The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-30-2004, 07:35 AM
Commoner

Is William Jealous of Harry?

here's something i want you guys to think about..alot of the time people say that harry is jealous of william like princess margaret was jealous of Queen elizbeth..in most royale houses the older sibling commands respect and power and holds a very established position within society whereas the younger one is usually refered to as "the spare"...but i think deep down its the other way round, a phrase used alot to describe william is "the reluctant would-be king" because of his relationship with the press but in his recent documentary prince harry said that william takes the brunt of things when it comes to criticism of their mother! Harry can afford to have a laugh, to a certain extent he can afford the odd scandel here and there..something that william cannot!

Old 09-30-2004, 08:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah, he probably does get jealous of Harry. But if he really thinks about it, he has a career and knows exactly what he will do in life, unlike Harry.

Old 09-30-2004, 10:31 AM
Courtier

what do you mean by 'burnt of things'?
Old 09-30-2004, 07:44 PM
Nobility

The world is spelled j-e-a-l-o-u-s. I'm not criticizing anyone here, but I simply cannot stand misspelled words.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecka
The world is spelled j-e-a-l-o-u-s. I'm not criticizing anyone here, but I simply cannot stand misspelled words.
Um when did this forum become an English essay?

Maybe we don't all speak or write perfect English; maybe English is a second language for some members. I think that people understood what people mean in their spelling of words is enough. No need to run through this forum with a red marker correcting spelling and grammar too.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:25 PM
Courtier

Yea, spelling and grammar don't count in a forum. Anyways, as long as you understand the general gist of it, no big deal.

I agree that Willy might be a little jealous of Harry. Harry's becoming more popular than him, he's better lookin' (I mean, Wills isn't exactly pretty nowadays), he can afford to have fun, etc. It's a big change from when they were younger when Will was the good-looking brother and the more popular of the two.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
well since you like to correct people i may as well point out that you spelled "world" instead or "WORD"...ironic considering you don't like mispelled words...i'm not picking on you but i don't think anyone here really cares about how words are spelled...and you must consider that alot of members of this forum probably speaks English as their second langauge.
Old 09-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent

oh and on Wills yeah i do think that he might just be a little jealous of all the good coverage Harry has been getting lately ^___^ you don't really hear much of Wills work though...
Old 09-30-2004, 11:23 PM
Nobility

Looking at the exact text of what I wrote, it's w-o-r-d-s, not w-o-r-l-d. I apologize for being obsessive-compulsive about spelling. As a state Howard Scripps finalist and journalism major, the English language is my god. Misspelling a major word to me would be analagous to creating a statue of the Virgin Mary out of cow feces. Mazaltoff.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:37 AM
Courtier

Smile

hey, what about my question?
Old 10-01-2004, 07:11 AM
Heir Apparent

i don't think wills is jealous of harry... that's silly!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Commoner

Quote:
sorry English is my fourth language!
Old 10-01-2004, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie2
that's ok, it didn't really bother me, i think everyone knew what you were talking about, i did correct it though
don't worry about spelling mistakes though and certainly don't be afraid to post cause you think you will make mistakes...it's really not a problem!
English is my third language so i still make mistakes all the time
Old 10-01-2004, 06:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yo, chill out about the spelling... it doesn't matter.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Looking at the exact text of what I wrote, it's w-o-r-d-s, not w-o-r-l-d. I apologize for being obsessive-compulsive about spelling. As a state Howard Scripps finalist and journalism major, the English language is my god. Misspelling a major word to me would be analagous to creating a statue of the Virgin Mary out of cow feces. Mazaltoff.
muhahahahaha I know what you meanm music is my God...I'm a music fanatic and i love all kinds od instruments and it does bug me when people call a cello a violin or a keyboard a piano or little things like that....hahaha
Old 10-02-2004, 02:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie2
WOW! Your fourth langauge??? I wish i was that talented! What else do you speak????
Old 10-02-2004, 12:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
WOW! Your fourth langauge??? I wish i was that talented! What else do you speak????
I'm Swiss I speak German, French, Italian, I learned English 2 years ago, I'm currently taking a course in Arabic but I'm really rubbish at that.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:35 PM
Nobility

Two years ago? My god, your English is very good for that period.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:40 PM
Courtier

Grecka, calm down, it's not like we're being marked on spelling/grammar on the internet. Unless you're doing that? :P

So, let's get back on topic. And the topic is/was: Is Willy jealous of his baby brother Harry?

My opinion: Sure.
Harry's getting a lot of good public attention now. That most we've heard of William in the past few months might have been from his water polo games. I mean, pardon me, but I find charity work a little more important than throwing a ball around in a pool.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Nobility

I don't think William's that petty. Sue, Harry gets the spotlight now, yet that will fade as he ages and William takes the throne. If anything, William is grateful he's been pushed out of the spotlight for a while. It must be a great relief for such an apprehensive young man. Harry, meanwhile, should enjoy his popularity right now. He has, in many ways, earned it.

Tags
prince harry, prince william, relationships