The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-22-2012, 12:36 AM
Aristocracy

To answer your question, I read your posts, and everyone elses in the Prince Harry Current events thread, and more people than you have expressed their disapproval of his latest actions. So not sure why you had to make a new thread?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabys View Post

Give the guy a break. Most of us have been there, done that at some point in our lives with the only difference being that there weren't people taking pictures and publishing them for the world to see.
I gave him a break when he showed up to party with a nazi costume at yet another fun party held by "friends" two weeks before the anniversery of the liberation at Auschwitz. He continues making stupid decisions and he is in his late twenties.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl1984 View Post
I mean I know I am reserved and a good girl but I feel like I just can't believe when I logged on here how many people are cool with his behavior. I am just blown away by how different my opinion is versus everyone else's.
In all seriousness, you should maybe do some personal reflection on several things: What is a good girl, why do those standards exist, and why are you so uncomfortable with Harry's behavior.

Don't answer them for me- they're rhetorical. You're just nipping at the heels of a few important ideas- I saw you get on a tangent about how a woman would be criticized versus how a man would be criticized and that's a really important and positive line of thought, you're just not taking it in the best direction.

If this thread gets deleted (and it may) you're welcome to message me personally if you feel like talking about any of this. I don't often put on my feminist thinker hat around The Royal Forums (not the best place for it) but that's a big part of the rest of my life and I can generally explain myself fairly well.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:40 AM
Heir Apparent

One thing I am convinced of...he is NOT ready to look for a wife and "settle down" like certain Brit publications have been urging him to do...mostly so that they can get their jollies oooh'ing and ahhh'ing from the buzz another Royal wedding would bring them.

He works hard when it's called for and I think he tries to do his best. I've seen the genuine look of care and concern on his face when he is visiting Third World countries, interacting with children. I have seen him look serious and focused at formal events when he needs to be.

But one can only repress one's true personality for so long and let's face it...Harry is a bit wild. He likes a good time.

He might settle down when he is older, but right now he is who he is. He isn't hurting anyone. IMO he is the most appealing of all the young Brit Royals, in fact he is the ONLY one of them I have any real interest in.

Leave him alone.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
One thing I am convinced of...he is NOT ready to look for a wife and "settle down" like certain Brit publications have been urging him to do...mostly so that they can get their jollies oooh'ing and ahhh'ing from the buzz another Royal wedding would bring them.

He works hard when it's called for and I think he tries to do his best. I've seen the genuine look of care and concern on his face when he is visiting Third World countries, interacting with children. I have seen him look serious and focused at formal events when he needs to be.

But one can only repress one's true personality for so long and let's face it...Harry is a bit wild. He likes a good time.

He might settle down when he is older, but right now he is who he is. He isn't hurting anyone. IMO he is the most appealing of all the young Brit Royals, in fact he is the ONLY one of them I have any real interest in.

Leave him alone.
Anyone who thinks Harry is ready to settle down is blind! HA. The way he is with third world children is what tugs at my heart strings. I have a soft spot for him there. That really is touching. And the fact that he is so charitable much like his mother was is also very touching. I wish the media would focus on that more than his love life.

However, Harry will never be left alone in a good or bad way. He is a public figure and nobody on this forum has a chance with him. LOL. But like I said in my other post he is nice eye candy for me and I loved Princess Di.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:56 AM
Heir Apparent

pearl1984..you are sooo right. I see so much of Diana in Harry. He cares, and I can tell he isn't faking it.

But the media would rather focus on other areas of his life.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Serene Highness

This is not just "having gun". Who hasnīt got drunk a couple of times (well not everyone) but I dontīremember having taken my clothes off in front of strangers. What kind of amusement is that?
And what is settle down? Do you think the guy will come a day when he will say, ok enough, now Iīm serious, not more fun. I think he has to moderate his behaviour, heīs not just a rich boy that can behave wild, heīs the 3rd in line to the throne. If he cannot rise to the occasion, step down and get a regular job. I am sorry to say this because I like him so much more like the 2nd in line and his lazy wife. Harry is probably the most loved member of the family after the Queen, if not more. He is charismatic, authentic, and knows how to interecat with people. Itīs sad that he has this dark side, do not try to sell it as "normal" because not everyone is having fun like this.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It doesn't mean I will no longer be a fan but my personality is more like William's as I am reserved. I know I couldn't handle a man like Harry. Too wild and reckless. And you know full well that his previous decisions in previous years have been dumb. Just sayin'
Best to assume you know nothing of the 'real' William.

There will come a day when Harry will be 'ready' to settle down - and when that day comes his 'wild' past will make him all the more stable in the relationship he finally commits to imo. I agree he has a lot of growing up to do - he'll get there. He's normal.

There is actually nothing here. Except very private moments being made public by someone who has very low-brow ethics. This is not really about Harry - it's about whoever that person is who took advantage of entre. By focussing on Harry and his private choices which are his business and not your business - the person who engaged in this despicable act of cowardice gets off scott-free. The outrage and condemnation should be for the videographer - the peeping tom - the voyeur - not for Harry.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:26 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
Best to assume you know nothing of the 'real' William.

There will come a day when Harry will be 'ready' to settle down - and when that day comes his 'wild' past will make him all the more stable in the relationship he finally commits to imo. I agree he has a lot of growing up to do - he'll get there. He's normal.

There is actually nothing here. Except very private moments being made public by someone who has very low-brow ethics. This is not really about Harry - it's about whoever that person is who took advantage of entre. By focussing on Harry and his private choices which are his business and not your business - the person who engaged in this despicable act of cowardice gets off scott-free. The outrage and condemnation should be for the videographer - the peeping tom - the voyeur - not for Harry.
You do realize you don't have a chance with him...right? I have already said that these "friends" aren't true friends and if you read my other posts you'd see that.

As for it being not my business he is a public figure and everyone is allowed to have an opinion on this event since it was made public. Harry should of been smarter. He has been around golddiggers and opportunists his whole life.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
I agree completely. I feel like what the photographer did here was really, really despicable.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel1 View Post
Why is it forgivable for Harry to behave like this and was not forgivable for Sarah, Duchess of York to behave like this?
If Sarah had been photographed naked with her husband, no one would have minded (and no one would have printed the pics). As it was, she was married and caught with a man not her husband while Harry is single.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:26 AM
Royal Highness

I somehow believe Harry behaved like that as a reaction to the lots and lots of articles lately who urge him to take a wife and settle down. It is very clear now that he is not going to settle down anytime soon, so this might save him from such articles like the one in the Telegraph: "Harry, get yourself a wife and soon!" which I thought was really, really presuming and misbehaved.

I'm sure if Catherine does not secure the line within the next years, Harry will think about a marriage but till that happens he is free to wait for Miss or Lady Right.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:30 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
You do realize you don't have a chance with him...right?
What in my post would lead you to believe I think I have 'a chance' with him?
Or would want a chance, when it comes to that? Strange comment.

Quote:
As for it being not my business he is a public figure and everyone is allowed to have an opinion on this event since it was made public. Harry should of been smarter. He has been around golddiggers and opportunists his whole life.
For sure - not disputing that you are allowed an opinion. I am just pointing out that people who do these kinds of things - betray trust - depend on the fact that people will focus on the salacious content rather than recognize that it is they, the camera person, who is behaving badly - and not the victim of the invasion of privacy. They are depending on you focussing on the salacious content, and not on their transgression.

This is not going to harm Harry. No one really cares. The outrage is the person who did this - and I guarantee you they have just cooked their goose.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Itīs sad that he has this dark side, do not try to sell it as "normal" because not everyone is having fun like this.
His "dark" side??? Heavens.. that sounds so dramatic. It's not like he's secretly a Jack the Ripper wannabe.

We shouldn't make this bigger than it is. Everyone makes mistakes and stupid decisions (god knows I have... ). Harry is no better or worse that anyone else out there.

As far as I see it he made two extremely stupid mistakes (the nazi costume and this) and did a host of good things in between. Cut him some slack...
Old 08-22-2012, 03:38 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
His "dark" side??? Heavens.. that sounds so dramatic. It's not like he's secretly a Jack the Ripper wannabe.

We shouldn't make this bigger than it is. Everyone makes mistakes and stupid decisions (god knows I have... ). Harry is no better or worse that anyone else out there.

As far as I see it he made two extremely stupid mistakes (the nazi costume and this) and did a host of good things in between. Cut him some slack...
Call this parties whatever you want! For me these are the most disgusting photos I have seen of a royal. Is he not having sex in one of them?? And they were not taken by paparazzi from far away, this was taken by one of his stupid "friends" or worse, a stranger. It makes me sad because it makes his brother look better, and he isnīt so.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:38 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
His "dark" side??? Heavens.. that sounds so dramatic. It's not like he's secretly a Jack the Ripper wannabe. .
Loveit! So agree with you. If 'having fun' with friends is having a dark side, then most of the world has one I think.

I say: Go on Harry, have fun while you can before you get sucked into a real royal life. Harry is who he is, if you don't like what you see go somewhere else to a 'perfect' royal. You might have trouble finding one.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I mean I know I am reserved and a good girl but I feel like I just can't believe when I logged on here how many people are cool with his behavior. I am just blown away by how different my opinion is versus everyone else's.
You're obviously not the only one who disagrees with his behaviour, you just have to read the thread you posted in to notice that. The people who are 'calm' about his behaviour just have a different opinion. Like myself, I see nothing wrong with what's occurred. Yes it's a bit awkward that these pictures have appeared and the stranger who took them should be ashamed for selling them. But there are worse things in the world than this.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:49 AM
Courtier

I guess you haven't seen the naked pictures of Andrew that came out a couple of years ago. Although I think it was the paps but still Andrew wasnt even drunk! Harry is just Harry and he is funny I doubt he minds to much it's just his royal bum you can see and I don't think he has anything to be ashamed off. If only I was a few years younger. Can't compere this to Sarah who was pictured topless having her toes sucked by her so called financial adviser while she was "seperated". Harry needs to be careful of new friends I think he has more protective friends in the UK and maybe he assumed these new ones wouldn't sell him out! Lesson learned.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:51 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Harry is a wild boy, I only hope he doesnt end up like his uncle Andrew.

I wonder, who is the photographer and where did he or she hide the phone or camera (there are not many options when playing strip billards)???
Prince Harry -- Naked Photos of Las Vegas Rager Leaked | TMZ.com
Old 08-22-2012, 03:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Loveit! So agree with you. If 'having fun' with friends is having a dark side, then most of the world has one I think.

I say: Go on Harry, have fun while you can before you get sucked into a real royal life. Harry is who he is, if you don't like what you see go somewhere else to a 'perfect' royal. You might have trouble finding one.
He IS into royal life. He was representing the Queen a few days ago, and two weeks later he is naked with more than a woman. I dont know if you know if the concept of being consistent (excuse me if its not the right expression in English). You cannot represent an institution and next act like a drunken foolish teenage boy who seems totally lost at almost 30. I have another idea if fun. I hope he has been careful.