Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
Welcome to the Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings thread

This thread has been created to discuss Harry and Meghan's relationship. Before we begin, the moderators would like to lay out a few ground rules for the thread.

• Please be mindful of the type of articles you are linking to and posting. As was stated before, Tumblr is not a valid source. Nor is the gossip you heard from a friend. The moderators will delete posts containing unsubstantiated hearsay and gossip.
  • Posts that are made or are deemed to have been made with the intentions to incite arguments, may/will be deleted without notice. As will posts that simply repeat the same negative opinion over and over (without participating in the discussion) and posts that do not comply with the royal forums rules on race, politics and religion - we will absolutely not tolerate racist remarks.

• This is a discussion forum, so there will be a variety of opinions. Some of those opinions you will agree with and some you will not. No matter how you feel, please remember to be respectful of one another. You can disagree without resorting to personal attacks. If you feel that a post is violating the forum rules, please report it instead of disrupting the thread.

The next week or two is going to be a bit full on for both Harry and William in light of their Mother's 20th Anniversary so hoping Harry and Meghan are together and under wraps from the paps!

Yes, I hope they're enjoying themselves somewhere warm! Harry at least should be back in the UK by the end of the week, to be with his brother for the Anniversary.

Yes, I hope they're enjoying themselves somewhere warm! Harry at least should be back in the UK by the end of the week, to be with his brother for the Anniversary.

Do we know when is the next time he has a royal engagement on his calendar?

Camilla Tominey, the royal reporter who broke the story about Harry and Meghan, has a new article in this week's Sunday Express about the couple.

I really don't see the big deal with Camilla Tominey's story. It seems like a pretty minor perk

Meghan jumps the queue at the Toronto airport anyway so the Heathrow thing is just an extension.

Harry really doesn't have 'rank' to pull. It's in the airports best interest to minimise disruptions and have best security in place.

Last edited:
He's a Prince and the son of the Prince of Wales. Of course he has rank. The airports always make arrangements for VIPs to get them through fast.

The Queen has pull. Charles has pull. William increasingly has pull but not sure about Harry.

But as I said, it's in the airports best interests to minimise disruptions and have security in place.

I just disagree with Camilla Tominey that this means they're one step closer to marriage. It's purely for convenience and security imo.

A step closer to marriage is stretching but it shows they are on a serious path.

They are on a serious path. It's going to be interesting to see where all this will be leading to in the coming months.

i remember that kate, when still william's girlfriend, attended the concert for diana (as did most of kate's family and chelsea davy) 10 years ago. i wonder if meghan will be invited to the events held this year.

I did have a laugh over Harry turning down the VIP suite for Meghan because it costs £3000 per use (despite his millions) and collects her right from the tarmac

Now that is sweet. It tells me that things most certainly haven't died down between them :D

:previous:

That's one way of looking at it although the first thing that came to my mind was Harry was doing it on the 'cheap' :D

The Queen has pull. Charles has pull. William increasingly has pull but not sure about Harry.

But as I said, it's in the airports best interests to minimise disruptions and have security in place.

I just disagree with Camilla Tominey that this means they're one step closer to marriage. It's purely for convenience and security imo.

So you are telling me anyone can just get picked up by their boyfriend at the tarmac? There are plenty of celebs that goes through Heathrow. Pretty sure they still have to go through what us normal folks have to go through and doesn't seem to be enough of a security concern for Heathrow.

:previous:

That's one way of looking at it although the first thing that came to my mind was Harry was doing it on the 'cheap' :D
Harry also flies economy. Do we want to make fun of him being cheap for that?

The airport arrangements should not be a surprise folks. It's no secret that Harry extremely protective of Meghan.

While this little gem is dated 20 Aug 2017 it refers to her 'most recent arrival' as prior to Pippa Middleton's wedding which dates the information itself. As people have pointed out, Heathrow is used to VIP's coming and going, but the majority would be celebrities rather than royals or diplomats.

That Harry should do this, while cheaper than using the VIP Lounge, it probably suits his PO's far better than having to enter the Aiport buildings themselves. Their presence would be obvious with official permission to temporarily park in the safest and nearest place. So, if Meghan had slipped in unremarked, Harry and his protection would be a dead giveaway. I am of course assuming he wouldn't be waiting in the car.

So we are back where we were after Meghan returned to Canada for the filming of Suits. There have been no sightings of Meghan and Harry together since the snap of them leaving Pippa's after-party.

I hope they are still happily flying under the radar.

There's the airport picture of them arriving to Africa in the beginning of August.

I'm with Heathrow Airport on this one:

"A Heathrow spokesman said: “The aviation and protective security arrangements for members of the Royal Family, including their movements through the airport, are confidential and fully compliant with regulatory requirements. It would be inappropriate to discuss those arrangements in public.”

Is it relevant in connection with their relationship anyway, since we can discuss royal finances and security in other threads.

This week's episode of Suits continues to make me believe strongly that preparations to exit Rachel's character could be underway.

Reactions: hel
This week's episode of Suits continues to make me believe strongly that preparations to exit Rachel's character could be underway.
:previous::previous:Yes! Noticed how "Rachel's" wardrobe is a lot more conservative, and there has been a distinct lack of intimacy between Mike Ross and Rachel too?

I think we can state that there is a good 95% chance Meghan will not be returning to Suits after season 7. For me, that illustrates how serious Harry and Meghan's relationship is.

I suspect an engagement will occur around September 2018, and marriage around April-May 2019. I think after Meghan's Suits commitments/departure are done, she'll move in London, where she'll start some kind of "Princess" school. It seems the engagement period for the BRF is relatively short. William and Catherine's was about 6 months.

You're not alone in thinking that, it was mentioned on twitter a few times too. Interesting...

ETA: this is a unique relationship in that regard, that if we pay attention to Meghan's career, her actions in public, and yes, the script of Suits, we might get a glimpse or an idea which direction this relationship is going. As in, if she's going to be written off the show after season 7, there's bound to be trouble between Mike and Rachel on the show, giving Rachel a way out. That's happening with Mike's lies. There's been a noticeable shift in the way Rachel and Mike are being written, which to me hints, that there might be season 8 for suits, and Meghan might exit the show at the end of season 7. This is just my opinion, though.

Last edited:
I agree that Suits gives us a unique glimpse of what might be happening in this relationship. On Meghan's birthday, Patrick J Adams posted a congratulatory photo of her kissing him on the neck. It was subsequently deleted, followed by Patrick deleting his entire Instagram! A day or so later, this prolific social media user went on to delete his entire twitter account too. I have no idea what to make of this. Maybe some of you with more knowledge of the situation would have some insight.

I agree that Suits gives us a unique glimpse of what might be happening in this relationship. On Meghan's birthday, Patrick J Adams posted a congratulatory photo of her kissing him on the neck. It was subsequently deleted, followed by Patrick deleting his entire Instagram! A day or so later, this prolific social media user went on to delete his entire twitter account too. I have no idea what to make of this. Maybe some of you with more knowledge of the situation would have some insight.

I know there were trolls that was harassing him about it online. Beyond that, I have no clue.

mmmm... i don't watch suits: how could you tell that they were preparing meghan's exit?

mmmm... i don't watch suits: how could you tell that they were preparing meghan's exit?

Shortly put, her fiance on the show is starting to lie to her and their boss about a work case, which will put the law firm, his and Rachel's position in the firm at risk.

Wasn't the original premise of the show that Mike was lying about being a lawyer, putting his position at the firm at risk?

I'd add too that isn't drama between the main couple (and really every other couple) a key plot point of just about every show?

Not saying she isn't being written off, but I do feel like "Rachel and Mike are having problems in the show, she must be about to be written off" seems a bit of a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom