The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings

Welcome to the Harry and Meghan: Relationship Musings thread

This thread has been created to discuss Harry and Meghan's relationship. Before we begin, the moderators would like to lay out a few ground rules for the thread.

• Please be mindful of the type of articles you are linking to and posting. As was stated before, Tumblr is not a valid source. Nor is the gossip you heard from a friend. The moderators will delete posts containing unsubstantiated hearsay and gossip.
  • Posts that are made or are deemed to have been made with the intentions to incite arguments, may/will be deleted without notice. As will posts that simply repeat the same negative opinion over and over (without participating in the discussion) and posts that do not comply with the royal forums rules on race, politics and religion - we will absolutely not tolerate racist remarks.
  • This is a discussion forum, so there will be a variety of opinions. Some of those opinions you will agree with and some you will not. No matter how you feel, please remember to be respectful of one another. You can disagree without resorting to personal attacks. If you feel that a post is violating the forum rules, please report it instead of disrupting the thread.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:20 AM
Courtier

The next week or two is going to be a bit full on for both Harry and William in light of their Mother's 20th Anniversary so hoping Harry and Meghan are together and under wraps from the paps!

Old 08-20-2017, 07:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I hope they're enjoying themselves somewhere warm! Harry at least should be back in the UK by the end of the week, to be with his brother for the Anniversary.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Yes, I hope they're enjoying themselves somewhere warm! Harry at least should be back in the UK by the end of the week, to be with his brother for the Anniversary.
Do we know when is the next time he has a royal engagement on his calendar?
Old 08-20-2017, 09:21 AM
Nobility

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/royal/843385/prince-harry-meghan-markle-airport-arrangements/amp
Camilla Tominey, the royal reporter who broke the story about Harry and Meghan, has a new article in this week's Sunday Express about the couple.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I really don't see the big deal with Camilla Tominey's story. It seems like a pretty minor perk

Meghan jumps the queue at the Toronto airport anyway so the Heathrow thing is just an extension.

Harry really doesn't have 'rank' to pull. It's in the airports best interest to minimise disruptions and have best security in place.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

He's a Prince and the son of the Prince of Wales. Of course he has rank. The airports always make arrangements for VIPs to get them through fast.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:56 AM
Heir Apparent

The Queen has pull. Charles has pull. William increasingly has pull but not sure about Harry.

But as I said, it's in the airports best interests to minimise disruptions and have security in place.

I just disagree with Camilla Tominey that this means they're one step closer to marriage. It's purely for convenience and security imo.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:14 AM
Nobility

A step closer to marriage is stretching but it shows they are on a serious path.
Old 08-20-2017, 11:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

They are on a serious path. It's going to be interesting to see where all this will be leading to in the coming months.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-20-2017, 12:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Do we know when is the next time he has a royal engagement on his calendar?
Only known engagement is Invictus Games.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 08-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Majesty

i remember that kate, when still william's girlfriend, attended the concert for diana (as did most of kate's family and chelsea davy) 10 years ago. i wonder if meghan will be invited to the events held this year.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 08-20-2017, 02:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I did have a laugh over Harry turning down the VIP suite for Meghan because it costs £3000 per use (despite his millions) and collects her right from the tarmac
Old 08-20-2017, 02:23 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Now that is sweet. It tells me that things most certainly haven't died down between them
Old 08-20-2017, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

That's one way of looking at it although the first thing that came to my mind was Harry was doing it on the 'cheap'
Old 08-20-2017, 03:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Queen has pull. Charles has pull. William increasingly has pull but not sure about Harry.

But as I said, it's in the airports best interests to minimise disruptions and have security in place.

I just disagree with Camilla Tominey that this means they're one step closer to marriage. It's purely for convenience and security imo.
So you are telling me anyone can just get picked up by their boyfriend at the tarmac? There are plenty of celebs that goes through Heathrow. Pretty sure they still have to go through what us normal folks have to go through and doesn't seem to be enough of a security concern for Heathrow.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

That's one way of looking at it although the first thing that came to my mind was Harry was doing it on the 'cheap'
Harry also flies economy. Do we want to make fun of him being cheap for that?
Old 08-20-2017, 05:34 PM
Nobility

The airport arrangements should not be a surprise folks. It's no secret that Harry extremely protective of Meghan.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:14 PM
Majesty

While this little gem is dated 20 Aug 2017 it refers to her 'most recent arrival' as prior to Pippa Middleton's wedding which dates the information itself. As people have pointed out, Heathrow is used to VIP's coming and going, but the majority would be celebrities rather than royals or diplomats.

That Harry should do this, while cheaper than using the VIP Lounge, it probably suits his PO's far better than having to enter the Aiport buildings themselves. Their presence would be obvious with official permission to temporarily park in the safest and nearest place. So, if Meghan had slipped in unremarked, Harry and his protection would be a dead giveaway. I am of course assuming he wouldn't be waiting in the car.

So we are back where we were after Meghan returned to Canada for the filming of Suits. There have been no sightings of Meghan and Harry together since the snap of them leaving Pippa's after-party.

I hope they are still happily flying under the radar.
Old 08-20-2017, 06:31 PM
Nobility

There's the airport picture of them arriving to Africa in the beginning of August.

Closed Thread