The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2005, 05:26 PM
Majesty

I believe that I read somewhere that they had directional mikes in the ground/snow. They can pick up all sorts of comments that people don't wont heard. The comment certainly wasn't said directly to the reporter concerned but as an aside to his sons.

Old 09-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Courtier

About the mike thing, I have an odd sort of theroy about it, he did it on purpose.

This is where I have seen something like this before. At the olympics in 02 the Canadian men hockey team was under a lot of pressure to win and they weren't doing so well. Wayne Gretzky who was the teams director went nuts on the media and blamed them for everything. At first everyone was really angry (and a little confused) for the next few days his outburst was the story not the hockey team. Then everyone realized that he did it to put the presure on him and off the players.

I wasn't able to follow the news around the wedding but if Charles felt the Camilla was under the heat of the media to much he might have said those comments knowing they would be picked up to make those comments the story for awhile and give Camilla a break. It just an odd theory but it sort of popped into my head when I heard what happened.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I don't think it was so much Camilla that was catching the heat, but Charles and his planners who did such a poor job planning the wedding in the beginning (like wanting the actual wedding to be at Windsor Castle, not realizing that the public could then request their weddings there too, etc.).
Old 04-17-2007, 03:35 AM
Courtier

I think there might be a little envy of Harry by William. After taking a look at all the media pictures coming out of Barbados where Harry & Chelsy seemed so laid back and comfortable with each other and seeming to have a great time, William may have gotten a little "jealous". And, after seeing a picture of Chelsy in that colourful bikini against Kate's bikini on their last trip to the Caribbean, perhaps William began to want "a" Chelsy type. That's my say on it.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Commoner

Lightbulb

like you do not have emotions yourself. look to your own emotions, and leave the boys to their own. Dontcha think they get enough psychoanalization? The public ought not to pipe in and contribute on that note, however I will anyway. They all want Grandmum's (etc.) attention and they get jealous over it and fight for it, wouldn't you if she was your Grandmother? (Me personally? I cannot fathom it.) It's a frightning thought, growing up "Royal", and thats something I don't think the general public relizes, it isn't easy for any member of Royality. I do not think they get to do as they please in any sense, and they most likely have no complaints.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
They all want Grandmum's (etc.) attention and they get jealous over it and fight for it
I'm most certain that all the grandchildren of Elizabeth II share a good relationship with their grandmother.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Courtier

I agree with Madame Royale.

Those of you who don't see The Queen's Christmas message to the British Commonwealth every year wouldnt' know that she adores all of her grandchildren, and they her.

William probably does receive special attention because he is, ipso facto, her heir, but there's absolutely no evidence that she prefers one over the other, or that the cousins (and brothers) are jealous of each other. Quite the contrary, I would have thought.

In Harry's case, I think that he's rather happy that he can lead the sort of life that he wants, i.e. at the moment, partying until he drops. I can't believe that, rich and as carefree as he is to decide his own future, that he'd be jealous of William for one moment.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by caterpillarandcat
like you do not have emotions yourself. look to your own emotions, and leave the boys to their own. Dontcha think they get enough psychoanalization? The public ought not to pipe in and contribute on that note, however I will anyway.

Ouch! This is a forum and as such, we all like to give our opinions/thoughts/summations etc. as you have done. You sounded a little bit too biting in your attack. Finally, keep in mind that the 'boys' are real and have emotions and feelings like any other real male--as well as competition. It all breeds jealousy and contentment as well.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:01 AM
Majesty

Personally I think that each is a little bit jealous of the other for differing reasons:

Harry of William because William will be King with all the good things that entails.

William of Harry because Harry won't be King with all the good things that entails.

That is normal - it is called sibling rivalry - to see the advantages of having the other position to that which they have. They, of course, are also pleased with the position they have for exactly the same reason - that there are good things in being the future king and in being the spare. There are plusses and minuses for each position and they are fully aware of that but sometimes there is the little niggle - "Why couldn't I have been born the 1st/2nd one because then I would get xxx/wouldn't have to do yyy?"

Mostly though I see two brothers who really and truly love and support each other.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
That is normal - it is called sibling rivalry - to see the advantages of having the other position to that which they have. They, of course, are also pleased with the position they have for exactly the same reason - that there are good things in being the future king and in being the spare. There are plusses and minuses for each position and they are fully aware of that but sometimes there is the little niggle - "Why couldn't I have been born the 1st/2nd one because then I would get xxx/wouldn't have to do yyy?"

Mostly though I see two brothers who really and truly love and support each other.
Ditto. As a mother of two, there is plenty of that in my home, thus my comments above regarding jealousy. I had plenty of that just last night!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie2 View Post
here's something i want you guys to think about..alot of the time people say that harry is jealous of william like princess margaret was jealous of Queen elizbeth..in most royale houses the older sibling commands respect and power and holds a very established position within society whereas the younger one is usually refered to as "the spare"...but i think deep down its the other way round, a phrase used alot to describe william is "the reluctant would-be king" because of his relationship with the press but in his recent documentary prince harry said that william takes the brunt of things when it comes to criticism of their mother! Harry can afford to have a laugh, to a certain extent he can afford the odd scandel here and there..something that william cannot!
Prince Harry should be jealous of his well-mannered, best attitude and best behaviour brother, Prince William.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivishnu View Post
Prince Harry should be jealous of his well-mannered, best attitude and best behaviour brother, Prince William.

William wasn't showing such good manners in all of the interviews preceding the Concert for Diana. Poor Harry could barely get a word in edgewise.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:08 PM

I swear I'm not trying to inject the tabloid-like dramatics into the discussion, but it has occured to me another thing besides the king factor which might provoke jealousy in William is the girlfriend factor. I did notice his looks at the concert, almost longingly at Harry and Chelsy, like he wished he could have this kind of relationship. I don't know what prevents it, whether it's the king factor overlapping or it's a personal incapability of this kind of freeness of spirit in public situations.
That is to say that it seems that Harry seems more comfortable in his skin to the point where he can be freer in his relationship with Chelsy with an almost entirely oblivious attitude about the media. In the NBC interview, William said that he doesn't let the media affect his relationships, but I don't truly buy this. We always see him guarded and reserved. There is never an impulsive, nakedly honest moment with william, and it's especially true when he's with a girlfriend. Why is this? Is it just down to a personality difference between the brothers, or is it having to do with William feeling more pressure than Harry to close off that part of himself in public?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:04 PM

Looks wise he must be quite jealous. Harry really is quite gorgeous and William is plain gawky. Harry seems to have more fun than William and generally has things a bit easier. He also did well at Sandhurst before William got there. So it's possible William could be jealous of Harry but I think that's natural for any siblings, especially when one of them is going to be King.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:36 PM

It's pretty generally undisputed that Harry has turned out the better looking of the two, but somehow I doubt William feels any jealously about the looks. Maybe he's jealous about Harry not having any bald patch (yet) but, I don't know why, but somehow I imagine William feels pretty good about the way he looks, if only because so many magazines and gushing girls kissed up to him in his heydey. Besides, Harry is probably the only person in the world (except maybe Zara and Peter) who would tell him he's gawky to his face. Everyone else tells him how "great" he is and laughs when he's not even funny, just because he's Prince William.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimebear View Post
William wasn't showing such good manners in all of the interviews preceding the Concert for Diana. Poor Harry could barely get a word in edgewise.
I wasn't not meaning his manners in the interview alone but his manners all this while. If he wasn't showing good manners during the interview doesn't mean he is bad and if Prince Harry showed good manners during the interview doesn't mean he is good. Never "Judge A Book By Its Cover". Prince Harry is the one that appeared in the news paper regularly for his behaviour than Prince William.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:19 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

William is reserved and he doesn't show his feelings to people he doesnt' know but that is perfectly normal for some people and the press doesn't necessarily have any thing to do with it. William with his distaste for public display could just as easily be embarassed by Harry's open show of emotions. In fact, I would say it would be more likely that it embarasses him rather than make him feel jealous.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 08-11-2007, 06:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Looks wise he must be quite jealous. Harry really is quite gorgeous and William is plain gawky. Harry seems to have more fun than William and generally has things a bit easier. He also did well at Sandhurst before William got there. So it's possible William could be jealous of Harry but I think that's natural for any siblings, especially when one of them is going to be King.
to each their own...i find william the better looking of the two but i do agree it's natural for siblings to be jealous of one another at times. the grass is always greener on the other side isn't it.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Nobility

The grass is always greener comment is a very good one.

I always thought when the boys were young that Harry might feel a bit slighted because so much more attention was put on William and in a way he was presented as being more important because he was next in line for the throne.

Now that the boys are older, William may feel slighted because his status has put him in a postition where he cannot be as carefree as Harry with his life, his girlfriend, ect...

IMO Harry appears to be very confident, outgoing and comfortable with who he is and lives his life this way. William appears to be more reserve, shy and not comfortable with the responsibilities that force him to be less carefree and more aware of these responsibilities.

I'm sure there were times when Harry wished he was William and times when William wished he were Harry.

The grass is always greener.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:50 PM
Royal Highness

great analysis. i think both boys have their moments of wishing they were in the other's shoes.

Tags
prince harry, prince william, relationships