Harry and Meghan: Wedding Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't there a thread for the discussion of Meghan's possible wedding dress? Not complaining but discussing a possible dress and the style and the material isn't on my top ten list of things I like to talk and read about. Wedding details yes. Will Meghan and Harry travel and put her bouquet on the Grave of the Unknown Soldier? I'd really love to see them do that.
If I'm not mistaken, the Grave of the Unknown Soldier is at WA? If that's the case, that's out of question here.

If I'm not mistaken, the Grave of the Unknown Soldier is at WA? If that's the case, that's out of question here.

It is. Which is why Osipi included the 'travel to' comment. It couldn't be part of the actual ceremony but they could take the boquet after. But that seems unlikely to me. Unless they are delaying their honeymoon, or taking off for it from London and decide to make a stop there on the way.

I know its pretty improbable as the wedding isn't at Westminster Abbey but with as much dedication and focus that Harry has in helping and supporting veterans, I thought it might be something that would mean something to him and to Meghan.

I know its pretty improbable as the wedding isn't at Westminster Abbey but with as much dedication and focus that Harry has in helping and supporting veterans, I thought it might be something that would mean something to him and to Meghan.

Honestly, I don't see an out of the way trip to WA for this. He still supports the veterans and it's still important to him. But for one day, his mind should entirely be on himself and his bride. I'm sure that would been something that'd be included had the wedding by at WA. But I find it quite unnecessary seeing how it's at Windsor.

I think Harry will find other ways to include the military in his wedding. I wouldn't be surprised if they did a wedding fund like William instead of gifts, and veterans were the main focus of those chosen. Both Harry and Meghan are very dedicated to their work, and it seems like something they would do.

But to make the trip to London, even the day after the wedding, and lay the flowers isn't a simple matter. Security and such, and there would likely be some call for it to be shot if the public knew.

Okies... scratch that idea. I do like the idea of Harry and Meghan setting up a donation fund in lieu of gifts like William and Kate did. That way, not only is their day special to them, to their families and friends and to us, the general public but a lot of people will be helped by donations to the charities that they pick. So many people send gifts and cards, if that was all turned into donations, it would be great.

I have a feeling that the military will figure prominently among Harry's guests too, friends from his army days, from Walking with the Wounded, and Invictus.

What do you think will be a possible honeymoon spot? Somewhere warm and sultry like the Caribbean, the Cocos Islands which Meghan once praised, the Greek Islands or somewhere completely different?

I have a feeling that the military will figure prominently among Harry's guests too, friends from his army days, from Walking with the Wounded, and Invictus.

What do you think will be a possible honeymoon spot? Somewhere warm and sultry like the Caribbean, the Cocos Islands which Meghan once praised, the Greek Islands or somewhere completely different?

I think they might go somewhere close for a few days, and then do a longer honeymoon later. We have to remember that there are a lot of royal family events coming up with Ascot and Trooping. Granted, he doesn't attend every Ascot, but they might decide to wait. Plus, there is the immigration issue. She can apply for the LLR as soon as they get married, but I don't know if she can be out of the country while it's processing.

Ah, interesting, jacqui. I must admit, I forgot about the visa issue. Harry has friends down in Cornwall. A few days sailing down there might be an option.

Or the peace and quite and privacy of Balmoral. Its just my guess but I think no matter where they go be it Balmoral, Cornwall or just back to Nottingham Cottage, as long as they're together, they won't care. ;)

I think they might go somewhere close for a few days, and then do a longer honeymoon later. We have to remember that there are a lot of royal family events coming up with Ascot and Trooping. Granted, he doesn't attend every Ascot, but they might decide to wait. Plus, there is the immigration issue. She can apply for the LLR as soon as they get married, but I don't know if she can be out of the country while it's processing.

She wont be applying for the ILR for some time to come. She applies for a marriage visa after the wedding. This is good for 60 months, if a renewal is performed at 33 months. She cant apply for the ILR until after this process.

But yes, they do have to wait until the paper work is finalized. Since she would be applying in country, they can use premium application process. The process can be completed, and your receive your biometric ID in ten days. But that will not leave time before all the June events really.

I could see a honeymoon in the UK, even up at Balmoral or such. And then in July when most of the royals are off on holidays, a real honeymoon.

Ah, interesting, jacqui. I must admit, I forgot about the visa issue. Harry has friends down in Cornwall. A few days sailing down there might be an option.

I went to Cornwall for the first time in the fall when I was back on UK desk and it was absolutely amazing. I fell in love!

