The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-02-2004, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Harry will always be popular because he is much more fun than William will ever be.

Old 10-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Harry will always be popular because he is much more fun than William will ever be.
Harry doesn't have the weight of the throne on his shoulders or all the future responsibilities William bears, so he has more freedom than his older brother. If Harry gives off the impression of being less responsible, or at least more of an average 19 year old through his pot smoking and drinking, the monarchy isn't as much in jeopardy. But if William had a similar party boy image that would cast a lot of doubt over the future of the monarchy.

So Harry can be more fun because he doesn't have all the responsibility and obligations and expectations to live up to and fulfill one day.

Old 10-03-2004, 03:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie2
I'm Swiss I speak German, French, Italian, I learned English 2 years ago, I'm currently taking a course in Arabic but I'm really rubbish at that.
OMG you speak all the languages i want to speak except for LAtin and Japanese...that's soooooooo cool!!! Good on u!!! ^___^
Old 10-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Do people normally speak Latin, or just write it?
Old 10-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Heir Apparent

um...i think it is possible to write and speck latin ^__^
Old 10-04-2004, 02:19 AM
Heir Apparent

i dont think so!

Prince William and Prince Harry wouldnt getting jealous! Princess Diana chose William like as mother and sons than Harry because William is still as future King of England what Diana says! oh my gosh! but its would making Harry really painful!

Prince William and Prince Harry like to share as brother than jealous! but i do respect Princess Diana taking William all the times i hates it!

Sara Boyce
Old 10-04-2004, 11:40 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
OMG you speak all the languages i want to speak except for LAtin and Japanese...that's soooooooo cool!!! Good on u!!! ^___^
I'd love to say i'm unique but in Switzerland most people to speak more than one language...it's very common!
Old 10-04-2004, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I would say that he perhaps is, to a certain degree. After all, Harry can do a lot of things William cannot. He has a certain freedom which William hasn't.

Some might say that William will get a lot of privileges that Harry won't, but those privileges come at a pretty high prize.

People seem to expect wild things from Harry, but if William did the same things, there'd be an uproar over the state of the monarchy.

Jealous? Sure, but probably not more than siblings generally are of each other. I know that while I love my younger sisters, I sometimes am envious of the way they get easier permission to do stuff than I did, because I've already done them, and my parents know more about it. Stuff like that is common in every family.

William and Harry seem to be good friends, though, and I think that has been and is going to be important for both of them. Ultimately, though, very few can understand what they are going through, and I don't think that they understand it all the time.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hope they're more mutually supportive than jealous. There are advantages and disadvantages for both of them, but I think the greater disadvantage is for William, whose choices in life are so much more restricted.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:57 PM
Royal Highness

I think it is the other way around. I hav eheard Harry is jealous of William cuz he wants to be king. BUt i think the love each other more than they are jealous. And that makes me feel better.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:21 PM
Nobility

I find it astonishing to witness the easy acceptance of William's future Kingship on this thread. Do we honestly believe that this boy is going to seamlessly slid into the role of King and that his reign will be a happy one? Prince charles was born into an age of unquestioning deferance and yet he still managed to make a right old mess of things and yet some of us expect a young man of 22 (in this day and age) to be the saviour of the Monarchy. Give me a break!
Old 10-30-2004, 01:30 AM
Royal Highness

Dude...it is not like we have a choice. Besides I think that William will come to turns w/ his destiny and that he will make a great king
Old 11-01-2004, 01:44 AM

To me, it seems like William is jealous of Harry, but on certain points. Not at everything, just certain things, that could make him jealous of his brother. (Don't know why.) But yeah.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Courtier

im sure he will make a great king one day.... in many many centuries!!!
Old 11-02-2004, 03:44 PM
Aristocracy

Cool

I think there is a bit of jearlous but it is on both sides. It is called sibling rivalry. Harry doesn't have the pressures of one day being King but on the other hand William doesn't have to prove himself as an indivdual because it is already defined for him in a way.

We must remember that the royal family is no longer a political force. The Queen does have a weekly audience with the PM but that is about it. Part of the reason so much attention is being paid to them because of Diana, although no matter who their mother is attention will be paid.

THis is only my opinion
Old 12-08-2004, 06:22 AM
Majesty

i think william could feel abit jealous role, in the royal family becouse they will have different path in thier life
Old 12-21-2004, 02:49 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by james
I find it astonishing to witness the easy acceptance of William's future Kingship on this thread. Do we honestly believe that this boy is going to seamlessly slid into the role of King and that his reign will be a happy one? Prince charles was born into an age of unquestioning deferance and yet he still managed to make a right old mess of things and yet some of us expect a young man of 22 (in this day and age) to be the saviour of the Monarchy. Give me a break!
There have been numerous young monarchs in history and they have been some of the brightest. Anyways William has a number of years before he will be King after all his grandmother still has her health and his father is before him in line for the throne so I doubt he will become King before he's fifty. It seems to me that William has his grandmother's sense of duty and when the time comes will be a good King.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:52 PM

Prince William is soooo not jealous of Prince Harry. U kiddin'? Remind me again...whose going to be king? anyways i might just think that because im a HUGE william fan! im sooo goin to marry him one day!lol!
Old 01-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy_bula
Prince William is soooo not jealous of Prince Harry. U kiddin'? Remind me again...whose going to be king? anyways i might just think that because im a HUGE william fan! im sooo goin to marry him one day!lol!
hi!

I would agree with you!

I dont think so! but William and Harry dont jealous because both are good brothers!

Sara Boyce
Old 01-18-2005, 03:42 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1981
hi!

I would agree with you!

I dont think so! but William and Harry dont jealous because both are good brothers!

Sara Boyce
Actually I think they are more likely to be jealous because they are brothers. Not horribly jealous but I think all siblings are at least a little jealous of each other. It may be little things like wishing you had inherrited the physical or personality trait from a parent such as intelligence, curly hair or something.

And I bet every oldest child wishes at times that they were the youngest and the youngest wishes they were the oldest or a middle child wishes they were in either position because they envy privillages their siblings in those positions recieve. I know in my family we are all treated very differantly with things. My youngest brother is failing English and nobody is too bothered. I got a D in a class once and it was as if I had commited murder!

When you have brothers like William and Harry who will lead very differant lives as they grow older because of birth order they must have some jealously. Harry can get away with all the things William wouldn't and doesn't have nearly as much preasure on him. And of course William will be King eventually. But like you said they are brothers so these small jealous feelings they probably share will not be getting in the way of their close friendship. And because only the two of them will really EVER understand what they have to put up with being royal children and Diana's sons they are undoubtly always going to extremely close.

Tags
prince harry, prince william, relationships