Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not old fashioned, you were simply brought up with good manners.

My take exactly. You enjoy and keep silent. Bragging about being "hand-picked" for the prince is definately not behaviour of a lady. Oh, there is no need to be a lady nowadays...

Artemisia said:
'We kissed for 15 to 20 minutes': Blonde reveals her 'drunken fumble' with a naked Prince Harry on his infamous wild night in Vegas

I'll refrain from expressing my opinion about Carrie Reichert apart from this one comment: she is no lady - and I don't mean her social class.

Artemisia said:
I beg to differ: I may be old-fashioned but a woman who goes to press with intimate details about a third party is no lady in my book.
If it were the other way round, if Harry chose to reveal such details about a woman, I would have said the exact same thing about him - that he is not gentleman.

I agree; she's no lady. There's no need to talk about things that are meant to be private. She wants her fifteen minutes of fame, and nothing more.

Right off the top of my head I can think of four things Harry could have done to prevent this situation, while still having a good time in Vegas.

1)He could have decided not to invite a bunch of complete strangers into his hotel suite to party, instead sticking with people he actually knows well and trusts.
2)If he absolutely had to invite a bunch of complete strangers back to his room to party, he could have made confiscation of their phones a condition of entry - and then personally seen to it, (once again, it's not the job of the protection officers to do this).
3)If he didn't want to confiscate the phones of his new friends then he could have shot down the idea of 'strip' anything and kept his clothes on. A picture of Harry in his swim trunks hugging a woman in a bikini may have shown up on a couple of websites, but no one would think anything of it.

Of course, all of the above depend on:
4)He could have decided not to get so drunk that he was unable to think through the ramifications of his choices.

:previous: Yep. Simple, really. It's not rocket surgery.

Carrie Reichert may have thought her comments on how innocent the events of that night might help Prince Harry with public opinion and his family.

Remember she could have said much worse, and who could have contradicted her??

True she is getting her 15 minutes of fame -- but she could have described her time with Prince Harry much more sexual. Instead, if everyone had had their clothes on, this would have been a nothing event.

Carrie Reichert may have thought her comments on how innocent the events of that night might help Prince Harry with public opinion and his family.

True she is getting her 15 minutes of fame -- but she could have described her time with Prince Harry much more sexual. Instead, if everyone had had their clothes on, this would have been a nothing event.

I think you're right on the money here. In some ways she satisfied the public's curiosity with a very tame story. She could have said much worse, she could have made up much worse. I would think the palace is sighing with relief.

....In this case, Harry allowed himself the most random sort of assignation - the potential consequences of doing so with someone he did not know should have been obvious to him....
You make a very good point. In my opinion, Harry - and only Harry - is responsible for not ensuring that cell phones were collected by the bodyguards at the beginning of the private party and then returned at the end of the evening. Anybody who did not comply should have been asked to leave. Harry's bodyguards are precisely that - they are not his babysitters.

And if Harry was too 'wasted' to make this decision, then he needs to examine his relationship with alcohol. We hold people who get behind the wheel of a car and drive while intoxicated responsible for their actions -and it should be so with all decisions made while drinking.

The general mood of most of the public is to forgive Harry's latest transgression in Vegas. However, this is probably the last 'pass' that he will get - if a similar situation occurs in the future, I don't think the majority will be in any hurry to forgive.

I think you're right on the money here. In some ways she satisfied the public's curiosity with a very tame story. She could have said much worse, she could have made up much worse. I would think the palace is sighing with relief.

I agree - this has all the scent of helping Harry out - and still she's getting kicked. After this non-story all the other gossip will be relegated to the back-burner (for now). It becomes all about a sweet encounter with a pretty young lady. Somebody knows their PR. Impressive. And the sweet young thing takes the fall - as they usually do.

So the fact that Harry and his posse ''selected'' women for their party is less offensive than the girl mentioning that they kissed, he was drunk, (obviously) being naked (we saw that) and likes to give random hugs.

Side-eyeing all of you.

I say, get that money girlfriend.

Last edited by a moderator:
A woman (or a man for that matter) who sells her sexual experiences for cash is little better than a prostitute in my mind.

There was an article in last week's Sunday Times (which I won't link to as it's paywalled) that I've just got around to reading. Within it are the results of a YouGov poll which found that 68% of Britons thought Harry's behaviour was acceptable for a young single man having fun on a private holiday. 75% of those polled said they still had a positive opinion of him, and 61% felt The Sun were wrong to publish the pictures.

The article also quoted the former head of the royal protection squad, Dai Davies, as saying that the protection officers didn't do their job properly. He said,

"I disagree with Hogan-Howe (Metropolitan Police Commissioner) when he says it's not their job to keep a moral watch. It is their job to keep an overall watch and that can come in a variety of ways".

There's not all that much for Harry or the BRF to worry about here.

Last edited:
. . . . But this isn't the 'gigantic reveal'. We already know what that would have been - and it's very likely the pay-off was HUGE to snaffle up that video. Methinks it was Mr Wynn who did the honors there . . .
How do we already "know" it was a video? Could you please quote your source?

If Mr Wynne was reportedly angry about the incident might the reason be simple economics? People pay very large amounts of money to stay at his hotel and hotel security is supposed to weed out opportunists. Such an incident graphically illustrates what happens when the ball is dropped. Celebrities who value their privacy will think twice about using his hotel if they believe they could be spied on and exploited by "fellow guests".

Look, I like Harry- who doesn't? He seems lovable, warm, good at what he does (what he's supposed to do, that is!). But he put himself into a position that makes him look like an insensitive jerk who only gives a damn about his own wants and needs. Just because he can have whatever he wants doesn't mean he should have it. No respect for anyone...
I´m starting to feel sorry for Harry in advance if there is a video. But again, it is his fault who he parties with and how. First the party in Necker, then Vegas, how long? 4,5 days? How does one keep up with it? I suspect how.
And he should get rid of some toxic friends. I doubt that Skippy guy pays for the trip and luxury hotel, he´s there because he has a famous "friend". And the one that took a picture of him laying in the sand in Necker and published it on facebook. Those are not friends.

All this this much more distressing because it´s Harry. The guy exudes charm and goodness and I cannot imagine how embarrassed he should be. He doesn´t deserve this, but again he shares the fault.

He appears to be quite charming in public, and I've read several accounts of his private charm in superficial settings - which reminds me very much of the charisma his late mother had - it wasn't until much later that we learned of the very different private life she was leading. I am not suggesting this will be the case w/ Harry (indeed, I hope not,) but I am just recalling how very taken I was w/ the illusion (fairytale) I saw back then - of course I was much younger and more naive then. Similarly, I've read that the public was captivated by Edward VIII, yet his private life was far from exemplary. I simply can't judge Harry's character positively or negatively based on his public persona.

In regards to the 'friends,' the saying "with friends like that, who needs enemies?" comes to mind.

It occurred to me as I read the varying reactions to the whole thing, that people judge behavior through the lens of their own culture. Someone living in a culture where Burqas are the norm will judge this incident more harshly than someone who grew up watching Monty Python.
Setting aside my own cultural bias, and looking to Harry's milieu it seems, based on poll results referenced in the press, the British public judge Harry's behavior as being w/in accepted norms. Moreover, his fellow soldiers appear to feel Harry's privacy was grossly intruded upon and are sympathetic to him - judging from the whole nude salute movement.
Even though conduct may be appropriate in one's own country, it is not acceptable to ignore cultural norms in countries one is visiting, IMO. I believe, based on my own visits and the billboards and those disgusting strip club adverts they thrust at you w/ nude/mostly nude women's pictures when you try to walk down the street in Vegas, and based on shows on offer in Vegas such as Zumanity, that playing nude billards in a private suite is certainly w/in accepted norms in Las Vegas. If this incident had occurred in US flyover land my conclusion would be different.
My conclusion, therefore, is that in both milieux, Harry's conduct was acceptable.
He is not the heir to the throne, thus the expectations regarding him are different than the pressures placed on his brother. Even assuming arguendo that his behavior should be judged in the same light as William's is judged, sometimes the role which a person is forced to assume by fate causes the person to rise to the challenge, remember Kings Edward VII and George VI, neither seemed particularly promising before they ascended the throne.

This 'scandal' broke 2 weeks ago and the very best of the dirt diggers have been digging for every piece of malfeasance they can find and publish w/out being sued for libel and all they can come up with is one lengthy kiss followed by an amicable parting? And unsubstantiated claims that 'some people were high on 'mrooms' when they got to the party, some people had smoked dope and some people used cocaine at the party, but Prince Harry did none of this. Indeed, there's not even a claim that one of his group did any of this or that any of them saw any of this conduct occurring.
Time for the press vultures to move on in search of fresh blood, IMO.

A woman (or a man for that matter) who sells her sexual experiences for cash is little better than a prostitute in my mind.
Well, she's a pole dancer, so not paragon of virtue either way.
Anyway, it is possible she had up the whole encounter in the first place.

Prince Harry and the pole dancer: Vegas strip party row takes new twist
Prince Harry was said to be furious last night at claims he cavorted naked with a pole dancer. A royal source said: “It’s untrue.”
The pole-dancing blonde was last night locked in a war of words with royal aides. Carrie Reichert says she joined the prince in his hotel suite during his strip billiards party in Las Vegas and spent 20 minutes kissing during a “drunken fumble” with him in his bedroom. The 32-year-old, who was born in Britain, said in a newspaper interview: “We kissed, he was naked at the time, and pretty open. It was a drunken fumble. It wasn’t romantic, just fun. “He was a gentleman, but he was so wasted. The alcohol affected him. I was there for 15 to 20 minutes.” But last night a royal source branded the claims “completely untrue” and insisted Carrie was not among the guests in Harry’s £5,100-a-night suite.
15 minutes of fame might cost her if she deliberately lied.

Last edited:

I disagree. Adults who engage in consenting sexual acts of any sort with other consenting adults, even if there is a monetary reward, should not have their virtue questioned on this basis alone.

Prostitution is legal in Nevada, as is pole dancing.

She's definitely milking her 15 minutes of fame.

She might be cashing in her 15minutes but from how tame the story was, it makes me wonder if she was also trying to help Harry and tell the world "see it's not what you all were thinking and nothing bad happened."
With that being said, she is definitely not a lady, 1) she mad out with a random guy she didn't know b) have you seen those pictures she took, in one she is nearly flashing her butt III) she's a pole dancer.
Also I believe the POs are not to blame for what happened in Vegas; imo their job is to keep him alive not keep him from making a fool of himself.

Last edited:
Does not anyone find the double standard repellant?

The sub-headline reads: Blonde's lurid naked kiss claims spark Palace fury

Lurid? :blink:

She in fact reveals that Harry was pretty wasted and useless. Sweet but not much up to the task. Is that the problem? Is Harry's macho image in peril?

This denial is very peculiar. Why even bother to respond? I fancied she was actually helping Harry out because her story is so non-explosive - and yet here we have 'a royal source' taking the time to deny the story. Who might that be doing the denial? Why is one article in a gossip rag 'true' and another not to be trusted. What's the criteria? I'm still thinking this is all smoke and mirrors to keep our eyes off the bouncing ball receeding into the distance.

If a few kisses and a drunken fumble can be described as 'lurid' - how is it that those pictures of a naked Harry are neither lurid themselves but evidence of 'harmless fun'? I am now mesmerized by the 'code' being used that makes what Harry did pure-driven-snow-innocence - 'harmless fun with the lads' - and those who did the 'harmless fun' with him worthy of name-calling if they dare break the code of privilege that Harry must always be granted.

