Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To tell you the truth I don't know much about the family and can't put a name to faces or people. I think all 3 of Samantha's kids should go, maybe a few of Tom Jr.'s as well as the uncle who got her the embassy job; and as I said earlier (maybe in another thread) I think Tom Jr. can come; he seems repentant (seems being the operative word) and he may be able to be reasoned with. Again I have not followed this much because I don't want to give these people any more attention, on the other hand that first letter was really horrible but maybe he can truly apologize to Meghan and explain himself.

Since you say don't know who these people are or what they have done, perhaps some reading would be helpful before suggesting they deserve to be invited.

I see a few press outlets referring to the Mahoney twins as fraternal. They seem identical to me!

According to Jessica's instagram, they were identified as fraternal at birth, but she had them tested again last July and the results came back as identical. So press outlets may be relying on old stories that refer to Ben and Jessica's "fraternal twins".

To tell you the truth I don't know much about the family and can't put a name to faces or people. I think all 3 of Samantha's kids should go, maybe a few of Tom Jr.'s as well as the uncle who got her the embassy job; and as I said earlier (maybe in another thread) I think Tom Jr. can come; he seems repentant (seems being the operative word) and he may be able to be reasoned with. Again I have not followed this much because I don't want to give these people any more attention, on the other hand that first letter was really horrible but maybe he can truly apologize to Meghan and explain himself.

Well Ashleigh and Christopher are 2 of Samantha's kids.

A few of Tom's kids?? He has two sons. Those are the same two sons who are currently in London with their mother, and who are selling their story to who ever will pay. And trying to be royal corespondents for the wedding.

Her Uncle that got her the job? He is the one who sold out his own brother.

You think Tom Jr who has continuously attacked his sister, even sending letters telling Harry not to marry her, should be invited :bang: But not her father who until recently has been quiet. And though the pictures weren't good, never sold out his daughter or spoke bad of her :ermm:

Doria has several some half siblings and a stepmother. Her side of the family has been quiet and we don't know if any of them have been invited.

Was the uncle who got her the Embassy job the same as the uncle who sold her dad's location in Mexico to the paparazzi?

Yes indeed. Would you invite him after knowing that? (No matter him pulling strings to give you a job twenty years ago?)

Uncle who is a Bishop-------does she even know him?

Tom Jr.? seriously? He hates her and has shown it time and again. [...] He has viciously attacked her in the press. The "apology" letter was just a pathetic excuse, last-minute desperate effort to get back in her graces.

Ashleigh and Christopher----Definitely. Not a peep to the press and she is close to them. Ashleigh is the inspiration for Rachel Zane. Noel----has defended Meghan and has all but disowned her Mother---but is sort of a loose cannon in regards to her her life---has ties to Alt right groups so maybe not.

The Dooleys? So they are pot farmers. And? Nothing illegal about that in the States. The BRF may disapprove, though. Also, they have not seen her in years. Plus one of the brothers has a husband. Can the BRF look pas that? Don't know. Their main fault seem to be to try to cash in on the publicity. Aside from they have been highly complimentary to Meghan.

The Raglands and Johnsons should come.

Last edited by a moderator:
...The Dooleys? Seem to be basically good people who just want to cash in on the publicity. Nothing against Meghan and have spoken highly of her. They have also all but disowned Junior. I personally see nothing wrong with pot farming but the conscious royals may disagree. :D OTOH, Most of them have not seen her in years. And also, some controversy MAY arise from the fact that one of the brothers has a HUSBAND. I'll leave that alone. Just saying.
Sir Elton John and David Furnish attended William and Catherine’s wedding as a couple (and looked quite stylish walking into the Abby together,) and more than likely they’ll attend Harry and Meghan’s wedding together as well, so not much controversy from that angle. Regarding the pot farming, Catherine’s Uncle was caught up in some drug scandal (and spoke a few times to the press to boot,) Tara Palmer-? had a history of drug issues yet was invited to W&C’s wedding. If the Dooleys were close to Meghan they would have been invited, I’m sure.
The Queen is paying for this wedding & the large reception for all afterwards, thus if she felt it important that her entire extended Royal family be invited they would have been.
We must remember that Harry and Meghan will have been allocated X number of invitations, Charles X number and the Queen X number - if it were important to the Queen to have more extended family present the number attending could have been as high as 800, they settled on 600, presumably after compiling the respective lists of those to be invited. We’ll know on Sat. who made the cut :)

Who would ever think that plastic flowers would be used at a Royal Wedding?
Who would ever think that silk flowers would be used at a Royal Wedding?
Do you believe that the flower girls will carry baskets that have some of the flowers that are the same as in the bridal bouquet?

At this point I am not sure what to believe about this wedding anymore.....yet plastic fake flowers really throws me and I am a strong flower girl, real flowers only please!?

Sir Elton John and David Furnish attended William and Catherine’s wedding as a couple (and looked quite stylish walking into the Abby together,) and more than likely they’ll attend Harry and Meghan’s wedding together as well, so not much controversy from that angle. Regarding the pot farming, Catherine’s Uncle was caught up in some drug scandal (and spoke a few times to the press to boot,) Tara Palmer-? had a history of drug issues yet was invited to W&C’s wedding. If the Dooleys were close to Meghan they would have been invited, I’m sure.
The Queen is paying for this wedding & the large reception for all afterwards, thus if she felt it important that her entire extended Royal family be invited they would have been.
We must remember that Harry and Meghan will have been allocated X number of invitations, Charles X number and the Queen X number - if it were important to the Queen to have more extended family present the number attending could have been as high as 800, they settled on 600, presumably after compiling the respective lists of those to be invited. We’ll know on Sat. who made the cut :)

True. Good post. Wonder who will play this time?

At this point I am not sure what to believe about this wedding anymore.....yet plastic fake flowers really throws me and I am a strong flower girl, real flowers only please!?

I read earlier on Twitter that the flowers won't be going into the Church until Friday. So not sure the flowers seen today were for their ceremony.

LaRae

:previous:
Thank you Pranter, I sure hope the flowers for the wedding are *real* not fake flowers for I would be so disappointed if they were fake......

Question here everyone...
What is the big issue with who goes to the wedding? After all it is Harry's and Meghan's wedding or is it someone else's......so what if some members are not invited to the wedding or not, that is up to the bride and groom on how they view their own relationship with some of them....just reading the drama of the siblings and their dad is stressful enough without who gets to go and who stays home or else they go out drinking beer somewhere........:lol:

I recall a story from after William's wedding where he said courtiers gave him a list of people that must be invited to his wedding. He went to the Queen and asked what to do, and her response was, "Bin the list." She told him to invite those that he and Kate wanted to invite.

Every wedding, royal or not, will probably have this sort of guest drama. I have quite of few stories of my own from the weddings I've attended.

There have been lots of unconventional royal brides/ grooms in recent times ( Mette-Marit, , Máxima, Letizia, Daniel, Sofia, Camilla, etc.), but I must confess I have never seen anything even remotely close to the drama and negativity surrounding this royal wedding. It is turning the British Royal Family into a laughing stock,.

I disagree; the only people who are IMO adding negative drama are certain Markle relatives; the BRF have done nothing wrong, nor has Meghan nor her mother, nor her friends.

10 such little attendants will need a few mothers close by! Except perhaps for Princess Charlotte who seems a very confident little soul.

On which time on Saturday will the title of Harry and Meghan be announced?

I wonder if KP will today also make further wedding announcements!

On which time on Saturday will the title of Harry and Meghan be announced?

I wonder if KP will today also make further wedding announcements!

It was announced at 8am the morning of the wedding for Prince William.

I thought it was announced on Twitter the evening before.

Last edited:
No, it was announced to coincide with the beginning of the TV coverage. I was hovering over the form to create the thread when it happened.

Last edited:
No, it was announced to coincide with the beginning of the TV coverage. I was hovering over the form to create the thread when it happened.

That is what I thought!

I posted that in response to a question on another thread and was "corrected" with a post about a tweet announcing William's title dated April 28th.

That is what I thought!

I posted that in response to a question on another thread and was "corrected" with a post about a tweet announcing William's title dated April 28th.

Oh y'all are correct. I thought the tweet said 11:59 AM Apr 28 My time (West Coast USA) but it was 11:59 PM my time. So 7:59 AM Apr 29 in UK. My bad!:D

That must have been where I read it. Strange!
Sorry! This is why I don't post much! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
No we aren't assuming he knows them at all. We have photos of them attending Christmas parties every year and on the balcony at Trooping. The Fail is suggesting that its not just the third cousins like Amelia, who weren't invited. But all the Gloucester and Kents, except the senior ones. That means Freddie and Ella who Harry grew up with at Kensington.

He certainly knows them more then many of the celebrities who have been invited. Who he may have met once or twice at charity events.

Celebrities are always invited to royal weddings. That said, usually so are the rest of the family.

100% spot on.

Well, the Palace rats are beginning to turn on each other...if what Kay is saying is true (and he still has *decent* contacts), this is very concerning. I am really worried this wedding will be a mess. I do not think the KP crew is skilled enough for this...

Royal wedding: Courtiers are whispering about the ‘Markle Debacle’… | Daily Mail Online
What a load of asinine drivel.

It seems to me that there are people that are just plain mean-minded and mean-spirited. Nothing makes them feel good because their life is spent dissecting every situation for the tiniest perceived fault and from that, they proceed to crush every sliver of joy for no other reason than they are generally dissatisfied with everything and everybody. Basically, they are sad, sorry, joyless gits who you have to feel sorry for.

The notion that KP or even CH or BP could have "controlled the situation" with the Markles in the US is a total nonsense. How, pray tell, could anyone have prevented what happened. The totally absurd notion that she should have invited her two half-siblings, people who really do hate her and whose aim has been, from day one, to derail the engagement, is a perfect example of nitpicking.

Most ordinary people can go through their entire life and not encounter real hatred such as that Tom Jnr and Samantha feel for Meghan. Things they have said to the media, the things they have done, had their genesis in the public announcement that they were dating. From that moment the hatred festered and they just kept pushing the envelope with the media wondering, just how awful they could be and get away with it. Turns out that hate turns people on.

I recall a story from after William's wedding where he said courtiers gave him a list of people that must be invited to his wedding. He went to the Queen and asked what to do, and her response was, "Bin the list." She told him to invite those that he and Kate wanted to invite.

Every wedding, royal or not, will probably have this sort of guest drama. I have quite of few stories of my own from the weddings I've attended.

The actual quote was "Get rid of it. Start with your friends and we'll add those we need to in due course."

What a load of asinine drivel.

It seems to me that there are people that are just plain mean-minded and mean-spirited. Nothing makes them feel good because their life is spent dissecting every situation for the tiniest perceived fault and from that, they proceed to crush every sliver of joy for no other reason than they are generally dissatisfied with everything and everybody. Basically, they are sad, sorry, joyless gits who you have to feel sorry for.

The notion that KP or even CH or BP could have "controlled the situation" with the Markles in the US is a total nonsense. How, pray tell, could anyone have prevented what happened. The totally absurd notion that she should have invited her two half-siblings, people who really do hate her and whose aim has been, from day one, to derail the engagement, is a perfect example of nitpicking.

Most ordinary people can go through their entire life and not encounter real hatred such as that Tom Jnr and Samantha feel for Meghan. Things they have said to the media, the things they have done, had their genesis in the public announcement that they were dating. From that moment the hatred festered and they just kept pushing the envelope with the media wondering, just how awful they could be and get away with it. Turns out that hate turns people on.

I completely agree with this.

We already have Samantha screaming that she has every right to speak, she's an American. And this is after she revealed, that KP has contacted the markles and politely asked them to not talk to the press, months ago. Imagine the drivel she would spout had they tried to force her in any way, or paid her off. The same Faily would be printing headlines what bullies KP are.

And what were they supposed to do about Mr Markle? Doria has bern supported from the start, and she's not suffering. Mr Markle was no doubt offered the same and more, but ge declined. Were KP supposed to camp outside his house and try to control him? That would've went over well. And about Harry not meeting Mr Markle. He has met Doria multiple times, they get on well. He obviously wanted to meet Mr Markle too, but Mr Markle has declined. Was Harry supposed to roll to his house with his security officers without the consent of Mr Markle and force a meeting?

Anyone saying that KP should've controlled these people should come up with one example how. And suggesting that Meghan should've invited them to the wedding is an absurd idea. They hate her, have trashed her horribly in public, yet Meghan should want them in her wedding.

I read earlier on Twitter that the flowers won't be going into the Church until Friday. So not sure the flowers seen today were for their ceremony.

LaRae

Could these artificial flowers be for one of the receptions, perhaps?

Can just envisage the atmosphere when Harry meets up with his cousins at TTC in a few weeks time. "Your wedding looked nice guys, we watched it on TV. Did the Beckhams and Elton have a nice time?" Just awful.

:previous: Oh good grief. Its like attributing the snubbed Markle attitude onto anyone not invited to the ceremony.

To be honest, I don't think those that weren't invited in spite of a minor bloodline connection would feel left out, snubbed, or anything other than happiness that the wedding did happen. Some people are just mature that way. ;)

It's now confirmed that Thomas Markle will not be attending.

From Meghan:
"Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding. I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health.
"I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support. Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday."

Last edited:
Beautifully stated and from Meghan herself. This woman has dignity, grace and class. :flowers:

I disagree; the only people who are IMO adding negative drama are certain Markle relatives; the BRF have done nothing wrong, nor has Meghan nor her mother, nor her friends.

10 such little attendants will need a few mothers close by! Except perhaps for Princess Charlotte who seems a very confident little soul.

Well, that is not the perception of the British press. The overall impression is that the whole wedding preparation is a mess and quickly descending into chaos, nevermind the Markles who are a continuous source of negativity. The whole debacle casts a shadow on Clarence House and Kensington Palace and on how they run things, compared to the smooth operation of Buckingham Palace as seen at William and Kate’s wedding.

Last edited:
Could these artificial flowers be for one of the receptions, perhaps?

Yesterday I saw pics that a friend took at a VERY nice wedding reception in a five-star hotel noted for doing weddings up right. The bride's family is wealthy. They incorporated artificial flowers into the soaring structural elements at the serving stations and dance floor and the fresh flowers were used for centerpieces and decor at the tables where guests were seated. This friend said the room looked glorious. The pictures I saw certainly did.

Just saying....its a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom