Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering that. Where will Mr. Markle stay? I’m surprised he wasn’t included in the press announcement. Perhaps a hotel of his own choice? Maybe with William and Harry? The man do need to get to know his son-in-law. We know Mr. Middleton stayed at the Goring Hotel with Catherine, Carole, Pippa and James.

Only certain people's accommodations are announced: basically, those for whom KP courts press attention on the drive to the wedding. If the plan is for Meghan's father to quietly drive to the castle complex after leaving his hotel through a back door then we'll never be told where he stays.

We wouldn’t have to guess where Mr. Markle will stay if they just had just mentioned his accommodations. He’s part of the wedding party after all.

I was just wondering that. Where will Mr. Markle stay? I’m surprised he wasn’t included in the press announcement. Perhaps a hotel of his own choice? Maybe with William and Harry? The man do need to get to know his son-in-law. We know Mr. Middleton stayed at the Goring Hotel with Catherine, Carole, Pippa and James.

Michael Middleton and Catherine's mother are married--Tom Markle Sr is no longer married to Meghan's mother and hasn't been for some time.

Michael Middleton and Catherine's mother are married--Tom Markle Sr is no longer married to Meghan's mother and hasn't been for some time.

I doubt that has anything to do with it. I'm sure Cliveden has enough rooms to accomodate. :lol:

We wouldn’t have to guess where Mr. Markle will stay if they just had just mentioned his accommodations. He’s part of the wedding party after all.

That's not true. We don't know where the rest of the wedding party is staying. Heck, we don't even know who they are yet. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
We don't need to know where Mr. Markle is staying. What has been released is to make public the information that is needed for press and photographers and onlookers to be able to be on hand and film and capture the way the bride and the groom get to the Castle and subsequently to the Chapel.

Its been understood that Mr. Markle would already be at the Chapel and ready to walk his daughter down the aisle once she arrives there. The focus for getting to the Castle will be on Meghan and Doria from one place and Harry and William from another.

Oh. If you all really want to know, there's a new development in the Tom Sr. photo story. As its off topic, I'm just going to suggest one do a google search and see what pops up. :D

The locations for both the bride and groom the night before the wedding look amazing although I felt sure they'd be a little closer to Windsor (and Windsor Castle itself for Harry) - but it's good news as there will be interesting coverage to watch as they travel to the wedding.

The suggestion that it will enable Harry & William to be seen along the Long Walk makes great sense. It also gives reasoning behind the stop at Windsor Castle to allow Doria to join the congregation before Meghan continues to the main entrance of the Chapel.

HARRY AND MEGHAN’S SECRET WEDDING WISH-LIST REVEALED
13 May 2018 19:23

So after personally selecting seven charities and advising wedding gifts to give them donations, it appears Prince Harry and Meghan will be getting some pressies after all.

The couple have a private wedding list for close friends and family, The Sunday Times has revealed.

With rumours the pair are house-hunting in the country to add to their two-bed home in Kensington Palace, it now seems they have decided how they might fill it.

The Royals have asked for presents to come from Soho House, the uber-trendy global chain of clubs and restaurants that looks to “create a comfortable home away from home.”

And so on the list we have a Luca green velvet double bedstead, retailing for the equivalent of AU$4,000, a vintage tray top brass oval bar cart ($2,300) or a backgammon roll ($330).

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...harry-meghan-live-coverage-blog-sunday-monday

As fun as it is to know lots of things about this wedding, where Mr. Markle stays is none of our business if he or KP don't feel like sharing that information. Especially if they're hoping to arrange things so he can move between hotel and whatever else he does during his visit quickly, with minimal media coverage aside from the ceremony itself.

Meghan's father is not going to the Royal Wedding.

Meghan Markle's father will not be walking her down the aisle Saturday ... he isn't going to the wedding at all because of the fallout over selling photos of himself ... TMZ has learned.

Thomas Markle tells TMZ, he meant no harm to Meghan or the Royal Family when he made a deal to allow a photo agency to take pics of him getting ready for the wedding. He says he had a reason and it was not principally about money.

Markle tells us over the last year he's been ambushed by paparazzi who have photographed him in the most unflattering circumstances ... buying beer, looking disheveled and reclusive. He's especially upset that they made him look like a lush. Thomas says he doesn't even drink beer ... he was buying it for the guards at the place where he lives.

He says since his daughter started dating Prince Harry he's been offered anywhere between $50,000 and $100k for interviews and he's turned all of them down.

Thomas says the paparazzi agency approached him, offered him money -- though nowhere near the reported $100k -- and he figured there was no harm in it and it would help recast his image.

He admits the pics look "stupid and hammy." He says he was just going along with the paparazzi agency, which he now deeply regrets.

And, Thomas says, he suffered a heart attack 6 days ago but checked himself out of the hospital so he could attend the wedding. He's now decided not to go because he doesn't want to embarrass the Royal Family or his daughter.

Meghan Markle's Father is Not Going to the Royal Wedding, Suffered Heart Attack | TMZ.com

This is a hot mess. I'm going to wait for KP. I find it highly unusual that if the decision has been made, KP is not the one announcing it rather he went to a place like TMZ. I don't know how much I believe the heart attack BS. If you had a heart attack, you simply don't travel overseas. Period. Not because of the mess created by the photo gate. You don't check yourself out of a hospital after a heart attack and expect to make it through a transatlantic flight alive.

This is the perfect example of digging the hole deeper. It's bad enough what happened, but publications have mostly moved on from it. The best thing would've just been to keep quiet and carry on. Now this is going to suck up more airtime.

Again, if he really talked to them. It just emphasize my point that it's not necessarily Meghan can't trust her father not to intentionally hurt her, but you simply can't trust people with bad judgment.

Last edited:

Maybe they don't want the Paparazzi's to know -

This is a hot mess. I'm going to wait for KP. I find it highly unusual that if the decision has been made, KP is not the one announcing it rather he went to a place like TMZ. I don't know how much I believe the heart attack BS. If you had a heart attack, you simply don't travel overseas. Period. Not because of the mess created by the photo gate.

This is the perfect example of digging the hole deeper. It's bad enough what happened, but publications have mostly moved on from it. The best thing would've just been to keep quiet and carry on. Now this is going to suck up more airtime.

He was probably disinvited.

Well this is turning into a train wreck... :ohmy:

I was going to hold off on commenting because I doubt TMZ's veracity but it seems other outlets have caught on and are carrying the story. Makes me think there's some truth to him not being there on Saturday, regardless of the reason.

Meghan Markle’s Dad Suffers Heart Attack, Not Attending Royal Wedding Amid Photo Controversy | Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, Thomas Markle : Just Jared

Meghan Markle’s Father Heart Attack & Will Miss Royal Wedding – Hollywood Life

Meghan Markle's Father Suffers Heart Attack, Not Attending Royal Wedding

Last edited:
The pap pics were a hot ass mess and I doubt Meghan has a great relationship with him, but good enough to want him to walk her down the aisle. Disinviting him seems strange to me. Not wanting to cause any embarrasment to the BRF? They've had enough of that themselves and they have little room to talk. Here is the man who once dressed as a Nazi and got pictured naked in Vegas marrying the daughter of a man who staged a few pics. What a shocker. They should be able to handle Meghan's father.

Kensington Palace better do some damage control.

The pap pics were a hot ass mess and I doubt Meghan has a great relationship with him, but good enough to want him to walk her down the aisle. Disinviting him seems strange to me. Not wanting to cause any embarrasment to the BRF? They've had enough of that themselves and they have little room to talk. Here is the man who once dressed as a Nazi and got pictured naked in Vegas marrying the daughter of a man who staged a few pics. What a shocker. They should be able to handle Meghan's father.

Kensington Palace better do some damage control.

This whole thing just doesn't make sense. This wouldn't just be over the photos. It's disappointing, but I think it is worth noting that he hasn't talked to the media about his daughter and her life.

And I just don't see KP sitting on this if the decision has been made. They'd want to get in front of the narrative. Everything about the wedding has been controlled in terms of what and when they are telling the media.

Honestly, if a father can't get his **** together the week of his daughter's wedding, especially when the entire world is watching, she's better off without him.

Last edited:
Meghan’s dad not being included in today’s press release is making sense now

:previous: That's what I thought too Rudolph. Makes the most sense.

Sigh. More and more sites have caught on.

It seems, heart attack or not, Thomas will not be there on Saturday. Poor Meghan...to have to worry about all this at the eleventh hour when she should be spending time with family and friends and introducing her fiance to her nearest and dearest. :sad:

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...mas-markle-im-not-going-to-the-royal-wedding/

https://www.elle.com/culture/celebr...as-is-rno-longer-going-to-the-wedding-report/

Meghan Markle's Father Will Not Attend Royal Wedding | PEOPLE.com

https://www.marieclaire.com/culture/a20685571/meghan-markle-father-not-attending-royal-wedding/

https://www.eonline.com/ca/news/935...skip-the-royal-wedding-amid-paparazzi-scandal

Meghan Markle's father says he will not attend the Royal Wedding | Daily Mail Online

Whoa, this is....not good.

If the poor guy did have a heart attack (which actually, the purchase of the Gas-X could tend to support since sometimes someone thinks they have heartburn but it's really a heart attack)I feel really sorry for him and for Meghan.

If true, it sounds a though he may have let the press get to him. If he wanted to back out, why on earth didn't he just let Meghan know and let KP handle it?

Good lord! When will this family stop embarrassing Meghan? Hasn’t she been through enough?

Do we think this came from Markle Sr or was he told he couldn’t attend from higher ups in the family?

I initially thought is said he was uninvited after photo gate scanning the report, but now reading it again, it seems like it's his decision?

If that's the case, he better understand that making this decision at this point pretty much means that he'll be out of his daughter's life for good.

Last edited:
I initially thought he was uninvited after photo gate, but now reading it again, it seems like it's his decision?

If that's the case, he better understand that he will never see his daughter in person again.

I feel for the man, I do not think he had any malicious intent. And it’s clear that he could not handle the pressure. I hope he takes the time to look after his health. But why in God’s name did he go to TMZ???? Why not let the Palace handle this? Had he learned nothing?

But I just know this isn’t a good look for Meghan. On other boards, they are already blaming her and claiming she doesn’t care about her father or his health. It’s not fair.

I can't imagine the Palace dis inviting him. The British stiff upper lip and get on with it attitude and all that.

I wonder if 1) Kensington Palace will confirm that he is not attending 2) Doria will walk Meghan down the aisle or 3) she will down the aisle by herself.

Goodness...if he did have a heart attack for real than I wish him a speedy recovery. If this is an attempt to avoid the world because of the pap pics than this will make the press even more interested in him once he returns to Mexico.

IMO just another example of why Harry was right in implying that Meghan has not had a real family other than her mother. You have Sam suggesting that she is to blame for the pap shoot with Dad....why would she think that was a good idea? And now she is implying that she can't come over because of her wheelchair. So apparently she is not going to be an adviser to a British show.

What a mess! I am not sure if its on purpose but their actions in the weeks up to her wedding are just horrible.

I feel for the man, I do not think he had any malicious intent. And it’s clear that he could not handle the pressure. I hope he takes the time to look after his health. But why in God’s name did he go to TMZ???? Why not let the Palace handle this? Had he learned nothing?

But I just know this isn’t a good look for Meghan. On other boards, they are already blaming her and claiming she doesn’t care about her father or his health. It’s not fair.

It's being reported that KP says no comment. Wonder if Meghan was even clued in on this.

Honestly, I don't feel bad for him because a lot of this had to do with his own bad judgment. I still think that the photo gate itself is forgivable, albeit stupid. I did sympathize with the fact that he is a private man who clearly chose to lead a very private and simple life, and all of sudden that's gone. But this latest decision is simply unforgivable.

He certainly won't have been uninvited 'by the Palace'.. He is Ms Markle's father for Heavens sake, and they wouldn't behave toward HER in such a manner..

IF he doesn't attend it is either HIS decision, or his daughter's..

I really feel for Meghan. During a week where she is supposed to be celebrating, she has to deal with this mess.

And I'm sorry but I don't buy her dad's excuse about how he felt there was no harm in working with the paps. KP went to bat for him and asked that the media leave him alone and he's out here making money off of pap photos. Such a deep betrayal.

I hope Doria walks Meghan down the aisle.

I really, truly cannot believe the Markles. They have done everything in their admittedly limited power to embarrass Meghan, intentionally and perhaps, not so intentionally but embarrass her they have.

Does this mean she walks down the aisle alone? As modern as some of the details of this wedding will be, I don't see a Royal bride being walked down the aisle by her mother anytime soon.

Last edited:
He certainly won't have been uninvited 'by the Palace'.. He is Ms Markle's father for Heavens sake, and they wouldn't behave toward HER in such a manner..

IF he doesn't attend it is either HIS decision, or his daughter's..

It's looking more and more like his decision. Meghan would not do this without a warning to KP staff. Emily Andrews is reporting that there has been no comment when reached for comment and it's a shock to them.

Does this mean she walks down the aisle alone? As modern as some of the details of this wedding will be, I don't see a Royal bride being walked down the aisle by her mother anytime soon.

I'm sure she can have someone she's close to to do the honors if she wanted. Unlike some of her family, most of her friends seem to have good judgment and doesn't go embarrass her on the world stage.

IMO just another example of why Harry was right in implying that Meghan has not had a real family other than her mother. [ /QUOTE]

I was just about the write the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom