Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
Welcome to the Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Wedding Suggestions and Musings thread.

You may use this thread to discuss a variety of things that relate to the wedding: possible location of the wedding, the music, attendants, guests, etc.

There are separate threads to discuss the wedding dress and the wedding jewelry and tiaras.

A separate 'Official Wedding Information' thread will be opened when a date is set and the Palace starts releasing official news.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the British Forum moderators and/or TRF administrators.

Last edited:
I guess they will marry in May at Westminster Abbey. The Duke of Cambridge will act as Harrys best man and Prince George and Princess Charlotte are page boy and flower girl.

The Queen will create them as TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Earl and Countess of Menteith and Baron and Baroness X.

The reception will take place at Buckingham Palace.

I think we should know soon (week or two?) when and where.

I am pulling for The Abbey!

I'd like to see Clarence or something other than 'ex' in the title.

LaRae

Judging by PoW’s announcement, St. George is a real possibility. If that’s the case, the only thing I’d be disappointed about is the balcony kiss.

Please let it not be too non traditional. I want creamy gown, a tiara, bells, small bridesmaids and pageboys, Harry in his uniform....!

I really hope they marry at St George's Chapel as it is much more intimate. I feel Harry will follow in his uncle Edward's footsteps and be much more private with his life. Harry's children will not be Prince or Princess due to current Letter's Patent and I sincerely hope they do not change those to include Harry's children. Many other Monarchies limit the HRH style to the eldest children of the Heir Apparent and the rest are HH or not titled at all. I think this is the way forward.

In terms of attendants George and Charlotte are a given. Does Harry have any godchildren? I can see Savannah or Isla Phillips or Mia Tindall being chosen as they are the only "little girls" within the family and they always seem to have a family member or two in the mix. James, Viscount Severn will be 10 at the time so perhaps he's a bit "too old" to be chosen, which is why I think godchildren, if Harry has any, will be chosen.

Edit: I have just googled and I know Tiggy Legge Bourke's son Fred is one of Harry's godchildren but I believe he is about 15/16 so I might not count him as being chosen.

Last edited:
Please let it not be too non traditional. I want creamy gown, a tiara, bells, small bridesmaids and pageboys, Harry in his uniform....!

You will get everything, I am sure :flowers::flowers::flowers:.
And as a Bonus: George and Charlotte again as Bridesmaid and Pageboy
BYe Bine

Isn't the little Meade boy Harry's godson?

LaRae

Isn't the little Meade boy Harry's godson?

LaRae

After some googling I have ascertained he has "5 or 6" godchildren as per Harry in April 2017. I imagine some of them are small enough to be included. One of them is 5 year old Jasper George Galloway Dyer, the son of Prince Charles' former equerry Captain Mark William Galloway Dyer.

Last edited:
Rumours has it the marriage could take place before Kate gives birth but I think that a late May/early June wedding os more likely...

Well the announcement said Spring. May/June are not Spring...maybe May..early May.

LaRae

Rumours has it the marriage could take place before Kate gives birth but I think that a late May/early June wedding os more likely...

I don't think it will be early June with Trooping the Colour being on June 9th.

There are few dates in June we can rule out:

9th - Trooping the Colour
18th - Order of the Garter
19th - Anniversary of Edward and Sophie (I can't see the Windsor's using the same wedding dates as other family members as there are so many other dates available.)
19th-23rd - Royal Ascot.

So they could do it the week before Trooping the Colour. I imagine it will take place on a Saturday as this wedding is unlikely to be a Bank Holiday. They could do 2nd June or 16th June if it's on a Saturday.

Last edited:
My guess is : Royal wedding its also Westminster Abbey.
Prince William, Harry's best man. Prince George & Princess Charlotte are page boy and flower girl.
Wedding date : 05 or 12 May 2018

I am going with mid-late May. I personally think Kate is really due mid-late March. The palace always gives slightly off due month information to stem some of the media frenzy. May gives Kate time to recover and rest up.

There are few dates in June we can rule out:

9th - Trooping the Colour
18th - Order of the Garter
19th - Anniversary of Edward and Sophie (I can't see the Windsor's using the same wedding dates as other family members as there are so many other dates available.)
19th-23rd - Royal Ascot.

So they could do it the week before Trooping the Colour. I imagine it will take place on a Saturday as this wedding is unlikely to be a Bank Holiday. They could do 2nd June or 16th June if it's on a Saturday.
I believe May 28th is already a bank holiday. Could be that weekend.

After some googling I have ascertained he has "5 or 6" godchildren as per Harry in April 2017. I imagine some of them are small enough to be included. One of them is 5 year old Jasper George Galloway Dyer, the son of Prince Charles' former equerry Captain Mark William Galloway Dyer.

I’d be very surprised if Ivy Mulroney isn’t part of the wedding party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm well they know the due date for Kate....so I'm going to say late April or early May.

LaRae

I am going with mid-late May. I personally think Kate is really due mid-late March. The palace always gives slightly off due month information to stem some of the media frenzy. May gives Kate time to recover and rest up.

I don't think they give a slightly off info. I think she tend tends to carry her children a few days over the expected date.

For George it was said in the press he was due mid-July and he came July 22nd. Charlotte was late April and she arrived May 2nd. Each time a few days off, and each time later then expected. So following this pattern C3 will arrive in April unless he/she is expected in late April, then he/she might arrive early May.

I think we should know soon (week or two?) when and where.

I am pulling for The Abbey!

I'd like to see Clarence or something other than 'ex' in the title.

LaRae

Because of the continuing speculation Clarence will never be used again .

Meghan also has 2 god children and then there is the Mulroney kids as far as child attendants go .As far as adults on her side she was the MOH at her college BFF's wedding and then there is her niece who she is super close to .

Interesting that Windsor castle is closed completely to the public on April 20 and that the state apts are closed from tours on April 19th and 21st. One of the many articles this weekend mentioned this and I thought could possibly be very telling

Interesting that Windsor castle is closed completely to the public on April 20 and that the state apts are closed from tours on April 19th and 21st. One of the many articles this weekend mentioned this and I thought could possibly be very telling

That is interesting and it makes me think that weekend is the one of choice then. That could also be closed though as that is the Queen's birthday weekend.

That is interesting and it makes me think that weekend is the one of choice then. That could also be closed though as that is the Queen's birthday weekend.

I reckon it will be on April. They will want to avoid May as the Cambridge’s did.

“Marry in May and rue the day” is an old saying. The Church also does not tend to like weddings in Lent.

St. George's for the win! (and for the ease of Her Majesty and HRH Phillip)

Tiaras AND Tindalls, please!

so excited----and visiting with all of you is such good fun:flowers:

I reckon it will be on April. They will want to avoid May as the Cambridge’s did.

“Marry in May and rue the day” is an old saying. The Church also does not tend to like weddings in Lent.

There is absolutely no reason to avoid May as a month. Other royal couples have been married in May.

As regards to April, the Commonwealth Games are in April next year in Australia. They run from 5th - 15th April so I would rule out any dates around then. Charles and Camilla are attending the games as is Edward.

My bet is on May for the wedding, with a very offside chance of really late April or early June. I was married in May over 30 years ago--it is a good month for a wedding.

Lent 2018 is over March 31, so no worries for May from the Church.

Aides say it will be a ‘happy church wedding’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom