Harry and Meghan: Royal Wedding Miscellanea

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol::lol:That looks like an half unfinished space ship almost ready to take off.....what are they thinking......?

Yes, the Queen's holiday at Balmoral is inviolate! I think the family automatically crosses out August and September for weddings.

Take a look at what NBC and the Today Show have built on top of a hotel in Windsor in order to get good views of the carriage ride on the 19th!

Uh, did they build a football stand outside of Windsor Castle?

So much for the 'but no one's even going to be interested' detractors. :D

:previous::lol::lol:
And we heard how this wedding being small and Harry is not close to the throne that hardly anyone will watch it..........????

I live in Windsor and the excitement is seriously building for the wedding this Saturday. One of my local pubs has even changed it's name to The Prince Harry!

All of the attention on my home town has made me feel quite proud, so I put together a little video about the beauty of the area. Including the best things to see if you visit (the beer from our local brewery is particularly good):

I hope you enjoy. Who's coming to Windsor this weekend?

Great video. Windsor is now on my “must visit” places when we travel to London.

Lucky Lucky you to live in such beautiful place and the right place to be on the 19th .... I can't wait

It's times like this when I do feel very lucky!

What an extremely thoughtful and wonderful thing to do for us here, If I could I would buy you dinner and a pint.......Thank you so much! Wow, makes me want to visit Windsor soon, what a beautiful place to live in.:flowers:

Thanks so much! I hope you do visit Windsor soon :flowers:

Great video. Windsor is now on my “must visit” places when we travel to London.

Thank you! It is very easy to do a day trip from London. All of the main sights are very close together

Last edited by a moderator:

200 Amalfi lemons
500 organic eggs from Suffolk
20kgs of butter
20kgs of flour
20kgs of sugar
10 bottles of Sandringham Elderflower Cordial

That is one massive cake. I'm curious... can a cake that is heavily soaked be stacked many layers high? Maybe a seasoned baker here can tell me.

There are techniques to help support the cake--dowels that can be run down into the cake and on which invisible platforms can rest--but that's one of the reasons fruitcake, which has a lot more substance than any kind of sponge cake--has been a traditional choice. It holds up much better to being tiered.

I'm sure the baker has done this before, but personally, I'd be apprehensive.

200 Amalfi lemons
500 organic eggs from Suffolk
20kgs of butter
20kgs of flour
20kgs of sugar
10 bottles of Sandringham Elderflower Cordial

That is one massive cake. I'm curious... can a cake that is heavily soaked be stacked many layers high? Maybe a seasoned baker here can tell me.

I read the recipe this morning! It sounds DELICIOUS. Love the elderflower touch - from the Queen's garden!

I just don't see the resemblance - other than the hair. Her mouth, eyes and nose are different. Her skin tone is off and her face shape doesn't match. There are better Meghan Markle look-a-likes. She's not it. Sorry.
I don’t understand, I also don’t think they lookalike in any way whatsoever.

At least I’m not the only one who doesn’t see it haha!

I live in Windsor and the excitement is seriously building for the wedding this Saturday. One of my local pubs has even changed it's name to The Prince Harry!

All of the attention on my home town has made me feel quite proud, so I put together a little video about the beauty of the area. Including the best things to see if you visit (the beer from our local brewery is particularly good):

I hope you enjoy. Who's coming to Windsor this weekend?

Woow it looks lush! Great video. I wish I could visit - I've never been. One day :)

I read the recipe this morning! It sounds DELICIOUS. Love the elderflower touch - from the Queen's garden!

When using softer cakes most bakers use support rods to help hold the cake up and in place.

LaRae

Last edited:
Ratings for the royal wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex were lower than those for the marriage of Harry's uncle, Prince Edward - whose wedding in June 1999 to Sophie, Countess of Wessex enjoyed a combined BBC One/ITV audience of 14.8 million.

Harry also failed to pull in as many viewers as his brother William. A combined audience of 11.5 million people watched Harry and Meghan tie the knot on May 19 this year - 8.9 million on BBC One and 2.6 million on ITV.

But 17.6 million tuned in for the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in April 2011 - 13.6 million on BBC One plus 4 million on ITV - meaning the combined audience for Harry's wedding was 35 per cent down on the equivalent figure for his brother.

The new figures - published by the Broadcasters' Audience Research Board - include those who recorded the wedding and watched it up to seven days later.
Read more: Royal ratings shock as more people watched Prince Edward get married than Harry and Meghan

Let's not forget that media consumption changed considerably over the last 7 years and it is outright incomparable to 20 years ago. In comparison, streaming views were recorded to be massive across all platforms - as is the case with any other TV program scheduled today.