Make no mistake, this is about privilege and power - and the fact that certain among us never pay the piper - but others very much do when we don't remember our 'place'. Ha!

It's turning into quite a story.

Last edited:
It's turning out to be a complete non-story. The British public aren't bothered by this, still love Harry, and have moved on. Some people are desperately trying to drag this on and on but there's evidently nothing more to it because if there was we would've heard about it by now.

lol... I don't mind Harry's naughty adventures in Las Vegas. As far as he enjoyed it and we, the tax-payers, didn't pay for the trip, I'm fine. Let the guy have some real fun! ;) :lol:

Really, compared to the things that are routine for Sin City, Harry's little holiday was rather tame!

Really, compared to the things that are routine for Sin City, Harry's little holiday was rather tame!

Mirabel... :lol: Exactly, just like little kittehs playing and touching each other. :ROFLMAO::p

lol... I don't mind Harry's naughty adventures in Las Vegas. As far as he enjoyed it and we, the tax-payers, didn't pay for the trip, I'm fine. Let the guy have some real fun! ;) :lol:

Absolutely. As Boris Johnson (Mayor of London for those who haven't heard of him) said when asked about this non-story, "The real scandal would be if you went all the way to Las Vegas and you didn't misbehave in some trivial way." Boris is a fountain of knowledge when it comes to having a good time ;).

It's certainly been great publicity for Las Vegas and given that LV and Nevada have been hit so hard by the economic downturn (probably harder than any other US state), this is really good news for them.

Last edited:
But this isn't the 'gigantic reveal'. We already know what that would have been

We do not "know" anything. Your post is pure speculation which we have been told NOT to do here on this forum.

We do not "know" anything. Your post is pure speculation which we have been told NOT to do here on this forum.

I'm sure most of you have read Harry's current events thread but I'd like to note that I think Harry himself has diffused a lot of the "scandal" just by being himself with kids at WellChild.

Got to give that man an A+ in knowing how to handle a situation.

I agree - this has all the scent of helping Harry out - and still she's getting kicked. After this non-story all the other gossip will be relegated to the back-burner (for now). It becomes all about a sweet encounter with a pretty young lady. Somebody knows their PR. Impressive. And the sweet young thing takes the fall - as they usually do.
Apparently the sweet young thing is actually age 40 and has been arrested for check fraud.

So the fact that Harry and his posse ''selected'' women for their party is less offensive than the girl mentioning that they kissed, he was drunk, (obviously) being naked (we saw that) and likes to give random hugs.

Side-eyeing all of you.

I say, get that money girlfriend.

Based on her recent arrest, I humbly submit that she certainly was interested in getting the money - now whether she used fair means or foul is very much an open question.

Artemisia, I'm thinking you called it!
The info. on our pole dancer's subsequent issues is mentioned here
Prince Harry
and here http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...y-girl-carrie-reichert-arrested-report-201269
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...llegedly-writing-bad-checks-article-1.1152562

Last edited:
Harry is Harry so i think people are starting to see that

I think people always saw Harry is Harry - who else would he be?
As far as I can see, he parties hard (as most people of his age do) but works hard too (becoming an Apache pilot - one of the elite - is an impressive feat that can only be achieved through talent and hard work, not who you are or know). Perfect combination.

Last edited:
well they expect in always expected him to be this pefect royal in if he was not they made a big deal about it so no i dont think that they understood or saw him as being him. now he done this vages thing in more people are like so what.so i think now they see he is who he is, a hard worker and great to hang with

He's been redeployed to Helmand. God keep him safe.

I don't begrudge him his fun when he's off duty.

He's been redeployed to Helmand. God keep him safe.

I don't begrudge him his fun when he's off duty.

Helmund? I thought it was Bastion..

source?

:previous: Camp Bastion is in Helmand Province so no confusion there. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom