Harry and William's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellie2

Commoner
here's something i want you guys to think about..alot of the time people say that harry is jealous of william like princess margaret was jealous of Queen elizbeth..in most royale houses the older sibling commands respect and power and holds a very established position within society whereas the younger one is usually refered to as "the spare"...but i think deep down its the other way round, a phrase used alot to describe william is "the reluctant would-be king" because of his relationship with the press but in his recent documentary prince harry said that william takes the brunt of things when it comes to criticism of their mother! Harry can afford to have a laugh, to a certain extent he can afford the odd scandel here and there..something that william cannot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, he probably does get jealous of Harry. But if he really thinks about it, he has a career and knows exactly what he will do in life, unlike Harry.

what do you mean by 'burnt of things'?

Last edited:
The world is spelled j-e-a-l-o-u-s. I'm not criticizing anyone here, but I simply cannot stand misspelled words.

grecka said:
The world is spelled j-e-a-l-o-u-s. I'm not criticizing anyone here, but I simply cannot stand misspelled words.
Um when did this forum become an English essay?

Maybe we don't all speak or write perfect English; maybe English is a second language for some members. I think that people understood what people mean in their spelling of words is enough. No need to run through this forum with a red marker correcting spelling and grammar too.

Yea, spelling and grammar don't count in a forum. Anyways, as long as you understand the general gist of it, no big deal.

I agree that Willy might be a little jealous of Harry. Harry's becoming more popular than him, he's better lookin' (I mean, Wills isn't exactly pretty nowadays), he can afford to have fun, etc. It's a big change from when they were younger when Will was the good-looking brother and the more popular of the two.

grecka said:
well since you like to correct people i may as well point out that you spelled "world" instead or "WORD"...ironic considering you don't like mispelled words...i'm not picking on you but i don't think anyone here really cares about how words are spelled...and you must consider that alot of members of this forum probably speaks English as their second langauge.

oh and on Wills yeah i do think that he might just be a little jealous of all the good coverage Harry has been getting lately ^___^ you don't really hear much of Wills work though...

Looking at the exact text of what I wrote, it's w-o-r-d-s, not w-o-r-l-d. I apologize for being obsessive-compulsive about spelling. As a state Howard Scripps finalist and journalism major, the English language is my god. Misspelling a major word to me would be analagous to creating a statue of the Virgin Mary out of cow feces. Mazaltoff.

hey, what about my question?

i don't think wills is jealous of harry... that's silly!

grecka said:
sorry English is my fourth language!

Ellie2 said:
sorry English is my fourth language!
that's ok, it didn't really bother me, i think everyone knew what you were talking about, i did correct it though
don't worry about spelling mistakes though and certainly don't be afraid to post cause you think you will make mistakes...it's really not a problem!
English is my third language so i still make mistakes all the time:D

grecka said:
Looking at the exact text of what I wrote, it's w-o-r-d-s, not w-o-r-l-d. I apologize for being obsessive-compulsive about spelling. As a state Howard Scripps finalist and journalism major, the English language is my god. Misspelling a major word to me would be analagous to creating a statue of the Virgin Mary out of cow feces. Mazaltoff.
muhahahahaha I know what you meanm music is my God...I'm a music fanatic and i love all kinds od instruments and it does bug me when people call a cello a violin or a keyboard a piano or little things like that....hahaha

hillary_nugent said:
WOW! Your fourth langauge??? I wish i was that talented! What else do you speak????
I'm Swiss I speak German, French, Italian, I learned English 2 years ago, I'm currently taking a course in Arabic but I'm really rubbish at that.

Grecka, calm down, it's not like we're being marked on spelling/grammar on the internet. Unless you're doing that? :p

So, let's get back on topic. And the topic is/was: Is Willy jealous of his baby brother Harry?

My opinion: Sure.
Harry's getting a lot of good public attention now. That most we've heard of William in the past few months might have been from his water polo games. I mean, pardon me, but I find charity work a little more important than throwing a ball around in a pool.

I don't think William's that petty. Sue, Harry gets the spotlight now, yet that will fade as he ages and William takes the throne. If anything, William is grateful he's been pushed out of the spotlight for a while. It must be a great relief for such an apprehensive young man. Harry, meanwhile, should enjoy his popularity right now. He has, in many ways, earned it.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
Harry will always be popular because he is much more fun than William will ever be.
Harry doesn't have the weight of the throne on his shoulders or all the future responsibilities William bears, so he has more freedom than his older brother. If Harry gives off the impression of being less responsible, or at least more of an average 19 year old through his pot smoking and drinking, the monarchy isn't as much in jeopardy. But if William had a similar party boy image that would cast a lot of doubt over the future of the monarchy.

So Harry can be more fun because he doesn't have all the responsibility and obligations and expectations to live up to and fulfill one day.

Ellie2 said:
I'm Swiss I speak German, French, Italian, I learned English 2 years ago, I'm currently taking a course in Arabic but I'm really rubbish at that.
OMG you speak all the languages i want to speak except for LAtin and Japanese...that's soooooooo cool!!! Good on u!!! ^___^

i dont think so!

Prince William and Prince Harry wouldnt getting jealous! Princess Diana chose William like as mother and sons than Harry because William is still as future King of England what Diana says! oh my gosh! but its would making Harry really painful!

Prince William and Prince Harry like to share as brother than jealous! but i do respect Princess Diana taking William all the times i hates it!

Sara Boyce

hillary_nugent said:
OMG you speak all the languages i want to speak except for LAtin and Japanese...that's soooooooo cool!!! Good on u!!! ^___^

I'd love to say i'm unique :D but in Switzerland most people to speak more than one language...it's very common!

I would say that he perhaps is, to a certain degree. After all, Harry can do a lot of things William cannot. He has a certain freedom which William hasn't.

Some might say that William will get a lot of privileges that Harry won't, but those privileges come at a pretty high prize.

People seem to expect wild things from Harry, but if William did the same things, there'd be an uproar over the state of the monarchy.

Jealous? Sure, but probably not more than siblings generally are of each other. I know that while I love my younger sisters, I sometimes am envious of the way they get easier permission to do stuff than I did, because I've already done them, and my parents know more about it. Stuff like that is common in every family.

William and Harry seem to be good friends, though, and I think that has been and is going to be important for both of them. Ultimately, though, very few can understand what they are going through, and I don't think that they understand it all the time.

I hope they're more mutually supportive than jealous. There are advantages and disadvantages for both of them, but I think the greater disadvantage is for William, whose choices in life are so much more restricted.

I think it is the other way around. I hav eheard Harry is jealous of William cuz he wants to be king. BUt i think the love each other more than they are jealous. And that makes me feel better.

Back
Top Bottom