Harry and William's Relationship

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah,I think that they have more of a understanding relationship than a physical one.By physical,I mean,they don't need to call each other everyday to keep their relationship the way it is.They can meet once in 3 months,sit and talk for 30 mintues and they will be fine.;) :)

If you know someone for that long, that type of relationship happens. My best friend and I have been best friends for 16 years and we are like that.

Any body language experts?
_JPC_Perso_photos_JPC_Blog_20050401PrinceCharlesWilliamHarryFace.jpg
from echafaudages

anyone have any pics of Will and harry together as children?

Harry's polo shirt said:
Maybe they are not as close as I think??

But look at that photo. They're both in Prince Charles' physical space, and Harry and William mimic each other -- both leaning forward, left arm across the body, resting on the leg. It strikes me as a sort of defensive gesture.

And oddly enough, I think Charles usually seems to be more touchy-feely toward Harry. (In this case he has an arm around each of his sons.)

I get the impression too that the boys are protective of Prince Charles here and that they're working as a team of three.

I believe that both boys were uncomfortable because of one reporter there.I believe he asked something about the marriage between Prince Charles and Camilla.:rolleyes: :)

The whole Charles seeming closer to Harry might be due to the fact that when Harry was born, Charles wanted him to be a girl. After a while he felt bad about it and decided to bond with Harry to make up for it.

I agree about the discomfort with the reporters -- look at William's face. (Of course, at some point Charles made his infamous comment during this shoot!)

And about Harry. I think you're right about Charles trying to compensate for that story, and I think Charles probably tries to compensate for the rumors concerning Harry's parentage.

Remember when Harry was a little tiny boy and Diana said that he and Charles were very close. That was before the Hewitt thing, and Charles was upset that he was boy and had red hair. Maybe Charles sees what he wanted to be, in Harry. But Charles couldn't because he was heir to the throne.

I like pictures of Prince Charles and Harry together because they are always laughing and joking around. When Charles is with Will, they usually seem very serious and collected.

William and Harry--a recent pic.
Photograph by Ian Jones.

nbowles11b.jpg

Last edited:
It could just be that Harry's a more demonstrative person than William. that seems likely.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
The whole Charles seeming closer to Harry might be due to the fact that when Harry was born, Charles wanted him to be a girl. After a while he felt bad about it and decided to bond with Harry to make up for it.

That was my take on it, too.

Of course, (playing devil's advocate) we only had Diana's word for it that Charles made the comment about Harry's red hair. I'm not sure if anyone besides Diana said that Charles wanted a daughter and not another son.

And even if he did comment on Harry's red hair, it could just be that, a comment/observation that the baby has red hair. Period.

iowabelle said:
That was my take on it, too.

Of course, (playing devil's advocate) we only had Diana's word for it that Charles made the comment about Harry's red hair. I'm not sure if anyone besides Diana said that Charles wanted a daughter and not another son.

Prince Charles said in an interview that he wanted a girl. When Harry was born Diana said that he said "oh its a boy...and he's got red hair." and at Harrys baptism they said that Charles was complaining about his hair and being a boy and the Queen Mother told him he should be happy the baby is healthy, and Charles was bitter the rest of the day.

Prince Charles said in an interview that he wanted a girl. When Harry was born Diana said that he said "oh its a boy...and he's got red hair." and at Harrys baptism they said that Charles was complaining about his hair and being a boy and the Queen Mother told him he should be happy the baby is healthy, and Charles was bitter the rest of the day.

"they" being who, exactly?

iowabelle said:
I agree about the discomfort with the reporters -- look at William's face. (Of course, at some point Charles made his infamous comment during this shoot!)

Are you talking about what he said about the BBC reporter or are you referencing something else?

regardez said:
Are you talking about what he said about the BBC reporter or are you referencing something else?

Yes, I think (maybe I have the comment wrong) that he said something about hating that reporter. (I don't understand why he would have said that, unless he wanted it heard. Charles ought to know better.)

He said the comment very quietly, the news reporters read his lips that is how everyone found out he said that.

I think the mike was on. I heard him say it. He kind of mumbled it.

Yes, I heard that he didn't realize the mike was on. Also there might have been mikes hidden in the snow? But I'm not sure.

I believe that I read somewhere that they had directional mikes in the ground/snow. They can pick up all sorts of comments that people don't wont heard. The comment certainly wasn't said directly to the reporter concerned but as an aside to his sons.

About the mike thing, I have an odd sort of theroy about it, he did it on purpose.

This is where I have seen something like this before. At the olympics in 02 the Canadian men hockey team was under a lot of pressure to win and they weren't doing so well. Wayne Gretzky who was the teams director went nuts on the media and blamed them for everything. At first everyone was really angry (and a little confused) for the next few days his outburst was the story not the hockey team. Then everyone realized that he did it to put the presure on him and off the players.

I wasn't able to follow the news around the wedding but if Charles felt the Camilla was under the heat of the media to much he might have said those comments knowing they would be picked up to make those comments the story for awhile and give Camilla a break. It just an odd theory but it sort of popped into my head when I heard what happened.

I don't think it was so much Camilla that was catching the heat, but Charles and his planners who did such a poor job planning the wedding in the beginning (like wanting the actual wedding to be at Windsor Castle, not realizing that the public could then request their weddings there too, etc.).

I think there might be a little envy of Harry by William. After taking a look at all the media pictures coming out of Barbados where Harry & Chelsy seemed so laid back and comfortable with each other and seeming to have a great time, William may have gotten a little "jealous". And, after seeing a picture of Chelsy in that colourful bikini against Kate's bikini on their last trip to the Caribbean, perhaps William began to want "a" Chelsy type. That's my say on it.:)

Last edited:
like you do not have emotions yourself. look to your own emotions, and leave the boys to their own. Dontcha think they get enough psychoanalization? The public ought not to pipe in and contribute on that note, however I will anyway. They all want Grandmum's (etc.) attention and they get jealous over it and fight for it, wouldn't you if she was your Grandmother? (Me personally? I cannot fathom it.) It's a frightning thought, growing up "Royal", and thats something I don't think the general public relizes, it isn't easy for any member of Royality. I do not think they get to do as they please in any sense, and they most likely have no complaints.

They all want Grandmum's (etc.) attention and they get jealous over it and fight for it

I'm most certain that all the grandchildren of Elizabeth II share a good relationship with their grandmother.

I agree with Madame Royale.

Those of you who don't see The Queen's Christmas message to the British Commonwealth every year wouldnt' know that she adores all of her grandchildren, and they her.

William probably does receive special attention because he is, ipso facto, her heir, but there's absolutely no evidence that she prefers one over the other, or that the cousins (and brothers) are jealous of each other. Quite the contrary, I would have thought.

In Harry's case, I think that he's rather happy that he can lead the sort of life that he wants, i.e. at the moment, partying until he drops. I can't believe that, rich and as carefree as he is to decide his own future, that he'd be jealous of William for one moment.

caterpillarandcat said:
like you do not have emotions yourself. look to your own emotions, and leave the boys to their own. Dontcha think they get enough psychoanalization? The public ought not to pipe in and contribute on that note, however I will anyway.

Ouch! This is a forum and as such, we all like to give our opinions/thoughts/summations etc. as you have done. You sounded a little bit too biting in your attack. Finally, keep in mind that the 'boys' are real and have emotions and feelings like any other real male--as well as competition. It all breeds jealousy and contentment as well.:neutral:

Personally I think that each is a little bit jealous of the other for differing reasons:

Harry of William because William will be King with all the good things that entails.

William of Harry because Harry won't be King with all the good things that entails.

That is normal - it is called sibling rivalry - to see the advantages of having the other position to that which they have. They, of course, are also pleased with the position they have for exactly the same reason - that there are good things in being the future king and in being the spare. There are plusses and minuses for each position and they are fully aware of that but sometimes there is the little niggle - "Why couldn't I have been born the 1st/2nd one because then I would get xxx/wouldn't have to do yyy?"

Mostly though I see two brothers who really and truly love and support each other.

chrissy57 said:
That is normal - it is called sibling rivalry - to see the advantages of having the other position to that which they have. They, of course, are also pleased with the position they have for exactly the same reason - that there are good things in being the future king and in being the spare. There are plusses and minuses for each position and they are fully aware of that but sometimes there is the little niggle - "Why couldn't I have been born the 1st/2nd one because then I would get xxx/wouldn't have to do yyy?"

Mostly though I see two brothers who really and truly love and support each other.

Ditto. As a mother of two, there is plenty of that in my home, thus my comments above regarding jealousy. I had plenty of that just last night!:)

Back
Top Bottom