Harry's Night in Vegas: August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't like all these details about where he is deployed.

I simply cannot understand that sort of info is released.

What's next? Painting his helicopter bright red and marking his tent on a map?

:previous:
I think this time there was simply no need for secrecy because as helicopter pilot (and pilot of state-of-art Apache, no less), Harry is not as much in danger as when he was just a soldier. In all the years of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Taliban didn't succeeded to shoot down a single Apache. Besides, how are they going to find out which one is flown by the Prince? Or when/where?

I don't necessarily agree with the decision to go public, but I understand the logic behind it.

:previous:
I think this time there was simply no need for secrecy because as helicopter pilot (and pilot of state-of-art Apache, no less), Harry is not as much in danger as when he was just a soldier. In all the years of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the Taliban didn't succeeded to shoot down a single Apache. Besides, how are they going to find out which one is flown by the Prince? Or when/where?

I don't necessarily agree with the decision to go public, but I understand the logic behind it.

Yeah, I understand the logic alright. But I despise the reason for publishing these details.

Never ever underestimate your enemies.

Yeah, I understand the logic alright. But I despise the reason for publishing these details.

True. Better safe than sorry.

Just think of the decision of Mid-August that all coalition troops in Afghanistan are to be armed around the clock even on bases. A wise move to face the increasing attacks of supposedly friendly troops who turn out to be deadly enemies.

I agree with this. The level of detail shared about Harry's deployment seems strange and inappropriate to me.

I think they should give him a bottle of hair dye and change his ginger lock to brown and then he would be less recognizable. Alco, they could just move him to another base without notifying anyone so they wouldn't know where to look for him.

I wonder if they are giving out information that is dated. It could be he was here but is now somewhere else. For his own personal safety, it would be unwise to give out any information about where he might or might not be. They shouldn't be giving any information out about anyone over there as far as where they are located or what they are doing. Anyone who gives out information about where he is should have to face the music.

The Taliban know he's an Apache helicopter pilot, that the British forces are concentrated in Helmand, and that these helicopters are based out of Camp Bastion. It would've taken the Taliban all of about 10 seconds to figure out where Harry's going to be 90% of the time. The MoD didn't release any more info than what most people could deduce themselves.

I'll bet that, within Bastion, Harry will rarely be left on his own with Afghan police/army given increased 'green on blue' incidents.

Wouldn't you just assume that the "information" is incorrect? On purpose? I do.

Wouldn't you just assume that the "information" is incorrect? On purpose? I do.

yes I do. or at least some of it. and i have no problem with that. The important thing is to keep everyone as safe as possible in a war zone.

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
St James's Palace has decided not to complain to Britain's press watchdog over The Sun's use of naked photos of Prince Harry in Las Vegas.

A palace spokesman claims lodging a complaint would distract Prince Harry from his duties in Afghanistan and so "would not be prudent".

BBC News - Prince Harry photos: Palace drops complaint

:previous: Makes sense. Like the Cambridges, Harry has won in the court of public opinion and most people have moved on.

Richard Palmer‏@RoyalReporter
St James's Palace has decided not to complain to Britain's press watchdog over The Sun's use of naked photos of Prince Harry in Las Vegas.

A palace spokesman claims lodging a complaint would distract Prince Harry from his duties in Afghanistan and so "would not be prudent".

BBC News - Prince Harry photos: Palace drops complaint

I think there might be a little public outrage over too loud a complaint. I think most of the world, or at least the bits I have information about, sees it as what it is. Harry was silly and got busted. Unpleasant, not nice of the other party who released the photos, but still - it was ... silly.

And Harry himself has not uttered a word of complaint. For me, this is the rub. The wronged party, in this case Harry, has not said "no" and he had no real expectation of privacy amongst strangers in a strange land, so to speak.

YMMV

I just hope it doesn't stop him from visiting the US again. Though his sister in law was photographed naked in France so it could happen anywhere. I guess the moral of the story is keep your clothes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom