The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Serene Highness

If those photos are really him....I don't think the Queen is going to be amused. Bad decision on his part.

LaRae

Old 08-21-2012, 10:52 PM
Serene Highness

The only thing I'm dissapointed about is that there aren't more pics! He's got a great body, lol. Seriously though, I can't believe after all these years he hasn't learned to be more careful. I'm guessing alcohol clouded his judgement there. While I'm sure the younger generation of royals will be amused, I'm sure the older generation will be ashamed no doubt.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S

On a more serious note, I really won't want to be Harry right now. I'm sure he'll be chewed up and spat out not only by the press, but his Papa and Granny (and maybe even William, all joking aside). I sincerely hope he can build his image back up, because he has so much potential and has done a great deal of good.
I'm sure papa will be the one to blast him.... "Just after you stood in for your grandmother ..." this is just too distasteful for HM to deal with directly. But she'll know and he'll know she knows and that will be the worst punishment of all. Disappointing those who put trust in you devastating. With everything else on her plate, good thing she is at Balmoral and Philip is home.

I would expect laying low til Paralympics and then a very visible and hands on harry with the athletes.

On a side note.... Phillip and Charles are both sitting there thinking thank heavens there weren'tt cell phones in my day.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Serene Highness

Why is it forgivable for Harry to behave like this and was not forgivable for Sarah, Duchess of York to behave like this? It seems that the so-called equalization of male-female situations in the RF is not complete. I am not saying his behavior was OK any more than Sarah's was. Not OK. Harks back to the scandals surrounding King Edward VII and King George V when he was a prince. And his great-uncle Edward too. Just not acceptable at all for a royal. my opinion, of course, some people may like this.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Serene Highness

I'm sorry, I think this is so funny, if in poor taste. I'm inclined to believe those pics are real. Many years ago it would be whispered about, but not "shown" The poor guy is young, unattached, without anyone to answer for except his grandmother and grandfather. I would like to think Charles would be . God knows he got caught with "his pants down", so to speak.
He had a few blasts and got carried away. He's human, what a revelation!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Why is it forgivable for Harry to behave like this and was not forgivable for Sarah, Duchess of York to behave like this? It seems that the so-called equalization of male-female situations in the RF is not complete
Sorry. Harry isn't married. Sarah was. BIIIIGGGG difference.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't care. He didn't pose for them to make money or for publicity. He was in his own room having fun like millions of young men all over the world. He wasn't hurting anyone, and he has never pretended to be a monk.

Go Harry!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:23 PM
Aristocracy

Sarah was married other of 2 when the toe sucking pictures happened. She hit bottom after years of working on her reputation by trying to sell contact with the Duke of York.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Aristocracy

We ARE amused.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Aristocracy

I do like Harry a lot, but man, this was totally stupid. I mean really, it's not like he just became a celebrity last week, and cell phones were just invented. This really doesn't say much for his decision making skills.

But(t) he does look great!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Commoner

Disgraceful and trashy

The behavior Harry displayed is classless and trashy. I would never expect a royal to behave like that knowing about all the media and internet there is out there now.

The worst part is someone in the party more than likely got paid for the photos. I wouldn't want friends like that.

I get that he is single and a "normal guy" but he isn't. He is a royal Prince and he is supposed to act like it. I don't want to compare him to normal men because normal men don't have titles and don't have the kind of wealth and privillage he was born into.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
I do like Harry a lot, but man, this was totally stupid. I mean really, it's not like he just became a celebrity last week, and cell phones were just invented. This really doesn't say much for his decision making skills.

But(t) he does look great!

Hahahahahahahahaha!

Harry would make a great newcomer to the Hangover casts!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peach View Post
Hahahahahahahahaha!

Harry would make a great newcomer to the Hangover casts!
It does make a good Hangover storyline
Old 08-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl1984 View Post
The behavior Harry displayed is classless and trashy. I would never expect a royal to behave like that knowing about all the media and internet there is out there now.

The worst part is someone in the party more than likely got paid for the photos. I wouldn't want friends like that.

I get that he is single and a "normal guy" but he isn't. He is a royal Prince and he is supposed to act like it. I don't want to compare him to normal men because normal men don't have titles and don't have the kind of wealth and privillage he was born into.

I hate to burst your bubble but royals (and non-royals) have been acting like this for many many years. The only difference now is how quickly it can get I out.

Good for Harry - he's doing what many young people do in Vegas - have fun!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 11:52 PM
Heir Apparent

LOL, well now he can compare nude pics with his father and uncle Andrew.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Serene Highness

He was having fun, no doubt. Nothing wrong with a little fun. He need not adhere to prudish Victorian standards, he gets to set his own.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneugeba View Post
I hate to burst your bubble but royals (and non-royals) have been acting like this for many many years. The only difference now is how quickly it can get I out.

Good for Harry - he's doing what many young people do in Vegas - have fun!!!
I guess I just expect that he doesn't hang around people who would take pics and leak it. If he doesn't care about what the world thinks of him or if he likes that he is compared to all the average Joes that is on him.

It doesn't mean I will no longer be a fan but my personality is more like William's as I am reserved. I know I couldn't handle a man like Harry. Too wild and reckless. And you know full well that his previous decisions in previous years have been dumb. Just sayin'
Old 08-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really feel badly for him, because I know he's going to be raked across the coals for this, but seriously? Who does this actually hurt? He had a little too much to drink and took his clothes off. Not a big deal. It just makes me grateful that no one's hanging around with cameras waiting to catch me in a moment of fun- I've definitely had ones I would prefer not be shared with my grandmother.

I think most people have.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl1984 View Post

1.Prince Ernst of Hanover urinating (need I say more?).
2.Forgive me but, being born into a royal,noble,aristocratic, or simply wealthy and privileged family doesn't mean much. People in the best of families can be ignorant,uneducated,classless,trashy, disrespectful, etc...Just like "normal men" (whatever that means) born into humble families can be classy, educated, respectful, intelligent, etc... I wish people would stop thinking of people born into royalty are like gods and goddesses and should be treated as such and act as such.
3. Harry is a young guy and is going to act as such. His only mistake was to surround himself with "friends" (and I use that word loosely) that are going to take pictures of him and send them to gossip websites just to make a buck or whatever the reason.

Give the guy a break. Most of us have been there, done that at some point in our lives with the only difference being that there weren't people taking pictures and publishing them for the world to see.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Commoner

Harry's Night in Vegas

I mean I know I am reserved and a good girl but I feel like I just can't believe when I logged on here how many people are cool with his behavior. I am just blown away by how different my opinion is versus everyone else's.