I am also a fan of them going somewhere in the UK just to promote a UK locale.

But to make the trip to London, even the day after the wedding, and lay the flowers isn't a simple matter. Security and such, and there would likely be some call for it to be shot if the public knew.

I agree it’s unlikely they’ll go in person but the bouquet will certainly be taken and placed on the tomb on Meghan’s behalf. This happened with Diana’s bouquet and with Sophie’s even though they didn’t marry in the Abbey. [emoji5]

They need the bouquet for the photos. The Queen Mum laid her bouquet on the grave spontaneously. Everyone else’s bouquet is brought over the next day. They don’t do it themselves.

The Channel Islands, particularly the less populated ones like Herm and Sark, would make a nice honeymoon location, and do not count as outside the UK for immigration purposes. Or the lesser populated Isles of Scilly like Bryer. Or the Scottish Islands.

The Channel Islands, particularly the less populated ones like Herm and Sark, would make a nice honeymoon location, and do not count as outside the UK for immigration purposes. Or the lesser populated Isles of Scilly like Bryer. Or the Scottish Islands.

They could do the Isle of Scilly very easily. They could stay at Tamarisk House, on St Mary's in the Isles of Scilly which is a residence that the Duchy of Cornwall (Charles) owns. :D

I also think they will likely stick around immediately after the wedding but then head out for an extended honeymoon in July when the schedule is clear.

What about Necker..isn't that private island owned by Branson?

LaRae

That occured to me too. Necker is a beautiful spot to head to but perhaps for a extended honeymoon after all the official festivities of June are over with. I think they'll stay close by right after the wedding and remain within the UK.

They could also go back to Norway but perhaps that was something best done during the deep, dark winter months. Or really, anywhere in the world that strikes their fancy. Africa even. :D

What about Necker..isn't that private island owned by Branson?

LaRae

I don't know how far they've gotten with reconstruction after the hurricanes. That was one of the places that was hit in September.

Last edited:
I don't know how far they've gotten with reconstruction after the hurricanes. That was one of the places that was hit in September.

I knew it was but I figured with Branson's money etc it would be well on the way..but maybe not.

They could always go back to Africa or Norway even! Maybe back to Botswana ..July would be around the time they took that first trip together...hmmmm.

LaRae

Good grief the CofE has no such stipulation, and they can walk down together as a couple if they want. The Church of England is really not that severe.

Princess Squirrel, Thank you for the clarification. I am not familiar with the wedding service of the Anglican Church.

Please note that posts regarding the Obamas, Trumps, or Kardashians being invited to the wedding have been deleted as speculative.

Any and all subsequent posts will be deleted without notice.

Any questions should be directed to a member of the BRF moderation team.

I have seen some people in the Tumblr royal fandom hoping that Harry will wear his dress summer whites (Army) uniform for the wedding. I did think this was possible, given the time frame, however with his appointment in succession of Prince Philip as Captain-General of the Royal Marines, I am wondering if that will be the thing to wear.

I'm glad to see Harry take that position, but I was hoping that LT Gen James Bucknall would step down as Colonel of the Coldstream Guards, thus making way for Harry to take a place alongside his brother in the Foot Guards! :sad:

I have seen some people in the Tumblr royal fandom hoping that Harry will wear his dress summer whites (Army) uniform for the wedding.

I don't think they ever wear that in Britain, just overseas.

I have seen some people in the Tumblr royal fandom hoping that Harry will wear his dress summer whites (Army) uniform for the wedding. I did think this was possible, given the time frame, however with his appointment in succession of Prince Philip as Captain-General of the Royal Marines, I am wondering if that will be the thing to wear.

I'm glad to see Harry take that position, but I was hoping that LT Gen James Bucknall would step down as Colonel of the Coldstream Guards, thus making way for Harry to take a place alongside his brother in the Foot Guards! :sad:

Harry will be in his marines uniform. They traditionally wear the uniform of their most senior position.

The coldstream guards already have a royal colonel in chief, the queen. Bucknall is simply the regiment colonel. There is no need for Bucknall to step down from his post simply to allow Harry to have a roll. He earned the honor.

I have no freakin' clue about uniforms and ranks, so can someone post a picture of the uniform that Harry will wear on his wedding day?

I only hope it isn't red like William's (or Cpt. Mark Phillips's, for that matter) :bang:

The Royal Marines dress uniform is based on the Army's, so it wouldn't be a big change from the one we're used to seeing him in. It would just have a mostly white cap and it wouldn't have the red and gold cross-belt from the left shoulder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom