The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-23-2016, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

A lot of the events you mention though were events which garnered publicity for causes and kudos for the BRF. We know through polling that the Cambridges and Harry are extremely popular with the public and are regarded by the KP Press Office and commentators as the face of the Young Royals.

We don't know how much KP's offices sets up the agenda for these engagements because they feel the public likes to see them and three royals seen together sometimes is better than two, or one. That is more likely in my view than the initiative for joint engagements coming from one or other of the brothers. It might be that those who arrange these joint events may well call up each of the Royal brothers and they just say 'OK.'

That scenario doesn't mean that they don't like each other or that there are stresses and strains between them or that they don't text or email or phone each other on a regular basis. It doesn't mean that Harry doesn't have fun with George when he does see him.

It just means IMO that the two brothers don't live in each other's pockets, that they have different priorities at the moment. I feel that with one mostly residing in Norfolk with his family and one residing mostly in London, as a bachelor, that they probably don't see each other that much in their private lives, certainly not as much as they did even ten years ago. IMO.

Old 10-23-2016, 08:23 AM
Heir Apparent

However your initial argument was that we don't see Harry roughhousing with George and Charlotte like he did with Mia and expressed concerned that he wasn't going to be able to develop a relationship with them.

How many times a year, does Harry see Mia who lives 3hrs away from London in Gloucestershire? It's probably less than the amount of time he sees George and Charlotte.

I can also argue that William and Harry probably see each other now than they did when they were single younger men. Back then they were constantly in different locations whether on a gap year, university, different military bases. With the Heads up, royal foundation event and BP reception on Tuesday, that's 3 times together in the last 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 10-23-2016, 08:31 AM
Heir Apparent

In Harry's interview with the first lady, it was stated Harry does roughhouse with George.

In my family, William and Harry would be considered very close.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:24 AM
Serene Highness

I agree with Skippyboo, that the brothers get along better now than they did 10-15 years ago, especially if you believe Prince Edward.( See my old post below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I just came across this old article on Tumblr, so I thought I would make an addendum to my old post.
Edward's TV company to air William gossip | Media | The Guardian
According to Prince Edward and his film company, William and Harry " don't get on". Now that might have been a slight exaggeration by Prince Edward to get viewership bait for his floundering company, but I have long thought the fanciful deep bond between the brothers was mere wishful thinking by their fans. The last vestige of The Wales Fairy Tale. Are they brothers? Yes. Are they social-set acquaintances? Yes. Are they close friends? Nope. It's kind of nice to know their uncle agrees with me.
I'm truly curious at the posters who think William and Harry are extremely close, because it's always interesting when people get different reads. For me I compare them to other siblings who have a less than 5 year age difference. In terms of closeness from most to least close I would rank the following:

1. Pippa and James
2.Peter and Zara
3. Camilla and Annabel
4. Beatrice and Eugenie
5. Tie between Elizabeth-Margaret and Catherine-Pippa and Camilla-Mark

(drop a tier)

8. Tie between Charles-Anne and William-Harry

(drop a tier)

10. Diana and Lady Jane
11. Andrew and Edward
12. Diana and Charles Spencer
Old 10-23-2016, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

I guess it's the definition of 'close'. A lot of what I see from William and Harry seems to be out of choice and not obligation.

It would be very easy for William and Harry to be never seen together if that's what they wanted.

When I got married of course my priorities shifted but I was still 'close' to my siblings.

I think the bond they share over losing their mother at a young age goes a long way to defining their relationship.
Old 10-23-2016, 11:01 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
As I read through the recent posts in this thread, something occurred to me and it very well could ring true with inter familial relationships of the BRF.

I've been coming to TRF, for the most part, daily for over 8 years now. There are people here that I feel that I've come to "know" as we've exchanged information, ideas and points of view on so many things and have agreed and disagreed and laughed and made jokes. The list is endless. Yet, I have absolutely no clue really of anyone's private lives away from TRF.

This is how we see Harry. We see his involvement as a member of the BRF and his public role but there's a lot of the private life that just isn't our business.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:56 AM
Majesty

Lorraine Kelly claims Prince Harry is envious of William | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-23-2017, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^^

Lorraine Kelly: Kate, a royal with grace and charm, is quietly making a difference

Better to read the original

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/kate-a...-a-difference/
Old 02-23-2017, 08:29 AM
Heir Apparent

And Lorraine Kelly knows this how, exactly? I don't think Harry is jealous of anyone, a relative or anyone else, nor should he be.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I think this whole "how the Princes see one another" thing is completely exaggerated.
Most sibs I know honestly have things about one another that they admire and that they wish would disappear. It's the nature of being siblings.
But only small minds think that leads automatically to jealousy and loathing. Most of us, and from the way they act together, William and Harry, can see siblings objectively without an excessive emotional reaction. JMO
Old 02-23-2017, 08:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Silly article!

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-23-2017, 08:38 AM
Majesty

Leave it to the Fail to come up with such an eye catcher headline.

I don't think for one minute that Harry is "jealous" or "envious" of William's family life but rather sees it as a model of what he, himself, wants one day. The quiet stability, the intimate relationship of closeness between a husband and a wife and the pitter patter of crumb snatchers underfoot.

From what I've gathered over the years, I do think that William and Harry are close and I do think that Harry probably admires and gets along well with his sister-in-law and we all know how Harry is with kids. Harry has had the years of being the "party" prince and sometimes has been billed as the most eligible bachelor around. I think when people are young, grabbing life by the tail and exploring all the world has to offer starts taking a back seat as they mature and realize there's more to life than the next party. The question of "this is my life and what am I doing with it and where do I want to be with it" niggles in one's thoughts and its then that life gets a bit more serious.

The service in the Army, I think, made a drastic change in Harry especially serving over in Afghanistan. It was during this time that Harry realized that he had the perfect role to make a difference in lives of service personnel that were wounded or affected by serving their country. He has witnessed from the very start how William and Kate work seamlessly as a married couple yet they both remain as individuals with Kate gradually becoming more and more secure in her royal role.

Perhaps this influence set the light bulb off over Harry's head when he met Meghan and he figures perhaps that she is a woman that, I think, has a lot of the qualities Kate has may be just right for him and she would be a path forward to having what William has found in Kate. I don't know but I do think its a possibility. Time will tell if Meghan fits the mold of what Harry perceives as a happily married royal couple.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

I don't think Harry is envious of William's life, but he's once again seeing how maintaining a marriage and family life is very hard work. No fairytales here.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-23-2017, 09:44 AM
Majesty

The commentary at the bottom is even more hilarious than the article..ouch!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-23-2017, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
^^^^

Lorraine Kelly: Kate, a royal with grace and charm, is quietly making a difference

Better to read the original

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/kate-a...-a-difference/
Thank you for sharing the original article.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:21 AM
Commoner

Still working the sibling rivalry angle I see.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Thank you for sharing the original article.
Sometimes it really helps to see two articles about the same thing side by side and realize just how the original was pretty much upfront whereas the one grabbing the story will use sensationalism to draw in its readers. That's the hallmark of the Daily Fail. Sensationalism in its reporting.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:25 AM
Courtier

While wanting to get there at some point, and it's looking quite good just now(!) I doubt very much Harry would change his own life journey with William's.
A GF he would publicly ignore for the best part of a decade until he proposed?

Harry never held back media wise with his GFs and hoping this one is for keeps!
Old 02-26-2017, 09:30 AM
Majesty

To me, it didn't seem like Will was publicly ignoring Kate. The more I got to know about this couple, the more I think it had to do more with them preferring to keep the relationship private. What worked for them is that they kept it all private from the get go as much as they could. Harry is doing the same thing now and it'll serve them well in the future if the relationship progresses.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree Osipi that Harry and Meghan appear to be following William and Kate's example when it comes to their courtship.

Tags
prince harry, prince william, relationships