Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it forgivable for Harry to behave like this and was not forgivable for Sarah, Duchess of York to behave like this?

If Sarah had been photographed naked with her husband, no one would have minded (and no one would have printed the pics). As it was, she was married and caught with a man not her husband while Harry is single.

I somehow believe Harry behaved like that as a reaction to the lots and lots of articles lately who urge him to take a wife and settle down. It is very clear now that he is not going to settle down anytime soon, so this might save him from such articles like the one in the Telegraph: "Harry, get yourself a wife and soon!" which I thought was really, really presuming and misbehaved.

I'm sure if Catherine does not secure the line within the next years, Harry will think about a marriage but till that happens he is free to wait for Miss or Lady Right.

You do realize you don't have a chance with him...right? :lol:

What in my post would lead you to believe I think I have 'a chance' with him? :blink:
Or would want a chance, when it comes to that? Strange comment.

As for it being not my business he is a public figure and everyone is allowed to have an opinion on this event since it was made public. Harry should of been smarter. He has been around golddiggers and opportunists his whole life.

For sure - not disputing that you are allowed an opinion. I am just pointing out that people who do these kinds of things - betray trust - depend on the fact that people will focus on the salacious content rather than recognize that it is they, the camera person, who is behaving badly - and not the victim of the invasion of privacy. They are depending on you focussing on the salacious content, and not on their transgression.

This is not going to harm Harry. No one really cares. The outrage is the person who did this - and I guarantee you they have just cooked their goose.

Last edited:
It´s sad that he has this dark side, do not try to sell it as "normal" because not everyone is having fun like this.

His "dark" side??? Heavens.. that sounds so dramatic. It's not like he's secretly a Jack the Ripper wannabe.

We shouldn't make this bigger than it is. Everyone makes mistakes and stupid decisions (god knows I have... ). Harry is no better or worse that anyone else out there.

As far as I see it he made two extremely stupid mistakes (the nazi costume and this) and did a host of good things in between. Cut him some slack...

Last edited:
His "dark" side??? Heavens.. that sounds so dramatic. It's not like he's secretly a Jack the Ripper wannabe.

We shouldn't make this bigger than it is. Everyone makes mistakes and stupid decisions (god knows I have... ). Harry is no better or worse that anyone else out there.

As far as I see it he made two extremely stupid mistakes (the nazi costume and this) and did a host of good things in between. Cut him some slack...

Call this parties whatever you want! For me these are the most disgusting photos I have seen of a royal. Is he not having sex in one of them?? And they were not taken by paparazzi from far away, this was taken by one of his stupid "friends" or worse, a stranger. It makes me sad because it makes his brother look better, and he isn´t so.

His "dark" side??? Heavens.. that sounds so dramatic. It's not like he's secretly a Jack the Ripper wannabe. .

:lol::lol: Loveit! So agree with you. If 'having fun' with friends is having a dark side, then most of the world has one I think.

I say: Go on Harry, have fun while you can before you get sucked into a real royal life. Harry is who he is, if you don't like what you see go somewhere else to a 'perfect' royal. You might have trouble finding one.

I mean I know I am reserved and a good girl but I feel like I just can't believe when I logged on here how many people are cool with his behavior. I am just blown away by how different my opinion is versus everyone else's. :eek:

You're obviously not the only one who disagrees with his behaviour, you just have to read the thread you posted in to notice that. The people who are 'calm' about his behaviour just have a different opinion. Like myself, I see nothing wrong with what's occurred. Yes it's a bit awkward that these pictures have appeared and the stranger who took them should be ashamed for selling them. But there are worse things in the world than this.

I guess you haven't seen the naked pictures of Andrew that came out a couple of years ago. Although I think it was the paps but still Andrew wasnt even drunk! Harry is just Harry and he is funny I doubt he minds to much it's just his royal bum you can see and I don't think he has anything to be ashamed off. If only I was a few years younger. Can't compere this to Sarah who was pictured topless having her toes sucked by her so called financial adviser while she was "seperated". Harry needs to be careful of new friends I think he has more protective friends in the UK and maybe he assumed these new ones wouldn't sell him out! Lesson learned.

:lol::lol: Loveit! So agree with you. If 'having fun' with friends is having a dark side, then most of the world has one I think.

I say: Go on Harry, have fun while you can before you get sucked into a real royal life. Harry is who he is, if you don't like what you see go somewhere else to a 'perfect' royal. You might have trouble finding one.

He IS into royal life. He was representing the Queen a few days ago, and two weeks later he is naked with more than a woman. I dont know if you know if the concept of being consistent (excuse me if its not the right expression in English). You cannot represent an institution and next act like a drunken foolish teenage boy who seems totally lost at almost 30. I have another idea if fun. I hope he has been careful.

Call this parties whatever you want! For me these are the most disgusting photos I have seen of a royal. Is he not having sex in one of them?? And they were not taken by paparazzi from far away, this was taken by one of his stupid "friends" or worse, a stranger. It makes me sad because it makes his brother look better, and he isn´t so.

No he isn't. I thought so too at first.. And I don't think these photo's were taken by his friends. These were taken by one of the girls he took upstairs. He just grossly underestimated the power of the cellphone (and the local internet connection).. :ROFLMAO:

Wasn't Wills photographed peeing in the bushes a few years ago??? You could see a lot more on those. I should know.. I've seen them.

Last edited:
He just grossly underestimated the power of the cellphone (and the local internet connection).. :ROFLMAO:

to be honest, I dont think he underestimated anything (not after what has happened in the past over the years).

I think he doesnt give a hoot about it because he is Harry, people know he is wild and he gets away with it.

I said it before: as soon as Harry showed his more serious side as a stand-in for Her Majesty on a major occasion, the media started harrassing him about his single status. Maybe now they stop.

I don't think this is normal or acceptable behavior of any guy. Why would any woman want to marry someone who acts like this? I wouldn't want any daughter I had to get involved with someone who behaves this way.

LaRae

WOAH! What a way to put my morning coffee to shame. I wake up, get a cuppa coffee, turn on CNN and what's the first thing I see? Naked Harry on the big screen in HD! :w00t: When this guy lets loose and lets it all hang out... he does exactly that eh?

His family knows he loves to party and have a good time and I do agree it'll e a long long time before he lives this down. I would love to be the fly on the wall the next time he sees Philip. He's sure to have some off the wall remark to make. I don't think the Queen will think its something to laugh about but I think she'll keep to her own counsel and maybe even join in on some of the ribbing the rest of the family is sure to fire at him.

Right now I imagine ghost_night is :bang::bang::bang: for not getting in on that pool party and maybe wangling an invite to the private after party. If I was in my 20s, I would for sure be wishing I was in on all the fun myself.

Hmmm.. wonder how close this will put Harry on the list of the world's most sexiest bachelors?

hmm not sure what to think about this. Incredibly stupid of Harry. It looks like he knew these pictures were being taken. It's a shame because the Royal Family was having a very good few months. However it is Harry and people tend to give him a lot of leeway.

Still this was incredibly stupid, and that person who took this should be held accountable also.

I wish Harry avoided that party, or at the very least, made sure no one took pictures of him sans clothes.
The image of the hard-working Prince who is trusted to be the Queen's official representative is once again substituted with that of a "wild boy" and "party animal".

Oh, Harry.

Last edited:
Granny will not be at all impressed. I have no doubt he can expect a stern talking to when he returns home.

Last edited:
I doubt he expected the pictures to be seen by the public. There's nothing anyone can do about it now. And I'm sure we've all seen a naked man before, the faux Victorian horror that'll no doubt do the round in the newspapers is typical Britain I'm afraid.

Prince Harry is behaving in a tacky way. He's royalty in the US- of course everyone is ready to gawk at any photo of him.

He should take a lesson from King Michael of Romania, his relative, who I've never seen in anything less than a suit and tie. That guy is class, through and through.

I am not surprised at all, as all know that many rich people ( besides royals) have wild " nude" parties. Here is not the thing of nudity, but of moral aspect of his behaviour. But if it were a female royal, I guess the problem could be judged much more seriosly.

Harry has admitted himself that he wasn't exactly blessed with an abundance of brain cells, which these photos more than demonstrate. He obviously didn't know these people and it's blown up in his face. Unfortunately for Harry, and all the royals for that matter, there's probably a very small number of friends whom they can trust not to run to the tabloids.

Most royals can go to the US and be anonymous as no-one knows who they are. Harry obviously can't as he's now too well known for that. He'll need to re-evaluate where he goes for fun and who he goes with.

I suspect that Charles and the Queen will not be amused in the slightest by this.

I'm not quite sure why this is such a negative thing. I don't go to parties and strip off but it's apparently a popular thing in some circles. If these pictures had never come to light, we'd never have known and Harry wouldn't suddenly be the devil child again. The basics are; it's a private picture or two of a young guy with no clothes on. The fact that the young guy happens to be Prince Harry is unfortunate but it's not exactly the abdication. I'd say most people will look at this and say one of two things; "He's hot" or "Oh dear". It'll blow over in a few days. It's not a swastika, it's a naked male body. The way some people have reacted you'd think we were all rushing out to put covers on the table legs.

It probably will blow over in a few days. As I said though, this was just a fundamentally stupid thing to do. How anyone including Harry can think in this day and age that these photographs would not reach the general public, is just plain and utterly stupid. Unless of course he knew this and just didn't care.

I really thought Harry had more brains than this. Really, this was just the height of stupidity.

Prince Harry is behaving in a tacky way. He's royalty in the US- of course everyone is ready to gawk at any photo of him.

He should take a lesson from King Michael of Romania, his relative, who I've never seen in anything less than a suit and tie. That guy is class, through and through.

KM is 80 years old, no one wants to see pictures of him in the nude. In his youth he was pretty much a prisoner in his own palace during WWII. While he existed in a pre cell phone camera age we also have no idea what he got up to in private. Hardly an apt comparison.

I mean I know I am reserved and a good girl but I feel like I just can't believe when I logged on here how many people are cool with his behavior. I am just blown away by how different my opinion is versus everyone else's. :eek:

I don't necessarily disagree with you, I just don't think this is as awful as some people seem to think it is. He hasn't hurt anyone (physically I mean) it's just embarrassing. Yes it's a stupid decision, yes he was drunk, yes he's made a fool of himself, no he never should have done this, but it's hardly the end of society.

And yes you are right, he is a prince and he serves as an example to others. But Harry, just like other members in his family, are not perfect. Thinking they are will only lead to massive disappointment.

pearl1984 said:

Are you upset that he got naked in public or that he displayed poor judgment?

I don't understand how public nudity equals the end of civilization.

He is hardly the first member of his family to be photographed in the nude. Charles and Andrew had both been snapped in the buff in their younger days. A temporary embaressment that will make him the butt of a few family jokes, and probably some razzing from his regiment, but it is not exactly earth shattering news. It is also behaviour that is not exactly unusual amongst young people, royal and commoner. I am sure a lot of suburban middle class BBQ parties have resulted in people skinny dipping in pools or having strip poker parties. Even a US Congressman felt the urge for naked dip in the Sea of Galilee while on a fact finding mission. Being photographed naked is hardly the reason to lock up your daughters.

People will have a few giggles and then next thing Harry will likely be off to Afghanistan with his regiment.

While I agree that he is young and has every right to let loose...he is not like everyone else and not even like every other royal. The UK family is substantially more famous and watched closer.

Anyway, this does set him back and give a lot of people ammo to keep up the "freeloader" argument. Some of the excuses on here are bit hollow...even if he gets away with it in a PR way, there are now nude photos of him existing on the Internet. And, I'm sure there are more where the TMZ pics came from. He's not Kim Kardashian, this doesn't help his brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom