Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I for myself now want boring normal royal news, fashion, events, tours and maybe food and drink......being Harry is one of my very favorites for many years and seeing how happy and in love he is with Meghan who returns that love the same way......I am thrilled for them and heck I don't even know them. Yet I have watched over the decades how he was born and grew with growing pains that all of us have to become the wonderful strong intelligent young man today.......this wedding was the icing on the cake for me as his brother already has his bride, now it is Harry's turn.

I wish Harry and Meghan dozens of decades together filled with love and joy and babies...oh what beautiful babies they will have also....so let's get on with the wedding so that in the near future babies will be born to our hearts delight here....

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the Daily Mail. I read it for the pictures.

Royal wedding: Meghan Markle gives friends' children a starring role | Daily Mail Online

I mean this article is pretty ridiculous.

I thought more than once today, that it is time for a man to wrangle the herd of little people standing up at a Royal Family wedding.

I do think the very personal nature of the attendant choices delicious. I am still hoping for an adult wrangler, because I am pragmatic. And I think it would be hilarious to say the adult handling the attendant management issues at this wedding had a better bum than Harry does. I can dream. ;)

I thought more than once today, that it is time for a man to wrangle the herd of little people standing up at a Royal Family wedding.

I do think the very personal nature of the attendant choices delicious. I am still hoping for an adult wrangler, because I am pragmatic. And I think it would be hilarious to say the adult handling the attendant management issues at this wedding had a better bum than Harry does. I can dream. ;)

I would be shocked if they didn't have a dedicated child minder or three.

I vote for Lady Sarah’s son, Arthur Chatto, to tend to the kids.;)

Last edited:
It is exhausting. The rehearsal hopefully brings some pictures. Seeing Meghan and Doria check in will be great. Come Saturday I will be pumped. But right now? Ooof.

Our tv morning show says 3 spice girls are invited. Not Mel C or B.

I vote for Lady Sarah’s son, Arthur Chatto to tend to the kids.;)

If he is even invited to the wedding ! Haven’t we been told that second cousins don’t count ? Or is it just third cousins ?

Our tv morning show says 3 spice girls are invited. Not Mel C or B.

If it is true, it is disgusting. So the Spice Girls are invited, but King George V and Queen Mary’s great-great grandchildren are not ? Are we to assume that Harry has a close personal relationship with the Spice Girls , closer than with his third cousins ?

Last edited:
If it is true, it is disgusting. So the Spice Girls are invited, but King George V and Queen Mary’s great-great grandchildren are not ? Are we to assume that Harry has a close personal relationship with the Spice Girls , closet than with his third cousins ?

You are assuming he’s close to his third cousins at all.

You are assuming he’s close to his third cousins at all.

It has been pointed to you several times that he grew up with some of them as his neighbors and playmates, and that they meet regularly .

How often does he socialize with the Spice Girls or how long has he known them ?

There is still hope for Arthur Chatto though. After all, he is only a second cousin !

Last edited:
We don't know who is or isn't invited unless the person invited says they are or aren't. Unless I see a direct quote from an interview then it's just media trying to sell papers.

LaRae

It has been pointed to you several times that he grew up with some of them as his neighbors and playmates, and that they meet regularly .

How often does he socialize with the Spice Girls or how long has he known them ?

There is still hope for Arthur Chatto though. After all, he is only a second cousin !

It's clear that there is very little information that we do know who Harry is close to personally as shown by how long we had NO IDEA about this relationship. Just because someone is close when they are little, it doesn't mean they are close as adults as their lives change. I'd assume that HARRY knows better who he is close to than anyone on here does. I'd say, if he's close to them, he'll invite them, if he's not and doesn't see a reason to invite them, then don't. Who is ANYONE here to say it's disgusting they invite some, but not other? Or who they should be closer to? We only know that based on what we see. And yes, I'd assume that he's closer or have something in common that he shares with the Beckhams, whether it be socially or a cause, than third cousins if the Beckhams are invited, but not distant cousins. Because that is a legitimate basis to draw some conclusion. Does that make it 100% accurate, perhaps not, but it's a good indication.

To be clear, I have no issues with Harry being close or inviting his third cousins, or not. My point is to say it's disgusting that Beckhams are inviting while third cousins aren't because they share the same great great grandparents is what I don't agree with. We will see if they are actually invited at the wedding.

Last edited:
It's clear that there is very little information that we do know who Harry is close to personally as shown by how long we had NO IDEA about this relationship. Just because someone is close when they are little, it doesn't mean they are close as adults as their lives change. I'd assume that HARRY knows better who he is close to than anyone on here does. I'd say, if he's close to them, he'll invite them, if he's not and doesn't see a reason to invite them, then don't. Who is ANYONE here to say it's disgusting they invite some, but not other? Or who they should be closer to? We only know that based on what we see. And yes, I'd assume that he's closer or have something in common that he shares with the Beckhams, whether it be socially or a cause, than third cousins if the Beckhams are invited, but not distant cousins. Because that is a legitimate basis to draw some conclusion. Does that make it 100% accurate, perhaps not, but it's a good indication.

There are good reasons certain members of Meghan's family were not invited. I don't see lack of "personal " closeness a good reason to exclude members of the extended royal family. Kind of like if your parents are paying for your wedding you invite your dad's business partners or your mother's garden club.

Ok! Seriously people! We are the true royal watchers! We pay closer attention to the royals than most! Are we really going to believe the tabloids instead of waiting until Saturday and/or release of the guest list! We don't know who was invited!!!!

And to be honest...with 600 people, it is entirely possible that all of the royals including extended family have ben invited. And even if they aren't, then it was with the approval of the Queen and the Prince of Wales who are paying for the wedding.

Arthur Chatto

If he is even invited to the wedding ! Haven’t we been told that second cousins don’t count ? Or is it just third cousins ?

I don’t know. But Arthur is a really handsome guy; that’s why I’m recommending him!

I agree - I think we should just wait until Saturday. I have a feeling a lot of these "scoops" about certain royals being excluded are made up.

Before Thomas Sr and the rest of the Markles acted up, the press were desperate for something to print. So "so and so got snubbed!" articles were all the rage.

Well said Mbruno. For being such an 'inclusive' couple there seems to be a lot of exclusion going on. Spice Girls over your coworkers in the Royal Machine? I share your indignation.

There are good reasons certain members of Meghan's family were not invited. I don't see lack of "personal " closeness a good reason to exclude members of the extended royal family. Kind of like if your parents are paying for your wedding you invite your dad's business partners or your mother's garden club.

But if Charles or HMQ didn't see the need to add them on the list, why would Harry add them?[...] That was my point. I don't really care if they are there or not. :lol:

To be clear, I have no issues with Harry being close or inviting his third cousins, or not. My point is to say it's disgusting that Beckhams are inviting while third cousins aren't because they share the same great great grandparents is what I don't agree with. We will see if they are actually invited at the wedding.

That's a lot of close. ness. This seems to be your measuring stick, whatever your definition of closeness is. Others see it in more of a historical aspect and would like a little more respect for BRF tradition shown. Maybe a lot more.

After years of watching Harry with children and how much he just connects with them, I can't imagine his wedding without that element of cuteness overload and Harry and Meghan are not going to disappoint us.

Its a very well rounded selection of kids and I imagine they are going to have a blast with this wedding with absolutely no chance of putting any of them down for a nap. Can't wait for the pictures. :D

Who is the photographer for the Royal Wedding?

I thought it was the same Polish Prince who did their engagement photos?

That's a lot of close. ness. This seems to be your measuring stick, whatever your definition of closeness is. Others see it in more of a historical aspect and would like a little more respect for BRF tradition shown. Maybe a lot more.

It has been clear from the very beginning that this wedding is not an official event and it's about the couple, and not about what has to be done for royal weddings has many past royal weddings have been. And while the couple are allowed to be the primary decision makers, let's not act like Charles and the Queen don't have any say. It's clear based on the fact that the Queen did have to consult with the Government on the no official guest issue. Are we saying Charles and the Queen need to show a little more respect for BRF tradition?

Well, the Palace rats are beginning to turn on each other...if what Kay is saying is true (and he still has *decent* contacts), this is very concerning. I am really worried this wedding will be a mess. I do not think the KP crew is skilled enough for this...

Royal wedding: Courtiers are whispering about the ‘Markle Debacle’… | Daily Mail Online
Wait a minute! This man is contradicting himself and making absolutely no sense!!! Now do we really believe that Prince Harry is doing everything himself without input from the Queen and Prince of Wales and staff???!!!! Seriously?

And this is the same man who wrote about Meghan and Harry attending a Cbristmas party at Windsor and being introduced to the staff and workers who will work at their wedding...now he's claiming that the workers have never met Meghan??

Which of his lies are we to believe?

Who is the photographer for the Royal Wedding?

It was announced quite some time ago. It is the same photographer who did their engagement photographs.

https://ca.hellomagazine.com/royalt...han-markle-prince-harry-wedding-photographer/

Alexi Lubimorski is a Polish royal for all its worth. He was raised in Botswana so he has that link to the couple. He trained under Mario Testino before he went out on his own.

Are these Meghan's flowers?

Flowers leave royal florist Philippa Craddock's London depot | Daily Mail Online

Doubtful, though the colors certainly fit the likely scheme. They would have been more cautious about the flowers being seen IMO. And the DM says, and pictures show, the majority of the flowers are fake. Its not likely the royal wedding is using silk flowers.

Last edited:
But if Charles or HMQ didn't see the need to add them on the list, why would Harry add them? And why would be disgusting? That was my point. I don't really care if they are there or not. :lol:

If the Richard Kay article is to be believed, Buckingham Palace and Clarence House haven't been involved in any of the planing and have been kept in the dark about the arrangements. So if this is the case, then the Queen and Charles may not have known who was and wasn't on the guest list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom