Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the next time we see her will probably be at the lunch for the extended family at BP, I guess. I think it's on the 20th. Harry will probably drive them both in so we may see what she will be wearing, which will be good fun. I'm still looking forward to those official engagement photos though!

She's got a lot of work to do... guest lists, her gown, a rehearsal dinner gown/dress, a reception gown, shoes, accessories, florals for the wedding, royal lessons, protocol lessons, prep for her and Harry's tour of the UK, seeing family and friends in the US/Toronto before she becomes royal... it's a good thing she's already having her stuff moved for her...

Plus it's the holidays too.

It's in my nature to be a planner, so I would be freaking out right about now if I was Meghan. I consider 6 months to be almost no time at all to plan something this huge.

I actually just hyperventilated on Meghan's behalf.

Yes - she's got help, etc., but still - it's stressful. Plus she's moving at the same time, learning a whole new country... wow.

List maker and planner here! I've had my Christmas food list (things I'm making) done for a month and a list sitting waiting for the trip to the store!

I think that Meghan, knowing this is coming, already has lists and organized herself so she knows the stages. I'm guessing she is getting an assistant or still sharing Harry's.

She does her Yoga and evidently that helps her to destress and stay focused...and she's probably to busy for a meltdown! :D

LaRae

I'm still not convinced there will be a rehearsal dinner. It's just not something we do in the UK.

William didn’t have a rehearsal dinner. The Middletons were at The Goring. William and Harry at Clarence House. The Queen hosted the foreign royals at a party at a hotel planned by her cousin Lady Elizabeth Anson.

The palace staff handles elaborate state dinners and large garden parties multiple times a year. They are experts at it. Meghan isn’t doing everything herself. It’s basically I want this, this and this and it gets done.

May is a Spring month. Here are Springtime posy bouquets.

I'm still not convinced there will be a rehearsal dinner. It's just not something we do in the UK.

But she may want one. Perhaps some of her American friends will throw it. She will have a lot of out of town guests, actually the majority of her guests will be from out of town. Also Zara and Mike had a cocktail party held on a yacht the night before their wedding. So they may not call it a rehearsal dinner, but it's possible that they host something.

I believe the Queen hosted a ball at Buckingham Palace and there were fireworks the night before Charles married Diana (if I'm remembering right).

Perhaps not a rehearsal dinner per se, but some kind of a party or get together for people in town to celebrate the wedding. :D

But she may want one. Perhaps some of her American friends will throw it. She will have a lot of out of town guests, actually the majority of her guests will be from out of town. Also Zara and Mike had a cocktail party held on a yacht the night before their wedding. So they may not call it a rehearsal dinner, but it's possible that they host something.

I assume that she already had all she wanted for her first marriage. Best to stick to British (royal) tradition for this one.

Hosting 'something' is of course not excluded.

I think they’ll have something for their inner circle. I remember the fireworks for Charles and Diana and seeing pics of Zara and Mike on yacht.

There will likely be something the night before. Lindsay Jill Roth also married in England, and she had a rehearsal dinner the night before where Meghan attended as maid of honor. The bridal party will likely have some kind of girls night or girls trip beforehand.

I assume that she already had all she wanted for her first marriage. Best to stick to British (royal) tradition for this one.

Hosting 'something' is of course not excluded.

Except, there is no tradition barring it. And rehearsal dinner is for the bridal party and people that involved in the wedding to do a walk through as to what will happen next day, so that everyone knows what to expect. Not sure what does that have to do with it being her second marriage.

Last edited:
The bridal party will likely have some kind of girls night or girls trip beforehand.

That sounds like a hen party lol. Can you imagine Meghan and her girlfriends going round Brighton in matching pink t-shirts with 'Meghan's Hen Party' emblazoned on them, and Meghan with a party shop veil and L plates? (Sorry I'm just being silly. You probably have to be British to understand that!)

That scenario would very much describe an American bachelorette party. :D

That sounds like a hen party lol. Can you imagine Meghan and her girlfriends going round Brighton in matching pink t-shirts with 'Meghan's Hen Party' emblazoned on them, and Meghan with a party shop veil and L plates? (Sorry I'm just being silly. You probably have to be British to understand that!)

It is kind of like a hen party, but I imagine they’d be more discreet. :lol: I think they went to Greece or something in 2016 for Lindsay’s.

I can totally see a pre-wedding party, and of course there will be a rehearsal at St George's Chapel. So maybe they will call it a rehearsal dinner and she'll have a dress for that.

Has anyone heard any word yet on if Mr Markle is definitely walking his daughter down the aisle?

I can totally see a pre-wedding party, and of course there will be a rehearsal at St George's Chapel. So maybe they will call it a rehearsal dinner and she'll have a dress for that.

Has anyone heard any word yet on if Mr Markle is definitely walking his daughter down the aisle?

No and I've been kinda waiting to see if anything will be said about him doing that.

LaRae

I've pretty much thought it was an accepted fact that her father would walk her down the aisle for her wedding. As close as she is to her dad, I just can't imagine her having this grand, formal wedding without him.

I understand that she may want a pre-wedding event for her friends but it wont be at Windsor Castle. They are busy organising the wedding. This is why the Queen hosted the O/S Royals before Williams wedding at an hotel rather than in Buckingham Palace.

Nor do I think it will be the day before - I say that based on the fact the wedding is not in London but in Windsor. Still have no idea where she is marrying from but it wont be London but somewhere loca (even the castle itself).

So perhaps mid week in London before going to Windsor.

Rehearsals are interesting because the Cambridges wont be taking George out of school for rehearsals so expect to see them in Windsor the weekend before and Friday pm

I think if they are close enough for Harry to ask him for his blessing before proposing, then I think he’s likely going to be there to walk her down the aisle.

I understand that she may want a pre-wedding event for her friends but it wont be at Windsor Castle. They are busy organising the wedding. This is why the Queen hosted the O/S Royals before Williams wedding at an hotel rather than in Buckingham Palace.

Nor do I think it will be the day before - I say that based on the fact the wedding is not in London but in Windsor. Still have no idea where she is marrying from but it wont be London but somewhere loca (even the castle itself).

So perhaps mid week in London before going to Windsor.

Rehearsals are interesting because the Cambridges wont be taking George out of school for rehearsals so expect to see them in Windsor the weekend before and Friday pm
It doesn’t necessarily have to be at the location of the wedding for the whole thing. I was a bridesmaid at a wedding recently and we went through the process at a different location than the actual wedding. They would definitely be looking through the area to see where everything would be and go before hand, but I don’t see how that would get in the way of those working on the wedding.

And they wouldn’t necessarily need to take George and Charlotte out of school. They can have stand ins or just know that’s when the children will be walking in.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be at the location of the wedding for the whole thing. I was a bridesmaid at a wedding recently and we went through the process at a different location than the actual wedding. They would definitely be looking through the area to see where everything would be and go before hand, but I don’t see how that would get in the way of those working on the wedding.

And they wouldn’t necessarily need to take George and Charlotte out of school. They can have stand ins or just know that’s when the children will be walking in.

St George's isn't a basic church layout. You couldn't really rehearse anywhere else.

Have you seen the picture of Sophie and Edward rehearsing - she is in trousers with a sheet as a train. Terrific (sorry off topic)

How Sophie practiced with a train is the same way its reputed that Diana did also. With sheets. :D

St George's isn't a basic church layout. You couldn't really rehearse anywhere else.

Have you seen the picture of Sophie and Edward rehearsing - she is in trousers with a sheet as a train. Terrific (sorry off topic)

That’s why they have to walk through the church to see where to go. But the process of what comes first and second and after can be rehearsed else where. They can also set up seats for some members to sit where they would in the chapel.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. This (if televised) will be watched by millions all over the world. Timing is crucial - there is no way I would want to do this without rehearsals in the building. Not a problem for H - he just has to stand there but for Meghan and her father, and attendants - she will want it to be perfect.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. This (if televised) will be watched by millions all over the world. Timing is crucial - there is no way I would want to do this without rehearsals in the building. Not a problem for H - he just has to stand there but for Meghan and her father, and attendants - she will want it to be perfect.

Did Sophie do an entire rehearsal with all the attendants? This is hardly the first go around with weddings at St George’s.

Did Sophie do an entire rehearsal with all the attendants?

Sophie’s only attendants were four children and yes, from what I saw, she had rehearsals with them.

I’m also sure that royal weddings have more than one rehearsal and practice run. If nothing else the cameras would need to be set up and adjusted.

I can't imagine that for an event that will be televised the world over, there wouldn't be a rehearsal beforehand.

Meghan can practice at KP walking with sheets but absolutely a rehearsal!

I agree that they will have to practice at St George's. I think they will take the kids out of school. They are so young it is hardly at a crucial exam time or anything! Uncle Harry is getting hitched!

Meghan can practice at KP walking with sheets but absolutely a rehearsal!

In the privacy of home, why not practice in the actual dress? The sheets thing is only so nobody sees the bridal gown.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would definitely take the kids out of school! I would want them to be prepared as much as possible for this day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom