The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Aristocracy

Harry and Wills relationship

There has been rumours about jealousy, fighting and that the two brothers are so different that they never would have been friends if they were not brothers.
So what do you know/think about their relationship?
Are they as close as they seem or is it only play for the gallery?
Please post pics, quotes and so on.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:12 PM
Nobility

Well, I personally don't think that they are very close.I mean how many times did Harry visit William when he was away at University?Ofcourse they both love each other but I won't consider them best buddies.When their mother died they both dealt with it differently, indicating that the death had different effect on the boys.I think Harry does look up to William but not in an effort to be like him but rather to be better than him.William has always gotten the attention;from the media, women etc. and I think Harry felt like he had to always prove himself.This kind of feeling doesn't result in admiration but instead many times in resentment.:)

Old 08-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Like many siblings, you get what you get, instead of what you'd like!

I don't think they are very much alike in temperament.

And while Harry might envy the extra attention William receives, William probably feels some envy that Harry is going to have the ability to choose his vocation and lifestyle to a greater extent.

But they are the only two young men who really understand what it is like to be princes, Diana's sons and the attraction of so much attention. That has to create some common bond.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
Well, I personally don't think that they are very close.I mean how many times did Harry visit William when he was away at University?Ofcourse they both love each other but I won't consider them best buddies.When their mother died they both dealt with it differently, indicating that the death had different effect on the boys.I think Harry does look up to William but not in an effort to be like him but rather to be better than him.William has always gotten the attention;from the media, women etc. and I think Harry felt like he had to always prove himself.This kind of feeling doesn't result in admiration but instead many times in resentment.:)
I agree with most of what you say. I think they are very close, we both agree that they delt with their mothers death differently (mainly because of the age difference), but after her death they had to lean on each other. Can you imagine the bond and friendship they must have built during that difficult time. Will said in an interview that it took 7 hours to get home from St. Andrews, and they talked on the phone all of the time. Harry was still in school during most of time Will was at college.
Both boys have always been competative with each other, but they are boys that is a natural thing.

Old 08-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I do like Prince William and Kate very much! because more together for about 2 years but i understand William wanted Kate lived with him at Clarence House and he told his dad and his Grandmother the HM Queen both says yes that really decide!

i dont like Prince Harry's girlfriend but she looks very attractives girls and she visit Harry often at England very much! and she still wait for Harry since he training at Sandhurst

Sara Boyce
Old 08-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
I agree with most of what you say. I think they are very close, we both agree that they delt with their mothers death differently (mainly because of the age difference), but after her death they had to lean on each other. Can you imagine the bond and friendship they must have built during that difficult time. Will said in an interview that it took 7 hours to get home from St. Andrews, and they talked on the phone all of the time. Harry was still in school during most of time Will was at college.
Both boys have always been competative with each other, but they are boys that is a natural thing.
True.I guess they only had each other in those difficult times.But I think as have grown up you could that they are getting farther apart.Did Kate meet formaly with Harry as she is meeting with the rest of the family?How about Chelsy?If the boys truley are close,Harry should've been the first person to meet Kate.I do agree with you about both of them leaning on each other when their mother passed away.:)
Old 08-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

We don't know what their relationship truly is. Diana once said publicly that Harry was much more extroverted and easy-going than William, who tended to be more sensitive and introspective. Like all sibling relationships, I'm sure they've had their fights, but they probably love each other very much and are supportive of the other in general.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Opposites attract right. Will probably enjoys Harry's rebelious behavior.

Hey polop who is in your avitar. It looked like Lauren Bush at a glance but I know its not.

Old 08-16-2005, 10:45 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Is polop's avitar Princess Madeleine of Sweden?
Old 08-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
Is polop's avitar Princess Madeleine of Sweden?
I think it is.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Nobility

No, that's me.(just kidding!)I wish it was me.:p That is Princess Madeleine.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Gentry

I would assume that they aren't best friends or anything because of their differant personalities. I also would assume William would be prone to lecturing Harry about his misbehavior. However I don't think they're distant or anything. They probably talk on the phone when they get a chance and visit some times.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:09 AM
Aristocracy

I also think that they are quite close, but not best friends. I think they get along very well even though they are very different. Also, we don't know how they REALLY are like, we have only got an impression of what they are like through the media, interwiews and so on. I think Harry looks up to William, and that William in many ways has been quite protective of Harry- especially when they were younger.
At the same time, William very early got the attention from the media and became the Prince Charming while Harry was just seen as the spair-heir, wich I don't think was easy for any of them.
We don't really know them, even though we think we know what they are like.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Their relationship, to me, seems like that of Princess Caroline (William) and Princess Stephanie (Harry) because harry is the more outrageous and scandalous one and william is the dedicated reseerved royal. So i think that perhaps they have a similar relationship like the Monaco sisters. But at the same time, i think that Wills is protective of his brother though, when the need arises. However, i do think that the they get on well, just not got much in common like Caroline and Stephanie. Just my opinion of course
Old 08-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
True.I guess they only had each other in those difficult times.But I think as have grown up you could that they are getting farther apart.Did Kate meet formaly with Harry as she is meeting with the rest of the family?How about Chelsy?If the boys truley are close,Harry should've been the first person to meet Kate.I do agree with you about both of them leaning on each other when their mother passed away.:)
Kate has been around for 3 years, she's been on ski trips with the Wales family. This whole thing about her being introduced to the family is directed at the fact that she's meeting the extended family. Kate met Charles and Harry 2 years ago (if not before) at the Klosters ski trip.

Another note on that topic/reasoning I'm unbelievable close with my sister (she even lived in another country then me for two years) and she wasn't the first to meet any of my serious boyfriends or even the man I'm marrying. I see my sister all the time now, we live in the same state, and I have yet to meet her boyfriend, things have just worked out that he's not available when we hang out. (Mainly because no man wants to go shopping with the two of us-they recognize our shopping trips are all day excursions! ) '

I guess what I'm saying is I don't think it's fair to judge the closeness of William and Harry's relationship off of whether they've met one another's significant others first or not.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britters
Kate has been around for 3 years, she's been on ski trips with the Wales family. This whole thing about her being introduced to the family is directed at the fact that she's meeting the extended family. Kate met Charles and Harry 2 years ago (if not before) at the Klosters ski trip.

Another note on that topic/reasoning I'm unbelievable close with my sister (she even lived in another country then me for two years) and she wasn't the first to meet any of my serious boyfriends or even the man I'm marrying. I see my sister all the time now, we live in the same state, and I have yet to meet her boyfriend, things have just worked out that he's not available when we hang out. (Mainly because no man wants to go shopping with the two of us-they recognize our shopping trips are all day excursions! ) '

I guess what I'm saying is I don't think it's fair to judge the closeness of William and Harry's relationship off of whether they've met one another's significant others first or not.
I understand what you're saying;I really didn't mean that they both should've been the first people to meet each others girlfriends,but how they have been introduced to one another.(girlfriend and brother):)
Old 08-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Will was probably hesitant to introduce Kate to Harry because he didn't want to scare her away.:p

Old 08-21-2005, 10:31 PM
Nobility

Oh,come on!He isn't that bad!:p :)
Old 08-22-2005, 03:34 PM
Aristocracy

Hello! I think I am beginning to get the hang of posting! Does anyone have any new photos of Harry or Wills?
Old 08-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Courtier

I think they're close but not as close...and someone here said that their relationship is like Princess Carolin and Steph's and I agree with that a 100%

They make the best husbands!!!!!!

Tags
prince harry, prince william, relationships