[URL="https://tbivision.com/2018/05/24/youtube-reveals-royal-wedding-streams-reached-11-2-million/"]https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2018/05/22/bbc-breaks-online-records-with-royal-wedding/[/URL]

Good point. It's hard to compare this royal weddings with previous ones, since the ways in which people view such things has changed. For example, Charles and Diana's wedding had very high ratings, but VCRs were not popular back then, so if you wanted to watch the ceremony, you'd have to tune in to see it. Streaming services are bigger now than in 2011, so more people might view online than would even record and watch later.

Comparisons are really apples and oranges.

In the times of Diana and Charles' wedding, you either watched it or you missed it. If I'm remembering right, in 1981, I still only had the basic channels on my TV that were free. Cable TV was just starting to take off with CNN debuting in 1980 but that access, like having a VCR was not a staple found in everyone's homes. Families still gathered together to watch a program on the home's one television set.

We are no longer glued to tuning in via our TV to watch a royal wedding. Its continuously streaming now in many, many places and people watched the wedding live on buses, in parks or wherever they happened to be at the time. They have the option of watching parts of the wedding over and over again at the whim of their fancy or even flash back to Charles and Diana's wedding of 1981 in full scope via YouTube.

Let's not forget that media consumption changed considerably over the last 7 years and it is outright incomparable to 20 years ago. In comparison, streaming views were recorded to be massive across all platforms - as is the case with any other TV program scheduled today.

[URL="https://tbivision.com/2018/05/24/youtube-reveals-royal-wedding-streams-reached-11-2-million/"]https://www.digitaltveurope.com/2018/05/22/bbc-breaks-online-records-with-royal-wedding/[/URL]

Also, I am sure many people recorded it, like I did. That way, I could fast forward through the commercials and some of the commentary.

Were there any reporters from Majesty Magazine to cover the Royal Wedding?

Yea, technology has definitely changed a lot in 7 years. :lol: I can't remember how good was streaming 7 years ago, or how widely available it was 7 years, but I do know technology wasn't quite ready or as advance as it is today. Bandwidth was always a problem. In today's world, a lot of people (me included) don't even have cable anymore. Just Smart TV. Why deal with the hassle of commercials and fight over the remote control?

However, I know that even with the reliability of today's technology, Sky New Live went down both at the beginning of the wedding coverage and when they came out for the photocall when the engagement was announced.

Last edited:
Thank you Chloep. Sorry for the mistake, I was thinking of KP at the time! I'm having a debate with someone at the moment. Is there a link to the figures for the YT viewing at all, anywhere?

Were there any reporters from Majesty Magazine to cover the Royal Wedding?

Yes, Ingrid Seward covered the wedding on CBS News with Gayle King, Kevin Frazier, Tina Brown and a few other people.

Last edited:
I was trying to figure out why the BARB numbers were so different from the numbers of viewers last week, but it turns out that the BARB numbers are ONLY from ITV and BBC, not inclusive of the 24 hour news channels like Sky, for example. So MORE people did watch Harry and Meghan in the UK, but less on the traditional channels of BBC/ITV than Edward and Sophie.

Moreover, in general the share of TV versus streaming has changed dramatically since 2011. Deadline reported that they expect when all is said and done that it is likely that more folks probably watched Harry and Meghan worldwide than Will/Kate, less to do with more or less popularity and more to do with the availability of streaming and online viewing platforms (youtube, twitter, FB) than 7 years ago. Now, whether that means the UK numbers are the same or not is different.

I think not having a bank holiday, William being the heir and his being the first BIG BRF wedding since Andrew and Sarah (I don't know which wedding was bigger in terms of attendees or whatever, but I am assuming William's) meant that of course his wedding would have more viewers in the UK. But I do think internationally there was more interest in many quarters in the Sussex wedding.

Further, I mean to get 100k plus people to Windsor isn't easy and the police stated that they would cap people coming into Windsor after 100k anyway. Windsor could barely handle that crowd as it was. I am not sure why people are comparing the reported 800k-1million in London for the Cambridge wedding to the Sussex wedding. I think a wedding in London for Harry would have generated the same number of people as William's simply because any excuse to party and have fun, but no way could you get anywhere near that in Windsor.

Last edited:
Anderson Cooper was on Live with Kelly and Ryan talking about covering the royal wedding and how apparently he and Harry shared a moment as the carriage went past the CNN tent. I've never seen Anderson Cooper loose his cool like this. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom