The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #881  
Old 08-28-2012, 04:24 PM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
The bigger scandal and crime is not the sex; it's accepting $30,000 plus in free gifts. That is a firing offense for US government employees and I am guessing it's the same in the UK.
Yet another accusation without any evidential basis. The Daily Mail started this 'Mr Wynn waves $30k hotel bill for Harry', despite the fact that their 'source' at the hotel admitted that they hadn't seen Harry's bill as only very senior management could see it due to the fact that it was password protected (standard for very well-known people in hotels). So, this person neither knew how big the bill was, nor whether it was paid for or not. Understanding that his guests have a right to confidentiality, Mr Wynn himself has point blank refused to comment.

Now, even if Harry did get a freebie from Mr Wynn, he's not doing anything that his close family members have not done. During her Diamond Jubilee Tour of Britain earlier this year, the Queen and DoE stayed onboard the luxury yacht Leander, owned by their good friend Sir Donald Gosling. This yacht usually costs £286,000 to rent for a single week, the Queen paid nothing.

Royals are given gifts all the time by rich people who want to have some kind of association with them. It's hardly news.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #882  
Old 08-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
There are a lot of double standards in this, not least from me, I have to admit.

Yes, I believe Harry will get away with that and even be even more liked by many. Not least those who have tried to wake up after a binge only to learn about the embarrassing things we have done.
Even, which is the worst thing I can imagine here, pictures of Harry having actual intercourse may surface.

Okay, William. No way he would get away with this! He is the next heir, this is out of character for him and most importantly, he is married. - These sorts of escapades are now behind him.
The same thing will happen with Harry, I believe, once he is getting seriously involved with a girl again. Then he won't get such a break. And once he gets married, the hammer will fall.
Apart from that I'd estimate Harry has a five year period more before he is considered too old for this. If he does this in his mid-thirties, he won't get such a break either.

Harry in particular gets away with this, partly because it's in line with his more "wild" character, but also very much because he has earned credits. He has served in the frontline in Afghanistan and soldiers are allowed, and feel they deserve, to party hard once in a while.
But he has also shown his compassionate and charming side, when on the job. Africa, the West Indies.
Had he been more of an idler/lazy or just less charming, he would have gotten the hammer.

Eugenie and Beatrice and most other princesses I can think of would also get the big hammer, no matter how much credit they have. In this unfair world women/girls are judged harsher than men in such situations.

Not to mention if he was someone who was dating a prince/ess or engaged to be married into a royal family. He would get the public boot in the behind at once!
Which is why you cannot compare Harry and say Sofia Hellquist, it's two completely different standards. Harry is already a royal, a man and a bachelor. Sofia is a woman, an outsider and very much involved with a prince.

My question in all this is: Where were Harry's friends? Why didn't a good friends step in? As good friends do.
Whoever took these photos had a front seat space and it's difficult to hide it, if you are taking pictures with a mobile. These pics are too good to be taken from the very back and clandestinly. Someone took his/her time to get the right pictures. Why didn't a good friend step in and knock that person on the head?
Because they were just as drunk and weren't genuine friends anyway.
I don't blame Harry as much. We can all, well, must of us, get drunk and do something monumentally silly. That's why good friends keep an eye out for you.
I think after this little episode, it would be good for Henry to really evaluate the company he keeps. As my health ed. teacher said, 'it's great to have friends that you can party with, but once you grow up, you realize that you want more in your friends than just drinking buddies'. Even though it's not anyone's job to anyone else's keeper, for someone in Henry's situation, it would be great to have someone that would always have your back. However, what I think Henry really needs to realize is that no one will take better care of him than he himself. If he doesn't use better judgement, things like this are bound to happen even when he's in this mid-thirties.
__________________

__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #883  
Old 08-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Royals are given gifts all the time by rich people who want to have some kind of association with them. It's hardly news.
Absolutely.
Happens in all monarchies I know of.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
Reply With Quote
  #884  
Old 08-28-2012, 04:45 PM
EIIR's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Somewhere, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

My question in all this is: Where were Harry's friends? Why didn't a good friends step in? As good friends do.
Whoever took these photos had a front seat space and it's difficult to hide it, if you are taking pictures with a mobile. These pics are too good to be taken from the very back and clandestinly. Someone took his/her time to get the right pictures. Why didn't a good friend step in and knock that person on the head?
Because they were just as drunk and weren't genuine friends anyway.
I don't blame Harry as much. We can all, well, must of us, get drunk and do something monumentally silly. That's why good friends keep an eye out for you.
Presumably because if they did so this story becomes even bigger and more potentially damaging. You can just see the headlines - 'Friend of Prince Harry arrested for assault while trying to confiscate naked girl's mobile phone'. This becomes not just embarrassing, but a crime scene, with Harry summoned to testify in court (which in the US means it would be shown live on TV), having to answer all sorts of uncomfortable questions, then probably facing civil suits for enormous damages. That's all assuming that it would be one of Harry's friends getting arrested, not Harry himself.

I can only assume that Harry and his friends were already well on their way to being drunk when they invited those people to their room. Apparently they were drinking 'designer' cocktails which are incredibly deceptive as they're deliberately made to NOT taste like alcohol, and you can't really know how much alcohol you're consuming. I'm teetotal now, but in my time I've had a few alcoholic cocktails that I would've sworn had no or very little alcohol in them because they just tasted like exotic fruit drinks. After a couple I realised that wasn't the case.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #885  
Old 08-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,378
"Knocking on the head" was a figure of speech.
I of course meant why didn't some friend stop X from taking pictures? Alternatively kicking that person out the door? No one would have barked, if the phone had been confiscated alternatively the memory deleted.
Taking pictures of a person in an embarrassing situation in a private area and publishing these photos, perhaps even earning money from them, would be a very serious breach of the laws of privacy in many if not most countries and that person would face a countersuit you wouldn't believe!

What would the person do? Go to the police?
"They stole me phone! Assault! I want it back!
Well, I did take pictures of a foreign dignitary in a private hotelroom, without him knowing it....
Well, I intended to publish them, that would be such a hoot...
And, ehh, also sell the photos and earn money from them...
Why are you tearing up my complaint"?
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
Reply With Quote
  #886  
Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 970
To those who think this incident is harmless fun:

What if this story had broken the weekend before the Jubilee? Or before the Olympics? Would Harry have seemed like a lad having a bit of harmless fun? Or would he have seemed like a jerk who gave no thought whatsoever to the feelings of his family and his country?

Look, I like Harry- who doesn't? He seems lovable, warm, good at what he does (what he's supposed to do, that is!). But he put himself into a position that makes him look like an insensitive jerk who only gives a damn about his own wants and needs. Just because he can have whatever he wants doesn't mean he should have it. No respect for anyone...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #887  
Old 08-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 185
I think the only thing that took place in that hotel room was a gigantic orgy of stupidity.

As I said, Harry is not sweating any of this. When you are rich and privledged, you pretty much know you can do these ridiculous inane things, and it will be swept aside, excused, etc etc.

I don't think anymore 'revelations' will come out. The press is just doing what they always do. I will say this though, Harry was lucky, really really lucky that this did not turn out nastier, and that all he had to deal with after the dust settled was his derrier splashed across the internet and tabloids.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #888  
Old 08-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, United States
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdngirl View Post
I think the only thing that took place in that hotel room was a gigantic orgy of stupidity.

As I said, Harry is not sweating any of this. When you are rich and privledged, you pretty much know you can do these ridiculous inane things, and it will be swept aside, excused, etc etc.

I don't think anymore 'revelations' will come out. The press is just doing what they always do. I will say this though, Harry was lucky, really really lucky that this did not turn out nastier, and that all he had to deal with after the dust settled was his derrier splashed across the internet and tabloids.
Agreed. ( I hope for his sake nothing more comes out.) And as Muhler and Daria_S pointed out, it would serve Prince Harry well to evaluate his friends and his "wingman" security guard. They don't seem to bring out his better nature or have his best interest at heart. They just seem to encourage his delinquency. He needs to keep better company and make wiser choices.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #889  
Old 08-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Singapore, Singapore
Posts: 73
So many war veterans have difficulty adapting to normal life.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #890  
Old 08-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by tea-n-tiaras View Post
Agreed. ( I hope for his sake nothing more comes out.) And as Muhler and Daria_S pointed out, it would serve Prince Harry well to evaluate his friends and his "wingman" security guard. They don't seem to bring out his better nature or have his best interest at heart. They just seem to encourage his delinquency. He needs to keep better company and make wiser choices.
I don't know about anyone else, but I have witnessed many instances in my life where a 'friend' will encourage a bad habit for his/her own personal benefit. I think some of Henry's 'mates' could be all about him partying and doing what he's doing, because it allows them to live the 'high life'. So what if he gets in trouble? It's not necessarily their reputation that will get ruined. Sure, they may get a negative mention in the press, but that will be all. Maybe Henry is the type that only sees the good in people, and won't even consider his so-called 'friends' having ulterior motives, but I won't be surprised if on some level it were true. In terms of whether or not Henry used any hard core drugs that may (or may not) have been available in that hotel room, there's such thing as being guilty by association. Think about it; he's surrounded by people that could have possibly used those drugs, so who's to say that at some point he won't touch them too? I have said this in the other thread, but a lot can be said by just looking at the company one keeps, and this is not saying anything good about Henry, I'm sorry to say. Again, does this make him evil/bad/heartless? No, but it does reiterate the fact that he lacks the ability to make mature adult decisions.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #891  
Old 08-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
I´m starting to feel sorry for Harry in advance if there is a video. But again, it is his fault who he parties with and how. First the party in Necker, then Vegas, how long? 4,5 days? How does one keep up with it? I suspect how.
And he should get rid of some toxic friends. I doubt that Skippy guy pays for the trip and luxury hotel, he´s there because he has a famous "friend". And the one that took a picture of him laying in the sand in Necker and published it on facebook. Those are not friends.

All this this much more distressing because it´s Harry. The guy exudes charm and goodness and I cannot imagine how embarrassed he should be. He doesn´t deserve this, but again he shares the fault.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #892  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Richmond, United States
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Evidence would suggest that posters are losing the plot on this thread!

Question: How do you know that Harry treated anyone, let alone the girls invited to the party, as objects.

Answer: For all the pontificating . . . you do not!

Please at least try to be objective and preface your opinions with IMO.
I was not at the party, so I did not witness all of Prince Harry's behavior. I am looking at the facts I have and making the assumption that he was treating those girls as objects. Why? Because, he invited complete strangers to his private apartments to participate in what I view to be very personal activity. I assume from my life experience that he was not interested in their intellect or in forming actual new friendships with these women. It appears from the circumstances (a whole week of them) that what he was interested in was "having fun." It seems to me that he was seeking a certain experience for himself and these girls were convenient to creating that experience. That is why I feel that Prince Harry was treating those girls as objects.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #893  
Old 08-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by tea-n-tiaras View Post
i see the distinction you are making, but isn't it obvious it is her opinion? Do we really have to type IMO or IMHO in front of everything we say?
There is a huge difference between stating something is a fact and stating something is an opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #894  
Old 08-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,271
Please note that this thread has now reopened after a moderator clean up. You will note that speculative posts surrounding Harry's night in Las Vegas have been deleted.

At this time, I would like to remind everyone of the following TRF rules that you agree to abide by when you joined the Forums:

  • Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
  • Insulting comments about other posters and royals are not permitted. Criticism is acceptable; insults and flames are not. We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
If you make a claim, be prepared to back it up with reliable and credible sources. No gossip sites, no cutting and pasting from various articles to make your point, no adding 2 plus 2 and getting 8.


In addition, while this is certainly a hot topic, we do ask that you treat each other with respect. You might not agree but it is possible to do so in a respectful manner.


Any and all questions should be directed to a member of the TRF moderation via Private Message.


Any and all additional posts that don't follow TRF rules will be deleted without notice.


Thanks!


Zonk


__________________
.

Reply With Quote
  #895  
Old 09-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425
'We kissed for 15 to 20 minutes': Blonde reveals her 'drunken fumble' with a naked Prince Harry on his infamous wild night in Vegas
Quote:
A woman who partied with Prince Harry claimed she kissed the young Royal in a naked 'drunken fumble' during his now-infamous night in Las Vegas. Blonde Carrie Reichert revealed how she was alone with Prince Harry in his hotel room for up to 20 minutes during a party in Nevada's Sin City last month. The Royal was completely naked during their tryst, she claims, while she stripped down to a string bikini.
I'll refrain from expressing my opinion about Carrie Reichert apart from this one comment: she is no lady - and I don't mean her social class.
Reply With Quote
  #896  
Old 09-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Some City, United States
Posts: 211
I think with this big reveal, this story is really going to die down now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #897  
Old 09-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles CA, United States
Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
'We kissed for 15 to 20 minutes': Blonde reveals her 'drunken fumble' with a naked Prince Harry on his infamous wild night in Vegas

I'll refrain from expressing my opinion about Carrie Reichert apart from this one comment: she is no lady - and I don't mean her social class.
She is a lady - there is no reason to disparage her. She does not owe Harry anything. It's her life experience to share if she wants to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peach View Post
I think with this big reveal, this story is really going to die down now.
But this isn't the 'gigantic reveal'. We already know what that would have been - and it's very likely the pay-off was HUGE to snaffle up that video. Methinks it was Mr Wynn who did the honors there.

Still, one day, it's going to meander out - maybe in someone's memoirs.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #898  
Old 09-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
She is a lady - there is no reason to disparage her. She does not owe Harry anything. It's her life experience to share if she wants to.
...
I beg to differ: I may be old-fashioned but a woman who goes to press with intimate details about a third party is no lady in my book.
If it were the other way round, if Harry chose to reveal such details about a woman, I would have said the exact same thing about him - that he is not gentleman.
Reply With Quote
  #899  
Old 09-02-2012, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles CA, United States
Posts: 1,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
with intimate details about a third party
It wasn't a third party - it was her personal experience. Memoirs do this all the time - though usually about people the author actually knew well. In this case, Harry allowed himself the most random sort of assignation - the potential consequences of doing so with someone he did not know should have been obvious to him.

You make a fair point about Harry - it is considered ungentlemanly to kiss-and-tell on a woman. Another aspect of that pesky double-standard.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #900  
Old 09-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I beg to differ: I may be old-fashioned but a woman who goes to press with intimate details about a third party is no lady in my book.
If it were the other way round, if Harry chose to reveal such details about a woman, I would have said the exact same thing about him - that he is not gentleman.
You're not old fashioned, you were simply brought up with good manners.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
birth brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:08 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]