashion, that's his business and choice, but he should be intelligent enough to make sure it stays between the people at the gathering only.

I have full sympathy for AIDs orphans, believe me. The best defense against being an AIDs orphan is having parents who are sexually faithful to each other. Behaviour such as Harry's (getting naked and liquored up) with women he had recently met is the kind of behaviour that can lead to the spread of disease and unintended pregnancy. I'm not suggesting that Harry was sexually intimate with the women in the room, but I am suggesting that reckless sexual behavior is more likely to take place under those conditions than if people were sitting around sober and fully clothed. Someone who is publicly against the effects of AIDS shouldn't engage in behaviour that could potentially lead to the spread of it.

I'm seeing this as an example of 'do as I say, but not as I do'-type of behavior, and it's rather hypocritical and well, disgusting, but that's just my view, of course. Also, I'm very interested to know why so many consider what Harry did as 'acceptable' and 'normal', when it's neither. It just tells me that our society holds little to nothing sacred, and things like committed romantic relationships are becoming very difficult for younger generations to understand. Harry's not being a good role model to anyone with a stunt like this, and it's rather sad.

William tease Harry? It would be a little hypocritical don´t you think so? He better mind his in-laws reputation.

Ok, Harry did a stupid thing, but I find some cirticism a bit harsh. I feel sorry for this guy for the way the scandal is being sold. He is to blame, but I wonder how many times did it happen and if he has a problem with drinking. His family had better mind this issue if they care about him.

its one thing to party hard and pay for it, but another one to do it on somebody else's expense. Especially as a royal, one should not accept such favours or freebees because there is always the question, what does this person get in return, in this case priceless advertisement. Harrry has a job and is rich in his own right because of his inheritance, why on earth does he jet around the world as a freeloader? And instead of blaming the girl who took the pics one should rather ask the question about Prince Harry's judgement.

Looking at the comments, under these circumstances the opinion quickly turns negative since it becomes Andrew-ish behaviour and Harry turning into another Andrew is something that will tarnish the image of the monarchy, no matter how popular Harry and his "laddish behaviour" might have been at times.
'When Prince Harry is in Vegas, he stays at the Wynn': How billionaire hotelier waived the £30,000 bill | Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2192820/Someone-drum-sense-royal-party-animal-late.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-They-saw-prince-snapped-busy-having-fun.html

After the sparkling jubilee and the Olympics, what a disservice from Harry. Its like gone from peoples minds, having held the naked pics into their faces. Its like two steps forward for the whole family and now 5 steps back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom