The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
We pay for the security. Not the trip, facts again. If the people who do pay, don't mind, then why should you?
The issue of tax always seem to invite argument into a conversation when the actual person paying the 58p a year doesn't care. Amazes me actually.
Are you sure people don´t care? Ask a homeless, ask one that doesn´t have health inssurance. I bet they care. And you suggest Harry paid for his trip and the drinks he probably invited this girls? With what money? Fact is you can´t be sure either.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Wow....just wow. I only bolded part of you wrote, but that was enlightening--and not in a good way.

I wouldn't consider that the norm in the U.S.
Depends upon where you live. Until recently, I lived in New Orleans and had for most of my life. It's completely the norm there.

Also, honestly? It's very, very fun. Not something anyone should get up to long term, or every weekend, but the occasional weekend of total debauchery with friends can be not only fun and memorable, but totally harmless.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Commoner

how do we know he was drink ? because he went to a bar. i feel like bad judgement he shouldnt have had them girls up there, which i m sure he did before at one point in this didnt happen, but its not the end of the world. he is not married with kids so its a lesson learned
Old 08-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The palace is trying to ban the photos.

Quote:
A St James’s Palace spokesman confirmed that it had contacted the Press Complaints Commission about the images, which were published on a US celebrity website and widely circulated online.

The two pictures, taken on a mobile phone in a hotel suite, were taken by a fellow reveller, and sold for an estimated £10,000.
Palace tries to ban naked photos of Prince Harry - Telegraph
Old 08-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Commoner

and its sad because there still are more photos out there and can turn up at anytime. but were were his friends ? at this point it would had been good to have one to stop it from happening instead of living in the moment
Old 08-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post

goodluck because there everywere in still more to be seen
Old 08-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

DM has an article up where it lists all the places "naked Harry" pics are - I came across them accidentally on Huff Po. So it's too late to ban them, really. I read that the girls in the pictures worked for TMZ - don't know if it's true or not but he should be more careful.

I can't get that worked up about them -they seemed like normal guy stuff to me.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Are you sure people don´t care? Ask a homeless, ask one that doesn´t have health inssurance. I bet they care. And you suggest Harry paid for his trip and the drinks he probably invited this girls? With what money? Fact is you can´t be sure either.
Dont get what you are saying - what's this about health insurance? You are making comments when you really don't understand the UK. We have a National Health Service which is available to UK citizens. And actually, they probably dont care - the responses in the UK press are that he is an off-duty soldier on R&R and good luck to him; shame about his so called friends.

Not judgemental - which is healthy.

And the more judgemental this gets, the more he has my support. So many self-righteous comments on here, as if no one has ever made a mistake.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-22-2012, 07:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

1h Prince Charles@Charles_HRH
You don't have to take one's clothes off, to have a good time. Oh no

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/wo...imes&seid=auto

I am not shocked, he just took his clothes off and was joking with 2 women.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Courtier

personally, I've known plenty of people in their 20's, 30's and 40's who are either in the military and/or police force that have done things like this on leave/days off. literally they get s*&t faced and do tons of stupid stuff. and this is where they live! God forbid they go to Vegas. I don't think it has anything to do with maturing, but has a lot to do with blowing off steam/stress. When people drink, they let their inhabitions (sp?) down. I see nothing wrong with what he did. I would rather see him cavorting around naked, than find out he had a 1 night stand with some strang girl who later says she is pregnant! I'm sure his father and his uncle and his past realtives have done more to incure that rath of the Queen.
I just feel sorry for the guy that he let his gaurd down for awhile and got snapped in a silly situation. No matter what he does, he is gonna get caught and he is stupid if he does not realize that by now. They all pay the price the next morning regardless of who or what you are!!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I see! That´s why British are not complaining!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:25 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post
DM has an article up where it lists all the places "naked Harry" pics are - I came across them accidentally on Huff Po. So it's too late to ban them, really. I read that the girls in the pictures worked for TMZ - don't know if it's true or not but he should be more careful.

one of the girls sold the photo to tmz no girls from tmz was there
Old 08-22-2012, 07:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself1995 View Post

They're trying to ban the publication of the pictures in the UK newspapers. We're currently in the middle of a massive public inquiry into the actions of the press, and more specifically newspapers. The RF have an agreement of some sort with the UK press that they won't post pictures of the royals when they're in private places; so we'll see pictures of Harry coming out of a club, but they can't post pictures of Harry at a private house party, for example, as that's considered a breach of Harry's right to privacy.

The British press are pretty scared at the moment in light of the inquiry and are worried that it's likely to lead to much stiffer regulation of the press, so they've been erring on the side of caution and chose not to publish, for example, the pictures of William and Kate on their honeymoon.

It goes without saying that no such agreement is possible with foreign media, and you'll notice that the websites that have published these photos so far are based outside the UK.

Quote:
Are you serious in calling "drinking in excess" normal? The fact that many people do it doesnt make it normal. The word normal implyes lack of excess, quiet the opposite.

And let´s nt forget who pays for this trips.

Prince Harry: security is a 'nightmare' - Telegraph
I meant normal in the sense that getting very drunk is not seen as 'excessive' to most young British people. I would be considered 'abnormal' in choosing not to get really drunk on a night out.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Aristocracy

lol, it is way to late to ban these photos. This is the age of Twitter, and social networking. It's out there and it ain't leaving.

It's obvious NOT a lesson learned, since idiocy like this has happened before with Harry.

At this point he just has to suck, ah go with the, uh he just has to move on lmao.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I see! That´s why British are not complaining!
You seem to know next to nothing about the UK, yet enjoy making presumptions about the British people as if you know what you're talking about.

The British press may not choose to publish these photos, but we do have the internet in the UK, and we can view foreign websites. All we have to do is go to any number of websites based outside the UK to see them, and I'll bet that most Brits have by now.

The UK is not communist China; we're not denied information or access to the internet in its entirety. For your information, this story has been covered extensively on the UK TV news, they just haven't shown the 2 pictures of Harry in his birthday suit.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

These sorts of categorisation have been around for decades - dutiful Elizabeth v wild Margaret, staid Charles v randy Andy and now boring William v indiscreet Harry - and will continue into the next generation if William and Kate have more than one child - the elder will be the 'good' one and the second the 'bad' one.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
We pay for the security. Not the trip, facts again. If the people who do pay, don't mind, then why should you?
The issue of tax always seem to invite argument into a conversation when the actual person paying the 58p a year doesn't care. Amazes me actually.

The 58 p you are paying if for their official duties not their protection which runs into millions more.

However if I was a taxpayer paying for his security and expecting him to represent me on the world stage I would expect more discretion.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Commoner

it is someting that happen people his family did things in the past so it will soon be in the past
Old 08-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Serene Highness

OMG! Harry, Harry, what have you done? This is NOT at all funny. I new there would be trouble. I had a feeling things would get out of hand. When it comes to Vegas I dont trust anyone at a party scene, especially if you are famous. There is always someone there who is willing to betray trust just to make a buck. Its Vegas mentality unfortunately. Money is the name of the game and it doesnt matter sometimes what you have to do to get it. This really sucks. He should have known better and his so called friends should have protected him, yeah,right. All in it was a HUGE mistake and total lack of good judgement. Im sure the people who are getting paid for these pictures are thinking Harry was an easy target and they are Im sure laughing all the way to the bank. As for the women, they got what they wanted. What a terrible situation to be in. I cant believe Harry is so gullable to think that people wont betray him if given the chance or does he do it on purpose? Is he wanting negative publicity? I would hope not. And as for being young? Hogwash. He knows better. He knows all eyes are on him. Come on Harry. Please.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:13 PM
Courtier

For me, it's not so much that he did this, but that it got out. I would never begrudge someone having fun, and if he wants to get naked - whatever, who is it hurting?. My issue is more that he, his protection officer AND his friends allowed him to get in that situation with absolute strangers. his 'regular' circle of friends haven't (IIRC) ever sold him out - it's always been a 'friend of a friend' type who has. Why would he think that a perfect stranger wouldn't sell him out if friends of friends have in the past?