Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, where is the proof that Harry 'allowed' himself to be photographed? If there were 25 people there, it's very, very easy for someone with a camera phone to snap a few pictures without arousing too much suspicion.

What would you have had Harry do? Confiscate this woman's phone? Refuse to let her leave the room until she handed it over? Obviously Harry's protection officers didn't search the people who were invited to the room, or their bags etc. with any degree of thoroughness, if they searched them at all. Apart from anything, that's a huge security risk and the officers in question will need to explain themselves.

Right off the top of my head I can think of four things Harry could have done to prevent this situation, while still having a good time in Vegas.

1)He could have decided not to invite a bunch of complete strangers into his hotel suite to party, instead sticking with people he actually knows well and trusts.
2)If he absolutely had to invite a bunch of complete strangers back to his room to party, he could have made confiscation of their phones a condition of entry - and then personally seen to it, (once again, it's not the job of the protection officers to do this).
3)If he didn't want to confiscate the phones of his new friends then he could have shot down the idea of 'strip' anything and kept his clothes on. A picture of Harry in his swim trunks hugging a woman in a bikini may have shown up on a couple of websites, but no one would think anything of it.

Of course, all of the above depend on:
4)He could have decided not to get so drunk that he was unable to think through the ramifications of his choices.

Sure, in a perfect world Harry would be allowed to bumble through all manner of drunken idiocy and poor decision making and not have anything bad happen to him, as long as he didn't break the law. But that's generally not the way the world works.

The bigger scandal and crime is not the sex; it's accepting $30,000 plus in free gifts. That is a firing offense for US government employees and I am guessing it's the same in the UK.

Funny that this thread has lasted longer than Harry's visit to LV. He has been home in the UK for a week now carrying on with his life.

The bigger scandal and crime is not the sex; it's accepting $30,000 plus in free gifts. That is a firing offense for US government employees and I am guessing it's the same in the UK.

:previous: excellent point

Raising eyebrows
But even so his decision to ride in a helicopter owned by Abramovich - Britain's richest man with a fortune estimated at £7.5 billion, and a man he has not even met - is bound to raise eyebrows among courtiers.
Last night, however, aides insisted the whole matter was driven by Charles's honourable charity interests.
Paddy Harverson, the Prince's Communications Secretary tells me: "Cowdray Park were keen for the Prince of Wales to attend their event in order to maximise funds for the two charities they are raising money for so they asked Mr Abramovich if he would lend his helicopter and he very kindly agreed.
"The Prince does not accept free gifts of transport unless they are from a close personal friend or unless the gift helps him raise money for a charity."
Abramovich is not expected to witness his own generosity, I am told. Although he at one time expressed an interest in taking up polo and had a few lessons from a professional, his enthusiasm for the sport has since waned.
IMO it will be interesting to see how Harry's acceptance of the gift of free room and board will be handled. I'm looking forward to seeing how *charities* :ROFLMAO: are going to come into this.

Last edited:

Question .... does hugging someone "nekkid" qualify as "sex"? I don't think so, just MO. Just another one of those assumptions that people are making. NOW, if more pictures of a more explicit nature appear in the tabs, that's another thing. I just don't think we need to add anything to the pot and honestly, I think some people are adding things to the pot. :lol:

However, if William had pulled this stunt, he would have been hit on the head with the big hammer!
But Harry can get away with a lot more than William, I think. Partly because he is the second Prince but also because he is Harry.

Very fair points.

True. William would have been in MAJOR trouble not just with the family but with his wife. I suppose Harry has always been known as the freebird, the wild child. And yes, maybe to some his little display was just a young lad having a bit of fun. To me though, I look at the BRF as a family to look up to, to emulate. I have always tried to view them as dignified and tasteful. I know there is always a black sheep in any family but its difficult to accept when it is a royal family that is so respected by people. I am not British but I admire and respect the BRF very much and when one of its members goes astray and shames the family it makes me wonder what in the heck is wrong with them. I know it is probably not easy being royal but if you are born into it and know what is expected of you and understand what an old and glorious institution it is, I would think you would be proud to be a part of something so wonderful. I suppose that in the 21st century some of the young royals dont see it that way and its sad. I for one would be so proud to be a part of a family that is respected all over the world. It would be an honour to me not a burden as some seem to think it is. So when Harry does something that brings shame to the family I feel terrible especially now that the family has regained the support of its people. It was a wonderful 2 years with the wedding and the Jubilee and the Olympics. It has been a whirlwind of great things happening in Great Britain and then,WHAM , there is Harry in all his glory for everyone to see at a time when there has been joy and great pride for the british people. Just a shame really. Just my opinion.

True. William would have been in MAJOR trouble not just with the family but with his wife. I suppose Harry has always been known as the freebird, the wild child. And yes, maybe to some his little display was just a young lad having a bit of fun. To me though, I look at the BRF as a family to look up to, to emulate. I have always tried to view them as dignified and tasteful. I know there is always a black sheep in any family but its difficult to accept when it is a royal family that is so respected by people. I am not British but I admire and respect the BRF very much and when one of its members goes astray and shames the family it makes me wonder what in the heck is wrong with them. I know it is probably not easy being royal but if you are born into it and know what is expected of you and understand what an old and glorious institution it is, I would think you would be proud to be a part of something so wonderful. I suppose that in the 21st century some of the young royals dont see it that way and its sad. I for one would be so proud to be a part of a family that is respected all over the world. It would be an honour to me not a burden as some seem to think it is. So when Harry does something that brings shame to the family I feel terrible especially now that the family has regained the support of its people. It was a wonderful 2 years with the wedding and the Jubilee and the Olympics. It has been a whirlwind of great things happening in Great Britain and then,WHAM , there is Harry in all his glory for everyone to see at a time when there has been joy and great pride for the british people. Just a shame really. Just my opinion.

I definitely understand your sentiments. However, I think in many ways, standards of behavior have changed. What wasn't acceptable several decades back, is completely acceptable now. Royals are trying to be as 'normal' as possible, and I guess that means going out and partying like anyone else, damn the consequences.

There are a lot of double standards in this, not least from me, I have to admit.

Yes, I believe Harry will get away with that and even be even more liked by many. Not least those who have tried to wake up after a binge only to learn about the embarrassing things we have done.
Even, which is the worst thing I can imagine here, pictures of Harry having actual intercourse may surface.

Okay, William. No way he would get away with this! He is the next heir, this is out of character for him and most importantly, he is married. - These sorts of escapades are now behind him.
The same thing will happen with Harry, I believe, once he is getting seriously involved with a girl again. Then he won't get such a break. And once he gets married, the hammer will fall.
Apart from that I'd estimate Harry has a five year period more before he is considered too old for this. If he does this in his mid-thirties, he won't get such a break either.

Harry in particular gets away with this, partly because it's in line with his more "wild" character, but also very much because he has earned credits. He has served in the frontline in Afghanistan and soldiers are allowed, and feel they deserve, to party hard once in a while.
But he has also shown his compassionate and charming side, when on the job. Africa, the West Indies.
Had he been more of an idler/lazy or just less charming, he would have gotten the hammer.

Eugenie and Beatrice and most other princesses I can think of would also get the big hammer, no matter how much credit they have. In this unfair world women/girls are judged harsher than men in such situations.

Not to mention if he was someone who was dating a prince/ess or engaged to be married into a royal family. He would get the public boot in the behind at once!
Which is why you cannot compare Harry and say Sofia Hellquist, it's two completely different standards. Harry is already a royal, a man and a bachelor. Sofia is a woman, an outsider and very much involved with a prince.

My question in all this is: Where were Harry's friends? Why didn't a good friends step in? As good friends do.
Whoever took these photos had a front seat space and it's difficult to hide it, if you are taking pictures with a mobile. These pics are too good to be taken from the very back and clandestinly. Someone took his/her time to get the right pictures. Why didn't a good friend step in and knock that person on the head?
Because they were just as drunk and weren't genuine friends anyway.
I don't blame Harry as much. We can all, well, must of us, get drunk and do something monumentally silly. That's why good friends keep an eye out for you.

Last edited:

Yet another accusation without any evidential basis. The Daily Mail started this 'Mr Wynn waves $30k hotel bill for Harry', despite the fact that their 'source' at the hotel admitted that they hadn't seen Harry's bill as only very senior management could see it due to the fact that it was password protected (standard for very well-known people in hotels). So, this person neither knew how big the bill was, nor whether it was paid for or not. Understanding that his guests have a right to confidentiality, Mr Wynn himself has point blank refused to comment.

Now, even if Harry did get a freebie from Mr Wynn, he's not doing anything that his close family members have not done. During her Diamond Jubilee Tour of Britain earlier this year, the Queen and DoE stayed onboard the luxury yacht Leander, owned by their good friend Sir Donald Gosling. This yacht usually costs £286,000 to rent for a single week, the Queen paid nothing.

Royals are given gifts all the time by rich people who want to have some kind of association with them. It's hardly news.

There are a lot of double standards in this, not least from me, I have to admit.

Yes, I believe Harry will get away with that and even be even more liked by many. Not least those who have tried to wake up after a binge only to learn about the embarrassing things we have done.
Even, which is the worst thing I can imagine here, pictures of Harry having actual intercourse may surface.

Okay, William. No way he would get away with this! He is the next heir, this is out of character for him and most importantly, he is married. - These sorts of escapades are now behind him.
The same thing will happen with Harry, I believe, once he is getting seriously involved with a girl again. Then he won't get such a break. And once he gets married, the hammer will fall.
Apart from that I'd estimate Harry has a five year period more before he is considered too old for this. If he does this in his mid-thirties, he won't get such a break either.

Harry in particular gets away with this, partly because it's in line with his more "wild" character, but also very much because he has earned credits. He has served in the frontline in Afghanistan and soldiers are allowed, and feel they deserve, to party hard once in a while.
But he has also shown his compassionate and charming side, when on the job. Africa, the West Indies.
Had he been more of an idler/lazy or just less charming, he would have gotten the hammer.

Eugenie and Beatrice and most other princesses I can think of would also get the big hammer, no matter how much credit they have. In this unfair world women/girls are judged harsher than men in such situations.

Not to mention if he was someone who was dating a prince/ess or engaged to be married into a royal family. He would get the public boot in the behind at once!
Which is why you cannot compare Harry and say Sofia Hellquist, it's two completely different standards. Harry is already a royal, a man and a bachelor. Sofia is a woman, an outsider and very much involved with a prince.

My question in all this is: Where were Harry's friends? Why didn't a good friends step in? As good friends do.
Whoever took these photos had a front seat space and it's difficult to hide it, if you are taking pictures with a mobile. These pics are too good to be taken from the very back and clandestinly. Someone took his/her time to get the right pictures. Why didn't a good friend step in and knock that person on the head?
I don't blame Harry as much. We can all, well, must of us, get drunk and do something monumentally silly. That's why good friends keep an eye out for you.

I think after this little episode, it would be good for Henry to really evaluate the company he keeps. As my health ed. teacher said, 'it's great to have friends that you can party with, but once you grow up, you realize that you want more in your friends than just drinking buddies'. Even though it's not anyone's job to anyone else's keeper, for someone in Henry's situation, it would be great to have someone that would always have your back. However, what I think Henry really needs to realize is that no one will take better care of him than he himself. If he doesn't use better judgement, things like this are bound to happen even when he's in this mid-thirties.

Royals are given gifts all the time by rich people who want to have some kind of association with them. It's hardly news.

Absolutely.
Happens in all monarchies I know of.

Presumably because if they did so this story becomes even bigger and more potentially damaging. You can just see the headlines - 'Friend of Prince Harry arrested for assault while trying to confiscate naked girl's mobile phone'. This becomes not just embarrassing, but a crime scene, with Harry summoned to testify in court (which in the US means it would be shown live on TV), having to answer all sorts of uncomfortable questions, then probably facing civil suits for enormous damages. That's all assuming that it would be one of Harry's friends getting arrested, not Harry himself.

I can only assume that Harry and his friends were already well on their way to being drunk when they invited those people to their room. Apparently they were drinking 'designer' cocktails which are incredibly deceptive as they're deliberately made to NOT taste like alcohol, and you can't really know how much alcohol you're consuming. I'm teetotal now, but in my time I've had a few alcoholic cocktails that I would've sworn had no or very little alcohol in them because they just tasted like exotic fruit drinks. After a couple I realised that wasn't the case.

:previous: "Knocking on the head" was a figure of speech. ;)
I of course meant why didn't some friend stop X from taking pictures? Alternatively kicking that person out the door? No one would have barked, if the phone had been confiscated alternatively the memory deleted.
Taking pictures of a person in an embarrassing situation in a private area and publishing these photos, perhaps even earning money from them, would be a very serious breach of the laws of privacy in many if not most countries and that person would face a countersuit you wouldn't believe!

What would the person do? Go to the police?
"They stole me phone! Assault! I want it back!
Well, I did take pictures of a foreign dignitary in a private hotelroom, without him knowing it....
Well, I intended to publish them, that would be such a hoot...
And, ehh, also sell the photos and earn money from them...
Why are you tearing up my complaint"?

To those who think this incident is harmless fun:

What if this story had broken the weekend before the Jubilee? Or before the Olympics? Would Harry have seemed like a lad having a bit of harmless fun? Or would he have seemed like a jerk who gave no thought whatsoever to the feelings of his family and his country?

Look, I like Harry- who doesn't? He seems lovable, warm, good at what he does (what he's supposed to do, that is!). But he put himself into a position that makes him look like an insensitive jerk who only gives a damn about his own wants and needs. Just because he can have whatever he wants doesn't mean he should have it. No respect for anyone...

Last edited:
I think the only thing that took place in that hotel room was a gigantic orgy of stupidity.

As I said, Harry is not sweating any of this. When you are rich and privledged, you pretty much know you can do these ridiculous inane things, and it will be swept aside, excused, etc etc.

I don't think anymore 'revelations' will come out. The press is just doing what they always do. I will say this though, Harry was lucky, really really lucky that this did not turn out nastier, and that all he had to deal with after the dust settled was his derrier splashed across the internet and tabloids.

I think the only thing that took place in that hotel room was a gigantic orgy of stupidity.

As I said, Harry is not sweating any of this. When you are rich and privledged, you pretty much know you can do these ridiculous inane things, and it will be swept aside, excused, etc etc.

I don't think anymore 'revelations' will come out. The press is just doing what they always do. I will say this though, Harry was lucky, really really lucky that this did not turn out nastier, and that all he had to deal with after the dust settled was his derrier splashed across the internet and tabloids.

Agreed. ( I hope for his sake nothing more comes out.) And as Muhler and Daria_S pointed out, it would serve Prince Harry well to evaluate his friends and his "wingman" security guard. They don't seem to bring out his better nature or have his best interest at heart. They just seem to encourage his delinquency. He needs to keep better company and make wiser choices.

So many war veterans have difficulty adapting to normal life.

Agreed. ( I hope for his sake nothing more comes out.) And as Muhler and Daria_S pointed out, it would serve Prince Harry well to evaluate his friends and his "wingman" security guard. They don't seem to bring out his better nature or have his best interest at heart. They just seem to encourage his delinquency. He needs to keep better company and make wiser choices.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have witnessed many instances in my life where a 'friend' will encourage a bad habit for his/her own personal benefit. I think some of Henry's 'mates' could be all about him partying and doing what he's doing, because it allows them to live the 'high life'. So what if he gets in trouble? It's not necessarily their reputation that will get ruined. Sure, they may get a negative mention in the press, but that will be all. Maybe Henry is the type that only sees the good in people, and won't even consider his so-called 'friends' having ulterior motives, but I won't be surprised if on some level it were true. In terms of whether or not Henry used any hard core drugs that may (or may not) have been available in that hotel room, there's such thing as being guilty by association. Think about it; he's surrounded by people that could have possibly used those drugs, so who's to say that at some point he won't touch them too? I have said this in the other thread, but a lot can be said by just looking at the company one keeps, and this is not saying anything good about Henry, I'm sorry to say. Again, does this make him evil/bad/heartless? No, but it does reiterate the fact that he lacks the ability to make mature adult decisions.

Last edited:
I´m starting to feel sorry for Harry in advance if there is a video. But again, it is his fault who he parties with and how. First the party in Necker, then Vegas, how long? 4,5 days? How does one keep up with it? I suspect how.
And he should get rid of some toxic friends. I doubt that Skippy guy pays for the trip and luxury hotel, he´s there because he has a famous "friend". And the one that took a picture of him laying in the sand in Necker and published it on facebook. Those are not friends.

All this this much more distressing because it´s Harry. The guy exudes charm and goodness and I cannot imagine how embarrassed he should be. He doesn´t deserve this, but again he shares the fault.

Last edited:
:previous: Evidence would suggest that posters are losing the plot on this thread!

Question: How do you know that Harry treated anyone, let alone the girls invited to the party, as objects.

Answer: For all the pontificating . . . you do not!

Please at least try to be objective and preface your opinions with IMO.

I was not at the party, so I did not witness all of Prince Harry's behavior. I am looking at the facts I have and making the assumption that he was treating those girls as objects. Why? Because, he invited complete strangers to his private apartments to participate in what I view to be very personal activity. I assume from my life experience that he was not interested in their intellect or in forming actual new friendships with these women. It appears from the circumstances (a whole week of them) that what he was interested in was "having fun." It seems to me that he was seeking a certain experience for himself and these girls were convenient to creating that experience. That is why I feel that Prince Harry was treating those girls as objects.

i see the distinction you are making, but isn't it obvious it is her opinion? Do we really have to type IMO or IMHO in front of everything we say?

There is a huge difference between stating something is a fact and stating something is an opinion.

Please note that this thread has now reopened after a moderator clean up. You will note that speculative posts surrounding Harry's night in Las Vegas have been deleted.

At this time, I would like to remind everyone of the following TRF rules that you agree to abide by when you joined the Forums:

• Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
  • Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
If you make a claim, be prepared to back it up with reliable and credible sources. No gossip sites, no cutting and pasting from various articles to make your point, no adding 2 plus 2 and getting 8.

In addition, while this is certainly a hot topic, we do ask that you treat each other with respect. You might not agree but it is possible to do so in a respectful manner.

Any and all questions should be directed to a member of the TRF moderation via Private Message.

Any and all additional posts that don't follow TRF rules will be deleted without notice.

Thanks!

Zonk

Last edited:
'We kissed for 15 to 20 minutes': Blonde reveals her 'drunken fumble' with a naked Prince Harry on his infamous wild night in Vegas
A woman who partied with Prince Harry claimed she kissed the young Royal in a naked 'drunken fumble' during his now-infamous night in Las Vegas. Blonde Carrie Reichert revealed how she was alone with Prince Harry in his hotel room for up to 20 minutes during a party in Nevada's Sin City last month. The Royal was completely naked during their tryst, she claims, while she stripped down to a string bikini.
I'll refrain from expressing my opinion about Carrie Reichert apart from this one comment: she is no lady - and I don't mean her social class.

I think with this big reveal, this story is really going to die down now.

'We kissed for 15 to 20 minutes': Blonde reveals her 'drunken fumble' with a naked Prince Harry on his infamous wild night in Vegas

I'll refrain from expressing my opinion about Carrie Reichert apart from this one comment: she is no lady - and I don't mean her social class.

She is a lady - there is no reason to disparage her. She does not owe Harry anything. It's her life experience to share if she wants to.

I think with this big reveal, this story is really going to die down now.

But this isn't the 'gigantic reveal'. We already know what that would have been - and it's very likely the pay-off was HUGE to snaffle up that video. Methinks it was Mr Wynn who did the honors there.

Still, one day, it's going to meander out - maybe in someone's memoirs.

She is a lady - there is no reason to disparage her. She does not owe Harry anything. It's her life experience to share if she wants to.
I beg to differ: I may be old-fashioned but a woman who goes to press with intimate details about a third party is no lady in my book.
If it were the other way round, if Harry chose to reveal such details about a woman, I would have said the exact same thing about him - that he is not gentleman.

with intimate details about a third party

It wasn't a third party - it was her personal experience. Memoirs do this all the time - though usually about people the author actually knew well. In this case, Harry allowed himself the most random sort of assignation - the potential consequences of doing so with someone he did not know should have been obvious to him.

You make a fair point about Harry - it is considered ungentlemanly to kiss-and-tell on a woman. Another aspect of that pesky double-standard.

I beg to differ: I may be old-fashioned but a woman who goes to press with intimate details about a third party is no lady in my book.
If it were the other way round, if Harry chose to reveal such details about a woman, I would have said the exact same thing about him - that he is not gentleman.

You're not old fashioned, you were simply brought up with good manners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom