The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 08-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Oman
Posts: 102
Harry and Wills relationship

There has been rumours about jealousy, fighting and that the two brothers are so different that they never would have been friends if they were not brothers.
So what do you know/think about their relationship?
Are they as close as they seem or is it only play for the gallery?
Please post pics, quotes and so on.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 08-16-2005, 04:12 PM
polop's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 482
Well, I personally don't think that they are very close.I mean how many times did Harry visit William when he was away at University?Ofcourse they both love each other but I won't consider them best buddies.When their mother died they both dealt with it differently, indicating that the death had different effect on the boys.I think Harry does look up to William but not in an effort to be like him but rather to be better than him.William has always gotten the attention;from the media, women etc. and I think Harry felt like he had to always prove himself.This kind of feeling doesn't result in admiration but instead many times in resentment.:)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 08-16-2005, 04:42 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
Like many siblings, you get what you get, instead of what you'd like!

I don't think they are very much alike in temperament.

And while Harry might envy the extra attention William receives, William probably feels some envy that Harry is going to have the ability to choose his vocation and lifestyle to a greater extent.

But they are the only two young men who really understand what it is like to be princes, Diana's sons and the attraction of so much attention. That has to create some common bond.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 08-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Harry's polo shirt's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: my paradise, United States
Posts: 2,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
Well, I personally don't think that they are very close.I mean how many times did Harry visit William when he was away at University?Ofcourse they both love each other but I won't consider them best buddies.When their mother died they both dealt with it differently, indicating that the death had different effect on the boys.I think Harry does look up to William but not in an effort to be like him but rather to be better than him.William has always gotten the attention;from the media, women etc. and I think Harry felt like he had to always prove himself.This kind of feeling doesn't result in admiration but instead many times in resentment.:)
I agree with most of what you say. I think they are very close, we both agree that they delt with their mothers death differently (mainly because of the age difference), but after her death they had to lean on each other. Can you imagine the bond and friendship they must have built during that difficult time. Will said in an interview that it took 7 hours to get home from St. Andrews, and they talked on the phone all of the time. Harry was still in school during most of time Will was at college.
Both boys have always been competative with each other, but they are boys that is a natural thing.
__________________
"The pain of spending a week with my brother is well worth it."
– Prince William, on joining Prince Harry for a charity motorcycle ride across South Africa

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 08-16-2005, 04:59 PM
sara1981's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North Little Rock, United States
Posts: 3,448
I do like Prince William and Kate very much! because more together for about 2 years but i understand William wanted Kate lived with him at Clarence House and he told his dad and his Grandmother the HM Queen both says yes that really decide!

i dont like Prince Harry's girlfriend but she looks very attractives girls and she visit Harry often at England very much! and she still wait for Harry since he training at Sandhurst

Sara Boyce
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 08-16-2005, 05:27 PM
polop's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
I agree with most of what you say. I think they are very close, we both agree that they delt with their mothers death differently (mainly because of the age difference), but after her death they had to lean on each other. Can you imagine the bond and friendship they must have built during that difficult time. Will said in an interview that it took 7 hours to get home from St. Andrews, and they talked on the phone all of the time. Harry was still in school during most of time Will was at college.
Both boys have always been competative with each other, but they are boys that is a natural thing.
True.I guess they only had each other in those difficult times.But I think as have grown up you could that they are getting farther apart.Did Kate meet formaly with Harry as she is meeting with the rest of the family?How about Chelsy?If the boys truley are close,Harry should've been the first person to meet Kate.I do agree with you about both of them leaning on each other when their mother passed away.:)
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,736
We don't know what their relationship truly is. Diana once said publicly that Harry was much more extroverted and easy-going than William, who tended to be more sensitive and introspective. Like all sibling relationships, I'm sure they've had their fights, but they probably love each other very much and are supportive of the other in general.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Harry's polo shirt's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: my paradise, United States
Posts: 2,091
Opposites attract right. Will probably enjoys Harry's rebelious behavior.

Hey polop who is in your avitar. It looked like Lauren Bush at a glance but I know its not.
__________________
"The pain of spending a week with my brother is well worth it."
– Prince William, on joining Prince Harry for a charity motorcycle ride across South Africa

Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-16-2005, 10:45 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
Is polop's avitar Princess Madeleine of Sweden?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Harry's polo shirt's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: my paradise, United States
Posts: 2,091
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Is polop's avitar Princess Madeleine of Sweden?
I think it is.
__________________
"The pain of spending a week with my brother is well worth it."
– Prince William, on joining Prince Harry for a charity motorcycle ride across South Africa

Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 08-17-2005, 12:08 PM
polop's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 482
No, that's me.(just kidding!)I wish it was me.:p That is Princess Madeleine.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Feberin's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Baltimore, United States
Posts: 68
I would assume that they aren't best friends or anything because of their differant personalities. I also would assume William would be prone to lecturing Harry about his misbehavior. However I don't think they're distant or anything. They probably talk on the phone when they get a chance and visit some times.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-21-2005, 05:09 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Oman
Posts: 102
I also think that they are quite close, but not best friends. I think they get along very well even though they are very different. Also, we don't know how they REALLY are like, we have only got an impression of what they are like through the media, interwiews and so on. I think Harry looks up to William, and that William in many ways has been quite protective of Harry- especially when they were younger.
At the same time, William very early got the attention from the media and became the Prince Charming while Harry was just seen as the spair-heir, wich I don't think was easy for any of them.
We don't really know them, even though we think we know what they are like.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Australian's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 2,152
Their relationship, to me, seems like that of Princess Caroline (William) and Princess Stephanie (Harry) because harry is the more outrageous and scandalous one and william is the dedicated reseerved royal. So i think that perhaps they have a similar relationship like the Monaco sisters. But at the same time, i think that Wills is protective of his brother though, when the need arises. However, i do think that the they get on well, just not got much in common like Caroline and Stephanie. Just my opinion of course
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Britters's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DC, United States
Posts: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
True.I guess they only had each other in those difficult times.But I think as have grown up you could that they are getting farther apart.Did Kate meet formaly with Harry as she is meeting with the rest of the family?How about Chelsy?If the boys truley are close,Harry should've been the first person to meet Kate.I do agree with you about both of them leaning on each other when their mother passed away.:)
Kate has been around for 3 years, she's been on ski trips with the Wales family. This whole thing about her being introduced to the family is directed at the fact that she's meeting the extended family. Kate met Charles and Harry 2 years ago (if not before) at the Klosters ski trip.

Another note on that topic/reasoning I'm unbelievable close with my sister (she even lived in another country then me for two years) and she wasn't the first to meet any of my serious boyfriends or even the man I'm marrying. I see my sister all the time now, we live in the same state, and I have yet to meet her boyfriend, things have just worked out that he's not available when we hang out. (Mainly because no man wants to go shopping with the two of us-they recognize our shopping trips are all day excursions! ) '

I guess what I'm saying is I don't think it's fair to judge the closeness of William and Harry's relationship off of whether they've met one another's significant others first or not.
__________________
Have you ever wished on a star? It's a magic everyone needs to experience!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-21-2005, 11:23 AM
polop's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
Kate has been around for 3 years, she's been on ski trips with the Wales family. This whole thing about her being introduced to the family is directed at the fact that she's meeting the extended family. Kate met Charles and Harry 2 years ago (if not before) at the Klosters ski trip.

Another note on that topic/reasoning I'm unbelievable close with my sister (she even lived in another country then me for two years) and she wasn't the first to meet any of my serious boyfriends or even the man I'm marrying. I see my sister all the time now, we live in the same state, and I have yet to meet her boyfriend, things have just worked out that he's not available when we hang out. (Mainly because no man wants to go shopping with the two of us-they recognize our shopping trips are all day excursions! ) '

I guess what I'm saying is I don't think it's fair to judge the closeness of William and Harry's relationship off of whether they've met one another's significant others first or not.
I understand what you're saying;I really didn't mean that they both should've been the first people to meet each others girlfriends,but how they have been introduced to one another.(girlfriend and brother):)
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Harry's polo shirt's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: my paradise, United States
Posts: 2,091
Will was probably hesitant to introduce Kate to Harry because he didn't want to scare her away.:p
__________________
"The pain of spending a week with my brother is well worth it."
– Prince William, on joining Prince Harry for a charity motorcycle ride across South Africa

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-21-2005, 10:31 PM
polop's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 482
Oh,come on!He isn't that bad!:p :)
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Becky24's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 172
Hello! I think I am beginning to get the hang of posting! Does anyone have any new photos of Harry or Wills?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-22-2005, 06:48 PM
runaway princess's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Wishing to live somewhere else in Europe, Canada
Posts: 510
I think they're close but not as close...and someone here said that their relationship is like Princess Carolin and Steph's and I agree with that a 100%
__________________

__________________
runaway princess
The One who got away......
Royals Rule!!!!!!!
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
prince harry, prince william, relationships


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who Would You Choose - William or Harry? Bananita Prince Harry and Prince William 323 09-02-2012 10:04 PM
Prince William News Thread 1: Dec 2002 - June 2003 Mary Anne Current Events Archive 117 06-23-2003 09:30 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman picture of the month pom president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:24 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]